PDA

View Full Version : Fans director

Tamhere1875
02-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Nice to see at least one of the fans directors regularly attending the development teams games just a pity others on the board don't do the same. Well done Mr Dougan

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2016, 05:21 AM
Well done to Frank for getting to these games and I dare say his dedication to this is one of the reasons he was voted in but don't see the big deal about other directors attending development games?

The other fans rep has a 9-5 job which will stop him getting to these and I'm sure the rest of the directors have other things going on and aren't just at home watching Loose Women.

GreenArmyyy!
02-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Well done to Frank for getting to these games and I dare say his dedication to this is one of the reasons he was voted in but don't see the big deal about other directors attending development games?

The other fans rep has a 9-5 job which will stop him getting to these and I'm sure the rest of the directors have other things going on and aren't just at home watching Loose Women.

Completely agree. There just isn't enough time in the day.

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Personally for me, I think the next fans reps, should be in part time employment, or semi retired / retired. Too much work involved being a Hibs Director IMO.

Steve-O
02-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Do these fans directors get paid?

Andy74
02-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Nice to see at least one of the fans directors regularly attending the development teams games just a pity others on the board don't do the same. Well done Mr Dougan

To what end? The directors don't get paid for the role they do - which is an oversight role of the clubs management. What would attending the development games regularly add to that? There are plenty staff to ensure that the academy and football side run properly. Of course part of oversight is being aware of what is going on at all levels to a certain degree so the odd visit would do no harm in understanding what is happening but I don't think there is any need for regular attendance of games at that level.

Bill Milne
02-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Personally for me, I think the next fans reps, should be in part time employment, or semi retired / retired. Too much work involved being a Hibs Director IMO.

Putting your name forward, Steven?

Kojock
02-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Even if Frank wasn't a fans rep he would still attend development matches. Basically if it involves anything Hibs then there's a strong possibility Frank will be in attendance.

PiemanP
02-11-2016, 09:43 AM
The fans' reps are volunteers and are not paid. They do it for the love of our club. Personally I think Frank and Amit complement each other well. Frank has watched Hibs over many decades and is more 'hands on' whilst I get the impression Amit has a very sharp brain and will be able to support the board on a business side better than Frank.

My only complain is I wish there was a bit more communication telling us about the good work these two are doing.

Steve-O
02-11-2016, 09:49 AM
So it's slightly ridiculous, if we want these people to cover a wide demographic, to suggest that volunteers who are by all accounts doing a lot of work, should be part-time / retired / unemployed!

Beefster
02-11-2016, 09:53 AM
So it's slightly ridiculous, if we want these people to cover a wide demographic, to suggest that volunteers who are by all accounts doing a lot of work, should be part-time / retired / unemployed!

Yes. It would also rule out the vast majority of existing directors.

Edit: I realise BF only said that this should apply to the fans reps but why would they have more work to do that any other director?

Mikey
02-11-2016, 09:54 AM
My only complain is I wish there was a bit more communication telling us about the good work these two are doing.

Yep.

I know what Amit does but that's because I know him and I've spoken to him about it. I've no idea what Frank's role is on the board and which tasks he's taken on.

Peevemor
02-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I think that it's for the people who vote for the fans' reps to decide their own criteria and vote accordingly.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Yep.

I know what Amit does but that's because I know him and I've spoken to him about it. I've no idea what Frank's role is on the board and which tasks he's taken on.

I'm the reverse, see Frank a lot, but have never met Amit.
Frank does a lot in the community for Hibs.
Heard that they can stand again, not sure that is a good idea, as we need fresh fan impute every 2 years

Beefster
02-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Yep.

Agreed. I don't know either of them and have no idea what they're doing for me/us.

Posh Swanny
02-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Yep.

Same here. Suffice to say, the Hibs scouting network has improved/become a thing since Amit got involved!

lucky
02-11-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm the reverse, see Frank a lot, but have never met Amit.
Frank does a lot in the community for Hibs.
Heard that they can stand again, not sure that is a good idea, as we need fresh fan impute every 2 years

If it's not broke why change it. If they both choose to stand again I'll support them. They've just got themselves established and both bring different qualities to the role. As has been said on this thread

Billy Whizz
02-11-2016, 11:20 AM
If it's not broke why change it. If they both choose to stand again I'll support them. They've just got themselves established and both bring different qualities to the role. As has been said on this thread

But how do we know it's not a cosy relationship?

Pretty Boy
02-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Perosnally I think both are doing a fine job in different ways.

I voted for Amit last time but not Frank, reason being I heard a lot from Amit on here and other media platforms whereas Franks more old school approach meant I wasn't in the loop with his 'campaign. If both stood again I'd likely vote for them both (unless there was another outstanding candidate) as I've been impressed with the work both have done.

dp00
02-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Why wouldn't there relationship be cosy ? There not there to argue with every point the board make they are there to share the fans points

Both from what I understand , see on Twitter and the forums do a lot more that you would maybe expect from someone who is a volunteer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
02-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Why wouldn't there relationship be cosy ? There not there to argue with every point the board make they are there to share the fans points

Both from what I understand , see on Twitter and the forums do a lot more that you would maybe expect from someone who is a volunteer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying they aren't doing a good job, just think new fans blood on the board, every 2 years is a good idea

scoopyboy
02-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Frank goes to Development games, I don't think that would change one bit if he was a director or not.

I know he is virtually at the ground every day and looks to help in any way he can. Not the role of a director but he just likes top get mucked in and help in any way possible to benefit Hibs.

He also attends many funerals of Hibs fans in an official capacity, although it is possible he would be there anyway as he knows a helluva lot of us. I don't know what his full remit is but you can bet he will carry it through.

Possibly worth mentioning as well that he was the only director that travelled to Turriff for the Irn Bru cup tie.

Tamhere1875
02-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Can I just say Amit talks a good game but try to get him so come away with answers is a totally different thing. After nearly 10 months myself and a good few other supporters who where at ibrox are still waiting on the report from him, when asked about that and other things the answers alwythe same I'll get back to you.

147lothian
02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I had a quick word with Frank before the vote for fans director came out and asked him to get onto the fans forums, he told e he was steering clear of them, Frank is an old school supporter, if you cut him in half there would be Hibernian Football Club written across him like a stick of blackpool rock, as has been mentioned elsewhere he would be at the development games whether on the board or not, I voted for him because he epitomizes a fan who has the best interest of the club at heart, IMO things are going in the right direction at Easter Road because Frank would walk away if they weren't. I have never met Amit but I like the guy, for me the new kid on the block comes across well, I would most likely vote the two of them back in, they both play different roles as fans reps for me

lucky
02-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Billy, you are generally a fairly sensible contributor to this forum but I would hope all our Directors would have s good relationships. Why would you want our two elected reps to rock the boat?

I can understand lots of fans would love to serve Hibernian, me included, but why change something that's working? Frank is at every game and is very approachable and does some social media whilst Ammit is more visible on social media and always available to meet fans. If they were not doing the job then I'd be amongst the supporters wanting change. But in my eyes they are doing fine. Come on they were Directors when we won the cup 😄

JimBHibees
02-11-2016, 04:05 PM
I had a quick word with Frank before the vote for fans director came out and asked him to get onto the fans forums, he told e he was steering clear of them, Frank is an old school supporter, if you cut him in half there would be Hibernian Football Club written across him like a stick of blackpool rock, as has been mentioned elsewhere he would be at the development games whether on the board or not, I voted for him because he epitomizes a fan who has the best interest of the club at heart, IMO things are going in the right direction at Easter Road because Frank would walk away if they weren't. I have never met Amit but I like the guy, for me the new kid on the block comes across well, I would most likely vote the two of them back in, they both play different roles as fans reps for me

From the little knowledge I have of both they do appear to present a good balance between them.

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Same here. Suffice to say, the Hibs scouting network has improved/become a thing since Amit got involved!

:confused::confused:

HibsNutter
02-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Any excuse to have a go at people in a position of power, eh? If they are not involved in youth development I couldn't care less if they don't attend development games.

Posh Swanny
02-11-2016, 05:16 PM

I don't know enough to go into any detail but he mentions it in this interview from last year:

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-interview-with-amit.html?m=1

Brightside
02-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Indeed.... i'd love to know what has improved.

Stantons Angel
02-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny
Same here. Suffice to say, the Hibs scouting network has improved/become a thing since Amit got involved!+

inmo the scouting network improved once Leanne revamped the footballing side of the business. Amit i believe may have an interest in youth development but carries no voting or input into decisions made by the Academy directors and or George Craig.

Like Frank he is a fans rep and can carry the fans concerns and questions about the youth development to the academy directors.

At least then the fans are letting the club know of their thoughts.

coldingham hibs
02-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Indeed.... i'd love to know what has improved.

The Scouting network is as good as any other club, the problem is other clubs have satellite training facilities which suit players outwith the Edinburgh/Lothians area.

I've mentioned on here before that Hiring facilities could be something Hibs.Net or other groups could support which would help identify and retain the best young players.

Forza Fred
02-11-2016, 11:52 PM
They may be working hard behind the scenes but I'm not sure exactly what they do.

Not frequenting the hostelries around Easter Road, I rely on social media and sites like this for that information, and I would have expected much more communication from them, to be honest.

In the 21st century, I think Frank needs to reconsider his aversion to posting on fans sites, if he is aiming to reach all the fans.

Having said that, as others have said who also know Frank, when it comes to Hibs there can be no doubting his willingness to serve them as best he can.

Brooster
03-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Can I just say Amit talks a good game but try to get him so come away with answers is a totally different thing. After nearly 10 months myself and a good few other supporters who where at ibrox are still waiting on the report from him, when asked about that and other things the answers alwythe same I'll get back to you.

Same.....still to be convinced.

Jack
03-11-2016, 07:51 AM
They may be working hard behind the scenes but I'm not sure exactly what they do.

Not frequenting the hostelries around Easter Road, I rely on social media and sites like this for that information, and I would have expected much more communication from them, to be honest.

In the 21st century, I think Frank needs to reconsider his aversion to posting on fans sites, if he is aiming to reach all the fans.

Having said that, as others have said who also know Frank, when it comes to Hibs there can be no doubting his willingness to serve them as best he can.

Never mind sites like this, the official site first and foremost and then we can dissect it to bits on here :-)

From the very start communication with the support was central to there being fan reps. This hasn't happened.

When they have been presenting I'll agree with the poster above who said Amit was long on chat and short on answers. A bit like Oor Rod!

There's also the missing reports on ibrox and the now not so recent fan directors meet the fans meeting. Two high profile pieces of work where the result has been promised but no conclusion.

I find Big Frank's running total on funerals slightly odd although each to their own. I'm sure, as he says, the families feel a great comfort from his being there on behalf of the club.

Other directors have said the fans reps are heard at board meetings and are influential. No examples are ever given but that's precisely what I wanted to see; examples of where our reps were working for us.

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Same.....still to be convinced.

Think he over eggs his role, talks a great game, but not sure he is representing fans. My own thoughts are he is in it purely for himself

RIP
03-11-2016, 11:53 PM
I remember when we started LWT we got excited about the prospect of using expert skills and experience from the support to deliver real change at our club.

It took a year to realise that Rod wasn't interested in fan-led initiatives unless they were run by his management team.

All we ever got was patronising lip service. Be interesting to hear if anything improved when Leeann joined.

Brightside
04-11-2016, 01:12 AM
The Scouting network is as good as any other club, the problem is other clubs have satellite training facilities which suit players outwith the Edinburgh/Lothians area.

I've mentioned on here before that Hiring facilities could be something Hibs.Net or other groups could support which would help identify and retain the best young players.

What would you expect a scout to do - and how should he be trained to do it right? At the moment Hibs scouts go to youth games and just pick 4 best players and try and get them to move.... If that is scouting were are basically ****** in scotland.

Forza Fred
04-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Regarding fans directors being eligible to renominates for a further term, I guess there are arguments for and against, but also a danger that the fans reps may start to see them more as general board members than representing the fans.

Not saying that is happening, but what achievements have either of the fans reps delivered for the fans as a result of their election?