PDA

View Full Version : DVD in different formats

KiddA
01-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know if the club is going to bring out a ntsc version or all regions. I live in the USA and I am desperate to get my hands on the new DVD. I am sure there would be a lot of sales from all over the world not just the USA. The club did do this for the league cup final DVD as I have a copy.

Anyone with any info regarding this would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mikey
01-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Don't know the answer to your question, but one thing you could do to get round it is buy a cheap external DVD-RW on Amazon and set it to Region 2. That'll play it.

KiddA
01-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Don't know the answer to your question, but one thing you could do to get round it is buy a cheap external DVD-RW on Amazon and set it to Region 2. That'll play it.

Thanks for the information I have thought about this and wil look into it. Just wish the club would make it easier for me and release the format. I think they would get a lot of sales.

lyonhibs
01-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Is the current version not all regions anyway?

KiddA
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Is the current version not all regions anyway?

No I called the club store and they said it was PAL

mutley
01-11-2016, 05:12 PM
If you do a google search, there used to be a website where you enter make and model of your DVD player and it gives you the engineer codes (buttons to press) to enter the region settings and choose 0 (multi region).

I have 3 different DVD players and they were all region 3 but now are all now multi region

Try www.dvdcodes.net

I think I used a different site but you'll get the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutley
01-11-2016, 05:13 PM

Most modern TVs are capable of showing PAL and NTSC unlike old CRT TVs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby70
01-11-2016, 05:20 PM

Region locking in a DVD and PAL/NTSC are two different things. As above most TVs nowadays can handle either PAL or NTSC. The DVD player is usually locked to a region (1 for USA,2 for Europe) and can only play DVDs from that region.

The DVD could be region free in that respect or you can normally change the region on the player but that's sometimes limited to a certain number of changes.

h1bee123
01-11-2016, 09:17 PM
I have an American Xbox 360 for which I have to buy NTSC games or region free games. I watched the Cup Final DVD on this last night and it worked perfectly so I assume that means the DVD is region free.

Lex7zero
01-11-2016, 11:16 PM
My mate brought me over a copy of the DVD over to Florida this week but unfortunately it does not work. Already arranging a wee showing once I get home.

Baader
02-11-2016, 03:14 AM
If you can't unlock your DVD player to multi-region in the long run it's probably worth buying a multi-region player. Shouldn't cost much more than the price of the cup final DVD if it's similar to UK and at least you can watch it (or any other worldwide DVD) when you like. A lot of laptop DVD drives will be multi-region, just watch it doesn't set the region to 2 on playing it - if you're in US or Aus.

Steve-O
02-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Has ANYONE outside of the UK had the DVD yet? I'm still waiting on mine even though it was posted 6 days ago. Hoping to have it by the end of the week and it better work!

hongkonghibee
02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Has ANYONE outside of the UK had the DVD yet? I'm still waiting on mine even though it was posted 6 days ago. Hoping to have it by the end of the week and it better work!

I received my dvd in hongkong today. Put it into my desk top computer dvd player, and it works fine.

High-On-Hibs
02-11-2016, 10:51 PM
You can purchase the PAL version, back it up to your PC using DVD decryption software, then burn a region free version to DVD-R that will play in almost any DVD player. That way you can keep the original in mint condition.

California-Hibs
03-11-2016, 07:03 AM

This is where I'm at. Pre ordered on the 18th, it shipped on the 27th and the tracking status says it's in San Francisco, it's said this for a few days now. Desperate to have it arrive!! When I've been reading some people's experiences of the DVD sticking in certain places I think I hope especially that doesn't happen with mine, what a nightmare that'll be all the way here in America!

California-Hibs
03-11-2016, 07:04 AM
You can purchase the PAL version, back it up to your PC using DVD decryption software, then burn a region free version to DVD-R that will play in almost any DVD player. That way you can keep the original in mint condition.

That's my plan as soon as it arrives! Get the file onto my hard drive so I'll forever have it in perfect condition!

WellingtonHibby
03-11-2016, 08:08 AM

Mines not here yet either!!

Steve-O
03-11-2016, 08:49 AM
This is where I'm at. Pre ordered on the 18th, it shipped on the 27th and the tracking status says it's in San Francisco, it's said this for a few days now. Desperate to have it arrive!! When I've been reading some people's experiences of the DVD sticking in certain places I think I hope especially that doesn't happen with mine, what a nightmare that'll be all the way here in America!

My tracking status claims its in the NZ system, but I can also use the NZ Post with the same tracking number and it's unclear on there if it's even left the UK?? Christ knows where it is.