PDA

View Full Version : The shop....how do we best ask club to improve merchandise

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 01:08 PM
So it seems we are mostly all agreed the shops quality and range of merchandise is poor. How best to gather everyone's opinions from all the forums, and then let club know. Any ideas?

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

andrew70
01-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Getting rid of Nike/JustSport and the constraints that deal puts us under may the best move in the first instance at least.

green day
01-11-2016, 01:14 PM
So it seems we are mostly all agreed the shops quality and range of merchandise is poor. How best to gather everyone's opinions from all the forums, and then let club know. Any ideas?

Not being funny, but as long as they have scarves, football strips and the odd t-shirt / dvd for winning the cup, I am sorted.

I am certain that you could send them a wishlist, but it wont be anything they have not already thought about - a lot of things are just too expensive to stock for a Scottish team with a limited fanbase.

JDHibs
01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
The club are aware of the issues with the merchandise, the contract is up with Just Sport in the summer and i imagine Hibs will take full control of the shop again.

Until the contract is up, not alot will be done.

mutley
01-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Wasn't there a thread about a year ago (maybe longer) asking for suggestions on what people would want to see in the shop? If I remember correctly, there were a lot of suggestions and this was going to be taken forward ( I think 1 or 2 actually came to fruition) but it was all centred around HIbs taking the shop back "in house", rather than being linked to another company to run.

Between the shop and the catering, there are so many improvements that could be made by the simplest of ideas, but nothing ever seems to be taken on board.

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Maybe the club should post a questionnaire on the website asking for suggestions for merchandise if it does come back in store.

Jones28
01-11-2016, 02:14 PM
We simply must take shop management back in to the hands of the club. A few years ago you could buy anything you wanted adorned with Hibs badges from bed sheets to curtains, now the selection is poor and mothring is ever in stock.

Jones28
01-11-2016, 02:15 PM
We simply must take shop management back in to the hands of the club. A few years ago you could buy anything you wanted adorned with Hibs badges from bed sheets to curtains, now the selection is poor and nothing is ever in stock.

HFCdeb
01-11-2016, 02:21 PM
They really do need to cater more to their female fan base as well. I'm not talking about naff and tacky pink gloves and scarves (why do they do this? We play in green and white!) I mean having a range of training gear etc for women, as well as things like tote bags and purses.
Football clubs like to make a lot of noise about being inclusive and family friendly but the female fan: female Hibs store products ratio is vastly off kilter.

HoboHarry
01-11-2016, 02:25 PM
The wife hates dealing with the shop for Christmas gifts. Last year she ordered one of those ceramic gnomes (God knows why?) but the shop just put it in an envelope and shipped it. Smashed to bits by the time it crossed the Atlantic but it was impossible to get someone to pick up the phone at the Hibs shop. I gave up in the end......

greenlex
01-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Not seen a Hibs mouse pad for years.

SRHibs
01-11-2016, 02:31 PM
"I'm sure we can all agree that there are more important things to worry about, such as getting us back where we belong." :^)

The polo shirts are nice to be fair.

Kojock
01-11-2016, 02:34 PM
There is already a group set up called Working Together who meet every couple of months and anyone is welcome to attend. There are individual sub committees dealing with all matters including merchandising. There is usually a news bulletin on the official site giving details of the next meeting and updates from the group on what progress has been made. Im sure they would welcome any volunteers and new ideas.

For more information contact Colin (cmillar@hibernianfc.co.uk).

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2016, 04:43 PM
You can't even get a simple plastic wallet to hold your ST card.

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 04:53 PM
There is already a group set up called Working Together who meet every couple of months and anyone is welcome to attend. There are individual sub committees dealing with all matters including merchandising. There is usually a news bulletin on the official site giving details of the next meeting and updates from the group on what progress has been made. Im sure they would welcome any volunteers and new ideas.

For more information contact Colin (cmillar@hibernianfc.co.uk).
I will maybe drop him a mail and see where things stand at present

monktonharp
01-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalkbest just to keep quiet about it and the problem will go away.

monktonharp
01-11-2016, 06:54 PM
"I'm sure we can all agree that there are more important things to worry about, such as getting us back where we belong." :^)

The polo shirts are nice to be fair.good lord:rolleyes:

beensaidbefore
01-11-2016, 06:58 PM
We simply must take shop management back in to the hands of the club. A few years ago you could buy anything you wanted adorned with Hibs badges from bed sheets to curtains, now the selection is poor and mothring is ever in stock.

I remember when you could go to any sports shop and buy a hibs strip, scarf and anything else really. OK hibs didn't have the shop at the famous 5, but I think we should have stuff in the shops of Edinburgh. Let's face it, what football loving tourist is gonna trek to er just for a badge/scarf etc. They will just buy huntic stuff as it is everywhere.

I understand by doing so hibs will lose some of their current customer base, but we could be tapping into a new market. Get a few tops in the football shop at Lothian Road for a start. The fact you cant buy a hibs top anywhere in Edinburgh other than er is a disgrace imo.

Argylehibby
01-11-2016, 07:10 PM

I head up a small group that's part of the wider working together group where the objective is to get what the fans want to buy in to the shop. I posted some time ago asking what folk wanted and there was well over 100 items put forward. We were asked for subtle branding items, they are there now. Ladies wear, much improved. The cabbage and ribs tee shirt still sells well months after it was introduced. There are plenty of examples of what was requested making its way to the shop and many more will follow. I'm sure everyone agrees that getting all of the suggestions in is unrealistic but we are still working on the list and adding to it with ideas from the group or stollen from other clubs.

If anyone has suggestions post them on this thread and I will pick them up and see if they are things that we can introduce.

That being said I don't agree with your "quality" comment. Since we set up the overriding message was we wanted quality items and I think we have got that.

If you want to join the group of course I'd be more than happy to invite you to our next meeting, pm me if you want to join off you have any ideas that you want us to consider.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2016, 07:29 PM
The biggest gripe for me is the lack of high ticket items (and I don't mean over the odds pricing for a Nike polo shirt with a Hibs badge stuck on the wrong side).

I have no interest in sports leisurewear, apart from the odd thing to actually play sport in. I would however welcome a decent watch for example or a limited edition whisky. I know there are constraints to some things but both the above have been done in the past and would sell again. Hearts have had a couple of whiskies (at different price points) in the last couple of years. A Scottish Cup winners whisky tastefully packaged would have sold multiple units even priced at £100+. Alas the boat was missed.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2016, 07:31 PM
although not a ST holder myself i always have the wallet on me for my various cards, i've mentioned to both the ticket office and club shop that they should start selling them for fans that just simply want a wallet to carry plastic cards, i'd gladly pay a couple of £ for them

Loads of people seem to have phone cases now that have a few card slots. One of those with a Hibs badge on would fly off the shelves if designed and priced properly.

Galahibby
01-11-2016, 07:52 PM

Not the best picture, but I got this from ownster.co.uk. I'm sure the shop could quite easily produce something similar and they'd fly off the shelves. 17579

SteveHFC
01-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Not the best picture, but I got this from ownster.co.uk. I'm sure the shop could quite easily produce something similar and they'd fly off the shelves. 17579

Smart :aok:

Will be doing that too.

SRHibs
01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
good lord:rolleyes:
?

hibby6270
01-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Can't remember how long ago it was (5 or 6 years ago?) but the shop did sell ST card holders once upon a time. We have one each, Mrs Hibby6270 and myself, and they cost a whole £1 sterling each at the time. Why they stopped doing them beats me. :confused:

Ronniekirk
01-11-2016, 09:01 PM
The biggest gripe for me is the lack of high ticket items (and I don't mean over the odds pricing for a Nike polo shirt with a Hibs badge stuck on the wrong side).

I have no interest in sports leisurewear, apart from the odd thing to actually play sport in. I would however welcome a decent watch for example or a limited edition whisky. I know there are constraints to some things but both the above have been done in the past and would sell again. Hearts have had a couple of whiskies (at different price points) in the last couple of years. A Scottish Cup winners whisky tastefully packaged would have sold multiple units even priced at £100+. Alas the boat was missed.

Maybe we should place pre orders fo these items and the Club might take the hint I wpuld of thought both these suggestions would be popular as X mass presents
Be good to hear from fans reps if there are plans for something like thisor if the DVD is the last new item for sale

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2016, 07:59 AM
I head up a small group that's part of the wider working together group where the objective is to get what the fans want to buy in to the shop. I posted some time ago asking what folk wanted and there was well over 100 items put forward. We were asked for subtle branding items, they are there now. Ladies wear, much improved. The cabbage and ribs tee shirt still sells well months after it was introduced. There are plenty of examples of what was requested making its way to the shop and many more will follow. I'm sure everyone agrees that getting all of the suggestions in is unrealistic but we are still working on the list and adding to it with ideas from the group or stollen from other clubs.

If anyone has suggestions post them on this thread and I will pick them up and see if they are things that we can introduce.

That being said I don't agree with your "quality" comment. Since we set up the overriding message was we wanted quality items and I think we have got that.

If you want to join the group of course I'd be more than happy to invite you to our next meeting, pm me if you want to join off you have any ideas that you want us to consider.

I have to disagree there, i have been in that shop so many times and walked out with nothing.The cabbage and ribs tshirts are not something i'd wear out at night, but something clearly of good quality with a subtle badge without colours blazing all over it would be nice and never go out of style.

I can see this is not for everyone, and the current trend for loud tshirts seem to be popular with the younger fan, but for folk like me who will never buy anything like that to be walking out that shop with nothing as many times as i have is just wrong.

Plain good quality tops will never go out of fashion, to me its a no brainer.

hibee62
02-11-2016, 09:56 AM

A gripe I had around the DVD launch was the lack of a click and collect option on the website. It doesn't seem hard to set up given online orders appear to go through the shop anyway. I've been able to phone up and have things put aside but online would just be easier. Something that comes to mind would also be a designated collection queue on match days? People can order online and have them put aside no matter where they come from for a match, then pick them up on the way to/from the stadium.

I've also noted that some things in the shop are not on the website, such as the cup winners glassware. Could this be resolved?

southfieldhibby
02-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Some of the things mentioned here are decent I think, the Whisky and crystal glass decanters would be a good, with a healthy margin. A 25 year old version to celebrate the 91 team would also have sold well I think? Good quality clothing with subtle HFC references would also be decent.
The wee cardholders I'm less bothered by, the margin would be reasonable but the actual cost so low the importance is less so. That's giveaway stuff imo, or get one free with every purchase.

There was some cracking signed pics in the shop, selling for a good few quid, but you had to go to some guy in Musselburgh I think to buy one! Hibs should be making huge sums off the back of May, but we're clearly not taking advantage.

hibee62
02-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Some of the things mentioned here are decent I think, the Whisky and crystal glass decanters would be a good, with a healthy margin. A 25 year old version to celebrate the 91 team would also have sold well I think? Good quality clothing with subtle HFC references would also be decent.
The wee cardholders I'm less bothered by, the margin would be reasonable but the actual cost so low the importance is less so. That's giveaway stuff imo, or get one free with every purchase.

There was some cracking signed pics in the shop, selling for a good few quid, but you had to go to some guy in Musselburgh I think to buy one! Hibs should be making huge sums off the back of May, but we're clearly not taking advantage.

There are cup winners Dartington crystal decanters in the shop, But not online. They cost £55 and there's also glasses and a clockin the range.

southfieldhibby
02-11-2016, 10:25 AM
There are cup winners Dartington crystal decanters in the shop, But not online. They cost £55 and there's also glasses and a clockin the range.

Really? cheers for that, will fire up tomorrow. The xmas Whisky shall be served to my jambo brother in law with those bad boys!

hibee62
02-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Really? cheers for that, will fire up tomorrow. The xmas Whisky shall be served to my jambo brother in law with those bad boys!

Excellent! Might be worth a call first to check stock as they only seem to have a handful at a time and they'll probably put one aside for you.

snedzuk
02-11-2016, 10:40 AM
I have to disagree there, i have been in that shop so many times and walked out with nothing.The cabbage and ribs tshirts are not something i'd wear out at night, but something clearly of good quality with a subtle badge without colours blazing all over it would be nice and never go out of style.

I can see this is not for everyone, and the current trend for loud tshirts seem to be popular with the younger fan, but for folk like me who will never buy anything like that to be walking out that shop with nothing as many times as i have is just wrong.

Plain good quality tops will never go out of fashion, to me its a no brainer.

Recently they did a fairly good quality jumper with an '1875' logo on which i have - i like this as the logo is subtle and i can wear the jersey anytime. There was also a fairly cool white shirt but only in short sleeve - a long sleeve white shirt that could be worn for work again with a discreet logo would be good.