PDA

View Full Version : The Shop

Highland_Hibee
01-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Often takes a slagging on here for numerous reasons but I have to say well done the team for doing their bit and putting in a hell of a shift to get it done.

[emoji1319] #Hibsclass

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-ship-in-more-cup-final-dvds-as-over-5000-are-snapped-up-1-4273683

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Often takes a slagging on here for numerous reasons but I have to say well done the team for doing their bit and putting in a hell of a shift to get it done.

[emoji1319] #Hibsclass

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-ship-in-more-cup-final-dvds-as-over-5000-are-snapped-up-1-4273683

Let's face it, they are still missing a trick. Its now the run up to Xmas and the selection for kids is hopeless, no onesies, no pyjamas, bedspread, curtains, wash bag, lamp shade, slippers............but they did get the DVD right. I won't start on the other cup final merchandise.

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 09:57 AM
You can tell it's a small operation. Maybe they should get some professional help in if they struggle so much?

Oscar T Grouch
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
OP starts a positive thread on the Hibs shop and all the hard work they've done to make a lot of Hibees happy and the first two responses are negative. This place is like moan central sometimes. Credit where it's due, the staff in the shop went above and beyond and that should be recognised.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 10:31 AM
OP starts a positive thread on the Hibs shop and all the hard work they've done to make a lot of Hibees happy and the first two responses are negative. This place is like moan central sometimes. Credit where it's due, the staff in the shop went above and beyond and that should be recognised.

The individuals that stayed late - well done.

The management for letting it get to the situation where the staff had to stay late to meet expectations - poor.

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Yes credit is due to the staff of the shop and whoever was involved in creating DVD. But they need to get a grip with the poor selection of stuff for kids. I was in the Celtic shop recently buying a present for my brother in laws boy, and the choice is mind boggling.

Oscar T Grouch
01-11-2016, 11:23 AM

The management for letting it get to the situation where the staff had to stay late to meet expectations - poor.

There are other threads slagging off Hibs for this DVD release. Maybe you could have just stayed on them to voice your displeasure with Hibs rather than infect another thread with negativity? This thread was started to praise the work done by the staff in the shop to get so many orders out in a short period of time but your first post was negative,as was your second, albeit not totally negative. Just saying likes. You are of course entitled to post what you like where you like as long as it is within the rules of the board. Personally after 21/5/16 I have very little negative to say about Hibs, even less after seeing Time for Heroes.

Mikeystewart
01-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Member of staff came round the big queue pre kick off with a bag of mint humbugs offering them out to folk in the queue.

Not a massive gesture but small things like that help in these situation when people are stressing out that they are going to miss kick off.

Oscar T Grouch
01-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Yes credit is due to the staff of the shop and whoever was involved in creating DVD. But they need to get a grip with the poor selection of stuff for kids. I was in the Celtic shop recently buying a present for my brother in laws boy, and the choice is mind boggling.

Again I'll repeat what I said to Danderhall. This thread was started as a positive about the club shop and the hard work the staff have done to keep a lot of a Hibees happy. There are numberous other threads slagging the shop off so why choose this thread to be negative? Celtic have a better range than Hibs? They also have a lot more money and a larger fan base. Go on one of the other threads and moan about the range, leave this one for praising the hard work that the shop staff have done over the last week to ensure so many people got their dvds and other orders.

Mikey
01-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Let's face it, they are still missing a trick. Its now the run up to Xmas and the selection for kids is hopeless, no onesies, no pyjamas, bedspread, curtains, wash bag, lamp shade, slippers............but they did get the DVD right. I won't start on the other cup final merchandise.

The volume that Celtic can shift compared to Hibs is huge.

Which supplier is going to do a run of 500 pairs of slippers, 500 pairs of pyjamas, 500 bedspreads, etc and at what cost? And would we even sell that many of each?

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 11:41 AM
There are other threads slagging off Hibs for this DVD release. Maybe you could have just stayed on them to voice your displeasure with Hibs rather than infect another thread with negativity? This thread was started to praise the work done by the staff in the shop to get so many orders out in a short period of time but your first post was negative,as was your second, albeit not totally negative. Just saying likes. You are of course entitled to post what you like where you like as long as it is within the rules of the board. Personally after 21/5/16 I have very little negative to say about Hibs, even less after seeing Time for Heroes.

Maybe we need a (positive posts only) prefix made available when creating threads, otherwise we're always in danger of posting alternative opinions. :greengrin

Highland_Hibee
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
My idea really was just noting the job the staff have made and I'm glad most folk can see that.

I agree there could be so much more done with the shop but that's not for the servers to answer for.

Hibs90
01-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Exactly this.

Thecat23
01-11-2016, 11:44 AM
The volume that Celtic can shift compared to Hibs is huge.

Which supplier is going to do a run of 500 pairs of slippers, 500 pairs of pyjamas, 500 bedspreads, etc and at what cost? And would we even sell that many of each?

Hibs could have sold thousands of Scottish cup stuff right after the win. The whole shop is an utter shambles! I feel for the staff I really do, but it's so badly run it's laughable at times.

Mikey
01-11-2016, 11:48 AM
I won't start on the other cup final merchandise.

Hibs could have sold thousands of Scottish cup stuff right after the win. The whole shop is an utter shambles! I feel for the staff I really do, but it's so badly run it's laughable at times.

That wasn't his point though.

Oscar T Grouch
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Maybe we need a (positive posts only) prefix made available when creating threads, otherwise we're always in danger of posting alternative opinions. :greengrin

That is actually a good idea. I'm not one to dictate what people write but sometimes it's nice to read a thread that's just positive. No one is perfect and there will also be holes to pick, sometimes it's just good to ignore the holes and look at the whole splendid bigger picture 😁

Btw this isn't about alternative opinions, like I said there are other less positive threads to post negative stuff about Hibs. This is about choosing where to post your perfectly valid opinions. Choosing to post negativity on a thread started as a well done to the shop staff, imo is a bad choice. There's at least three threads on this forum alone slagging Hibs for the poor cup winning merch they made available after the final.

TorMTH
01-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Where's the fun in reading a thread repeating the same message?

Highland_Hibee
01-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Where's the fun in reading a thread repeating the same message?

It's never not fun to have people appreciate hard work. Not everything on here has to be a debate.

Did we have to have differences of opinion when someone posted that Hibee Sam passed away?

monktonharp
01-11-2016, 06:07 PM
My idea really was just noting the job the staff have made and I'm glad most folk can see that.

I agree there could be so much more done with the shop but that's not for the servers to answer for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyour idea came across as inferring a special cup final medal to the shop staff. they stayed on, did they? I worked in an industry when, if things broke down, you staid on to fix it for the incoming shift. expected and done most of the time. nae medal

lyonhibs
01-11-2016, 07:00 PM
your idea came across as inferring a special cup final medal to the shop staff. they stayed on, did they? I worked in an industry when, if things broke down, you staid on to fix it for the incoming shift. expected and done most of the time. nae medal

Where did he mention a special medal???

monktonharp
01-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Where did he mention a special medal???just on time.! he did not mention, but he almost heaped praise. your view?

Onion
01-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Fair comment. Doubt very much that the shop staff have any say in Cup Merchandising or product development. That problem lies much further up the line. Sounds like the shop staff have done all they can within their powers to make the DVD launch a success.

WoreTheGreen
01-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Fair comment. Doubt very much that the shop staff have any say in Cup Merchandising or product development. That problem lies much further up the line. Sounds like the shop staff have done all they can within their powers to make the DVD launch a success.

Shop staff doing there best but is sir phillip green running the shop?

Highland_Hibee
01-11-2016, 08:30 PM
your idea came across as inferring a special cup final medal to the shop staff. they stayed on, did they? I worked in an industry when, if things broke down, you staid on to fix it for the incoming shift. expected and done most of the time. nae medal

I can think of a few medals you should probably own mate.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 09:17 PM

:agree: it certainly seems that way.

ancient hibee
01-11-2016, 09:54 PM

I don't want the shop staff to be staid.I want them to be way out and cool.