PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OVER 5000 DVDS SOLD OVER LAUNCH WEEKEND

RSS Bot
01-11-2016, 08:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6928)

Ozzie_Hibee
01-11-2016, 08:26 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6928)

Great news. Anyone in Melbourne got a copy coming before Christmas? Mine is coming with Mr Klaus.

Jones28
01-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Incredible stuff, I bet we would shift 2 or 3 times that as well

Smiggy 7-0
01-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Friend bought one yesterday it was unsealed got home and noticed one of the discs was scuffed so she will be returning it today. She also said a number of other in front of her were sold same - unsealed. I went down on Friday and bought 4 all sealed, thought all new items should be sealed.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Great news, and a good money spinner i'd imagine? I wonder how many are faulty or don't work properly as in my case 2 machines?

Will be taking this one back for a replacement, although i hope they are not sold out at the next home game.

Argylehibby
01-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Friend bought one yesterday it was unsealed got home and noticed one of the discs was scuffed so she will be returning it today. She also said a number of other in front of her were sold same - unsealed. I went down on Friday and bought 4 all sealed, thought all new items should be sealed.

Shop sold out yesterday afternoon, so suggest your friend calls the shop first to see if the delivery due in today has arrived rather than waste the trip. I was in shop last night as the postman arrived to take out 7 or 8 bags of mail most of which was the final lot of DVD's

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Great news, and a good money spinner i'd imagine? I wonder how many are faulty or don't work properly as in my case 2 machines?

Will be taking this one back for a replacement, although i hope they are not sold out at the next home game.

My mum and dad took one back yesterday that was freezing at the same point and got it replaced no bother and the new one worked fine

R'Albin
01-11-2016, 08:34 AM
£125k worth of sales already - very impressive.

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2016, 08:35 AM

Is that you Rod?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 08:36 AM
My mum and dad took one back yesterday that was freezing at the same point and got it replaced no bother and the new one worked fine

:aok: Just hope they have some in when we play Falkirk.

R'Albin
01-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Is that you Rod?

And extra money from those who pre-ordered :greengrin

MB62
01-11-2016, 08:38 AM

Not all profit of course, but still a healthy amount of cash. Obviously there will be people going to buy it for a Christmas present or maybe don't get paid until today, so hopefully plenty more to follow. :thumbsup:

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2016, 08:38 AM
:aok: Just hope they have some in when we play Falkirk.

Fingers crossed mate. I put his one in my PlayStation 4 and it momentarily froze at the same bit but then played on again. The only way he could move his was to skip it forward to the next chapter, missing out on the rest of the game and the after match celebrations

TAHibby
01-11-2016, 08:47 AM
There did seem to be quite a difference in quality between the one I had delivered and the one bought in the shop. One in the shop wasn't sealed, came in a cheaper case with a cover that doesn't quite fit

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Fingers crossed mate. I put his one in my PlayStation 4 and it momentarily froze at the same bit but then played on again. The only way he could move his was to skip it forward to the next chapter, missing out on the rest of the game and the after match celebrations

Thats the same as me,:agree: I dont think for £30 i should have to miss out on half the DVD, and obviously i'm not the only one here.

Its not great Hibs. :rolleyes:

hibs0666
01-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Thats the same as me,:agree: I dont think for £30 i should have to miss out on half the DVD, and obviously i'm not the only one here.

Its not great Hibs. :rolleyes:

Stop whining about it and exchange it then.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Stop whining about it and exchange it then.

Aye well done, the club bring out one thing from the winning cup final i'd actually like to buy and its faulty, and i'm not the only one too, and i wont be able to change it for another fortnight.

I hope those who have bought it from far flung places like New Zealand, Australia or the USA don't have the same problems, although i wouldn't bet on it.

The whole cup final winning thing has been a shambles from the start, with nothing the club have brought out worth buying, yet the one thing i'd imagine we all want has more than its fair share of folk complaining about gremlins in it.

I will moan about it, as others will too, especially as i cant just pop in and change it for a bit.

Iain G
01-11-2016, 09:27 AM
The only way he could move his was to skip it forward to the next chapter, missing out on the rest of the game and the after match celebrations

Aparantley this happens in all of the The Rangers dvd releases of the Cup Final...

Argylehibby
01-11-2016, 09:48 AM
The DVD's are back in stock and more coming in later this week

Since90+2
01-11-2016, 10:49 AM
If we shift 15,000 of them between now and Christmas thats £375,000 in sales.

Not sure how much profit we are making per sale but I would imagine it will be a nice little earner for the club.

Sproule Three
01-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Aye well done, the club bring out one thing from the winning cup final i'd actually like to buy and its faulty, and i'm not the only one too, and i wont be able to change it for another fortnight.

I hope those who have bought it from far flung places like New Zealand, Australia or the USA don't have the same problems, although i wouldn't bet on it.

The whole cup final winning thing has been a shambles from the start, with nothing the club have brought out worth buying, yet the one thing i'd imagine we all want has more than its fair share of folk complaining about gremlins in it.

I will moan about it, as others will too, especially as i cant just pop in and change it for a bit.

I travelled from Australia Right shambles winning that Scottish cup thing. Wish we hadnae won it then we wouldn't have this DVD thing to moan about. Would have been a much better experience if we lost :wink: Waiting patiently for my DVD to a arrive at cost of 12 quid postage too

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2016, 12:05 PM

Not sure how much profit we are making per sale but I would imagine it will be a nice little earner for the club.

Should cover the rail seats in the FF lower :greengrin

Amadou_Konte
01-11-2016, 12:26 PM
My parents copy also froze just after Rangers equaliser when I tried to watch it the other night (whilst waiting for my own copy to arrive, couldn't wait) and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem, seems like they do. Hopefully mine is okay and I can finish it tonight as I didn't want to skip any, the first half was fantastic.

Hibee87
01-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I thought it was just mine....it froze just as fyvie was speaking before our equaliser. I managed to jump a couple of minutes further in the end but missed the equalising goal and chat, assumed it was just my laptop.

Onceinawhile
01-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Going to get mine tomorrow after my exam so hope it's a big order.

calumhibee1
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Between filming, editing and physically producing the DVDs I'd be surprised if they work out more than a fiver a go. Which would mean £100k profit so far. Would pay for a very good signings yearly salary.

hibs0666
01-11-2016, 01:40 PM

Why not do something about it rather than whine though? It's easy enough to phone the club, tell them the DVD is jaked and get them to send you a new one is it not? In fact it will take you less time to do that than type in the next instalment of your moan...

1875STEVE
01-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Shop sold out yesterday afternoon, so suggest your friend calls the shop first to see if the delivery due in today has arrived rather than waste the trip. I was in shop last night as the postman arrived to take out 7 or 8 bags of mail most of which was the final lot of DVD's

He sure did, as I was sorting them all last night. :flag:

SON OF PADDY
01-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Ha ha the postie collecting last night is a BIG JAMBO !!
That makes it all the sweeter.

Onion
01-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Expect we'll sell double that before the years out. Great revenue for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Why not do something about it rather than whine though? It's easy enough to phone the club, tell them the DVD is jaked and get them to send you a new one is it not? In fact it will take you less time to do that than type in the next instalment of your moan...

I'm sure the club will take my word for that and send out a free DVD, and if everyone who's DVD is sticking did the same, they'd never be off the phone handing out free DVD's?

Geo_1875
01-11-2016, 03:17 PM
And extra money from those who pre-ordered :greengrin

I pre-ordered and it only cost me £24.99

Scouse Hibee
01-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Just going by this board there seems to be a problem with this DVD in regard to freezing and jumping,surely too many reports for there not ti be a problem.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Just going by this board there seems to be a problem with this DVD in regard to freezing and jumping,surely too many reports for there not ti be a problem.

No problem with the two i have agree there are a number of people complaining so must be an issue

Albanian Hibs
01-11-2016, 08:30 PM
I pre-ordered and it only cost me £24.99

Plus £5 delivery

Iggy Pope
01-11-2016, 08:37 PM

You speak like a man that has never dealt with the club shop in his puff.
They will send out replacements of bugger all.

(Non-DVD related) I'm moaning at them directly (not moaning about it on here) to sort out an error of theirs but I can assure you the onus is all on the buyer to do something about it and that means going in to the shop on your own time, at your own expense. And as Blackpool does indeed come from Blackpool he's going to have to pick that time is he not?

They're really not very good in the old club shop you know. I got an e-mail back from the Manager via the generic e-mail address and he/she didn't even bother putting their name at the bottom of it.

Massive room for improvement which is a shame when the club is at a merchandising peak.

hibs0666
01-11-2016, 08:50 PM
You speak like a man that has never dealt with the club shop in his puff.
They will send out replacements of bugger all.

(Non-DVD related) I'm moaning at them directly (not moaning about it on here) to sort out an error of theirs but I can assure you the onus is all on the buyer to do something about it and that means going in to the shop on your own time, at your own expense. And as Blackpool does indeed come from Blackpool he's going to have to pick that time is he not?

They're really not very good in the old club shop you know. I got an e-mail back from the Manager via the generic e-mail address and he/she didn't even bother putting their name at the bottom of it.

Massive room for improvement which is a shame when the club is at a merchandising peak.

I was in the shop on Friday, bought 2 DVD and a mug. No dramas.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 08:54 PM
I was in the shop on Friday, bought 2 DVD and a mug. No dramas.

Maybe, just maybe,that will be why you are quite happy with your transaction?

hibs0666
01-11-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm not happy with the finish on the bottom of the mug as it makes a scraping noise on a wooden desk and my tea goes colder at last a minute earlier than with other mugs I've owned.

I'm thinking about starting a thread on the subject, but I think I'll just contact the shop instead.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm not happy with the finish on the bottom of the mug as it makes a scraping noise on a wooden desk and my tea goes colder at last a minute earlier than with other mugs I've owned.

I'm thinking about starting a thread on the subject, but I think I'll just contact the shop instead.

Your expectation were maybe too high? Did they say anywhere that the water would stay hot?

Take what you get and like it.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2016, 09:06 PM

Terrific, well done.

Steve-O
02-11-2016, 08:46 AM

I think the point is we shouldn't HAVE to do that. How hard is it, in 2016, to produce a DVD that actually works? Really?

Iggy Pope
02-11-2016, 02:29 PM

And the shop will probably recognise that you're a bit of a tube?

Onceinawhile
02-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Got mine today. Can't wait to watch it.

Was also watching the shop all morning and there was a steady flow of people going in and out.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2016, 07:28 PM

The way you're coming across on this thread the shop will maybe suggest the problem is attached to the handle.

Diclonius
02-11-2016, 07:49 PM
I won't be happy until it's over 9000.

hibs0666
02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
I think the point is we shouldn't HAVE to do that. How hard is it, in 2016, to produce a DVD that actually works? Really?

Do you really think Hibs press the DVDs? Really?

hibs0666
02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
And the shop will probably recognise that you're a bit of a tube?

Why the personal abuse? Pathetic

Dub
02-11-2016, 08:16 PM
I bought my copy today. I haven't watched it yet so don't tell me how it ends.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2016, 08:22 PM
I bought my copy today. I haven't watched it yet so don't tell me how it ends.

There's a good chance it wont, but if you also bought a mug you can have a nice hot cup of tea if you drink it quickly enough.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-11-2016, 08:52 PM
The way your coming across on this thread the shop will maybe suggest the problem is attached to the handle.

*you're

essexhibee
02-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Copy now purchased :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2016, 09:47 PM
*you're

I'm well awear of the corect werd fank you very mutch butt sumtimes wen tiping on a fone errors ocur.