PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FYVIE WINS MARATHONBET'S POTM FOR OCTOBER

RSS Bot
31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6924)

matty_f
31-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Quite right . Fyvie is a cracking wee player, definitely underrated by some fans, but there are plenty that see what he brings to the team. One of Stubbs' best signings.

greenlex
31-10-2016, 11:10 AM
First name on the teamsheet for me.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Well deserved.

JimBHibees
31-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Very good player you can tell a decent footballer and also not afraid to compete also. Thought he had got a sore one on Saturday as thought the Buddies player took a bit of a liberty with the follow through.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2016, 11:14 AM
New contract asap, would walk into every SPL side apart from Celtic and they will be sniffing in January.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-10-2016, 11:16 AM
when we're promoted and playing against teams that actually attack us, i think then we'll see how vital he is to us. i'm a walk up so sit at various different seats in the East but it seems wherever i sit, there are more than a few that dont rate him or see what he brings to the team. Far too quick to jump on any mistake he makes.

Great player. Listening to him on the Time For Heroes DVD he's exactly the type of player we need in the team

Hibee87
31-10-2016, 11:23 AM
when we're promoted and playing against teams that actually attack us, i think then we'll see how vital he is to us. i'm a walk up so sit at various different seats in the East but it seems wherever i sit, there are more than a few that dont rate him or see what he brings to the team. Far too quick to jump on any mistake he makes.

Great player. Listening to him on the Time For Heroes DVD he's exactly the type of player we need in the team

He said something in the DVD about the team thinking a game was won before a ball was kicked (Sure it was about Dundee Utd in the semi) He said it really annoyed him that they had this attitude or words to that effect. That is the type of player who you want in the team. One who can see when the rest are maybe taking their eyes off the game and if he can impose his mentality onto others then would have the makings of a great captain

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-10-2016, 11:30 AM
He said something in the DVD about the team thinking a game was won before a ball was kicked (Sure it was about Dundee Utd in the semi) He said it really annoyed him that they had this attitude or words to that effect. That is the type of player who you want in the team. One who can see when the rest are maybe taking their eyes off the game and if he can impose his mentality onto others then would have the makings of a great captain

:agree: yeah that was exactly what i was referring to. had me thinking straight away about that's the type of player we need and how i could easily see him being a captain for us. That's something i think we are blessed with in this current squad. Leaders. We've got Sir David (feel like i wanna call him Dave now after all the players calling him that), Hanlon, McGregor, Holt all with captain attributes.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2016, 11:40 AM
well deserved :agree:

Diclonius
31-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Potential captain material. Never hides even when his performances aren't the best.

CallumLaidlaw
31-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Our most consistent performer this season for me. Had a HUGE role in the cup final and has carried on from there. A very talented footballer who can dictate the game. Shame he doesnt like to shoot. But it is amazing the amount of folk at games that don't rate him at all. Very strange.

Onceinawhile
31-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Doesn't score a lot or make big crunching tackles, so many don't see the value he brings.

Our record without him last season was woeful though and that about sums it up for me.

Very good player who we need to keep.

Can't be many Scots who have won the fa cup and the Scottish cup in the past 25-30 years.

Highland_Hibee
31-10-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm probably one of those that folk refer to when they say"fans that don't appreciate him". I am very aware of how good he is and I agree he never hides which you always want to see. I just don't always see him putting in a top display every week like some folk think. That's not the same as not thinking he's a good player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
31-10-2016, 12:36 PM
When's he out of contract?

3pm
31-10-2016, 12:38 PM
When's he out of contract?

End of the season.

JDHibs
31-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Superb player!

Does alot of dirty work that no one else does. Always looking for the ball. Always trying to make the pass no one else will do, brings brilliant energy to midfield and should be the first name on the team sheet for me!

Very under rated, hopefully we get him signed up on a new deal asap! Will be very important when we get promoted!

matty_f
31-10-2016, 01:09 PM
First name on the teamsheet for me.

I always start with the goalkeeper.

wookie70
31-10-2016, 01:24 PM
I bet the other players would vote for FF too. Along with Shinnie he always makes an angle and gives the player on the ball an out. Constantly moving in attack and defence and should be offered another deal the minute we look like certainties to go up. Not sure if he would stay in this league again as it is below his level

Jones28
31-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Sign him up, he's been our best midfielder this season

keep the faith
31-10-2016, 01:39 PM
There will be a few in the west lower raging about that award!
Fyvie is a tremendous player and our heartbeat. Long contract please!

HibsNutter
31-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Pleased to see he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

archiebald
31-10-2016, 02:48 PM
well deserved :agree:

The guy next to me on Saturday is going to love this (hates Fyvie)

Salt N Sauzee
31-10-2016, 03:45 PM
New contract asap, would walk into every SPL side apart from Celtic and they will be sniffing in January.

No they won't.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2016, 03:49 PM
No they won't.Who won't? Celtic won't, plenty others will if Fyvie is there for free.

JimBHibees
31-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Who won't? Celtic won't, plenty others will if Fyvie is there for free.

Would imagine Aberdeen would be keen.

Earlydelivery
31-10-2016, 05:05 PM
He's the heartbeat of our team anybody who thinks differently has not played in that position even when he's having a bad game (which is not very often) he never ever hides

Iggy Pope
31-10-2016, 05:22 PM
No they won't.

He's excellent. Tries like a bear, puts a foot wrong and tries like a bigger bear to get the ball back. He's at the middle of everything we've done in weeks. I'd hate to see him play against us.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm probably one of those that folk refer to when they say"fans that don't appreciate him". I am very aware of how good he is and I agree he never hides which you always want to see. I just don't always see him putting in a top display every week like some folk think. That's not the same as not thinking he's a good player for us.

He is a very good player. Have we ever had a player that has this top display every week? I've been at it since 1971, albeit at a tender age (8) . I'd like to know which players we ever had putting the top displays in every week. And I've seen the likes of Stanton, Blackley, Stewart, MacNamara, Sauzee, McLeod, Jones, skipper us, as well as absolute heroes like Schaedler, Brownlie, Edwards, Ally McLeod, Collins, Weir, Wright, Brown and Thommo and the goldens etc. Who out of all of them displayed 100% every week. None of them. No bugger does it every week.

Highland_Hibee
31-10-2016, 05:41 PM
He is a very good player. Have we ever had a player that has this top display every week? I've been at it since 1971, albeit at a tender age (8) . I'd like to know which players we ever had putting the top displays in every week. And I've seen the likes of Stanton, Blackley, Stewart, MacNamara, Sauzee, McLeod, Jones, skipper us, as well as absolute heroes like Schaedler, Brownlie, Edwards, Ally McLeod, Collins, Weir, Wright, Brown and Thommo and the goldens etc. Who out of all of them displayed 100% every week. None of them. No bugger does it every week.

I'm not saying he does I'm saying that I don't always see the 8/10+ performance every week that some folk do. I thought he was a little slack on Saturday.

keep the faith
31-10-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm not saying he does I'm saying that I don't always see the 8/10+ performance every week that some folk do. I thought he was a little slack on Saturday.

What?? I assume you were behind a pillar on Saturday 😉

He has the ball twice as much as anyone every game and dictates our play. Any loose passes are pounced on by some in the ground and I just don't get it.

Like I say, he is a terrific player and I'm delighted to have him here.

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2016, 06:39 PM
What?? I assume you were behind a pillar on Saturday 😉

He has the ball twice as much as anyone every game and dictates our play. Any loose passes are pounced on by some in the ground and I just don't get it.

Like I say, he is a terrific player and I'm delighted to have him here.All I heard behind me on Sat was "For ****s sake Fyvie" any time he lost possession or a pass went astray.

I think he is the best player at Hibs right now.

Smartie
31-10-2016, 06:59 PM
We have had many tippy-tappy, safe, sideways pass merchants over the years and we got nowhere. But at least you could say they never gave the ball away. We've had players who hid when the going got tough, but I suppose if you don't want the ball in the first place. you won't give it away much.

Fyvie takes risks, he gets on the ball in tight areas, he invites physical challenges, he plays forward passes and sometimes he gives the ball away.

You see what you want to see with Fyvie. People who focus on the times he gives the ball away won't like him, that's their call.

I think he's a superb player and that we're lucky to have him because he's got so many positive attributes and done so many positive things for Hibs (none more positive than THAT run that helped win the corner in the last minute of the cup final) he's earned the right for a few of us to turn a blind eye when he understandably gives the ball away from time to time.

If you ever want to underestimate his importance to our team, see what happens when he's not in it. We miss his presence when he's not there more than any other player.

Wee Effen Bee
31-10-2016, 07:38 PM
As I said on the ratings thread, my early contender for Player of the Year. We are lucky to have him.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2016, 07:41 PM

I really don't like ratings. A 'little slack' might very well be 8/10 in some people's eyes, a wee bit short of 10/10.
20% short in fact.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-10-2016, 08:12 PM

:agree:

Must admit I didn't warm to him initially, took him a while to get going and wasn't what I remembered at Eberdeen.

Been very impressed with his consistency this season though and glad we have him.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Well deserved. Hopefully we are trying to keep him here although I wouldn't blame him for keeping his options open until he knows where we will be playing. He may fancy another go in England as well.

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Amazing really that we have a player of his ability. Well deserved award.

tamig
31-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Well deserved.

Agreed. There's a lot of folk don't seem to recognise the great work he does but he is sorely missed when he's out injured.

jane_says
31-10-2016, 08:44 PM
We have had many tippy-tappy, safe, sideways pass merchants over the years and we got nowhere. But at least you could say they never gave the ball away. We've had players who hid when the going got tough, but I suppose if you don't want the ball in the first place. you won't give it away much.

Fyvie takes risks, he gets on the ball in tight areas, he invites physical challenges, he plays forward passes and sometimes he gives the ball away.

You see what you want to see with Fyvie. People who focus on the times he gives the ball away won't like him, that's their call.

I think he's a superb player and that we're lucky to have him because he's got so many positive attributes and done so many positive things for Hibs (none more positive than THAT run that helped win the corner in the last minute of the cup final) he's earned the right for a few of us to turn a blind eye when he understandably gives the ball away from time to time.

If you ever want to underestimate his importance to our team, see what happens when he's not in it. We miss his presence when he's not there more than any other player.

Fantastic post, esp the bit about the cup final. Injury time in a fast paced cup final at the end of a long season and what's his reaction to David gray winning a throw? Sprint past him, attack the space and pick the right ball to Stokes. The rest is history. (Bear in mind he won the equalising corner too)

Like many have said on this thread, our record without him was woeful last year and we're lucky to have him.

Renfrew_Hibby
31-10-2016, 08:55 PM
I really don't like ratings. A 'little slack' might very well be 8/10 in some people's eyes, a wee bit short of 10/10.
20% short in fact.

I too thought he was a wee bit slack... Until he got clattered. After that he was the best player on the park.

GlesgaeHibby
31-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Enjoyed watching him play on Saturday, he put in some shift. He's still pretty young too, at only 23. I thought he was older, as it feels like he's been on the scene for ages - but he did make it into Aberdeen's first team at 16 (only to be emptied soon after by Ian Murray with an excellent but very hard slide tackle!)

eastterrace
31-10-2016, 09:46 PM
What?? I assume you were behind a pillar on Saturday [emoji6]

Like I say, he is a terrific player and I'm delighted to have him here.

He does lose the ball more than other players but that's because he is alway making space to get the ball more so bound to lose it a few times. He gets pelters from the west stand at times , just wish those guys that are slagging him of try and remember the utter dross we had before him like rowan vine and James Collins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
31-10-2016, 10:02 PM
A well-deserved award for an absolute work-horse of a player.
I rate Fyvie highly as he brings energy, commitment and enthusiasm for 90 minutes every game.
A vital cog in our side.

Highland_Hibee
31-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Wasn't it Dylan McGeough who was our undisputed fulcrum only a few weeks ago? Now it's Fyvie I guess.