PDA

View Full Version : Kris Commons

IanM
30-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Brendan confirming Commons isn't in his plans and his time at Celtic looks over..

Could be an interesting January

greenlex
30-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Good player in his day. Possibly still decent. My problem is his little game time. Anyone coming in during the January Window should be at worse complementing the squad and ideally enhancing it.. With just a few months left of the season would we get the best out him?

Off the bar
30-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Good player in his day. Possibly still decent. My problem is his little game time. Anyone coming in during the January Window should be at worse complementing the squad and ideally enhancing it.. With just a few months left of the season would we get the best out him?

Could have said the same about Stokes last season and he turned out alright for us!

neil7908
30-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Brendan confirming Commons isn't in his plans and his time at Celtic looks over..

He is getting long in the tooth and won't be match fit but I'd definitely take him on loan.

greenlex
30-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Could have said the same about Stokes last season and he turned out alright for us!

Eventually. We did however fail to get promoted.

Highland_Hibee
30-10-2016, 08:59 PM
No thanks. His work rate has never been his selling point and now his legs are gone do we really expect him to be anything but an expensive set piece taker? I'd take a "nobody" if he puts in a shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
30-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Eventually. We did however fail to get promoted.

:agree:

He was on fire on 21st May but barely smouldering for much of his time with us.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2016, 09:03 PM

I thought Stokes was largely disappointing during his time with us to be honest.

All that was forgiven during a certain 90 minutes though.

Jones28
30-10-2016, 09:10 PM
That boy is capable of total brilliance, is take him in a flash

thebausburst
31-10-2016, 06:22 PM

Yes please, dual player/coach me thinks?

Since90+2
31-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Even when he was a regular at Celtic he looked like he carried abit extra timber so would be a concern how fit he would be having not played for 12 months.

Undoubtedly has talent but would be a risk for someone past his prime and would no doubt be the highest earner at the club.

The Modfather
31-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Assuming he would be on a big wage and take up a fair chunk of our budget I'd prefer to spend that money on an up and coming youngster. Someone like Mcginn, although know we only managed to get him due to circumstances with his contract.

lucky
31-10-2016, 06:45 PM
No thanks. His work rate has never been his selling point and now his legs are gone do we really expect him to be anything but an expensive set piece taker? I'd take a "nobody" if he puts in a shift.

I'm glad your not the Hibs manager. KC is training with Celtic everyday so how do you know his legs have gone? As for "nobodies" that's work well for us in the past. If Lennon thinks he could do a turn even if it's only part of games then we should jump at the chance to sign quality.

hibs#1
31-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Would imagine he's made his money would be a great signing for a couple of seasons if is body was upto it.as mentioned player/coach would be ideal just have him in with the younger lads to do all the running he can just pull the strings in the final third.imagine a proper goal scoring midfielder

Enough said
31-10-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm glad your not the Hibs manager. KC is training with Celtic everyday so how do you know his legs have gone? As for "nobodies" that's work well for us in the past. If Lennon thinks he could do a turn even if it's only part of games then we should jump at the chance to sign quality.

Well said lucky 😉

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Whoever we sign in January, it has to be to the clubs' advantage rather than the player. Not saying that he would not be an addition but it is a wee bit patronising to think he could walk into our team just because he is familiar with Lennon from his days in charge of Celtc.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Yes please, dual player/coach me thinks?

Is he a good coach?

where'stheslope
01-11-2016, 06:28 PM
At 33 years old, and having not played for a long time, we would be paying full money for a while just to get him match fit?
That is not to say he would not be a good signing, he always looked good for Celtic, although would we be able to give him the same kind of service that he got there?
There is always a place in the team for a proven goalscorer, and in this league he may not need the pace he needed at Celtic.

Big L
01-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Apparently Rodgers told him day one that he was not in his plans. Commons is on £18K a week and he decided to stay and take the money and I don't blame him. He is 33 and this is his last big contract, unless he gets a pay off, I think he will stay till the end of the season. If it did happen, where he would play, would you drop Shinnie for him, I wouldn't, he's to old and injury prone!

Joe6-2
01-11-2016, 08:07 PM

Surely in the Championship he would be a good addition?

eastmainsmsh
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Commons would be a great addition if affordable and if he would join us be tremendous if he did

Ozyhibby
01-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Apparently Rodgers told him day one that he was not in his plans. Commons is on £18K a week and he decided to stay and take the money and I don't blame him. He is 33 and this is his last big contract, unless he gets a pay off, I think he will stay till the end of the season. If it did happen, where he would play, would you drop Shinnie for him, I wouldn't, he's to old and injury prone!

I've missed the past couple of games where apparently he has done better but two weeks ago I would have dropped Shinnie for me he was that bad.
Commons is a quality creative midfielder who would enhance our squad and our ability to score goals.

HoboHarry
02-11-2016, 04:05 AM
Wasn't he out injured for a long period? Puts a rather different slant on things does it not?

California-Hibs
02-11-2016, 04:19 AM
Would take him in a heartbeat. Exceptional player!

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2016, 06:42 AM
Commons the one who ripped up the SPL would also rip up the Championship, i can't imagine we'd be getting that player after such a long lay off.

I have no idea what condition he's in now, good or bad but i'd put money on him not being up to speed.

I wonder how long it would take?

Greenworld
02-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Surely in the Championship he would be a good addition?
I not so sure we saw how long stokes took to get going..not playing matches for so long would concern me .
In saying that I guess whoever we get might be in the same position of having not played.
Pesonally I would give celtic 1 million for LG on loan till end of season job done.
[emoji1] [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
02-11-2016, 07:51 AM
I've missed the past couple of games where apparently he has done better but two weeks ago I would have dropped Shinnie for me he was that bad.
Commons is a quality creative midfielder who would enhance our squad and our ability to score goals.

And for me I'm clearly not seeing what others are for shinnie. I been at the games and for me he flatters to deceive.
A couple of good passes but his control especially in the second half on Saturday was shocking.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
02-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Commons the one who ripped up the SPL would also rip up the Championship, i can't imagine we'd be getting that player after such a long lay off.

I have no idea what condition he's in now, good or bad but i'd put money on him not being up to speed.

I wonder how long it would take?

Ready to peak in the SC Final.

J-C
02-11-2016, 08:45 AM
I think everyone on here had their doubts about Grant Holt being able to play a decent part for us, given his age and the injury he had just recovered from but he was one of the best players on the park on saturday. Commons would be the same, a very intelligent player who would fill the attacking left side for us, can deliver great balls and is dangerous from set pieces.

JDHibs
02-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Commons would be a good player for us to sign, wages depending.

He is still training with the first team at Celtic so will be in good shape if not match fit. Would help ith the fact we have no wide left players, great from set pieces, great delivery in general and a very potent goal threat. People questioning his age, they done the same with Holt, 36 years old and is probably one of the fitter guys in the team and one of our better players this season. We lacked maturity and experience last season and lost alot of silly goals late in games because of that.

As for people questioning Shinnie, 5 assists and 1 goal in 7 appearances, happy with him to have doubters if he keeps that going. Very good player, coming onto a better game now his match fitness is improving, still abit to go as seen on Saturday when he tied in the 2nd half.

Keeping in mind Cummings still has his doubters yet has a record of just over a goal every 2 games.

Highland_Hibee
02-11-2016, 10:49 AM

I dunno maybe because he was a key player for Celtic and is now nowhere near the first team?

If you think him playing half a game here and there for the wages he would command is good business then I'm glad you ain't involved with the club in any capacity too.

I don't get why him being brought in as a coach would make the deal any sweeter either.

Ozyhibby
02-11-2016, 11:34 AM
I dunno maybe because he was a key player for Celtic and is now nowhere near the first team?

If you think him playing half a game here and there for the wages he would command is good business then I'm glad you ain't involved with the club in any capacity too.

I don't get why him being brought in as a coach would make the deal any sweeter either.

He's nowhere near the first team because of the quality they signed in the summer. None of the players we currently have would get in that Celtic team either.

JDHibs
02-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Hes no where near the first team now because of how Celtic play.

They use pace, speed and directness. Armstrong, Rogic, Sinclair, Roberts & Forrest all have they attributes.

Commons has never had pace even 10 years ago.

By not getting near by the far the best team in the country, does that mean he isnt good enough for a team in the division lower than where hes at? What a stupid thing to say. We dont have any players that would get into the Celtic team.

Highland_Hibee
02-11-2016, 12:05 PM
He's nowhere near the first team because of the quality they signed in the summer. None of the players we currently have would get in that Celtic team either.

I appreciate they have signed some good players but I doubt he would be kept out of their team by James Forrest if it was purely down to ability.

JDHibs
02-11-2016, 12:09 PM
James Forrest has been playing well this year, to the point hes keeping Patrick Roberts out the team, who without a doubt, on ability alone, is head an shoulders above most players in this country bar may 3 or 4.

02-11-2016, 12:13 PM
I'd take him. As someone mentioned above, he may not have had a great deal of game time recently but he's still been in full training so he's hardly going to be unfit. Bags of experience for the younger players to learn from.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Scott McDonald on Radio Scotland last night said it "wasn't rocket science" to work out that Celtc would look to strengthen their central midfield in January and some of the names he was hearing would take your breath away.

Could we get Commons & Hendo? :pray:

JDHibs
02-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Henderson wont be back at Hibs. Ever.

southsider
02-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Scott McDonald on Radio Scotland last night said it "wasn't rocket science" to work out that Celtc would look to strengthen their central midfield in January and some of the names he was hearing would take your breath away.

I think it is more important we get Hendo but I would welcome them both. Hendo has a real affinity with Hibs and his drive, passion and crossing ability are there for all to see. It light up like a beacon in the cup run.

jdships
02-11-2016, 02:13 PM

:agree: totally
Surely in the "January window" we should be looking at signing players who will be long term improvements for the SPL campaign next season ( hopefully :greengrin)
At 33 bhe does not tick that box !!

Ozyhibby
02-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Surely in the "January window" we should be looking at signing players who will be long term improvements for the SPL campaign next season ( hopefully :greengrin)

In January we should be looking at players who can help us get promoted. That's it.

Highland_Hibee
02-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Someone who also sees the bigger picture. Who cares if 33 yo Commons can come down on big bucks and make the Championship his bitch for 5 months. We should currently have the quality to see out this division. We got in Holt as our "1 last hurrah" player. Anyone we look to sign now should absolutely be about making our squad better with a view to promotion.

Commons would add very little to us upon a top flight return. I'd sooner want to see us sign Shinnie on a full transfer. He's only put in a few performances so far but he has something about him.

JimBHibees
02-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Maybe yaya toure could be a celtic target given his brother is there.