PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Rugby Tickets

hfc rd
30-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Just looking for a bit of advice guys. I'm planning on purchasing a ticket for the Scotland vs Australia autumn test in two weeks as their is no football on that weekend. I've never been to Murrayfield since 2004 when I went to watch Scotland play Barbarians. Missed the Hibs vs Barcelona game in 08 as was on holiday in Orlando, Florida at the time. Just wondering on where the best place to sit in the ground is with a good view. Looking online, been told to avoid the west stand due to the running track which makes you so far away from the pitch and the quadrants as the view is terrible.
Any help would be appreciated!

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Just looking for a bit of advice guys. I'm planning on purchasing a ticket for the Scotland vs Australia autumn test in two weeks as their is no football on that weekend. I've never been to Murrayfield since 2004 when I went to watch Scotland play Barbarians. Missed the Hibs vs Barcelona game in 08 as was on holiday in Orlando, Florida at the time. Just wondering on where the best place to sit in the ground is with a good view. Looking online, been told to avoid the west stand due to the running track which makes you so far away from the pitch and the quadrants as the view is terrible.
Any help would be appreciated!

The more central you go the more the price goes up. So it depends how much you're willing to pay. The bronze and silver seats barely getbyiy out from behind the goals so you're looking at £55 or £70 (plus 5% transaction fee).

BTW Hibs play Falkirk at the same time as the Australia game and QOTS at the same time as the Argentina game. Both home games.

hfc rd
31-10-2016, 01:17 PM
The more central you go the more the price goes up. So it depends how much you're willing to pay. The bronze and silver seats barely getbyiy out from behind the goals so you're looking at £55 or £70 (plus 5% transaction fee).

BTW Hibs play Falkirk at the same time as the Australia game and QOTS at the same time as the Argentina game. Both home games.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. My mate had a spare ticket in the east stand section 16, so I just took that.

Yeah I only just found out about the Falkirk game after I had just created this thread. Didn't know anything about it beforehand as thought all league games in the Scottish Prem and Scottish Championship don't go ahead when the international games are on. Oh well but ticket has already been bought for QOTS the following week later.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. My mate had a spare ticket in the east stand section 16, so I just took that.

Yeah I only just found out about the Falkirk game after I had just created this thread. Didn't know anything about it beforehand as thought all league games in the Scottish Prem and Scottish Championship don't go ahead when the international games are on. Oh well but ticket has already been bought for QOTS the following week later.

There's a seat plan available to give you an idea of where east 16 is.

I'm still hopeful that the Falkirk game will be shifted - I'm going to the rugby as well.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2016, 04:07 PM
damn, need to record both rugby games now :(

scotland play georgia @ rugby park on sat 26th, no games in the championship that day, why not :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2016, 05:47 PM
damn, need to record both rugby games now :(

scotland play georgia @ rugby park on sat 26th, no games in the championship that day, why not :confused:

I'm not sure - it's league cup final weekend but I don't think that's ever a reason to cancel the other games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
The boy that started the thread on the main board about Hibs/Scotland will have all the info you need.

hfc rd
12-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Really enjoyed that today. Pre-match entertainment and all the stalls outside were really enjoyable. The atmosphere as well during the pre-match build up and also during the game. Really good! Obviously very disappointing to lose that game at the death when we played really well against the World Cup finalists. On another day, if Laidlaw had converted one of either those missed pen or conversions, it was Scotland's victory. Cotter has done a very good job after years of poor rugby. He is going to hand the reigns over Townsend next summer, who's Glasgow Warriors side are really enjoyable to watch and play good rugby. If he can work some of that magic on a potential up and coming very good Scotland team then the future looks bright.

G B Young
12-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Really enjoyed that today. Pre-match entertainment and all the stalls outside were really enjoyable. The atmosphere as well during the pre-match build up and also during the game. Really good! Obviously very disappointing to lose that game at the death when we played really well against the World Cup finalists. On another day, if Laidlaw had converted one of either those missed pen or conversions, it was Scotland's victory. Cotter has done a very good job after years of poor rugby. He is going to hand the reigns over Townsend next summer, who's Glasgow Warriors side are really enjoyable to watch and play good rugby. If he can work some of that magic on a potential up and coming very good Scotland team then the future looks bright.

I've only seen the highlights but the BBC reporter Tom English says we were 'monstrously good'. More disappointment v the Aussies after last year's heartbreaking World Cup quarter final defeat but as you say the future looks bright.

Hibs Class
12-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Scotland played really well today, scoring three tries against Australia was a great effort, and although under the cosh for a large part of the second half weathered the storm pretty well. Ultimately the difference today was Laidlaw's conversion on the third try which came back off the post. Superb effort, and a really enjoyable match.

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Scotland played really well today, scoring three tries against Australia was a great effort, and although under the cosh for a large part of the second half weathered the storm pretty well. Ultimately the difference today was Laidlaw's conversion on the third try which came back off the post. Superb effort, and a really enjoyable match.

:agree: really good game - enjoyed it. We're so much more attacking now it's great.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2016, 09:28 PM
different rules i know but noticed the rugby league guys have moved up to 4th ranked, and first country to take anything from the big 3 since 1990, ireland 8th and wales 9th