PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Greenworld
30-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know what's really going on with Jason C. Watching his warm ups at the famous 5 end I've never seen a player less interested.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
30-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know what's really going on with Jason C. Watching his warm ups at the famous 5 end I've never seen a player less interested.

Maybe he knew he wasn't going to get on again. Having our top goalscorer by a distance as an unused sub in the last two games is strange to say the least. Lennon seems to have done what seemed impossible up until now - dent Jason's confidence.

GreenLake
30-10-2016, 09:47 AM

His interest will spike wildly the next time he steps on the pitch.

Onion
30-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Strange situation for our top scorer. Lennon worked hard to convince him to stay at ER. Now he can't get a game.

For him not to get on for the last 5 mins when Hibs are 2 up at home suggests there's a problem. This situation can't continue like this, as Cummings would be within his rights to seek a move in January.

KazaHibs
30-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Lennon teaching him a lesson I believe

B.H.F.C
30-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Being made out to be more of an issue than it actually is IMO.

Wasn't playing well, ended up out the team and the players who have come in have done well.

He'll be back in the team at some point and will still be our top scorer this season.

Greenworld
30-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Maybe he knew he wasn't going to get on again. Having our top goalscorer by a distance as an unused sub in the last two games is strange to say the least. Lennon seems to have done what seemed impossible up until now - dent Jason's confidence.
I agree with that frank but it's the attitude of Jason I'm worried about sent to warm up he stood holding the corner flag shaking a leg around laughing ..whilst the other players were going through full warm up.
It's a concerning situation.

cmcd
30-10-2016, 10:39 AM

Wasn't playing well, ended up out the team and the players who have come in have done well.

He'll be back in the team at some point and will still be our top scorer this season.
This is what I have said elsewhere .Yes he is a good goalscorer who hasn't shown a good attitude otherwise he would have been back on the pitch sooner .

matty_f
30-10-2016, 10:42 AM
He can't complain, we've won the last two games comfortably so he'll have to work hard to get back into the side. Both Boyle and Keatings have had to wait while others got their chance, it's Jason's turn to wait now.

jacomo
30-10-2016, 10:43 AM
I agree with that frank but it's the attitude of Jason I'm worried about sent to warm up he stood holding the corner flag shaking a leg around laughing ..whilst the other players were going through full warm up.
It's a concerning situation.

If this is the case then maybe he needs a bit more time out of the side.

He should be busting a gut trying to force his way back in.

Phil MaGlass
30-10-2016, 10:47 AM
This is what I have said elsewhere .Yes he is a good goalscorer who hasn't shown a good attitude otherwise he would have been back on the pitch sooner .

Not wishing to start an argument, but, could you explain a wee bit more about why he husnae shown a good attitude, anything you can point at? I think it shows great attitude to have stayed with us after the cup final, instead of buggering off when he had the opportunity, the manager has kicked his erchie a couple of times and Cummings has admitted he needed it, which was more to do with positioning and learning his trade, nothing that I could see as attitude, so I dont get where you are coming from.
Unless, I have missed something which has happened in the recent past, which does happen.

BS44
30-10-2016, 10:49 AM

To do with something outwith the club?

Waxy
30-10-2016, 10:55 AM
It might make him a better player experiencing being an unused sub.

Vini1875
30-10-2016, 11:01 AM
We have no idea what he is doing in training. He may well be bursting gut in training and will get his chance sooner rather than later. From NL's point of view it has been hard to get a partner for JC. The last two weeks we have had Holt and a willing runner in Keats and Boyle. Maybe NL is looking for JC to play a more active game like those two. Personally I think JC is a better player and will score more than those two combined.

heretoday
30-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Get Malonga back and JC can play off him. :greengrin

monktonharp
30-10-2016, 11:54 AM
It does seem a bit strange, almost like he's flung a stane at Lennon's door. they must have had some kind of bust up. hope it is resolved soon, and he can at least be brought back in as a late sub on Saturday. he scores goals!

KeithTheHibby
30-10-2016, 11:57 AM

How come?

We won both games and Holt, Boyle, Keatings and Graham all got on the scoresheet so what's the problem?

Having him as an unused sub and not bringing him on when struggling would be strange, this isn't.

Infact I think this could be a good thing for the club all round as it shows our other strikers can score and shows the strength in depth. Cummings will just need to ride this out and get his toys back in the pram.

Oscar T Grouch
30-10-2016, 12:00 PM
I think the fact JC can't get a game shows our strength and depth in our squad. We also know the NL is a disciplinarian unlike Stubbs who more of an arm round the shoulder type. JC is being taught a lesson by NL, if he's sensible he'll learn from it, work hard in training and give NL a selection headache. Young players can get overconfident at times and they need railed in a bit, to me that's what's happening with JC atm.

ancient hibee
30-10-2016, 12:05 PM

And your evidence for this is what,exactly?

Dub
30-10-2016, 12:15 PM
I think the fact JC can't get a game shows our strength and depth in our squad. We also know the NL is a disciplinarian unlike Stubbs who more of an arm round the shoulder type. JC is being taught a lesson by NL, if he's sensible he'll learn from it, work hard in training and give NL a selection headache. Young players can get overconfident at times and they need railed in a bit, to me that's what's happening with JC atm.

I tend to agree with this. The proof of the pudding is in the eating so we will see what happens when JC is played again. While we are winning without him though he just has to accept that he is part of a team and therefore automatic selection [which he has been used to] isn't a given. If he comes on and scores and links up well with those around him he will doubtless remain in the team until he falters. If he comes on and swans around and goes in the huff he will be dropped again.

At the moment, the team are winning without him and its senseless to change the team around to accomodate him just because he is JC.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-10-2016, 12:28 PM
If this is the case then maybe he needs a bit more time out of the side.

He should be busting a gut trying to force his way back in.

Exactly. No player is bigger than a club, especially a club our size. Time out will do him the world of good if he's got ambitions to play at a higher level.

J-C
30-10-2016, 12:46 PM

When did Lennon do this?

From what I saw yesterday in the warm up was Jason warming up, joking and laughing with his team mates, even during shooting practice he was winding up some of the other guys every time he scored, he definitely didn't look he was suffering any confidence problems.

SunshineOnLeith
30-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Why are people so desperate for 'something' to be going on?

He wasn't playing well, so isn't in the team. I know it's crazy, but maybe that's all there is to it?

Hermit Crab
30-10-2016, 01:39 PM
He was playing pish so he was dropped and quite rightly so. He needs to work harder to get back in the team!

ancient hibee
30-10-2016, 02:01 PM
He was playing pish so he was dropped and quite rightly so. He needs to work harder to get back in the team!
How do you know he's not working hard? He'll get back in when the current strikers form drops.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2016, 02:16 PM
He's been pish and was replaced, if he gets his chance and plays well he will stay in the team. I hope he has to wait an awful long time before we see him back in again.

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Far too many on here making something out of nothing. He was pish for a good few weeks before being dropped...his replacements have come in and done the job. Nothing to see here...and JC looked fine to me in the warm ups both pre match and during the game. He will come back stronger for this and still be our top scorer by some distance this season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
30-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Far too many on here making something out of nothing. He was pish for a good few weeks before being dropped...his replacements have come in and done the job. Nothing to see here...and JC looked fine to me in the warm ups both pre match and during the game. He will come back stronger for this and still be our top scorer by some distance this season

well...to make it fully rounded..He has also not turned up to a sponsored golf day where people were expecting him, which has been acknowledged by Lennon as poor behaviour and also we have been told he lost bit of conditioning...

It may just be his performance levels..but there are a couple of other factors in the mix that don't help him..

Iggy Pope
30-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Strange situation for our top scorer. Lennon worked hard to convince him to stay at ER. Now he can't get a game.

For him not to get on for the last 5 mins when Hibs are 2 up at home suggests there's a problem. This situation can't continue like this, as Cummings would be within his rights to seek a move in January.

Away with you. He's been left out of the starting XI of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, for a couple of games. he doesn't have a right to a game anywhere and frankly, he's been a bit pish for a week or two, prior to being dropped. He was ***** at Kirkcaldy and in need of being hauled off. As he was at Dumfries, where he was sacrificed when Stevenson was sent off.

He needs to do a bit more.

Credit the manager with a bit more savvy than bringing on a player (whose game is right now, limited to getting goals) for 5 or 10mins when he can see the game out properly with a worker or two.

Actual scene:
2 nowt up.
At home.
Against a team with no wins and not looking like threatening us.

"BRING ON CUMMINGS!!!!! "

Nah.

Onion
30-10-2016, 02:43 PM

The most valuable asset we have at the club has been dropped and is not getting games, with the team winning without him, is hardly a small issue. You can bet JC and his agent are not not happy and those that covet his signature will be looking on with interest.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2016, 02:55 PM
The most valuable asset we have at the club has been dropped and is not getting games, with the team winning without him, is hardly a small issue. You can bet JC and his agent are not not happy and those that covet his signature will be looking on with interest.

He's missed two games, not half a season. If we get to January and he's not started another game then we maybe have an issue.

IanFaeClerrie
30-10-2016, 03:00 PM

Agree with this. He really needs to concentrate on improving his game. He has one foot only, he literally cannot beat a player one on one and he isn't fast. He has only one 'move' - to come in from the right, running along the box to shoot with his left.He needs to be coached to improve - he won't do it himself. Lennon has to put him with someone who can improve him. If James Keatings was not injured, I don't think he could now expect to get back into the team. We should have sold him while we could have. I don't know who has been coaching Sparky but he's a much better player since he left us when he was too easily marked out of the game.

Sioux
30-10-2016, 03:05 PM

What a load of nonsense.

Sioux
30-10-2016, 03:06 PM

As with Crane, you are trolling.

jacomo
30-10-2016, 03:08 PM

With respect, you are getting a little hysterical.

Odds on that JC will be back in the team soon. If not, it's because he is not listening to the coaching team.

bingo70
30-10-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't find it strange that he was dropped or can't get back into the team. It's the fact he didn't come off the bench that says to me there's a problem and more to it than just performance levels.

the tornadoe
30-10-2016, 03:45 PM
When we are not wining and he is still not getting a game. that would then suggest there is something up. He was not playing well and got dropped, Keatings came in and played very well, took the chance he had been waiting for !! Boyle came in and has played very well, took the chance he had been waiting for !! Jason will have to do the same !!

All " fringe " players ( Keatings & Boyle ) will have been told they will get a chance, this is what is happening IMHO

Big L
30-10-2016, 04:19 PM
If the Posh are still interested at £1.75Mill, which I doubt, take the money and spend it wisely.

jacomo
30-10-2016, 05:29 PM
If the Posh are still interested at £1.75Mill, which I doubt, take the money and spend it wisely.

I doubt it too - because he's now on a much longer contract, they will realise their chance of getting a deal has evaporated.

Promotion, a year in the top division and continued improvement, and our man will be worth a lot more.

Billy Whizz
30-10-2016, 05:39 PM

Is he? Thought McGinn would be our most valuable asset, he's a full Scottish internationalist

Kavinho
30-10-2016, 05:39 PM
When we are not wining and he is still not getting a game. that would then suggest there is something up. He was not playing well and got dropped, Keatings came in and played very well, took the chance he had been waiting for !! Boyle came in and has played very well, took the chance he had been waiting for !! Jason will have to do the same !!

All " fringe " players ( Keatings & Boyle ) will have been told they will get a chance, this is what is happening IMHO

Lennon's comments :

"Our play was good. Martin (Boyle) came in and gave us a little bit of zip in attack. He had an outstanding game and scored a great goal. But all round I am very happy.

"I toyed with the idea of starting Jason (Cummings) because he is a bona fida centre forward. We see Martin as more of a central player now rather than being a wide man. He has goals in him.

"When you see his work rate, when you see a centre forward lead from the front, it gives the whole team a lift

For me, I Think that answers everything raised in this thread.

KazaHibs
30-10-2016, 06:36 PM

Indeed

Enough said
30-10-2016, 06:40 PM

Super John mcginn is our most valuable asset , we are winning games without Cummings

iwasthere1972
30-10-2016, 06:58 PM

Putting the ball past the post from twenty yards when there's not even a goalkeeper as well.

BS44
30-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Indeed

Okay, that's what I heard too.

Tyler Durden
30-10-2016, 07:13 PM

Must be true then.

Greenworld
30-10-2016, 07:38 PM
And that something was ?

Hermit Crab
30-10-2016, 08:08 PM
How do you know he's not working hard? He'll get back in when the current strikers form drops.

If he put as much effort into getting on the end of passes and finishing them instead of falling on the ground flailing his arms around like a spoilt child he might not have found himself out the team.

MacGruber
30-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Is he? Thought McGinn would be our most valuable asset, he's a full Scottish internationalist

SJM is also a valuable asset but Cummings IMO is our most valuable - it's goalscorers that attract the bigger bids more often than not.

Glad we have both though!

Greenworld
30-10-2016, 09:19 PM
As with Crane, you are trolling.
Why is that...

djs69
30-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Folk reading too much into it. He doesn't put the work in that Keatings and Boyle have the last couple games. If he isn't scoring he isn't contributing.

BS44
30-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Must be true then.

Nah, it's only the truth if fat bloke down the pub says it is, whilst this was the chat I got at ER yesterday so it's possibly a lot of pony.

KazaHibs
31-10-2016, 04:28 AM
Must be true then.

Must be. In all seriousness, look what happens when you post unsubstantiated rumours!

KazaHibs
31-10-2016, 04:30 AM
Nah, it's only the truth if fat bloke down the pub says it is, whilst this was the chat I got at ER yesterday so it's possibly a lot of pony.

Wonder if you've heard what I've heard?

Iggy Pope
31-10-2016, 06:01 AM

Indeed

Wonder if you've heard what I've heard?

Hilda, meet Norris. Norris, this is Hilda.

PerthHibby
31-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Lennon's comments :

"Our play was good. Martin (Boyle) came in and gave us a little bit of zip in attack. He had an outstanding game and scored a great goal. But all round I am very happy.

"I toyed with the idea of starting Jason (Cummings) because he is a bona fida centre forward. We see Martin as more of a central player now rather than being a wide man. He has goals in him.

"When you see his work rate, when you see a centre forward lead from the front, it gives the whole team a lift

For me, I Think that answers everything raised in this thread.

:agree:

bingo70
31-10-2016, 06:49 AM
:agree:

It doesn't though. It only answers why he didn't start.

Given the goals he scored this season I think the questions are why he isn't getting on the pitch, even as a sub.

I don't think anybody is questioning not to start him as he hasn't been playing well. Bringing Harris on with a couple of minutes to go was a very clear snub to him IMO.

Kavinho
31-10-2016, 07:35 AM

Given the goals he scored this season I think the questions are why he isn't getting on the pitch, even as a sub.

I don't think anybody is questioning not to start him as he hasn't been playing well. Bringing Harris on with a couple of minutes to go was a very clear snub to him IMO.

Arguably, we weren't hunting for a goal with a couple of minutes to go.

I'd rather trust the manager than question him

marinello59
31-10-2016, 08:00 AM

We didn't need Jason on the pitch for the last few minutes. I don't think there was any sort of snub there.

GreenCastle
31-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Holt must play every week.

Keatings was doing well partnering him until his injury. As soon as Boyle replaced him he had been immense.

Cummings is top scorer but Boyle has pressed defenders and given us must needed pace up top to scare opposition teams.

Cummings will be needed over busy Xmas period so happy for him to be fresh and ready to come on and prove he deserves a start.

Arch Stanton
31-10-2016, 08:16 AM
If JC was really waching how many times Boyle was put clean through then he must surely learn something. However, from where I was sitting, his interest only seemed to perk up when we got the penalty.

I think he has a way to go before he can even expect to be brought on as a sub.

JDHibs
31-10-2016, 08:26 AM
Lennon came out very early on in the season and said goals werent enough, he had to put a shift in, he had to contribute more. He didnt do that.

Lennon dropped him and brought Keats in, who chased everything and done alot of running of the ball, something JC doesnt do. Keats also scored and would still have been playing if he never got injured.

Keats got injured and Boyle came in, Boyles been fantastic, utilising his pace, chasing down the defenders/keeper, pressing high, which makes Holt & Shinnie do the same. Boyle is also building a great understanding with Holt & Shinnie and it showed on Saturday.

Lennon told JC he had to change, he didnt, he got dropped, other players have came in and done what Lennon wants and its worked for the team, 5 goals in 2 games with 4 scorers after struggling to score for 4 games.

Boyle has cemented his place in next weeks line up, its up to JC to change and do what the manager wants or else he will be stuck on the bench. NL is trying to make JC a better player. He cant just stand up front all game and wait on the ball coming to him, his work rate is usually pathetic but to be fair, his goal scoring record is 2nd to none for his age and he got by with that before, but wont now.

--------
31-10-2016, 08:33 AM

If Pep Guardiola can leave Kun Aguero out of the Man City side when they're in less than stellar form - with good reasons - I don't think Neil Lennon dropping Jason Cummings is such a big deal.

There are things Jason needs to learn about being a properly rounded central striker - lessons about tracking back to support his midfielders, closing down defenders when we've lost the ball, making the right runs to open up space for his fellow strikers, and so on. He's not the finished article by any means, and has a lot to learn before he becomes that. That's if he has any ambition to make the grade in any League but the rock-bottom rubbish that passes for football in these parts.

If Aguero has no right to an automatic place in City's side, how can anyone claim such in the Hibs team. Jason needs has the potential to become a very good striker, but there's a lot he needs to learn - and the first lesson may be that the boss is the boss, period.

Carheenlea
31-10-2016, 08:44 AM
If Pep Guardiola can leave Kun Aguero out of the Man City side when they're in less than stellar form - with good reasons - I don't think Neil Lennon dropping Jason Cummings is such a big deal.

There are things Jason needs to learn about being a properly rounded central striker - lessons about tracking back to support his midfielders, closing down defenders when we've lost the ball, making the right runs to open up space for his fellow strikers, and so on. He's not the finished article by any means, and has a lot to learn before he becomes that. That's if he has any ambition to make the grade in any League but the rock-bottom rubbish that passes for football in these parts.

If Aguero has no right to an automatic place in City's side, how can anyone claim such in the Hibs team. Jason needs has the potential to become a very good striker, but there's a lot he needs to learn - and the first lesson may be that the boss is the boss, period.

I don't know how many games you've seen us play so far this season, but to call our games rock bottom rubbish is harsh. We played some good football on Saturday, enjoyable football last week at Dunfermline and some good stuff earlier in season. Some well organised teams who are far from rubbish.

Carheenlea
31-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Given that this site has a few members who have posted reliable info from inside the camp, if there was anything untoward, or running deeper than simple team management, it would be all over the site by now. I hope anyway.

J-C
31-10-2016, 09:16 AM

They were talking about this on MOTD yesterday, pointing out that Aguero was one of the top scorers in the world but he needed to add closing down and energy to his game and they highlighted the fact that he did just that in the weekend game.

Lennon is just doing the same with Cummings, it's not all about scoring goals, you need to work hard for the team too.

Andy74
31-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Evening News today Lennon is saying he has given Cummings a 'jag' by not playing him as he thought he had been off colour for the 3 or 4 games before that. He did think about starting him on Saturday.

swordin3
31-10-2016, 09:28 AM
I think the fact JC can't get a game shows our strength and depth in our squad. We also know the NL is a disciplinarian unlike Stubbs who more of an arm round the shoulder type. JC is being taught a lesson by NL, if he's sensible he'll learn from it, work hard in training and give NL a selection headache. Young players can get overconfident at times and they need railed in a bit, to me that's what's happening with JC atm.Totally agree.

--------
31-10-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't know how many games you've seen us play so far this season, but to call our games rock bottom rubbish is harsh. We played some good football on Saturday, enjoyable football last week at Dunfermline and some good stuff earlier in season. Some well organised teams who are far from rubbish.

I'm thinking of Scottish football in general, and of the standard of competition, administration, and refereeing overall. I agree that Hibs are one of the few teams that are actually trying to drag standards up and develop young players.

SEVCO are second in the Premiership, for crying out loud; Hearts are in line for a European spot. Scottish teams disappear from European competition in the early qualifiers - every year, except for Celtic, for whom the most you can say is that their 3 CL ties so far have been packed with goals - an average of 1 per game for them, and 4 per game for the opposition. What does that say?

The international team is as poor as it has ever been in my time following the game, and in comparison to the majority of European leagues, Scottish standards are very low.

I watched some of the Raith match on Saturday evening - it was awful. When satellite channels show lower-division games from England I often watch them, and in my opinion, the standard in English League 2 is better than most Scottish games - and I would include some Premiership games in that judgement.

Jason has been puffed up by the media and by fans on websites as a potential top star. Personally, I think he has it in him to be a very effective striker indeed, but there are huge gaps in his game which he needs to deal with now rather than later. I'm sure Neil Lennon has seen this and is seeking to help him become a better player, but if Jason has the idea that he's already there and isn't really listening to NL, then I would guess that yes, there is an issue. Young players who don't take coaching generally don't go too far in the game.

In regard to Kun Aguero, it's also noticeable that Liverpool are playing some very good football - note, German coach and a host of top European players on their books - are managing to score plenty of goals without England international star Sturridge, a guy who regularly comes over as thinking he's a good bit more important than the rest of the team. It's a measure of Aguero's stature, IMO, that he's clearly been listening to his boss and HASN'T taken any sort of a hissy fit.

AndyM_1875
31-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Evening News today Lennon is saying he has given Cummings a 'jag' by not playing him as he thought he had been off colour for the 3 or 4 games before that. He did think about starting him on Saturday.

And that's all it is. If Jason plays well he'll keep his place, if not then there's another player who will take his jersey for the next game. He hasn't been playing well so he's been out the team.
NL had a big call to make on Saturday to start either Boyle or Cummings and he got it absolutely spot on.

WeeRussell
31-10-2016, 12:05 PM
We didn't need Jason on the pitch for the last few minutes. I don't think there was any sort of snub there.

Me neither - some would have argued that he'd be p**sed off if he WAS brought on with only a few minutes to go.

People are reading far too much into his 'lack of interest' when warming up. These aren't proper structured team warm-ups, these are the guys choosing (sometimes instructed) to go and have a run about to keep warm - I was actually more encouraged to see he was being his usual self, joking about and smiling. I'm really not fussy if he isn't doing star jumps and burpees every time he loosens up from the dugout.

That's not to say there definitely isn't any issues between him and Lennon or anything off-the-field. However, we haven't been made aware of any and I'm therefore happy to believe that there's nothing for us to get upset about just because someone hasn't started the past couple of games.

31-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Why are people so desperate for 'something' to be going on?

He wasn't playing well, so isn't in the team. I know it's crazy, but maybe that's all there is to it?

I agree. For weeks he hadn't been performing so just like any player who goes off the boil for a spell, hes been dropped and someone else given a go.

It's probably not a bad thing for Jason to know that he is not undroppable. Jason can often get a bit carried away with himself especially after all the hype and interest he's been attracting so hopefully this time out will keep his feet firmly on the ground and remind him that he needs to keep working hard.

where'stheslope
31-10-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking of Scottish football in general, and of the standard of competition, administration, and refereeing overall. I agree that Hibs are one of the few teams that are actually trying to drag standards up and develop young players.

SEVCO are second in the Premiership, for crying out loud; Hearts are in line for a European spot. Scottish teams disappear from European competition in the early qualifiers - every year, except for Celtic, for whom the most you can say is that their 3 CL ties so far have been packed with goals - an average of 1 per game for them, and 4 per game for the opposition. What does that say?

The international team is as poor as it has ever been in my time following the game, and in comparison to the majority of European leagues, Scottish standards are very low.

I watched some of the Raith match on Saturday evening - it was awful. When satellite channels show lower-division games from England I often watch them, and in my opinion, the standard in English League 2 is better than most Scottish games - and I would include some Premiership games in that judgement.

Jason has been puffed up by the media and by fans on websites as a potential top star. Personally, I think he has it in him to be a very effective striker indeed, but there are huge gaps in his game which he needs to deal with now rather than later. I'm sure Neil Lennon has seen this and is seeking to help him become a better player, but if Jason has the idea that he's already there and isn't really listening to NL, then I would guess that yes, there is an issue. Young players who don't take coaching generally don't go too far in the game.

In regard to Kun Aguero, it's also noticeable that Liverpool are playing some very good football - note, German coach and a host of top European players on their books - are managing to score plenty of goals without England international star Sturridge, a guy who regularly comes over as thinking he's a good bit more important than the rest of the team. It's a measure of Aguero's stature, IMO, that he's clearly been listening to his boss and HASN'T taken any sort of a hissy fit.

Great post.
I've said it on another thread that if Jason Cummings thinks all he has to do is turn up and play, he will not last in football period!
Talking of him going down south is a factor, I would have thought to spur him on.
Premiership and Championship Clubs have money to burn on taking a £2-3 million gamble on a good young player.
But, if he has a lack of respect for his team or manager by not listening to what he has maybe been told, then its more likely to be a trip north to Inverness or Ross County????

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Best thing JC can do is work to get his place back and then make himself a first pick when he is there. Not to prove a point to snipers but to himself. Form can dip up and down but commitment and effort should be 100 % week in week out.

cmcd
31-10-2016, 09:24 PM
And your evidence for this is what,exactly?

May I suggest you read Neil Lennon's comments in the Evening News

01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Best thing JC can do is work to get his place back and then make himself a first pick when he is there. Not to prove a point to snipers but to himself. Form can dip up and down but commitment and effort should be 100 % week in week out.

Yep. A real chance here to prove that he has the right attitude. The way he deals with this will say a lot about his character. There will be managers from other clubs who have their eye on him but it may be off putting for them if they see a player who goes into a sulk and throws a strop when dropped, nobody wants a player like that in their team. The best thing JC can do is get the head down, work hard and fight for his place back. Nobody is going to gift him a starting place, he has to earn it.

ancient hibee
01-11-2016, 04:04 PM
May I suggest you read Neil Lennon's comments in the Evening News
You said Cummings hasn't shown a good attitude.Don't see anywhere that Lennon has said that.

Big L
01-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Good post. I think JC thought he was the finished article and NL is has been trying to get him to do the hard graft and JC is not listening. Lennon is letting hIm know that the team can win without him, thank God for Boyle's performance on Sat. I'm not advocating Holt being dropped but I have to wonder if Boyle and Cummings could form a partnership, plenty pace in there.

Arch Stanton
01-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Me neither - some would have argued that he'd be p**sed off if he WAS brought on with only a few minutes to go.

People are reading far too much into his 'lack of interest' when warming up. These aren't proper structured team warm-ups, these are the guys choosing (sometimes instructed) to go and have a run about to keep warm - I was actually more encouraged to see he was being his usual self, joking about and smiling. I'm really not fussy if he isn't doing star jumps and burpees every time he loosens up from the dugout.

That's not to say there definitely isn't any issues between him and Lennon or anything off-the-field. However, we haven't been made aware of any and I'm therefore happy to believe that there's nothing for us to get upset about just because someone hasn't started the past couple of games.

Not at all!

When he was playing the clown and hauling the corner flag back and wafting his leg this way and that (warming up? I don't think so), Harris and Graham were standing well away and ignoring him - this wasn't during lulls in play after all. They probably felt as embarassed for him as I was - certainly nothing camraderie about it.

cmcd
01-11-2016, 09:57 PM
You said Cummings hasn't shown a good attitude.Don't see anywhere that Lennon has said that.

If he needs a jag to get going I would imagine there is a problem with his attitude. I may be wrong but as Lennon says he needs to knuckle down and show his worth . On another note .How do you think Lennon would have reacted to Cummings penalty in the semi final ??

ancient hibee
01-11-2016, 09:59 PM
If he needs a jag to get going I would imagine there is a problem with his attitude. I may be wrong but as Lennon says he needs to knuckle down and show his worth . On another note .How do you think Lennon would have reacted to Cummings penalty in the semi final ??

Quite sure he would have spontaneously combusted.

HappyHanlon
02-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Battered about the head with a fitba boot

WeeRussell
02-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Not at all!

When he was playing the clown and hauling the corner flag back and wafting his leg this way and that (warming up? I don't think so), Harris and Graham were standing well away and ignoring him - this wasn't during lulls in play after all. They probably felt as embarassed for him as I was - certainly nothing camraderie about it.

We'll agree to disagree - nothing about Jason's behaviour on Saturday made me concerned that something is going on with him and Lennon. Nor did anything he do make me feel embarrassed for him. I look forward to seeing him back in the team and back amongst the goals.

JimBHibees
02-11-2016, 11:51 AM
We'll agree to disagree - nothing about Jason's behaviour on Saturday made me concerned that something is going on with him and Lennon. Nor did anything he do make me feel embarrassed for him. I look forward to seeing him back in the team and back amongst the goals.

Couldnt agree more.

cmcd
02-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Quite sure he would have spontaneously combusted.

I think that could be correct. At the end of the day we all have our opinions but have to put our trust in the manager

Marco G
02-11-2016, 03:51 PM
From FF on Saturday I never saw anything odd at all. Also no reason to bring him on with two minutes left. So my take is that he went off the boil a bit, got dropped, and now has to fight his way back into the team, just like any other player in the squad. Am sure he will take his chance when selected and get back to playing at his best again.

The Leith Dutch
03-11-2016, 06:55 AM

He's our most valuable asset only if someone is willing to pay us a lot of money for him.
While that gets more unlikely if he's an unused sub (now) it also gets more unlikely if he's not scoring goals against pish opposition (last few weeks).

As for JC and his agent not being happy (a) not really fussed whether they're "happy" and (b) the latter will have the former moving on as soon as he has a deal he likes and that would be the case regardless of whether the club build a 40 foot high statue of JC and issue him a private dressing room with hot and cold running blow jobs.

He's a good player when he's scoring and he gets some respect for not walking off after the Cup final but if he's not scoring goals then he has to be dropped.

percy veer
03-11-2016, 08:37 AM
I doubt it too - because he's now on a much longer contract, they will realise their chance of getting a deal has evaporated.

Promotion, a year in the top division and continued improvement, and our man will be worth a lot more.

im sure he was on that contract when they first put a bid in

Enough said
03-11-2016, 09:06 AM
He's our most valuable asset only if someone is willing to pay us a lot of money for him.
While that gets more unlikely if he's an unused sub (now) it also gets more unlikely if he's not scoring goals against pish opposition (last few weeks).

As for JC and his agent not being happy (a) not really fussed whether they're "happy" and (b) the latter will have the former moving on as soon as he has a deal he likes and that would be the case regardless of whether the club build a 40 foot high statue of JC and issue him a private dressing room with hot and cold running blow jobs.

He's a good player when he's scoring and he gets some respect for not walking off after the Cup final but if he's not scoring goals then he has to be dropped.

Super John mcginn will make Hibernian fc far more money than Jc will