PDA

View Full Version : League starting to look good.

where'stheslope
30-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Looking at the League table today it is starting to look good, not just as we are in front and clear, but the teams behind us are still in close proximity to us.
The Premiership looks done and dusted already with Celtic way out in front with a game in hand.
The next few games in the Championship could end up with us pushing way out in front, but only if we don't think it is done and dusted.
There is still a long way to go, but we are where we should be and if we keep it up all our early moans will soon be in the past.

Callyballybe
30-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Some very big games coming up (as always seems to be the way in the championship) starting with the other form team at the moment next week (Ayr.)

Don't want to jinx it, but it seems Lennon may have found a formation that works - and long may it last. But for the meantime, as long as we can get to the beginning of December without being beaten (Falkirk, Queens and Utd) that should put us 5/6 points ahead - then we'll be looking good!

GreenCastle
30-10-2016, 09:31 AM
After a bit of a wobble the team seems to have found its belief again and are looking confident.

Few things noticeable - solid back players playing well

More width and speed in Boyle have helped.

Every game is important but I really feel from now till Xmas will be the rest if we are going to go up. Some tough away games and a few games at home where we should be loookg to take maximum points and widening the gap.

PatHead
30-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Some very big games coming up (as always seems to be the way in the championship) starting with the other form team at the moment next week (Ayr.)

Don't want to jinx it, but it seems Lennon may have found a formation that works - and long may it last. But for the meantime, as long as we can get to the beginning of December without being beaten (Falkirk, Queens and Utd) that should put us 5/6 points ahead - then we'll be looking good!

Morton and Dundee Utd are actually the form teams having won their last three. One big thing is how few goals we concede. Only 6 in the league so far

offshorehibby
30-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Morton and Dundee Utd are actually the form teams having won their last three. One big thing is how few goals we concede. Only 6 in the league so far

Every game is important in this league until we are guaranteed to be out of it.

While these 2 teams have won their last 3 Hibs have won most in league and lost the least so far.

PatHead
30-10-2016, 10:08 AM

While these 2 teams have won their last 3 Hibs have won most in league and lost the least so far.

Don't disagree. It is all about us. Was just replying to the poster who said Ayr were the form team with us playing them next week. Said it before that we will win the league comfortably.

jacomo
30-10-2016, 10:47 AM

:agree:

Falkirk came from a long way back to overtake us in the run in last season.

But so long as we avoid any prolonged dips from now on we should be ok.

HibsNutter
30-10-2016, 11:00 AM
It's amazing what can happen when we aren't handicapped by wrongful dismissal. We're by far the best team and it's starting to show.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Dundee Utd overcame one of the toughest fixtures in the league on Saturday by beating Falkirk, they have recovered well after a shaky start and its pretty obvious they aren't going to go away.
Its interesting that they have lost both their games played on artificial pitches this season and they are away to Queen of the South on Saturday ... though QOTS are off form at the moment if it hadn't been for their aberration against Morton their goals against column would be the same as ours, so a tough one for Utd.

Raith Rovers have a derby away at Dunfermline, who I've seen twice now and I would say they are better than their league position suggests, though they lose far too many goals. Falkirk have Morton at home, you just never know what you are going to get from Morton, so its possible Falkirk could drop points.

As for Hibs ..... I was convinced Ayr Utd would be cannon fodder this season having watched their fortuitous play off victory over Stranraer, but credit to them they are making a fist of it and it wont be easy for us at Somerset Park I would guess.

It seems that every week we have a vital game and this weekend is no different ....... Its obvious that if we keep winning we will start to open a bigger gap, but a wee wobble from Dundee Utd wouldn't go amiss.

Jack Hackett
30-10-2016, 11:37 AM
It's amazing what can happen when we aren't handicapped by wrongful dismissal. We're by far the best team and it's starting to show.

Marv's sending off against Ayr was a huge kick in the gonads. I'm of the belief that, if it hadn't happened, we'd be comfortably in charge now. Referee mistakes have had a massive impact on the league to our detriment

monktonharp
30-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Dundee Utd overcame one of the toughest fixtures in the league on Saturday by beating Falkirk, they have recovered well after a shaky start and its pretty obvious they aren't going to go away.
Its interesting that they have lost both their games played on artificial pitches this season and they are away to Queen of the South on Saturday ... though QOTS are off form at the moment if it hadn't been for their aberration against Morton their goals against column would be the same as ours, so a tough one for Utd.

Raith Rovers have a derby away at Dunfermline, who I've seen twice now and I would say they are better than their league position suggests, though they lose far too many goals. Falkirk have Morton at home, you just never know what you are going to get from Morton, so its possible Falkirk could drop points.

As for Hibs ..... I was convinced Ayr Utd would be cannon fodder this season having watched their fortuitous play off victory over Stranraer, but credit to them they are making a fist of it and it wont be easy for us at Somerset Park I would guess.

It seems that every week we have a vital game and this weekend is no different ....... Its obvious that if we keep winning we will start to open a bigger gap, but a wee wobble from Dundee Utd wouldn't go amiss.very observant, and all relevant points:agree: the game on Saturday will be tough, but with a large away support we will be noisy as opposed to our voice loss at ER. 12th man and aw' that:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2016, 12:11 PM
very observant, and all relevant points:agree: the game on Saturday will be tough, but with a large away support we will be noisy as opposed to our voice loss at ER. 12th man and aw' that:wink:

Yeh, always been one of my favourite away grounds, those wee sheds behind the goals are like a blast from the past from when I was a regular away supporter and most grounds had a 'shed'

The FF lower 'shed' ....... himmmmmm :hmmm:

Callyballybe
30-10-2016, 04:02 PM

Apologies - I actually thought that Ayr won at the weekend, which would've given them 4 in a row.