PDA

View Full Version : Andy Walker

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Watching the full game on the DVD and its really noticeable how bitter Andy Walker is towards Hibs. Reminiscent of Ian McCall in the CIS Cup Final commentary. Seethe and pain to cherish and enjoy for many many years. Cheers, Andy.

stoneyburn hibs
29-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Watching the full game on the DVD and its really noticeable how bitter Andy Walker is towards Hibs. Reminiscent of Ian McCall in the CIS Cup Final commentary. Seethe and pain to cherish and enjoy for many many years. Cheers, Andy.

Mans a massive bellend, I don't know what his problem is with Hibs, actually it's not a big concern. He can do one, we are the Scottish cup holders.

SON OF PADDY
29-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Mans a massive bellend, I don't know what his problem is with Hibs, actually it's not a big concern. He can do one, we are the Scottish cup holders.

Loved the chant at the Aberdeen match today,
" Andy Walker your a Wa#ker " spot on . 😊

29-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Mind he played for hibs. Remember being in a taxi to parkhead I think and heard he was playing and it filled me with dread.

All his drivel about "disgraceful scenes". You weren't good enough to create any sort of scenes at a club like hibs you bitter little ****.

IberianHibernian
29-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Mind he played for hibs. Remember being in a taxi to parkhead I think and heard he was playing and it filled me with dread.

All his drivel about "disgraceful scenes". You weren't good enough to create any sort of scenes at a club like hibs you bitter little ****. He was actually a good striker for us in the short time he played for us . I remember his goal in Gorgie at New Year for example . Would be interested to hear his comments on post Cup Final scenes now . He changed quite a lot in 10 minutes on cup final day so might have a very different opinion now .

HoboHarry
29-10-2016, 10:26 PM
It is genuinely a mystery to me why intellectual lightweights like Walker get on TV to commentate on games. The difference between listening to him and some of the English ex-players is like night and day, all I ever hear from Walker is the blindingly obvious whilst the English ex-players display a clear understanding of the game.....

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-10-2016, 10:34 PM
After the final whistle he described Hibs fans as disgraceful, by the end he was wishing the team could parade the trophy in front of the brilliant Hibs Fans. The guys a schizo.

northstandhibby
29-10-2016, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=AFKA5814_Hibs;4847990]After the final whistle he described Hibs fans as disgraceful, by the end he was wishing the team could parade the trophy in front of the brilliant Hibs Fans. The guys a schizo.[/QUOTE

Surely Chic Young was the most sycophantic. He had previously described the tartan army at wembley in 77 which en masse invaded the pitch and ripped down the goalposts as 'high jinks'.

When it came to the Hi bees at hampden it was a completely different story as he ripped into us.

What a hypocritical little yelp.

Up yours Chic.

:giruy2:

GGTTH

IberianHibernian
29-10-2016, 10:42 PM
It is genuinely a mystery to me why intellectual lightweights like Walker get on TV to commentate on games. The difference between listening to him and some of the English ex-players is like night and day, all I ever hear from Walker is the blindingly obvious whilst the English ex-players display a clear understanding of the game.....Apart from Hibs TV I rarely watch Scottish or English League on telly and am not sure if the English players you refer to are ones who have played in Scotland so know something about Scottish leagues or highly paid ex players who get massive wages for commentating on English matches . But where does " intellectual lightweight " come from from about Andy Walker ?

monktonharp
30-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Apart from Hibs TV I rarely watch Scottish or English League on telly and am not sure if the English players you refer to are ones who have played in Scotland so know something about Scottish leagues or highly paid ex players who get massive wages for commentating on English matches . But where does " intellectual lightweight " come from from about Andy Walker ?was he not just referring to ex-English players commenting on English games? apart from that , Walker is a fanny, he wears a fanny's hat, just ask any Hibee, they'll testify to that.:wink:

Northernhibee
30-10-2016, 09:08 AM
It is genuinely a mystery to me why intellectual lightweights like Walker get on TV to commentate on games. The difference between listening to him and some of the English ex-players is like night and day, all I ever hear from Walker is the blindingly obvious whilst the English ex-players display a clear understanding of the game.....

Listen to his analysis of the third goal. "Look at how he meets the ball, keeps it down, keeps it on target. It's in the back of the net". No mention of who should have picked him up, his movement, anything.

where'stheslope
30-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Walker is so pro Old Firm in TV commentary he always sees their players being fouled but the other way he talks that there was very little contact.
He is on TV only to get people's backs up, and the more people who complain, the better he is doing his job!!!!

HappyHanlon
30-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Andy Walker looks like an old person who's misplaced their false teeth.

Cocaine&Caviar
30-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Can we have some dorect quotes of whats bothering you?

I dislike him as much as everyone else; but have to say i dodnt have a problem with what he said from min 1-90; and ive watched it about 500 times...

High-On-Hibs
30-10-2016, 10:35 AM

This.

The English commentators also aren't afraid to get torn in to the bigot brothers, especially when ridiculous decisions go their way. Not Andy Walker though, he just falls into a silent silk.

Colr
30-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Jackie Charlton was always riveting in his analysis. Bobbie Robson was good too.

Northernhibee
30-10-2016, 10:38 AM

I dislike him as much as everyone else; but have to say i dodnt have a problem with what he said from min 1-90; and ive watched it about 500 times...
What bugged me in the final was him referring to Sevco players by their first names. "It's a great header by Kenny" - makes him sound sycophantic and not neutral.

Deansy
30-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Walker's the most rabid, ex-Celt, Hun on the box - either that or he's just the most rabid, Hibs-hater !

Wee Effen Bee
30-10-2016, 03:06 PM

I think people are probably taking more games into account, where Walker has been the pundit, rather than just the final. Mind you, after the whistle, he certainly made up for it.
'He is a bit of a daft though. I remember the time he described Hibs as a 'provincial' club on radio.' Nobody picked him up for his faux pas and he displayed his ignorance further by repeating it later. There appears to be a lot of people involved in football - especially reporters/pundits, who don't understand the meaning of certain words/phrases. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Three Scots pundits that I have no time for are him,Davie Provan and Alan McInally. They seem to not get the point that the game is the most important bit not what they think about it.

Steve-O
30-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Walker's reaction to the pitch invasion was utterly ludicrous. Whoever was on the BBC that day was much more reasoned.

His reaction to that spoiled the Sky coverage for me. He was bellowing about the DISGRACEFUL scenes even before there was a punch thrown!

CraigHibee
31-10-2016, 11:25 AM
He is a scud book of the highest order

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Never had any time for Andy W#nker