PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed today

3pm
29-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I expect at least one blast of 'Warburton's a fanny' every game.

Nothing today. We must all do better.

Itsnoteasy
29-10-2016, 06:47 PM

I was at a smoker last night. John Rowbotham was a speaker. He said hands up Celtic supporters in room only 1. Said same for Rangers there was a few. Same for Hertz there was a few. Then when he said any Hibs fans in tonight my torrets kicked in and I blasted oot in a room of 100 folk I didnae ken, Warburtons A Fanny. Place was in stitches. I'm with you on that one. But I think you will find it sung mostly at away days. The rendition at Dunfermline last week was great.

trev the hat
29-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Brondby non attendee 😄

khib70
29-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Maybe everyone was too busy singing songs about Hibs,eh? Shame on them.

3pm
29-10-2016, 08:21 PM

:hilarious

The Gorf
29-10-2016, 08:22 PM
I was at a smoker last night. John Rowbotham was a speaker. He said hands up Celtic supporters in room only 1. Said same for Rangers there was a few. Same for Hertz there was a few. Then when he said any Hibs fans in tonight my torrets kicked in and I blasted oot in a room of 100 folk I didnae ken, Warburtons A Fanny. Place was in stitches. I'm with you on that one. But I think you will find it sung mostly at away days. The rendition at Dunfermline last week was great.

Lol. Good on you mate. I wish I'd been there. :gwa2:

Itsnoteasy
29-10-2016, 09:24 PM

I think the Warburton song is & should stay a Hibs song forever more.
Many moons ago we used to sing YNWA. What did that have to do with Hibs.

vuefrom1875
30-10-2016, 12:14 AM
.rowbotham...big Fife hun... Fact!

GreenLake
30-10-2016, 12:35 AM

I hope someone video'd it.

Loopz
30-10-2016, 12:52 AM

I've never understood why we would sing about a team in a higher division than we are when we're not playing them.:cb

Itsnoteasy
30-10-2016, 12:38 PM
I've never understood why we would sing about a team in a higher division than we are when we're not playing them.:cb

The song is about an individual. So your saying we cannae sing aboot Hertz either this year.

Itsnoteasy
30-10-2016, 12:40 PM
rowbotham...big Fife hun... Fact!

Said he was a RR fan

Jonnyboy
30-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Said he was a RR fan

Aye, Ra Rangers 😉

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Aye, Ra Rangers 😉

:hilarious

Itsnoteasy
30-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Aye, Ra Rangers 😉

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif:aok:

Libby Hibby
30-10-2016, 01:20 PM

Is the Warburton song not a Hibs song?

Itsnoteasy
30-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Is the Warburton song not a Hibs song?

I would say yeshttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

He's a fanny.

Loopz
30-10-2016, 11:24 PM
The song is about an individual. So your saying we cannae sing aboot Hertz either this year.
It will be OK when we play them in the SC final.:wink:

Highland_Hibee
31-10-2016, 12:27 AM
How can anyone say the Warburton song is not a Hibs song? Is that the same as 1902 not being a Hertz song? It's about an individual who represented an establishment that deemed themselves superior to all and would never succumb to the likes of us. We then went on to very much show them otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperAllyMcleod
31-10-2016, 12:44 AM
How can anyone say the Warburton song is not a Hibs song? Is that the same as 1902 not being a Hertz song? It's about an individual who represented an establishment that deemed themselves superior to all and would never succumb to the likes of us. We then went on to very much show them otherwise.

It's not a Hibs song, it's an anti-The Rangers song. Yeah, it was a laugh for a wee while but now I just cringe every time I hear it.

The cup final was the greatest day I've had as a Hibs supporter and I'd prefer to sing about Hibs rather than the manager of the runners up.

H113EE5
31-10-2016, 06:07 AM
It's not a Hibs song, it's an anti-The Rangers song. Yeah, it was a laugh for a wee while but now I just cringe every time I hear it.

The cup final was the greatest day I've had as a Hibs supporter and I'd prefer to sing about Hibs rather than the manager of the runners up.

:agree::agree: Why are we singing about a manager and team not even in our league, in all senses. It is embarrassing

Pretty Boy
31-10-2016, 06:09 AM
The Warburton song isn't really just about him or Rangers though is it? A pretty major part of the song is about Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

JimBHibees
31-10-2016, 10:20 AM
The Warburton song isn't really just about him or Rangers though is it? A pretty major part of the song is about Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

Agree absolutely nothing embarrassing about it. Sums up the day very well. :greengrin

WeeRussell
31-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah it didn't get a rendition at the game but I am pleased to report the whole dancefloor were singing it in a nightclub I was in later that night.

I didn't find it embarrassing - and apparently neither did the one gentleman who replied by singing a chorus of 'the sash' in response :rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Haha how can folk say it's not a Hibs song? It's a song about the day we won the Scottish cup. The greatest day in the history of our club. Just because it mentions the manager of our opponents that we beat doesn't mean it's not relevant to us.
We've had literally dozens of songs over the years about Hearts players, managers and chairmans that mention Hibs far less than the Warburton song.

WhileTheChief..
31-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I see the Still Game clip in my head every time I hear the song. Guaranteed to bring a smile to the face.

Itsnoteasy
31-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Haha how can folk say it's not a Hibs song? It's a song about the day we won the Scottish cup. The greatest day in the history of our club. Just because it mentions the manager of our opponents that we beat doesn't mean it's not relevant to us.
We've had literally dozens of songs over the years about Hearts players, managers and chairmans that mention Hibs far less than the Warburton song.

Was just thinking that ma self. Cheer up JJ
Cheer up CL. Cheer up GR. Cheer up RN. Oh what can it mean to a sad Jambo ******** & a s***e fitbaw team. Been sung every year we play them & no mention of hibs,hibees or hibernian in the song

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Was just thinking that ma self. Cheer up JJ
Cheer up CL. Cheer up GR. Cheer up RN. Oh what can it mean to a sad Jambo ******** & a s***e fitbaw team. Been sung every year we play them & no mention of hibs,hibees or hibernian in the song

Spot on. Far less relevance to Hibs than the Warburton song. Same for songs about Romanov, Mercer, Skacel, Craig Thomson, Fulton being ugly or Jamie Walkers sisters pants.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Spot on. Far less relevance to Hibs than the Warburton song. Same for songs about Romanov, Mercer, Skacel, Craig Thomson, Fulton being ugly or Jamie Walkers sisters pants.

Yeah, but these songs only get sung when we play the Jambos. The Warburton song is sung whoever we play.

Each to their own though, if people want to sing it they will, if not, it will die away like so many songs before it.

lucky
31-10-2016, 09:01 PM
We hate Glasgow Rangers we hate Celtic too is that regarded as an acceptable song by the X factor judges of Hibs songs? Come on tae ****, the Warbarton song is a Hibs classic. It commemorates that great day and should be sung loud and proud every week. It went down a storm a Lewis "both cup winners medals" Stevenson testimonial dinner

Viva_Palmeiras
01-11-2016, 04:51 AM
:agree::agree: Why are we singing about a manager and team not even in our league, in all senses. It is embarrassing

!

Viva_Palmeiras
01-11-2016, 04:53 AM

Astonished

Pretty Boy
01-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Astonished

It's mental isn't it?

I'm still trying to work out how the song would work if it wasn't about Hibs as some seem to be claiming. Without overthinking what is at the end of the day just a football song; the whole thing is held together by the HIBS Scottish Cup win.

If it wasn't a Hibs song how would it end? It wouldn't even be sung at all. Had we lost at Hampden (which we didn't in case anyone forgot) then no one would have made up that song. The song will last long after Mr Respectful has departed Ibrox as it celebrates HIBS beating his team to win the cup.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2016, 07:05 AM
We hate Glasgow Rangers we hate Celtic too is that regarded as an acceptable song by the X factor judges of Hibs songs? Come on tae ****, the Warbarton song is a Hibs classic. It commemorates that great day and should be sung loud and proud every week. It went down a storm a Lewis "both cup winners medals" Stevenson testimonial dinner

Your going to get in trouble wi the song police. Warbarton? Is this a new one you've made up.

Highland_Hibee
01-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Fair enough and I'm not saying I want us singing it every week. It does get more crowd engagement than some of our other ditties though. I sit around the half way line in the East and that and the SJM song are the only two I really hear filter down past me onto the right.

Didn't hear it once on Saturday so it's probably had it time. I'm sure we will save it up for when we next face the SC losers.