PDA

View Full Version : New HibsTV

Arch Stanton
28-10-2016, 05:06 PM
I've got a cold coming on and may not get to the match tomorrow so I might need to go to France to watch it (ahem!!!!). However the new layout of Hibs TV doesn't seem to give me access - nothing happens whem I click the St Mirren match link. Anyone any ideas?

The Green Goblin
28-10-2016, 05:12 PM
I've got a cold coming on and may not get to the match tomorrow so I might need to go to France to watch it (ahem!!!!). However the new layout of Hibs TV doesn't seem to give me access - nothing happens whem I click the St Mirren match link. Anyone any ideas?

Tin hat on here, and sorry to rain on your (French) parade but what you are "hinting" at doing is what cost me and many other overseas fans like me the chance to watch the stream of the European away tie, after the club decided not to broadcast to overseas fans because people were doing what you were doing. Now personally, I think they "punished" the wrong people, but doing what you are talking about doesn't help things. Maybe take a nice hot toddy, early night and get down to ER to cheer the boys on? :aok: Failing that, the audio commentary is still excellent.

Arch Stanton
28-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Tin hat on here, and sorry to rain on your (French) parade but what you are "hinting" at doing is what cost me and many other overseas fans like me the chance to watch the stream of the European away tie, after the club decided not to broadcast to overseas fans because people were doing what you were doing. Now personally, I think they "punished" the wrong people, but doing what you are talking about doesn't help things. Maybe take a nice hot toddy, early night and get down to ER to cheer the boys on? :aok: Failing that, the audio commentary is still excellent.

Actuaclly, I wasn't doing anything to inconvenience anybody!!!.

And I wasn't costing you anything!!!

If the club decided not not to braodacst tomorow then they decided to differ from other Scottish clubs. And OK they are entitled to do that but it doesn't make them right and the other clubs wrong!!!!

Billy
28-10-2016, 06:20 PM
If you have a UK subscription and are trying to login from an overseas IP then it won't work.

The system is designed to block VPN's and does pick up on them.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Actuaclly, I wasn't doing anything to inconvenience anybody!!!.

And I wasn't costing you anything!!!

If the club decided not not to braodacst tomorow then they decided to differ from other Scottish clubs. And OK they are entitled to do that but it doesn't make them right and the other clubs wrong!!!!

I don't really understand your post to be honest. Rightly or wrongly the people who "Take the trip to France" was the concern of the club during the Europa League fixture against Brondby. People could pay a tenner to watch it at home on Hibs TV with their pals rather than the 20 quid it cost to get into the stadium each.

The Green Goblin
28-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't really understand your post to be honest. Rightly or wrongly the people who "Take the trip to France" was the concern of the club during the Europa League fixture against Brondby. People could pay a tenner to watch it at home on Hibs TV with their pals rather than the 20 quid it cost to get into the stadium each.

Exactly this. And the result was that the club took a (ridiculous) decision to bump all their overseas fans in order to teach the home fans trying to get around the broadcast rights a lesson.

Marco G
28-10-2016, 09:25 PM
I am glad to hear that Hibs TV is now set up to allow only access to those who should legally get to see it, ie Hibees abroad. If I have a cold I get along to ER and feel better for it. So hope your cold comes to nothing and you enjoy the match tomorrow!

Andy74
28-10-2016, 10:19 PM

No it wasn't. It was the intelligence they had received on large scale streaming on YouTube etc. I'd imagine the UK based fans who subscribe on the basis they occasionally use it if they are away or ill that make up
A big chunk of those putting their money in and making the service possible.

superfurryhibby
28-10-2016, 10:25 PM
I am glad to hear that Hibs TV is now set up to allow only access to those who should legally get to see it, ie Hibees abroad. If I have a cold I get along to ER and feel better for it. So hope your cold comes to nothing and you enjoy the match tomorrow!

I think the point is being missed here. New layout won't prevent access. That is how it was already set uo, only those who resort to *** could circumvent it, just as they can when we start transmitting tomorrow.

Arch Stanton
29-10-2016, 02:20 AM

And then you go and share your cold with other people. Thanks a bunch.

While I can see the reasoning behind it I really don't see how people who live abroad are so morally superior to those who are ill!

The way I figure it, until Hibs TV accept doctors certificates they are being discriminatory - so there! (And OK, I don't have a doctors certificate but the point's still the same. :greengrin)

Anyway, I hope my cold and flu tabs will help me get back to sleep and stop being grumpy to all you legal people.

Forza Fred
29-10-2016, 02:49 AM
Tin hat on, but I always considered the club's reaction to 'rumours' of pubs showing the Brondby game was way over the top.

I DO sometimes wonder if it was in truth not due to piracy, but KPI inspired, a la crowd
numbers, and the squeezing of every last soul who was interested in the game, getting their bahookies along to Easter Road and getting counted.

Certainly us overseas fans missed out as a result, but correspondence with the club leaves me with the distinct impression that Hibs TV is seen as something that the club 'has' to have, but is a drain on management's time.

The efforts of the volunteers who freely give their time to make this a success are appreciated though.

We choose to live overseas, so we can't whinge too much, I guess, and basically just have to accept what crumbs the club throws us.

GreenLake
29-10-2016, 02:59 AM

Don't be such a big girls blouse and get to the game. I am even going to risk being lightly rained on in Los Angeles to see the Galaxy on Sunday. :greengrin

Haymaker
29-10-2016, 03:01 AM
Don't be such a big girls blouse and get to the game. I am even going to risk being lightly rained on in Los Angeles to see the Galaxy on Sunday. :greengrin

Rain in LA?!

GreenLake
29-10-2016, 03:03 AM
I think the point is being missed here. New layout won't prevent access. That is how it was already set uo, only those who resort to *** could circumvent it, just as they can when we start transmitting tomorrow.

You know that?

I suspect they will know a users log in and where their billing address is and UK residents traveling abroad will be the new victims.

GreenLake
29-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Rain in LA?!

My wife said it might rain at the game on Sunday and we sit field side where a good soaking is guaranteed.

It will be like a warm shower and we get to see the Galaxy Star squad girls in a wet T-Shirt contest.

Marco G
29-10-2016, 07:55 AM
And then you go and share your cold with other people. Thanks a bunch.

While I can see the reasoning behind it I really don't see how people who live abroad are so morally superior to those who are ill!

The way I figure it, until Hibs TV accept doctors certificates they are being discriminatory - so there! (And OK, I don't have a doctors certificate but the point's still the same. :greengrin)

Anyway, I hope my cold and flu tabs will help me get back to sleep and stop being grumpy to all you legal people.
Coughing and spluttering does let me get through to the bar quicker though!

Marco G
29-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Sure, there is always an illegal way to do things. But I think the point is that in the UK the only legal way to watch a game live at Easter Road is to get along there if it is not being televised by Sky etc... Seems fair enough imho.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2016, 08:11 AM
If you have a UK subscription and are trying to login from an overseas IP then it won't work.

The system is designed to block VPN's and does pick up on them.

Will that prevent me from watching Hibs if I am on holiday Billy? That's one of the two main reasons I buy into Hibs TV - so I don't miss games when I'm away!

Arch Stanton
29-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Sure, there is always an illegal way to do things. But I think the point is that in the UK the only legal way to watch a game live at Easter Road is to get along there if it is not being televised by Sky etc... Seems fair enough imho.

Not actually illegal is it? What laws would be broken if I went and did the unmentionabe? I would be paying the asking rate for a service rendered after all.

BTW, you do realise it is possible to watch Sky illegally? :greengrin And another BTW, I just happen to know that - I always pay full whack me (well someone has to).

superfurryhibby
29-10-2016, 09:28 AM
You know that?

I suspect they will know a users log in and where their billing address is and UK residents traveling abroad will be the new victims.

If so then they will lose my subscription. One of my sons lives in Spain and watches, I pay. Seems like a lot of effort and a bit OTT from the club.

Arch Stanton
29-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Will that prevent me from watching Hibs if I am on holiday Billy? That's one of the two main reasons I buy into Hibs TV - so I don't miss games when I'm away!

Well, with a French VPN it doesn't allow me access so it looks like it will indeed stop holiday access. I just need to figure whether Cliff's commentaries are worth the subscription.

Now I'm wonderring what part of the registration needs to be abroad.

Forza Fred
29-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Not actually illegal is it? What laws would be broken if I went and did the unmentionabe? I would be paying the asking rate for a service rendered after all.

BTW, you do realise it is possible to watch Sky illegally? :greengrin And another BTW, I just happen to know that - I always pay full whack me (well someone has to).

Don't think your photo would appear in the Daily record, but legalities aside, I think you would be breaching the suppliers term and conditions.

Billy
29-10-2016, 09:49 AM

You can now upgrade your subscription via the my account tab.

It means if you are abroad, your IP address will be checked and if all okay, you can then upgrade.

Any problems, then just email and it will get sorted out for you.

High-On-Hibs
29-10-2016, 10:26 AM
As long as the live video stream still goes ahead, anybody with a VPN can still fool the server. A difference in layout won't change that. Although people shouldn't do it, they will still do it anyway, it's a fact.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2016, 10:42 AM
You can now upgrade your subscription via the my account tab.

It means if you are abroad, your IP address will be checked and if all okay, you can then upgrade.

Any problems, then just email and it will get sorted out for you.

Cheers Billy. Very little would keep me from attending Hibs home games - foreign holidays would be the most likely reason my seat would be spare but I really do need my football fix when I'm away:greengrin

Big90inOz
29-10-2016, 01:03 PM
I have noticed after watching other clubs streams like Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mitten etc that their streams are clearer than Hibs TV. Is that because Hibs TV is a better quality stream therefore requiring a higher bandwidth ? Are the other clubs clearer as they require a lower bandwidth to watch ?

Billy
29-10-2016, 01:41 PM
I have noticed after watching other clubs streams like Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mitten etc that their streams are clearer than Hibs TV. Is that because Hibs TV is a better quality stream therefore requiring a higher bandwidth ? Are the other clubs clearer as they require a lower bandwidth to watch ?

The system is designed to pick up on the best stream available to your connection but if it cannot find it, it will revert to the lowest. You can change this by clicking on the HD button on the player and selecting another quality.

euro Hibby
29-10-2016, 01:52 PM
not feed yet for international .........I am hearing commentary but no pic ?

euro Hibby
29-10-2016, 01:53 PM
ok up now..........looking forward........

Big90inOz
29-10-2016, 01:56 PM
The system is designed to pick up on the best stream available to your connection but if it cannot find it, it will revert to the lowest. You can change this by clicking on the HD button on the player and selecting another quality.

Hi Billy
I have worked my way through all the streams with very little improvement.

QMU-1875
29-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Website crashed?

micksoo
29-10-2016, 02:06 PM
I can get commentary but no pictures

jazzy7070
29-10-2016, 02:10 PM
can it work on iOS?

Big90inOz
29-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Not sure if Hibs TV have changed anything but the stream is bloody awesome this week, by far the best pic I have had this season.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
29-10-2016, 08:04 PM
You know that?

It worked fine with no updating of account details etc.