PDA

View Full Version : Ignored by the bbc again

offshorehibby
28-10-2016, 05:01 PM
bbc reporting on the fan ownership at Motherwell as the Well Society supporters group assume a 76% shareholding from the Barbados-based Scot for £1 following talks that lasted most of this year.

all other clubs entering into similar schemes mentioned bar Hibs.

Sower o fuds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37804898?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hamish
28-10-2016, 05:21 PM
bbc reporting on the fan ownership at Motherwell as the Well Society supporters group assume a 76% shareholding from the Barbados-based Scot for £1 following talks that lasted most of this year.

Sower o fuds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37804898?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I thought the same when I read that earlier today. It's as if we are on a news blackout concerning fan ownership numbers.

Kavinho
28-10-2016, 05:32 PM
I thought the same when I read that earlier today. It's as if we are on a news blackout concerning fan ownership numbers.

Would be interested in knowing the debt the fans are inheriting for their 1 pound purchase.

Its clearly going to hinder their 'sporting ambition' asthey announced that they are getting "a percentage" of transfer income from player sales;, before the remainder going onto a fixed repayment plan..

Sounds like it's more than a few pennies. .

I reckon they have a great chance of falling out of the top flight too within a few years.

On the wider point, they've been running at a loss for a couple of years, with the gap plugged by the owner... can they now live within their means, and satisfy fans demands?

Pete
28-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Ignore them. It's probably been penned by a sad Savile or a bitter Hun.

Hamish
28-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Was going to, but stuff it.

Complaint sent.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-10-2016, 05:41 PM
**** the BBC and **** the daily record. 2 entities I want nowhere near Easter Road road or commenting on anything to do with Hibernian FC.

Eyrie
28-10-2016, 06:37 PM
The relevant numbers at 30 June were 23.6% owned directly by 2,400 individual shareholders and 8.2% held by HSL, giving Hibs a total of 31.8% fan ownership.

greenginger
28-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Mrs Budge gets a mention, with her " similar " scheme at HOMFC and eventual hand over to the Foundation of Hearts.

I can't see the similarity stretching to the £ 1 purchase price !

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2016, 06:44 PM
**** the BBC. Happy to fly under the radar of those bland, Hun/Yam obsessed ****ers.

tamig
28-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Then they talked us up very positively in our race for promotion!

greenginger
28-10-2016, 06:47 PM
The relevant numbers at 30 June were 23.6% owned directly by 2,400 individual shareholders and 8.2% held by HSL, giving Hibs a total of 31.8% fan ownership.

There was an update on 30th August with another 1,020,000 shares being bought by fans.

That is 1.2% ,so fan share is 33%; but the BBC prefers to mention the Foundation of Hearts whose club share holding is 0%.

Eyrie
28-10-2016, 06:51 PM
There was an update on 30th August with another 1,020,000 shares being bought by fans.

That is 1.2% ,so fan share is 33%; but the BBC prefers to mention the Foundation of Hearts whose club share holding is 0%.

Cheers for the update. So we're already two thirds of the way there and Save Hearts In Trouble still have nothing.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Mrs Budge gets a mention, with her " similar " scheme at HOMFC and eventual hand over to the Foundation of Hearts.

Eventual handover when she runs out of ideas to divert the funds to?

Still plenty ground improvement to do and she's already talking less than total ownership at a date yet to be agreed, all whilst getting a very attractive rate of interest from the plums that keep on giving.

0% ownership for the savers as at today, 100% for just the one fan. Plus a market beating return on capital.

The BBC is sadly chock full of establishment types who get paid regardless of quality as far as Scottish football is concerned.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
28-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Still plenty ground improvement to do and she's already talking less than total ownership at a date yet to be agreed, all whilst getting a very attractive rate of interest from the plums that keep on giving.

0% ownership for the savers as at today, 100% for just the one fan. Plus a market beating return on capital.

You write about Hearts fans as if they are simple.

tamig
28-10-2016, 07:10 PM

The BBC is sadly chock full of establishment types who get paid regardless of quality as far as Scottish football is concerned.

I think it was Mark Wilson who mentioned hertz "fan ownership" scheme. I was hoping someone would pick him up on it but not a chance.

The FOH might get a suite in the new stand named after them. That will make it all worthwhile as the wait drags on for the transfer of their first share. 😀

Bostonhibby
28-10-2016, 08:06 PM
You write about Hearts fans as if they are simple.

It's really just a question of understanding your audience, apparently the yam types who post on the EEN site read here too so there's no point using big words and fancy finance chat like that nice Mr Romanov did.

I think it was Mark Wilson who mentioned hertz "fan ownership" scheme. I was hoping someone would pick him up on it but not a chance.

The FOH might get a suite in the new stand named after them. That will make it all worthwhile as the wait drags on for the transfer of their first share. ��

They'll be competing with the John Robertson Lounge I think - it's remarkable that all this time and money later that after their commendable efforts at rustling up even more money than Vlad stole from them last time they haven't even got a photocopy of a fake share certificate each and meantime they are further away from the much trumpeted ownership model.

Marco G
28-10-2016, 09:10 PM

And the web pages are written by journos too lazy or inexperienced to update anything below the top line. Far easier to rechurn.

O'Rourke3
28-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm going against the grain here but well done the Well. Their group has achieved their aims. While we are systematically buying shares that's the historical way of doing it. We own part of the club but that's even true at los ****bos... The interesting story is how they plan on handing over. Personally can't wait when those breasts go skywards as more capital projects are identified under necessity...Let's just quietly get on with the job. Being compared with Motherwell and Hearts in anything other than league placings is frankly demeaning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
28-10-2016, 09:33 PM

Quite.Some "handover".

Hibbyradge
28-10-2016, 09:37 PM
It's not important.

vuefrom1875
28-10-2016, 09:44 PM

Complaint sent.

Banging on a brick wall..B.B.C. WEGGIE SCOTLAND THINK THEY ARE THE CAPITAL!!!.....NEVER WILL BE!

Onceinawhile
28-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Just like Scott brown's highlights they posted earlier.

You would think he was a one club man.

Billy McKirdy
28-10-2016, 10:02 PM
On a happier note STV had a decent preview of the game tomorrow on its sports feature.

Andy74
28-10-2016, 10:15 PM
We didn't use whatever the body is that's supporting fan ownership. They are the ones that generally create the publicity on fan ownership and so we never get a mention.

lyonhibs
29-10-2016, 06:47 AM
Meh. I'm only bothered about seeing "W" in our last 5 games form thing on the BBC website, maybe the odd match report.

Apart from that, quite content to never see our name used or mentioned by the BBC or indeed Daily Record ever again.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Cheers for the update. So we're already two thirds of the way there and Save Hearts In Trouble still have nothing.

:confused:Is 33% not only 1/3 or have I missed something by not reading the whole thread?:greengrin I have said lots of times on various threads that I just can't buy into conspiracy against Hibs theories - however, every time I have seen/heard discussion on the news, or a sports-related programme, The Hearts 'in progress' scheme is always highlighted as a positive fan-owned initiative away ahead of their rivals. Now, I know little about corporate finance and share issues, and as I have said, not into these conspiratorial theories, I do however, find it challenging to rationalise at times. The best theory I have is that it is a regurgitating of Hearts PR copy without questioning its validity. Really pee-poor journalism IMHO

Renfrew_Hibby
29-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Well if you need 51% then 33% is virtually two thirds of the way there.

hibbysam
29-10-2016, 07:56 AM
:confused:Is 33% not only 1/3 or have I missed something by not reading the whole thread?:greengrin I have said lots of times on various threads that I just can't buy into conspiracy against Hibs theories - however, every time I have seen/heard discussion on the news, or a sports-related programme, The Hearts 'in progress' scheme is always highlighted as a positive fan-owned initiative away ahead of their rivals. Now, I know little about corporate finance and share issues, and as I have said, not into these conspiratorial theories, I do however, find it challenging to rationalise at times. The best theory I have is that it is a regurgitating of Hearts PR copy without questioning its validity. Really pee-poor journalism IMHO

Yes, but we are only looking to purchase 51% of shares, so 33% is 2/3 of our target.

greenginger
29-10-2016, 08:03 AM

33% is indeed 1/3 of the total share issue, but the target was for 52% fan ownership.

That leaves 19% to a acquire .

keep the faith
29-10-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm not really into the paranoia. It all makes us sound like the bigot brothers.
I don't think the BBC have any agenda against us and mentions or lack of is not an issue for me.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm not really into the paranoia. It all makes us sound like the bigot brothers.
I don't think the BBC have any agenda against us and mentions or lack of is not an issue for me.

Its worse than having an agenda though .... When the Currant Buns were in the championship they showed clips from their games and ours. As things stand we still have two out of Scotland's six biggest clubs in the Championship but it doesn't even get a mention, Clubs like us, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline are getting crowds bigger than half the Premiership, you would think that would at least merit some coverage for the Championship.

MrSmith
29-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Is it 1/3 of 100% or 1/3 of 52%?

If indeed 33% bought of the 52% available to fans then, that's remarkable :flag:

High-On-Hibs
29-10-2016, 10:10 AM
I find it funny how people hate the BBC because of their treatment of Hibs, when there are so many more reason to hate them.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2016, 10:12 AM
We should be used to getting ignored by the media on the fan ownership issue by now to be honest.

What worries me with ownership models like Motherwell is that its backed by such a small number of fans ... how can the club thrive and move forward with such a small number of fans contributing to it. If you ask me this is why Budge is thinking along the 25% model and that's getting a squeaky bum over a fans group that dwarves Motherwell's in size.

This is the same problem that we are going to face eventually ..... Its always possible to get the mega rich to put money into a company they will have total control over, its a lot harder to attract that kind of input in a company where it wont give the mega rich guy control. For most clubs outwith the giants an owner with more money than common sense is what keeps them able to punch above their weight instead of just trundling along 'surviving'

We have to be looking now at how we are going to address this problem .... if the Farmer family and RP are going to control 49% of Hibs after we reach 51% fan ownership, what will that mean to the club? Will STF or his family still be prepared to underwrite any losses? Will they step up to the plate if we ended up in a position where a million quid was needed to stop the stadium falling down? If not, where is that money going to come from? Am I as one of 3000 shareholders going to get a letter through the door saying 'we need every shareholder to anti up with £100 now or we go tits up'

We seriously need to find out ........ fail to prepare, prepare to fail as they say.

Renfrew_Hibby
29-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Is it 1/3 of 100% or 1/3 of 52%?

If indeed 33% bought of the 52% available to fans then, that's remarkable :flag:

It's 66% of the 51% needed is it not?
How on earth will the media cover it when it's achieved?
We need to be calling a major press conference, get Sir Tom down to front it. Sky would give it good coverage with the excellent Luke Shanley doing a top job. Surely the Beeb would have to at least mention it?

malcolm
29-10-2016, 10:13 AM
We didn't use whatever the body is that's supporting fan ownership. They are the ones that generally create the publicity on fan ownership and so we never get a mention.
Yes the big mistake is to think that the broadcast media are journalists when 'reporter' is closer to the truth - most of what you hear in the news is in response to press releases popping up in the reporter's inbox. Add in the element of tailoring reporting to a perceived audience and for example it makes football related sports reporting coming out of glasgow often unpalatable and mostly irrelevant to anyone outside that particular audience.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2016, 10:28 AM
33% is indeed 1/3 of the total share issue, but the target was for 52% fan ownership.

That leaves 19% to a acquire .

Ah, I get it - cheers to all who responded.:greengrin For some reason I was thinking that we need to be 100% fan-owned to 'officially' be like clubs such as https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._United_of_Manchester and erm Hertz. I now realise it's as long as we have the majority share. Mind you, I still like to think that even if we didn't reach the target of +50%, for a club the stature of Hibs, anything over a total third-owned by ordinary fans is a positive state to be in.

green day
29-10-2016, 10:49 AM
There was a thread a few weeks ago similar to this, and I think we all agree that the BBC, like a lot of outlets, are skint and usually regurgitate whatever a club PR sends them.

We know that Budge etc use this, and I am fairly sure that when we get back to the top division, we will use it to our advantage also.

We need to get back up though, no sense in moaning that "they dont pay attention to us" when we are still inthis sh**ey division.

As for Hearts -

They were told at a shareholder event (for guys that bought shares years ago) on thursday that they still have a £3M hole in the money to pay for the stand. They are exploring ways to fill it, debentures, 500 club and the like but are not sure how many times they can go the fans for money. Budge has already guaranteed the shortfall, hence they can start building without all the money in place.

Believe it or not, they actually think they own 'almost' as much of the club as we do, because they were told by hearts that those shares still mean something :confused:.

I did ask my mate to question what voting or financial value these "shares" had, but he didnt ask.

High-On-Hibs
29-10-2016, 11:33 AM
The BBC are anything but skint. The flow of cash just doesn't go where it's supposed to go.

hhibs
29-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I find it funny how people hate the BBC because of their treatment of Hibs, when there are so many more reason to hate them.

Indeed.

Eyrie
29-10-2016, 02:25 PM
We should be used to getting ignored by the media on the fan ownership issue by now to be honest.

What worries me with ownership models like Motherwell is that its backed by such a small number of fans ... how can the club thrive and move forward with such a small number of fans contributing to it. If you ask me this is why Budge is thinking along the 25% model and that's getting a squeaky bum over a fans group that dwarves Motherwell's in size.

This is the same problem that we are going to face eventually ..... Its always possible to get the mega rich to put money into a company they will have total control over, its a lot harder to attract that kind of input in a company where it wont give the mega rich guy control. For most clubs outwith the giants an owner with more money than common sense is what keeps them able to punch above their weight instead of just trundling along 'surviving'

We have to be looking now at how we are going to address this problem .... if the Farmer family and RP are going to control 49% of Hibs after we reach 51% fan ownership, what will that mean to the club? Will STF or his family still be prepared to underwrite any losses? Will they step up to the plate if we ended up in a position where a million quid was needed to stop the stadium falling down? If not, where is that money going to come from? Am I as one of 3000 shareholders going to get a letter through the door saying 'we need every shareholder to anti up with £100 now or we go tits up'

We seriously need to find out ........ fail to prepare, prepare to fail as they say.

I asked HSL on here if they would keep collecting money after all the shares had been purchased and their response (http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/faq.html) was

15.* Once the £2.5m has been raised, will HSL continue to seek the annual membership fee? If so, will this be done with a view to a subsequent share issue? If not, how will membership be determined?
No. HSL can only collect funds if there are shares to buy. Membership is for life subject to meeting the Membership criteria

However the club could continue to issue further shares if HSL wants to continue, or HSL could convert to simply being a fundraiser to either provide ongoing cash to support the team or alternatively build up a reserve for a major project eg refurbishing a stand. At the moment I think the money that Save Hearts In Trouble are putting into their club to subsidise its running costs are simply a donation rather than a loan, and certainly not for any shareholding.

offshorehibby
29-10-2016, 04:33 PM
However the club could continue to issue further shares if HSL wants to continue, or HSL could convert to simply being a fundraiser to either provide ongoing cash to support the team or alternatively build up a reserve for a major project eg refurbishing a stand. At the moment I think the money that Save Hearts In Trouble are putting into their club to subsidise its running costs are simply a donation rather than a loan, and certainly not for any shareholding.[/QUOTE]

That's always the way i saw it going after we had purchased all the shares.

chrisski33
29-10-2016, 04:36 PM
naaaaa they are just stupid as just said on the 5.30 news that we beat Dunfermline 3-1 today to go clearf at the top of the league!

ancient hibee
29-10-2016, 05:29 PM
I asked HSL on here if they would keep collecting money after all the shares had been purchased and their response (http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/faq.html) was

However the club could continue to issue further shares if HSL wants to continue, or HSL could convert to simply being a fundraiser to either provide ongoing cash to support the team or alternatively build up a reserve for a major project eg refurbishing a stand. At the moment I think the money that Save Hearts In Trouble are putting into their club to subsidise its running costs are simply a donation rather than a loan, and certainly not for any shareholding.

The majority of fans shares are held by individuals not through HSL.

ancient hibee
29-10-2016, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;4847131]We should be used to getting ignored by the media on the fan ownership issue by now to be honest.

We seriously need to find out ........ fail to prepare, prepare to fail as they say.[/QUOTE

I think this is a major problem.Might be better if the fan buyout ran out of steam at 49percent.

Jonnyboy
29-10-2016, 07:46 PM
According to BBC Radio Scotland's news report tonight, we went top of the league after beating Dunfermline 3-1 :shocked:

Famous Fiver
29-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Yeah. I heard that on the way home too!!

Wondered if I had just dreamt the last week and was pretty sure that we had just beaten St Mirren and was on my way home from ER and not East End Park!!!

If it was on the BBC it must be true.

Maybe the clocks won't go back until next week!!!

Bostonhibby
29-10-2016, 08:01 PM
According to BBC Radio Scotland's news report tonight, we went top of the league after beating Dunfermline 3-1 :shocked:
Great, if we keep beating them 3-1 every week until May we will definitely get out this league.

I hope we get them in every round of the cup as well. I really need to start paying attention to BBC sport again.

Eyrie
29-10-2016, 09:29 PM
The majority of fans shares are held by individuals not through HSL.

It's fan ownership either way - doesn't have to be exclusively individuals or HSL.

ferry hibby
29-10-2016, 09:32 PM

Heard this as well. Perhaps bbc clocks are going back a week rather than just one hour

29-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Tinpot shower. Cancelled my license a year or two ago after their indyref coverage.

vuefrom1875
30-10-2016, 12:17 AM

BBC weggie tramps!

monktonharp
30-10-2016, 12:32 AM
naaaaa they are just stupid as just said on the 5.30 news that we beat Dunfermline 3-1 today to go clearf at the top of the league!that sums them up for me. irrelevant in modern day Scotland. no reasonable person believes them anymore. call me paranoid if you like

Phil MaGlass
30-10-2016, 05:53 AM

I dont think they hate the BBC solely for that, maybe, because the impartial BBC took sides before, during and after the Referendum, that it still sticks in folks throats, it still certainly sticks in mine, BBC assholes.

where'stheslope
30-10-2016, 08:42 AM
What I don't get in all this fans ownership is.
Who will run the Clubs, it can't be fans( they argue black and white about everything)?
Will it be someone within the club at this time?
Will it be an elected General Manager?
Will it be a Fans Forum?
Everything is going forward at a pace, but in the end who holds the keys????

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2016, 08:46 AM
We have highlights of English Woman's football on BBC Scotland but no coverage of the Championship, League 1 or League 2. Disgrace.

HappyHanlon
30-10-2016, 08:52 AM
A scourge of a company that employed paedos and perverts and hid the truth.

Glad we ain't on bbc anymore. Long may it continue. If you want highlights subscribe to HTV.

Carheenlea
30-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Fortunately we now live in an age where we don't have to solely rely on the BBC as our only media source. I didn't expect Hibs to receive much MSM coverage this season, even with a high profile manager, but never have I had more information about our club at just a click away.

banarc7062
30-10-2016, 08:58 AM

Sower o fuds

Treat them all with the contempt they desereve and ignore them. As our Hibs family know....there is class then there is HIBS Class. GGTTH:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2016, 01:44 PM
What I don't get in all this fans ownership is.
Who will run the Clubs, it can't be fans( they argue black and white about everything)?
Will it be someone within the club at this time?
Will it be an elected General Manager?
Will it be a Fans Forum?
Everything is going forward at a pace, but in the end who holds the keys????

Pretty sure the club will be run by a CEO with an elected chairperson at the very top ....... I would imagine that the situation would be up for debate at every AGM .... we will not run the club where every decision is up for a vote, it would be chaos. The big Spanish clubs elect a president, though I'm not sure how often this happens. German clubs also elect their officials.

I would love to see Hibs become a St Pauli or Union Berlin .............. two clubs that are so indivisible from their fans that they truly are community clubs where the fans are so engaged they fill the ground every home game no matter how poorly the team is performing, because the fans are the club.

Hamish
06-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Complaint sent.Thank you for getting in touch.

I understand you are unhappy that Hibernian were not mentioned as part of a report on ownership in Scottish football.

The BBC aims to show the reality and provide a forum for discussion on issues, giving full opportunity for all sides of the debate to be heard and explored. Our editors ensure that over a reasonable period of time we reflect the range of significant views, opinions and trends on particular issues, but it's important to add here that our published Editorial Guidelines explain that not every issue or viewpoint necessarily has to be included in each individual report.

Account needs to be taken of the way a subject is covered over a period of time; perfect balance is difficult to achieve on every single individual occasion, while overall it is a more achievable goal taking into account our coverage as a whole over a period of time.

I can assure you that your complaint has been registered and circulated to the BBC Sport team on our daily Audience Feedback Report. This report is also seen by senior management and helps to shape future broadcasting and policy decisions made by the BBC.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us about this.

Kind regards

Hugh Dignan

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

GreenT
06-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Sower o fuds

Questioned the BBC on why no mention Hibs and yet they mention Hearts who do not have fan ownership. Here is the reply!!

Thank you for contacting us to raise your concerns about BBC Sport.
I understand you feel we have failed to provide any coverage concerning Hibernian FC fan ownership.
The following article, published in February 2016 on the BBC Sport Website, discusses the progress of Hibernian FC's new fan ownership model:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35662714
In the past, we also provided coverage of the announcement of the plan and what it would mean for the club:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624431
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30817663
Nonetheless, I appreciate you may still feel this issue is not given enough coverage in our output.
We know that not everyone will agree with our choices on which stories to cover, and the prominence that we give to them. These decisions are made by our sports news editors, taking into consideration the editorial merit of the stories at hand, and we accept that not everyone will think that we are correct on each occasion.
Therefore, please be assured, we appreciate your feedback on this issue and I have passed your comments forward on a report which will be read by senior BBC management.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Kind regards
Emma Duff
BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Argylehibby
06-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Questioned the BBC on why no mention Hibs and yet they mention Hearts who do not have fan ownership. Here is the reply!!

Thank you for contacting us to raise your concerns about BBC Sport.
I understand you feel we have failed to provide any coverage concerning Hibernian FC fan ownership.
The following article, published in February 2016 on the BBC Sport Website, discusses the progress of Hibernian FC's new fan ownership model:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35662714
In the past, we also provided coverage of the announcement of the plan and what it would mean for the club:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624431
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30817663
Nonetheless, I appreciate you may still feel this issue is not given enough coverage in our output.
We know that not everyone will agree with our choices on which stories to cover, and the prominence that we give to them. These decisions are made by our sports news editors, taking into consideration the editorial merit of the stories at hand, and we accept that not everyone will think that we are correct on each occasion.
Therefore, please be assured, we appreciate your feedback on this issue and I have passed your comments forward on a report which will be read by senior BBC management.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Kind regards
Emma Duff
BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

They don't seem to get the point that it's the editorial decisions that's the issue. The fact the editors choose to ignore our far higher percentage of fan ownership every time they talk about the subject.

Brussel Patepy
06-11-2016, 10:15 AM
There's a lot of jealousy towards Hibs because we're classier than everybody else as a club. There's an aura about Hibs that other clubs don't have and no matter how many times they call themselves "The famous" or "Best fans in the world" they will never radiate as bright as Hibernian F.C.

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Just stop listening guys. I have and now I don't get angry at them 😁👍🏼

I always imagine that Preston sits there in his Y-Fronts thrashing himself while watching Hearts games. While wee Chick is sucking off the Rangers bench before his updates!

Bostonhibby
06-11-2016, 10:24 AM
The BBC Scotland gang are basically saying thank you for having the temerity to complain, here is a partial answer without actually acknowledging how far Hibernian fans have progressed. Now please go away and let us carry on with our agenda of trivializing or ignoring what you do and getting on with the rebuilding of the images of Scotland's two financial basket cases the rangers and the poppy thieves.

Bostonhibby
06-11-2016, 12:01 PM
There's a lot of jealousy towards Hibs because we're classier than everybody else as a club. There's an aura about Hibs that other clubs don't have and no matter how many times they call themselves "The famous" or "Best fans in the world" they will never radiate as bright as Hibernian F.C.
Agree, paying your bills and fans buying a share because they want to rather than having to clearly isn't worth proper recognition or newsworthy.

Bostonhibby
06-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Just stop listening guys. I have and now I don't get angry at them 😁👍🏼

I always imagine that Preston sits there in his Y-Fronts thrashing himself while watching Hearts games. While wee Chick is sucking off the Rangers bench before his updates!
On reflection, you're right. It's a bit like complaining that Jimmy saville won't give you a Jim'll fix it badge.

CentreLine
06-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Nice touch at the end of Sortscene this evening. Presenter bloke congratulated Hibs Ladies for their cup win and mentioned it's a good year for Hibs fans. Specifically mentioned Hibs fan Andy Murray now being World No.1

Maybe the protest letters have hit a raw nerve. Maybe not. But credit where credit's due. Nice to get a positive mention on BBC for a change.

DavieRoy
06-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Will they put us in their Sports Personality of the Year montage? Will we be in for Team of the year? I bet they mention the Chicago Cubs!

High-On-Hibs
06-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Will they put us in their Sports Personality of the Year montage? Will we be in for Team of the year? I bet they mention the Chicago Cubs!

More likely to be The Rangers and their Petrofac Cup.

Eyrie
06-11-2016, 10:26 PM
More likely to be The Rangers and their Petrofac Cup.

To be fair we've won the Scottish Cup before, whilst that was Sevco's first ever cup. Besides that, the BBC will be terrified that we'll invade the studio if we get mentioned and there won't be any West of Scotland FC fans around to rescue the presenters.