PDA

View Full Version : Conor Sammon

Mikey09
28-10-2016, 10:09 AM
When Hawrts were signing this lad I argued with my maroon work mates that he was pish. I got the usual responses from supporters of The Famous. I didn't realise he was signed on a 3 year deal though!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

A THREE YEAR DEAL!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

JDHibs
28-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Was speaking to my mates after the Killie game and they told me that their strikers only have 3 league goals between them so far this season.

Sammon and Watt arent natural goalscorers although i thought both of them would do well up here.

Weird to see that Neilson is under pressure even though they are sitting pretty high up the league table. Although it became apparent last season against us that hes very tactically inept and doesnt have a clue how to change things.

howdenthehibby
28-10-2016, 10:14 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
when hawrts were signing this lad i argued with my maroon work mates that he was pish. I got the usual responses from supporters of the famous. I didn't realise he was signed on a 3 year deal though!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

A three year deal!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

howdenthehibby
28-10-2016, 10:21 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

andrew70
28-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Was speaking to my mates after the Killie game and they told me that their strikers only have 3 league goals between them so far this season.

Sammon and Watt arent natural goalscorers although i thought both of them would do well up here.

Weird to see that Neilson is under pressure even though they are sitting pretty high up the league table. Although it became apparent last season against us that hes very tactically inept and doesnt have a clue how to change things.

Probably because he's not allowed to. Levein is very obviously the one calling the shots.

Neilson is nothing more than a puppet and not a very good one at that.

Steve20
28-10-2016, 10:36 AM
When Hawrts were signing this lad I argued with my maroon work mates that he was pish. I got the usual responses from supporters of The Famous. I didn't realise he was signed on a 3 year deal though!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

He's not pish. He's a decent SPL player. No more, no less.

Smartie
28-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Forget this "goals" nonsense.

Does anyone know how many headed clearances Sammon and Watt have made in their own box from opposition set-pieces?

matty_f
28-10-2016, 10:50 AM

He's pish.

hibsmad
28-10-2016, 11:33 AM

Their fans have been pretty happy over the last few years. After they won the cup they had what they felt was the injustice of being relegated, but they got behind their team, the club was saved and Budge the saviour was going to take them on to greater things. They had a relatively enjoyable season in the championship given that they cruised it with Hibs and Rangers both in there as well. They were promoted and enjoyed rubbing it in to us that we were still down here.

Two things then happened. First, we won the cup, beating them along the way, and this has sickened them (despite what any of them tell you!) Secondly, the standard of football they are watching is getting lower. It's still decent but not what they are used to now that they don't spend money they don't have. And all this while their bank accounts continue to be hit by monthly direct debits.

Neilson is simply paying the price for the fans unrealistic expectations.

Tobias Funke
28-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Pish.

He is pish.

Waxy
28-10-2016, 11:52 AM
He's Colin Nish.

Allant1981
28-10-2016, 12:02 PM

The guy isnt the best lets be fair, he has scored 66 goals in 337 games which isnt exactly a great return

Callyballybe
28-10-2016, 12:15 PM

"The Famous"

Urgh. I know your saying it sarcastically and I'm not attacking you personally for using it.

However, the audacity of them giving themselves that nickname (I assume no one else did!) and actually using it is probably the most cringeworthy thing I've ever heard.

KeithTheHibby
28-10-2016, 12:17 PM

He's Jimmy White and a typical yam forward.

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2016, 01:00 PM

He is absolute *****

northstandhibby
28-10-2016, 01:29 PM
"The Famous"

Urgh. I know your saying it sarcastically and I'm not attacking you personally for using it.

However, the audacity of them giving themselves that nickname (I assume no one else did!) and actually using it is probably the most cringeworthy thing I've ever heard.

It is utterly baffling how the yams could nickname their selves 'the famous'.

It's just ridiculous.

:dunno:

GGTTH

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-10-2016, 01:45 PM

It's just ridiculous.

GGTTH

And they call us deluded ! [emoji471]

Hamish
28-10-2016, 02:11 PM

I agree. At start of season would have been quite happy if we had signed Sammon

northstandhibby
28-10-2016, 02:11 PM
And they call us deluded ! [emoji471]

:aok:

Spot on. Now if they had called them selves 'The Infamous' i think most of us would have agreed with them on account of their stealing cups and bumping all and sundry.

'The Infamous' now there is a suitable nickname for the yams.

GGTTH

Thecat23
28-10-2016, 02:24 PM

But he's not! He's not good enough even at that level.

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2016, 02:30 PM
My Jambo next door neighbour Alan hates him with passion, a bile that is now creeping towards Neilson and will end up with the Queen of Hearts herself.

The business model for Hearts -especially WHEN we're back next season- is for 5th/6th placed SPL club at the best. This ain't enough for Gorgie expectations, fattened on 30 years overspending.

Geo_1875
28-10-2016, 02:48 PM

He's their Rowan Vine but he's a big lad so Levein.... sorry, Neilson will continue to pick him.

proud_and_green
28-10-2016, 03:01 PM
watched part of the Killie game on Alba last night. Hearts were absolutely awful. Their tactics when out of possession is a spoiling game and in possession wild hopeful punts up the park. They don't seem to have a clue about where other players are or how to pass the ball let alone measure one. I felt that their keeper, Hamilton, was probably their best player on the park saved them a few times - the rest were shocking. I think their position in the league is a false one and they will start to suffer shortly.

Treadstone
28-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Sammon had a terrific first half of season 2010-2011. He got a good move on the back of it. Looking overall at his career that was an outlier and he's been overvalued and overpaid since.

A mediocre player.

Pete
28-10-2016, 03:37 PM
watched part of the Killie game on Alba last night. Hearts were absolutely awful. Their tactics when out of possession is a spoiling game and in possession wild hopeful punts up the park. They don't seem to have a clue about where other players are or how to pass the ball let alone measure one. I felt that their keeper, Hamilton, was probably their best player on the park saved them a few times - the rest were shocking. I think their position in the league is a false one and they will start to suffer shortly.

I watched part of it too and Hearts were dire. Even though they won against bottom of the table Dundee last week , they were apparently played
off the park.
The hearts fans I know aren't happy with the football and think the dressing room is an unhappy place for some reason. It can only be a matter of time before the bigots start piping up again and start the wacky stunts like hiring planes.

As for Sammon, Grant Holt has more ability in his big toe. I really hope we get them in the cup so we can continue our habit of putting them out.

Thecat23
28-10-2016, 03:51 PM
I agree. At start of season would have been quite happy if we had signed Sammon

Really? Based on what if you don't mind me asking? He's slow can't header a ball and can't hold up the ball. Very, very poor player.

Although Watt isn't scoring I'd have him any day of the week over the Sammon.

Hamish
28-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Really? Based on what if you don't mind me asking? He's slow can't header a ball and can't hold up the ball. Very, very poor player.

Although Watt isn't scoring I'd have him any day of the week over the Sammon.

I was going by his scoring record with Killie. Realise that was a while ago but would have been a risk worth taking considering his age and the division we are in. I agree Watt would have been decent as well.

This was all before we signed Holt and Graham though.

Allant1981
28-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I was going by his scoring record with Killie. Realise that was a while ago but would have been a risk worth taking considering his age and the division we are in. I agree Watt would have been decent as well.

He only scored 17 goals in almost 70 games for killie

Jumbo
28-10-2016, 04:22 PM

His last season was only time he had decent scoring record at Killie, they thought they'd won the lotttery when Wigan came in for him !

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Sammon had a terrific first half of season 2010-2011. He got a good move on the back of it. Looking overall at his career that was an outlier and he's been overvalued and overpaid since.

A mediocre player.

This post encapsulates Sammon to the extent that we no longer need to waste time discussing, only ridiculing, his 'abilities'.

Deansy
28-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Their fans have been pretty happy over the last few years. After they won the cup they had what they felt was the injustice of being relegated, but they got behind their team, the club was saved and Budge the saviour was going to take them on to greater things. They had a relatively enjoyable season in the championship given that they cruised it with Hibs and Rangers both in there as well. They were promoted and enjoyed rubbing it in to us that we were still down here.

Two things then happened. First, we won the cup, beating them along the way, and this has sickened them (despite what any of them tell you!) Secondly, the standard of football they are watching is getting lower. It's still decent but not what they are used to now that they don't spend money they don't have. And all this while their bank accounts continue to be hit by monthly direct debits.

Neilson is simply paying the price for the fans unrealistic expectations.

Not forgetting that they've been lucky since Budge saved them, the team hasn't hit a really bad-patch since that but they will do - so looking forward to that !

hfc rd
28-10-2016, 04:37 PM

It's the reason why no club down south touted him for their vacant managerial roles while Stubbs was getting linked with every single managerial vacancy down south.

Thecat23
28-10-2016, 06:07 PM

That's fair enough. 👍🏼

EastCalderHibby
28-10-2016, 06:33 PM

It's just ridiculous.

GGTTH

we know what they are famous for but the sewer dwellers dont like to talk about that stuff

Bostonhibby
28-10-2016, 06:41 PM
My Jambo next door neighbour Alan hates him with passion, a bile that is now creeping towards Neilson and will end up with the Queen of Hearts herself.

The business model for Hearts -especially WHEN we're back next season- is for 5th/6th placed SPL club at the best. This ain't enough for Gorgie expectations, fattened on 30 years overspending.
This is the crux of it. Unless neilson can find thirty or forty million of someone else's money that isn't refundable he's out.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
28-10-2016, 06:48 PM
This is the crux of it. Unless neilson can find thirty or forty million of someone else's money that isn't refundable he's out.

That's why Save Hearts In Trouble are paying their direct debits every month. They're getting nothing out of it except a warm feeling and a note in the accounts that Budge is taking 6.2% interest from them.

Killiehibbie
28-10-2016, 06:53 PM
He looked decent in his last season with Killie when Mixu was manager and he was in the gym most days building up his strength. Scored against Celtic at night and was in the gym at 730 next morning.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2016, 06:57 PM
That's why Save Hearts In Trouble are paying their direct debits every month. They're getting nothing out of it except a warm feeling and a note in the accounts that Budge is taking 6.2% interest from them.
I'd finance it myself at that rate as long as I knew that, like the good lady, the only one that could move the goalposts was me.

Jonnyboy
28-10-2016, 07:20 PM

I see what you did there :wink:

Actually they are asking fans to send cheques payable to 'Calling All Hearts Supporters' with an instruction to just use the initials in the Pay To line :greengrin

greenlex
28-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Actually they are asking fans to send cheques payable to 'Calling All Hearts Supporters' with an instruction to just use the initials in the Pay To line :greengrin

Nearly 😎

lapsedhibee
28-10-2016, 09:24 PM

A guy called Chas is trying to con them now?

Jonnyboy
28-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Nearly 😎

A guy called Chas is trying to con them now?

Bugger :greengrin

CraigHibee
28-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Hearts have been done up like a kipper with that signing

Stax
28-10-2016, 10:04 PM
He's Colin Nish.
Nah your taking the pish, big Nishy was nowhere near as pish as Conor Sammon, he on the other hand truly is Colin Nish.

Eyrie
28-10-2016, 10:41 PM

:greengrin

Sadly, it's never caught on. Don't think yours will either judging by the reaction!

poolman
28-10-2016, 11:28 PM
I drink in the Diggers and have some great banter with the Yams I know

But they are all agreed that Sammon is totally bouf

Vault Boy
29-10-2016, 03:22 AM
Conor Sammon is bald

Pete
29-10-2016, 04:51 AM
Pish.

He is pish.

He's single fish.

Bostonhibby
29-10-2016, 08:25 AM
He's single fish.
[emoji106]

He's not even a proper salmon.

emerald green
29-10-2016, 12:05 PM

I didn't see the game (I wouldn't watch Hearts on TV anyway) but if this is an accurate assessment of Hearts what does this say about the standard of Scottish football, considering they would have gone second in our top league, had they won against Kilmarnock?

emerald green
29-10-2016, 12:07 PM
He's Jimmy White and a typical yam forward.

He's Tom Kite.