PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown back for Scotland

Off the bar
28-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Article on the BBC now suggesting he'll be back for the England game!

He's looked good for celtc this year, but surely you're in or out? You can't just pick and choose when and whether to play for Scotland.

Off the bar
28-10-2016, 07:01 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37796525

JDHibs
28-10-2016, 07:03 AM
If he plays like hes is for Celtic at the moment then id let him pick and choose.

To good a player to leave out on his day.

That being said, i doubt he will come back.

h1bee123
28-10-2016, 07:05 AM
I think his presence was missed from the last couple of Scotland games and he could help us take control of the midfield in some games but not sure how much effect he will have against England. He was brilliant at the weekend against Rangers.

pacoluna
28-10-2016, 07:17 AM
Think it would have been Strahan who asked him due to snoddy being injured.

hfc rd
28-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Thankfully now means no Barry Bannan in the midfield.

Big_Franck
28-10-2016, 07:25 AM
On last season's form I'd say he'd make no difference whatsoever. However, on the form he's in at the moment it'd be a huge plus to have him back.

andrew70
28-10-2016, 07:36 AM
On last season's form I'd say he'd make no difference whatsoever. However, on the form he's in at the moment it'd be a huge plus to have him back.

Brown is Scotland's best midfielder by a long-way however his form of late is surely aided by the fact he's now able to rest during international weeks.

allezsauzee
28-10-2016, 07:40 AM
To be fair to Scott, if he felt he was genuinely struggling physically last season it might have seemed like a good decision to retire. Going by his performances this season that's definitely not the case now.

frazeHFC
28-10-2016, 07:49 AM
He's been great this season, id take an off form Scott Brown over Barry Bannan anyway.

Highland_Hibee
28-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Get him in. If anyone is gonna put a fight in midfield it is Broony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
28-10-2016, 08:30 AM
If strachan has gone begging it just shows how far we have dropped. If a player says he doesnt want to play then he's out and we move on. Very poor from the SFA.

Coults1875
28-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Get him in. If anyone is gonna put a fight in midfield it is Broony.

This!

Carheenlea
28-10-2016, 08:34 AM
If Strachan was manager of any other nation, he would be likely have been asked to clear his desk after the start to this campaign. Let him have the chance to go to Wembley and now we'll get Scott Brown back out of retirement for a Wembley trip. No wonder so many are losing interest with our national side.

GreenCastle
28-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Surely we aren't getting excited over Brown returning ?!

Bottom line is England are pants but Scotland are worse and will lose both games. Scotland are also not going to a knockout tournament any time soon sadly until they change the structure in this country and we produce better players.

Not negative - just reality.

overdrive
28-10-2016, 08:55 AM
To be fair to Scott, if he felt he was genuinely struggling physically last season it might have seemed like a good decision to retire. Going by his performances this season that's definitely not the case now.

His performances this season could be due, at least in part, to his decision to retire from international football though.

Mikey09
28-10-2016, 09:25 AM
This'll give the likes of McGinn a right confidence boost eh?! Don't get me wrong I like Scott a lot but he made his decision and Strachan should now be looking at McGinn etc to take us forward. Very strange management.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2016, 09:48 AM
come on back Broonaldo

stantonhibby
28-10-2016, 10:52 AM
If strachan has gone begging it just shows how far we have dropped. If a player says he doesnt want to play then he's out and we move on. Very poor from the SFA.

Indeed. We needed him more against Lithuania and Slovakia.

Smartie
28-10-2016, 10:54 AM
TBH I've thought that we've really missed drive, leadership and a talisman over the past few games. A guy to roll up the sleeves and get in about it - exactly what Scott Brown would bring.

Scotland aren't a bad side. By getting Brown in there and playing Griffiths we'd be a substantially better team.

No, it's not a move for the future but a couple of decent results and we've still got a chance of qualification.

If we're going to get a result at Wembley, I think we need him.

If he's even remotely interested, get him in.

WeeRussell
28-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Plenty players reverse retirement decisions - why is it we're now referring to it as 'Picking and choosing'? Messi done a very similar thing earlier in the year.

Think I would have him in the squad at least, if now available. But then again I wouldn't have Strachan picking the squad so what do I know.

sambajustice
28-10-2016, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't bother now if I was Brown, it's too late, groups gone and no chance of qualifying, England and Slovenia will murder us and Brown will just put himself through unnecessary hassle

KeithTheHibby
28-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Never did Fergie any harm going back to Scholes a couple of years ago did it?

We have looked piss poor in midfield last couple of games and surely have Brown in there instead of lightweights like Bannan is a good thing.

Brightside
28-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Never did Fergie any harm going back to Scholes a couple of years ago did it?

We have looked piss poor in midfield last couple of games and surely have Brown in there instead of lightweights like Bannan is a good thing.

Its ruined the future build of Man Utd - hence why they are currently a shambles...same goes for Scotland.

ancient hibee
28-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Its ruined the future build of Man Utd - hence why they are currently a shambles...same goes for Scotland.
There's no build for the future in football,it's all here and now which is what the fans want.

SpaceBob
28-10-2016, 03:31 PM
A lot of folk on this thread watch way to many Celtic games to give opinion about Scott Browns form.

Diclonius
28-10-2016, 03:50 PM
"Haw, Gordon, any chance you can give me a run out in the England game? Cheers."

WeeRussell
28-10-2016, 05:06 PM

I'm all for having a go at the SFA but are you blaming them as well as strachan, if he's "gone begging"? I blame them in general for keeping strachan on as gaffer but not sure this incident is anything to do with them if he is in charge!

I also wouldn't blame man u's current state on Paul scholes!!

Keith_M
28-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Maybe playing the so-called minnows didn't interest him..... but he's happy enough to play in the high profile games?

WeeRussell
28-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Maybe playing the so-called minnows didn't interest him..... but he's happy enough to play in the high profile games?

Severely doubt it. Seems a bit extreme to pretend to retire just for that. He always knew the Wembley game was coming and when it was.

Highland_Hibee
29-10-2016, 12:11 AM
England are pish but we are next level pish. Can't see why anyone wouldn't wanna see Broony come out of retirement just to kick a few of them at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk