PDA

View Full Version : St Pats Hibs club 25 year anniversary of skol cup win

ronaldo7
27-10-2016, 11:14 PM
A fantastic night was had by all this evening at the Hibs club, where the team that wouldn't die made an appearance.

Some great stories from players and backroom staff, and all superbly organised by the St Pat's committee. Thank you.

The Scottish cup made an appearance too.:aok:

oldbutdim
27-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Fantastic night.
These St Pat gadgies surely know how to get things done.

Great atmosphere and the pies were far better than those available at ER.

Blaster
27-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Fantastic night.

It was a great night and well done to all who organised. Fantastic night

May I ask a question without appearing rude to the branch. Why don't the branch run buses to away games? With such a turnout tonight I was surprised to hear they don't

My personal belief was supporters branches were there to primarily get their members to games

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2016, 11:32 PM
It was a great night and well done to all who organised. Fantastic night

May I ask a question without appearing rude to the branch. Why don't the branch run buses to away games? With such a turnout tonight I was surprised to hear they don't

My personal belief was supporters branches were there to primarily get their members to games

Not a rude question Blaster. We do run buses to games, sometimes getting together with the Hibees Bounce. I had the pleasure of being bus convener on 1 of our 2 buses to the Cup Final this year and what an experience that was. One of the highlights of the day was taking a detour along Gorgie Road on the way home:greengrin

You're right though, what a brilliant night tonight was, and how good was Luke Shanley of Sky Sports:not worth

Blaster
27-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Not a rude question Blaster. We do run buses to games, sometimes getting together with the Hibees Bounce. I had the pleasure of being bus convener on 1 of our 2 buses to the Cup Final this year and what an experience that was. One of the highlights of the day was taking a detour along Gorgie Road on the way home:greengrin

You're right though, what a brilliant night tonight was, and how good was Luke Shanley of Sky Sports:not worth

Cheers for the reply mate 👍
Great night and Luke shanley was absolutely superb.

ronaldo7
27-10-2016, 11:46 PM

Immense. Always looking to keep the conversation going and his one liners were brilliant. Well done Luke.:aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-10-2016, 06:51 AM
You're right though, what a brilliant night tonight was, and how good was Luke Shanley of Sky Sports:not worth[/QUOTE]

Ken his auld man...mega Hibby...:agree:

3pm
28-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Luke's question to Brian Hamilton broight the hoose down! Hamilton took it in good spirit and spoke really well.

He did look nervous walking in though!

Jonnyboy
28-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Fantastic night.

Yep, top marks to the St Pat's committee. Was a brilliant night with lots of laughs and interesting stories from the players and coaches. Luke did a grand job and the pies were yummy :greengrin

vuefrom1875
28-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Fantastic night.

Willie Miller,Tommy Mcintyre,Geebsy,Murdo,Brian Hamilton,Mickey,Keef,Gareth Evans,Mark McGraw,Super Joe,Dave Beaumont,Alex Miller,Martin Ferguson,Patrick Stanton,take a bow gents,a fantastic night,punctuated with stories,dressing room banter,marvellous highights of that day 25yrs ago and a very large appreciative audience.Special mention to all the St.Pat's officials who did a sterling job putting this altogether.And lastly,but certainly not least,the Superb Luke Shanley who was brilliant on the night.Well Done All.

The Harp Awakes
28-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Yep, top marks to the St Pat's committee. Was a brilliant night with lots of laughs and interesting stories from the players and coaches. Luke did a grand job and the pies were yummy :greengrin

Aye, some memorable comments and one liners from the players and Manager.

I thought Alex Miller came across particularly well. I was never that keen on his style of football at the time but he clearly had the respect of the players. His mentioning of the stand off between Wallace Mercer and Sir Tom Farmer during Mercer's take over bid was particularly interesting - Sir Tom just told Mercer to go away as he had far more money than him:top marks

Peevemor
28-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Aye, some memorable comments and one liners from the players and Manager.

I thought Alex Miller came across particularly well. I was never that keen on his style of football at the time but he clearly had the respect of the players. His mentioning of the stand off between Wallace Mercer and Sir Tom Farmer during Mercer's take over bid was particularly interesting - Sir Tom just told Mercer to go away as he had far more money than him:top marks

I went to a club 86 dinner to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the 72 League Cup win. Alex Miller was still manager and I has exactly the same sentiment as you at the time.

superfurryhibby
28-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Luke's question to Brian Hamilton broight the hoose down! Hamilton took it in good spirit and spoke really well.

He did look nervous walking in though!

What did he ask?

Sounds like a brilliant night, will there be footage on the St Pat's website?

Blaster
28-10-2016, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=superfurryhibby;4846290]What did he ask?

Sounds like a brilliant night, will there be footage on the St Pat's website

So Brian coming back into Edinburgh after winning the cup must have been brilliant. I guess the first question I need to ask you.......

Why the **** did you sign for hearts 😂😂😂😂

vuefrom1875
28-10-2016, 12:02 PM
What did he ask?

Sounds like a brilliant night, will there be footage on the St Pat's website?

Yes I think some footage will be available.

scoopyboy
28-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Brilliant night, well co-ordinated by Luke Shanley.

The whole shebang was being videod.

green with envy
28-10-2016, 01:43 PM
A fantastic night was had by all this evening at the Hibs club, where the team that wouldn't die made an appearance.

Some great stories from players and backroom staff, and all superbly organised by the St Pat's committee. Thank you.

The Scottish cup made an appearance too.:aok:

This!

Nothing more to add apart from when Luke Shanley said that this will make a change from talking about Joey fu**in' Barton. Comedy gold at the time.

tigerted
28-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes, the evening was videod and will appear soon for viewing. We may just have to edit it a little, so that no-one takes offence! 😇

Stantons Angel
28-10-2016, 07:21 PM
A well organised night out and so good to see so many of that team turn out or the evening.

Luke was brilliant and is an ever impressionable young man. (cut out the swearing tho)

He used to travel with his mum on Maudes bus with me many moons ago, she would be telling everyone how wonderful he is because of her!!

Thought young Mickey came over very well and he spoke with a passion about his team and his club.

Its just a shame that winning that other cup this year has put this achievement in the background, none the less a wonderful effort after a very difficult time.