PDA

View Full Version : Barton in limbo...

Wee Effen Bee
27-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Rangers becoming more of a laughing stock than ever? Barton remains suspended indefinitely according to Sky. Just can't see him pulling on that blue jersey in anger again.

davemcbain
27-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Aye but most of the hun supporters think that's just a big car.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Rangers becoming more of a laughing stock than ever? Barton remains suspended indefinitely according to Sky. Just can't see him pulling on that blue jersey in anger again.

Want to bet on that?

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2016, 06:05 PM
If I was Barton, I wouldn't be in a hurry to break contract at 34. Take the wedge and build up media contacts for punditry work, promote the book etc. Maybe enroll in some courses at the local college. Do a bit of traveling.

Let Johnny Hun take the strain.

magpie1892
27-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Admin: poss. change title thread to 'Barton in clover'?

2nd hand info from St J's return north east last night with Tommy Wright absolutely raging that they didn't get the win. The only player spared the rod was D. Swanson.

Renfrew_Hibby
27-10-2016, 07:29 PM

Think we might see Barton back in the team once the bread /f*nny hat man gets the sack.

Kato
27-10-2016, 07:37 PM
How low can he go?

BroxburnHibee
27-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Admin: poss. change title thread to 'Barton in clover'?

2nd hand info from St J's return north east last night with Tommy Wright absolutely raging that they didn't get the win. The only player spared the rod was D. Swanson.

Not surprised to read that. I think as the season wears on the other teams will work out how crap they really are.

I honestly believe they will finish bottom 6.

CyberSauzee
27-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Not surprised to read that. I think as the season wears on the other teams will work out how crap they really are.

I'm hoping for a bottom one finish. Bottom half definitely achievable but relegation might require the first admin for Sevco.

Wee Effen Bee
27-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Want to bet on that?
I'm not really a betting man NH. :greengrin Just think it's been nearly a couple of months now and, with his status being upgraded to 'suspended indefinitely', it does appear to some of us (non-betting types) that his time may be up. To be honest, I really wouldn't be that surprised if he did play for them again: that mob have the brassiest of brass necks ever seen in the history of fitba.

Steve20
27-10-2016, 08:43 PM

No chance. They'll finish top 4.

hibeemikey21
27-10-2016, 08:54 PM
My take on what's going on:

Barton is stubborn as anything and now has a strong disliking for The Rangers given how he's been treated. Accordingly, he is toeing the line. Turning up punctually, wearing his full Rangers suit, no further social media activity etc; giving them ABSOLUTELY NO SCOPE to fine/discipline him.

The meeting will have gone on as long as it did because Rangers will have been throwing a number of escape options to him (im fully assuming: walk away now, full pay till December, then bugger off etc). Joey will be saying "no thanks". Getting paid 20k a week to climb Munroes and play golf up here for the next 20 months or so, meanwhile stuffing TRFC who can't afford to have both him and Niko K on full pay and not playing.

Excellent.

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I have to say that I'm loving Barton's work so much at Ibrox, I'm going to refer to him as 'Joey' from now on.

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2016, 09:33 PM
No chance they'll finish top 4.

Fixed that for you.

coco22
27-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Perhaps we could iron out a loan deal with them for him - they owe us one after our bending over and receiving them on the Scott Allan deal :na na:

For the record I wouldn't like him near our squad (as a character) but a decent player on his day. The Rangers have royal fluffed their lines on this big name signing

ballengeich
27-10-2016, 09:45 PM
If The Rangers had a case to sack Barton for gross misconduct they'd have done it today. Their best hope is to find someone to take him off their hands in the January window. The problem is that he didn't do a full pre-season training with them, won't have played for four months by January and at 34 will take a considerable time to reach match fitness. Are there any Huns managing in the lower English divsions?:greengrin

calumhibee1
27-10-2016, 09:53 PM
We are all Joey Barton. Hope oor Joey sees out his contract without even turning up to training ever again and then retires just to make it blatantly clear that he's absolutely rinsed them for a couple million pound when he was finished with football anyway.

Andy74
27-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Who cares?

ballengeich
27-10-2016, 10:06 PM
We are all Joey Barton. Hope oor Joey sees out his contract without even turning up to training ever again and then retires just to make it blatantly clear that he's absolutely rinsed them for a couple million pound when he was finished with football anyway.

Your aspirations are admirable, but he will have to turn up for training to fulfil his contract. He should contact Bobo Balde for advice.

Your point about him being finished with football is good. I reckon he realised he couldn't do anything for Burnley in the English premier this season so came north thinking he could swan about for the last couple of years of his career as an Ibrox hero. On arrival he found that the standard of his opponents was far higher than he'd anticipated. What a shame, both for him and the lovely club that's employed him.

shetlandhibee
27-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Who cares?:top marks:greengrin

lapsedhibee
27-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Who cares?

Me. I used to detest the bloke but that's all changed recently. Now I think of him as a pal.

Jdawg
27-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Rinse them for as much as you can Joey!!

The Captain....
27-10-2016, 10:23 PM
From my limited knowledge of Barton the one thing he does seem is pig headed. If he decides he's not moving then unless Rangers make good on his contract or by some miracle someone tries to sign him he's going nowhere. Either way he's mugged Sevco for serious cash.

Boy at my work was in hospitality at Rangers last night and said the Hun was played off the park second half by the Saints. His other snippet was the feelers have been put out to old Uncle Walter to make a return if Warburton does go back South (which in all honesty seems far fetched to me).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2016, 10:25 PM
If he is suspended indefinitely, will he need to report for training?

snooky
27-10-2016, 10:28 PM

Agree. They can't break free from their apron's strings.

CyberSauzee
27-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Justice for Joey.

Mikey09
27-10-2016, 10:42 PM

Nope.

GloryGlory
28-10-2016, 06:42 AM

Maybe he can help super Ally keep his garden in trim. :greengrin

Hibee87
28-10-2016, 07:10 AM
Could Barton not sue the rangers in any capacity? I am sure if this happened to a random joe for having a disagreement with their boss there would be grounds for constructive dismissal or somthing

calumhibee1
28-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Your aspirations are admirable, but he will have to turn up for training to fulfil his contract. He should contact Bobo Balde for advice.

Your point about him being finished with football is good. I reckon he realised he couldn't do anything for Burnley in the English premier this season so came north thinking he could swan about for the last couple of years of his career as an Ibrox hero. On arrival he found that the standard of his opponents was far higher than he'd anticipated. What a shame, both for him and the lovely club that's employed him.

He's been suspended and told to stay away from the club. No training, no games, no media commitments, infact he's been actively encouraged to avoid being in the media.. he literally has to do nout. :greengrin

Pete
28-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Barton is too good for them in every way.

allezsauzee
28-10-2016, 07:45 AM
I'm hoping for a bottom one finish. Bottom half definitely achievable but relegation might require the first admin for Sevco.

Me too! I have a fiver on them to finish bottom 6 at 100/1. A trip to admin city should seal the deal on that

Salt N Sauzee
28-10-2016, 07:48 AM

Nah. They're a perfect fit.

shreevesy
28-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Shreevesy here's £20+K every week, but we don't want you to come to work and please stay off Twitter.
OK you've talked me into it.

Not sure how Sevco think this is a good idea but I hope Barton fleeces them right up until the final seconds of his contract.
Vile institution deserve everything that comes their way.

Kavinho
28-10-2016, 08:20 AM

That says a lot when you think about it

Bostonhibby
28-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Aye but most of the hun supporters think that's just a big car.
Limbo? Wheres that? Wtf is he doing going on holiday when he could be at training putting halliday in his place.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

southern hibby
28-10-2016, 10:52 AM
I've been told by a Hun he gets £11,000 and another £9,000 due to playing win bonus etc. he seems to think The Rangers don't need to pay the £9,000 as he's not playing games.

Not sure how much this is true, but would Newco have to pay bonuses if he doesn't play? Because if true they're saving a lot by not playing him.

GGTTH

southsider
28-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I've been told by a Hun he gets £11,000 and another £9,000 due to playing win bonus etc. he seems to think The Rangers don't need to pay the £9,000 as he's not playing games.

Not sure how much this is true, but would Newco have to pay bonuses if he doesn't play? Because if true they're saving a lot by not playing him.

GGTTH
£11k a week for doing sod all. Just sit in Spain and wait for the money Joey boy. LOL.

Seveno
28-10-2016, 11:52 AM
I think that our pal Joey is playing a blinder. The Rangers are clearly holding off action pending the SFA hearing into his alleged football betting. I expect that they hope that a guilty verdict on top of his internal misdemeanours will be enough for them to terminate his contract.

Meanwhile, Joey asks for more time from the SFA to read the paperwork and prepare his case. Duly granted, he sits back and lights another cigar. :cb

stantonhibby
28-10-2016, 11:55 AM
I think that our pal Joey is playing a blinder. The Rangers are clearly holding off action pending the SFA hearing into his alleged football betting. I expect that they hope that a guilty verdict on top of his internal misdemeanours will be enough for them to terminate his contract.

Meanwhile, Joey asks for more time from the SFA to read the paperwork and prepare his case. Duly granted, he sits back and lights another cigar. :cb

Thing is did they not make a rod for their own back here as they didn't sack Ian Black when he was found guilty of betting ( I think he actually bet against Rangers at some point as well ?)

Seveno
28-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Thing is did they not make a rod for their own back here as they didn't sack Ian Black when he was found guilty of betting ( I think he actually bet against Rangers at some point as well ?)

He hasn't been found guilty yet. The hearing isn't until next month.

johnbc70
28-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Barton and Cigars are a dangerous mix.

johnbc70
28-10-2016, 12:00 PM

Is that the same cigar he stubbs out in his teammates eye!

KeithTheHibby
28-10-2016, 12:24 PM

GGTTH

He reportedly turned down 35k a week to stay with Burnley. I would be surprised if he came up here for 11k basic.

Smartie
28-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Is that the same cigar he stubbs out in his teammates eye!

No, it's different one.

It'll be very interesting to see what he does when he's done with this cigar though.

Might I suggest...

1. It gets rammed up Warburton's hoop sideways.
2. It gets sucked into and disappears into the vacuum that is Dave King's £30 million pound war chest.
3. It is kept in the Scottish Cup shaped space in their trophy cabinet to remind Rangers of his time at the club.

allezsauzee
28-10-2016, 12:52 PM
He reportedly turned down 35k a week to stay with Burnley. I would be surprised if he came up here for 11k basic.

Indeed! I wonder how much Barton, Krancjar and Senderos will suck out of them before they are gone? A most pleasing thought!

euro Hibby
28-10-2016, 12:59 PM
As an outsider I am amazed that any club can allow a guy to draw £ 20,000 or even £ 11,000 and have him sit on the side lines doing nothing. Whatever the full content of the spat was we will not learn for a while but in a team game you have your fall outs and then you patch up and get on with it. Mind you , if he is in Spain , he will be getting less euro's for his £...............poor guy !
Football is full of terrible managers and terrible chairmen.

Captain Trips
28-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Defo in Limbo as this recent photo taken at The Murray Park shows:

http://www.vintage-garden-games.co.uk/images/limbo%20dancing%20pole.jpg

jdships
28-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Bottom line here is surely the problems with Warburton's " Man management skills "
He has failed on virtually all aspects and done his credibibility quite some harm !
He didn't have a great deal to begin with :wink:
:greengrin

magpie1892
28-10-2016, 11:22 PM

GGTTH

That's a total crock of ****. He's on at least £24k basic which he gets each and every week. He's not on 'pay as you play'. And even though he's 'suspended' (legally meaningless, he's just been told to stay away), he's still a first team squad member and so entitled to win bonuses on the odd occasion the hun actually win a game, even if he happens to be in Qatar or half-way up a Munro when the hun are playing.

So, no, it's not true and I suspect the motivation behind your being told this by a hun is because he's trying to mitigate his embarrassment at supporting such a joke club.

northstandhibby
28-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Bottom line here is surely the problems with Warburton's " Man management skills "
He has failed on virtually all aspects and done his credibibility quite some harm !
He didn't have a great deal to begin with :wink:
:greengrin

His being pictured with a flute band was incompatible with any manager with a tiny bit of sense.

It blew any credibility he had out of the window. A naive puppet.

What an erse.

GGTTH

Dub
29-10-2016, 12:32 AM
He's been suspended and told to stay away from the club. No training, no games, no media commitments, infact he's been actively encouraged to avoid being in the media.. he literally has to do nout. :greengrin

I could do that for half the money :cb

GreenLake
29-10-2016, 01:10 AM

With refereeing tail winds.

Pete
29-10-2016, 04:56 AM
That says a lot when you think about it

:agree:

Think about every negative trait Barton has and there is an element of Rangers that probably trumps him in each one.

Maybe even Trump is better than Rangers in every way.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2016, 08:04 AM
That's a total crock of ****. He's on at least £24k basic which he gets each and every week. He's not on 'pay as you play'. And even though he's 'suspended' (legally meaningless, he's just been told to stay away), he's still a first team squad member and so entitled to win bonuses on the odd occasion the hun actually win a game, even if he happens to be in Qatar or half-way up a Monroe when the hun are playing.

So, no, it's not true and I suspect the motivation behind your being told this by a hun is because he's trying to mitigate his embarrassment at supporting such a joke club.

WARNING; COMPLETELY CRASS SEXIST COMMENT ALERT!
Which Monroe Do you think Oor Joey would like to be half-way up...Marilyn17569 or Bill?17570 :greengrin

southsider
29-10-2016, 08:16 AM
WARNING; COMPLETELY CRASS SEXIST COMMENT ALERT!
Which Monroe Do you think Oor Joey would like to be half-way up...Marilyn17569 or Bill?17570 :greengrin
The Scottish hills are MUNRO's. Marilyn's grandfather was a Munro but she Americanized her surname.

fat freddy
29-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Her real name was Norma Jean Mortenson.

lapsedhibee
29-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Her real name was Norma Jean Mortenson.
:nerd: Jeane