PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson Testimonial Game

dp00
27-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Is there going to be a game ? The two cup winning teams against each other would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibby6270
27-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Not so sure the 1902 side would be able to raise a team.:wink:

Robinho08
27-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Not so sure the 1902 side would be able to raise a team.:wink:

😂 😂

On a serious note,the 2007 team versus the 2016 would be interesting.

hibby6270
27-10-2016, 07:02 PM
😂 😂

Now you're talking. That would pretty much ensure a sell out imo.

AlbertK86
27-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Is there going to be a game ? The two cup winning teams against each other would be amazing Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shout ... should suggest to the club

danhibees1875
27-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Would be amazing. Think the idea was floated over the summer - I don't think anything went officially to the club though.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2016, 07:37 PM
😂 😂

Who would Stevenson play for? :greengrin

Kojock
27-10-2016, 07:41 PM
We could invite Joe Tortolano and Gordon Strachan for a rematch.

hfc rd
27-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Who would Stevenson play for? :greengrin

One half for the 2007 team and one half for the 2016 team. 😉

Iggy Pope
27-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Would Kevin Thomson miss out on a medal for both sides?

Pretty Boy
27-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Would be amazing. Think the idea was floated over the summer - I don't think anything went officially to the club though.

The club can't organise a testimonial or any money made is taxable. That's why there's a committee although obviously tuhe club will help facilitate what they do.

danhibees1875
27-10-2016, 07:53 PM
The club can't organise a testimonial or any money made is taxable. That's why there's a committee although obviously tuhe club will help facilitate what they do.
Fair enough! Had never heard of that but makes sense.

In which case, I'm not sure if the idea ever went to the committee or if it was just talked about on .net

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Marco G
27-10-2016, 10:01 PM
While Gordon was bouncing off the wall, Joe was saying he got there as soon as he could. One of the oddest things I have seen, but there was no need for a red card.
Who was the ref that night?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2016, 10:12 PM
While Gordon was bouncing off the wall, Joe was saying he got there as soon as he could. One of the oddest things I have seen, but there was no need for a red card.

You're joking right ? He completely halfed him.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2016, 01:17 AM

Perhaps not mate ...... but how many folk can say they have seen a red card in a testimonial match, if you were there that night you were witness to one of footballs more unique events :greengrin

As for Lewis testimonial .... the 2016 team v the 2007 team would be a great idea, but getting all the players together would probably be a bit difficult and some like Hogg and Boozy have retired, though I dare say they can still kick a ball ... does anybody even know where Benji is these days?

If we cant do that I would certainly like to see the testimonial committee come up with as big a name as possible ... we managed Man Utd for Gordon Rae, something similar would be appropriate for Lewis, its the least he deserves.

Weststandwanab
28-10-2016, 04:30 AM
Fair enough! Had never heard of that but makes sense.

In which case, I'm not sure if the idea ever went to the committee or if it was just talked about on .net

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

That is correct -I have been on a testimonial Committee almost 25 years ago and that was the case then.

There are other restrictions, which if breached, means income tax my be due.

Ricky Bobby
28-10-2016, 06:33 AM

I was speaking to Joe yesterday and he was telling me that he will be at ER on Saturday as part of the Skol cup winning squad (he was injured so couldnt make the final squad) to display the cup at half time.
I know he is still pretty embarrassed about that testemonial with Strachan, but he is a great Hibs man and I hope him and the rest of that squad have a great day on Saturday. It was my first time seeing Hibs win anything so it brings back great memories.

Hibs Class
28-10-2016, 06:43 AM

George Smith, Edinburgh ref, I think

Pete
28-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Would Kevin Thomson miss out on a medal for both sides?

Thommo can rest easy. If anyone is 2-0 down at half time I know who they might look to.

lumbo_hfc
28-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Thommo can rest easy. If anyone is 2-0 down at half time I know who they might look to.

They "looked to him" at 0-0 at tynie I'm sure it was but I do get you're point... he was outstanding when he did come on and also in the replay. Always be a hibs legend now.

Marco G
28-10-2016, 07:40 AM
George Smith, Edinburgh ref, I think
Thanks, that makes sense. Anyway Joe is a great Hibee providing many happy memories and I will look forward to giving him a cheer on Saturday!