PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SKOL CUP HEROES AT EASTER ROAD ON SATURDAY

RSS Bot
27-10-2016, 01:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6917)

3pm
27-10-2016, 04:28 PM
I think we are poor at bringing back ex-players so I am delighted to see this happening.

Islington Hibs
27-10-2016, 05:50 PM
seriously frightening it was 25 years ago. My first time a Hibs fan we won something big- couldn't quite believe it. Great day.

beensaidbefore
27-10-2016, 06:10 PM
seriously frightening it was 25 years ago. My first time a Hibs fan we won something big- couldn't quite believe it. Great day.

Still got the green 'pink' from the evening news somewhere. Was a prized possession as a lad!

hibby6270
27-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Will the 1991 DVD be available on Saturday as well? I haven't pre-ordered it. Do you think that will matter? :greengrin:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2016, 06:59 PM
noticed this on the fishy site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6912

To celebrate Absent Friends week in November, GameChanger is encouraging all supporters to remember loved ones who are no longer with us at our upcoming home matches against St Mirren on Saturday and Falkirk on 12th November.
In all concourses, there will be Absent Friends walls set up for supporters to put up pictures and/or write messages to remember their Absent Friends who are sadly no longer with us, so please bring your memories along with you to the matches.

jakeshibs
27-10-2016, 07:05 PM
This was the first time I saw Hibs win a trophy and was an amazing day and evening, coming back to Easter Road to celebrate, failed to turn in for work the following day.

Thank you for an amazing memory. Mon the Hibs..

nomad
27-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Will the 1991 DVD be available on Saturday as well? I haven't pre-ordered it. Do you think that will matter? :greengrin:wink:

Sorry bud it was a video back in the day but fantastic nevertheless

3pm
27-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Most of the team were at a St Pats branch thing tonight. Was superb. :hibees:flag:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Most of the team were at a St Pats branch thing tonight. Was superb. :hibees:flag:

Can I just echo that sentiment. Top marks to the Committee of St Patrick's Branch for organising a brilliant reunion. Some brilliant wee interviews conducted by the excellent Luke Shanley as well as highlights of the semi and final with a pie and bovril at half time :greengrin The players and management all interviewed well and were up for a laugh when Luke chided them about certain things - like Mickey Weir and that penalty with Murdo MacLeod talking us through the wee betting syndicate they had going :greengrin

My nephew attended with our group and though the 1991 events all took place years before he was born, he had a great time and left the club saying he'd love more of the same. Of course, he'll get more of the same at the Jewel Miner's Welfare Club next Thursday :wink:

3pm
27-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Can I just echo that sentiment. Top marks to the Committee of St Patrick's Branch for organising a brilliant reunion. Some brilliant wee interviews conducted by the excellent Luke Shanley as well as highlights of the semi and final with a pie and bovril at half time :greengrin The players and management all interviewed well and were up for a laugh when Luke chided them about certain things - like Mickey Weir and that penalty with Murdo MacLeod talking us through the wee betting syndicate they had going :greengrin

My nephew attended with our group and though the 1991 events all took place years before he was born, he had a great time and left the club saying he'd love more of the same. Of course, he'll get more of the same at the Jewel Miner's Welfare Club next Thursday :wink:

And there won't be too many folk with a picture of the Skol Cup and Scottish Cup! :greengrin :hilarious

Onion
27-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Amazing day. Coolest pen you're ever likely to see in any Final and Keith/Mickey in full flow. Hampden with proper terracing and the North Stand packed to capacity. Homecoming that night was something special. Players deserve to be recognised on Sat. How they have a great day & reception.

BoomtownHibees
27-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Can't wait for hospitality on Saturday

trev the hat
27-10-2016, 11:04 PM

Fantastic night in a packed HSA & great to see the 91 squad together. Joe Tortolano was on form as was Mickey & Murdo. Whole team & management rightly recognised & lots of great memories. Luke Shanley done a top job.

hibsforeurope
28-10-2016, 02:01 PM
It would be good if the club could re-release 'The Team That Wouldn't Die' on DVD.

CropleyWasGod
28-10-2016, 02:05 PM
It would be good if the club could re-release 'The Team That Wouldn't Die' on DVD.

Would it be on pre-release as well?

hibsforeurope
28-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Would it be on pre-release as well?

Only if you pay a fiver extra!:greengrin

northstandhibby
28-10-2016, 02:14 PM

:aok:

Sounds like a great time had by all.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
28-10-2016, 03:30 PM
What players were there at the St Pats night and who is expected on Saturday?

BoomtownHibees
28-10-2016, 04:34 PM

I'm still waiting on my pre-order of the VHS arriving

Pedantic_Hibee
29-10-2016, 12:41 AM
25 years?!? Jeezo. I got a lift to see the penalty but as for the rest of the game I was dwarfed by giant adults. Can remember running about Leith like a tool at 9 year old. I think I ended up at Easter Road as well.

Time flies.

trev the hat
29-10-2016, 10:31 AM
What players were there at the St Pats night and who is expected on Saturday?

Atendees at HSA I can recall

Willie Miller
Brian Hamilton
Mickey Weir
Keith Wright
Tommy McIntyre
Murdo MacLeod
Joe Tortolano
Gareth Evans
Dave Beaumont
Gordon Hunter
Mark McGraw

Alex Miller
Martin Ferguson

Hamish
29-10-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm still waiting on my pre-order of the VHS arriving

10/10 sir

SuperAllyMcleod
29-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I only took this off my wall earlier this year [emoji4]
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/256d771cc40f11b9589b22c6188077b0.jpg

rcarter1
29-10-2016, 03:25 PM

felt a bit surreal after we won it. the Semi-Final was something else, on the old style terracing and by the end nothing but whistles from the Hibs crowd. I remember the guy in front of us in tears at the final whistle saying 'Medals Hibs, Medals!'

O'Rourke3
29-10-2016, 04:14 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/9d10cadebd51dd444c60cb64ddae20a5.jpg
Hope yhe link works. Team at half time

Sent via the bushes @ EM

c31
29-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Couldn't hear a word they said from the back of the east.

O'Rourke3
29-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Or the west. Must get sorted.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

hibeg
29-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Neither could we. The tannoy system in the east is a disgrace

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Made out every third word in the FF.

Seems easier to understand when someone is talking slower, but no chance when the announcer is in full flow. Hope we could spend a bit of cash sorting this out.

How much would a decent PA system cost thee days?

Broken Gnome
29-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Who was in the blue jacket and brown shoes towards the right? Couldn't make him out.

O'Rourke3
29-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Who was in the blue jacket and brown shoes towards the right? Couldn't make him out.
Jooooeeee Joe super Joe super Tortelano

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Broken Gnome
29-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Jooooeeee Joe super Joe super Tortelano

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Thought as much. Suave as.

McBHibee
29-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Super Joe Tortolano, blue jacket.

hibeerealist
29-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Just a real pity, no..... disgrace, that you could not make out what the players or mike man were saying where I was situated in the East!! I know others around me felt the same as we all just looked at each other when they were speaking and nobody could make I out.

Been a problem in the East for a long time, was I clear elsewhere, I am interested t hear?

Notifications as well as any other info put out on the PA system should be audible to all, Petrie get it sorted.

hibby6270
29-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Sorry bud it was a video back in the day but fantastic nevertheless

Haha. That's what I meant. I've got the VHS. A re-release of the original video on DVD would be great with Disc 2 being the whole game.

Come on Hibs - get it sorted.

Brightside
29-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Just a real pity, no..... disgrace, that you could not make out what the players or mike man were saying where I was situated in the East!! I know others around me felt the same as we all just looked at each other when they were speaking and nobody could make I out.

Been a problem in the East for a long time, was I clear elsewhere, I am interested t hear?

Notifications as well as any other info put out on the PA system should be audible to all, Petrie get it sorted.

Crystal clear DTS sound in the West.

wookie70
29-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Crystal clear DTS sound in the West. It certainly was which unfortunately meant I missed the first five minutes of the second half due to a mumbling mogadons induced coma.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Alex Miller far from convincing when asked how much he enjoyed the Scottish cup win.

marinello59
29-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Alex Miller far from convincing when asked how much he enjoyed the Scottish cup win.

Nonsense. Typical understated delivery from him but the guy has genuine affection for Hibs.

Onceinawhile
30-10-2016, 12:36 AM
No graham Mitchell?

Outrageous.

3pm
30-10-2016, 03:03 AM
No graham Mitchell?

Outrageous.

Thought he was there.

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2016, 07:02 AM
I don't remember him playing. McIntyre was left back, no?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
30-10-2016, 07:03 AM
No graham Mitchell?

Outrageous.

Mitchell was there.

Thought Miller came across well and it was good to see him get a good ovation.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2016, 07:05 AM

Hibs team was:

Burridge
Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre
MacLeod
Weir
Hamilton
McGinlay
Wright
Evans

Orr and Beaumont unused subs.

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Hibs team was:

Burridge
Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre
MacLeod
Weir
Hamilton
McGinlay
Wright
Evans

Orr and Beaumont unused subs.
Cheers.

Been lying in bed reciting that team.[emoji1]

So why was Super Joe there yesterday? Was he injured for the final?

HappyHanlon
30-10-2016, 07:32 AM

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Blue puffa jacket and brown trousers...grey hair. Who's that?

Nakedmanoncrack
30-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Cheers.

Looking at the stats, Super Joe played no part in the cup win, not appearing in any of the fixtures, he made his first appearance of the season a couple of weeks before the final (midweek League game at Ibrox), that was the only game he'd played that season before the final, though he went on to be a regular for rest of season, so not sure if he'd been injured or what, to be honest never really connected him with the 91 team.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Cheers.

At the St Pat's do on Thursday last, it was explained that Joe had been part of the squad and that his team mates valued his contribution over the course of the season.

BTW, I heard nothing in the East and put that down to Joe's jacket being so loud :greengrin

Big_D
30-10-2016, 01:34 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5758/30627003496_eefae8f6f4_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NEpp7q)P1000164 (https://flic.kr/p/NEpp7q) by Darren Healy (https://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_healy/), on Flickr

Big_D
30-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Thought he was there.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NzQndR]https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5340/30575292461_17c17d8b89_c.jpg

Shrekko
30-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Looking at the stats, Super Joe played no part in the cup win, not appearing in any of the fixtures, he made his first appearance of the season a couple of weeks before the final (midweek League game at Ibrox), that was the only game he'd played that season before the final, though he went on to be a regular for rest of season, so not sure if he'd been injured or what, to be honest never really connected him with the 91 team.

Joe had a bad night at Ibrox as well! First game we lost that season IIRC and he scored a fairly spectacular own goal.

IanFaeClerrie
30-10-2016, 03:15 PM
How much would a decent PA system cost thee days?

Not a lot - the Monarchs sorted this out at Armadale two years ago and it's an arena - it used to be awful. All BOSE speakers to so I think the presenter, Scott Wilson, must have got someone in. Maybe Scott would be willing to help us out at ER - I'll put the feelers out.

wookie70
30-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Joe had a bad night at Ibrox as well! First game we lost that season IIRC and he scored a fairly spectacular own goal.

Did he come on as sub that night. I remember the evening news Players Ratings for one of his appearance at Ibrox - Joe T - 1/10 - Nightmare. Having been there they were generous with the 1.

Modern players would be seeking a shrink if they had to deal with what Joe T and Brian H had to deal with at ER. I have to admit I would be on their cases regularly. It was nice to be able give them a good round of applause as a thank you as well as a bit of an apology on my side. I even gave Miller a quick clap although that was still a wee bit grudged.

O'Rourke3
30-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Blue puffa jacket and brown trousers...grey hair. Who's that?

Not sure. PA apalling

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2016, 10:14 PM

And laid another on a plate for them after Weir had put us 1 up. We fought back to 2-2 through McGinlay but I think Huistra and McCoist scored in the last 10 mins for them. When Joe was on form he was great but sadly on too few occasions.

oldbutdim
30-10-2016, 10:22 PM
I was at that game. I don't recall the details clearly now but I seem to remember thinking Super Joe came on and scored a hat trick for them. That's how it felt at the time.

wookie70
30-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I was at that game. I don't recall the details clearly now but I seem to remember thinking Super Joe came on and scored a hat trick for them. That's how it felt at the time. That is the game I was thinking about then.

kevinc
30-10-2016, 10:37 PM

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk don't recall McIntyre ever playing left back for us

Craigmount Hibs
30-10-2016, 11:11 PM
don't recall McIntyre ever playing left back for us
He was signed as a left back and played most of his first few seasons at left or right back. When Gordon Rae was sent off at the midden in the game when Archie scored THAT goal, McIntyre played the rest of the game at centre half and was outstanding. He was still used as a full back for ages after that (he got hooked after 25 mins of the 1989 cup semi v the weege as Ugly Fulton tore him apart). Few seasons beside geebsie were his best though.

Big_D
31-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Not sure. PA apalling

https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5580/30564742652_54011a8dca_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NyUi8A)

CropleyWasGod
31-10-2016, 07:15 AM
don't recall McIntyre ever playing left back for us
Neither does Steve Fulton [emoji48]

I'm getting TM mixed up with Graham Mitchell for that game.