PDA

View Full Version : Cup final dvd at Easter Road!

Ultrabee1-0
27-10-2016, 09:49 AM
I had a drunken idea last night and to be honest it's the first idea iv had drunk that is actually good.
Anyway I think hibs are missing a trick here, Im wondering how to contact the club and putting the idea to them that playing the dvd on a projector one night in the stadium would be a good investment, 10 pound a ticket 5 pound for kids, open the food stalls the club would make a fair wack from this! Plus easter road packed to the rafters reliving that moment would be tremendous. If anyone has a way of contacting the club could you please put this to then!

Onceinawhile
27-10-2016, 10:38 AM
I think a night in behind the goals or one of the hospitality suites like this would definitely work.

£5 or £10 to get in, open the bar and play the dvd. Seems reasonable to me. Might be more hassle than its actually worth though.

Since90+2
27-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Might have been an idea to do it during the summer when the weather was nice and you could make a day of it.

Cant see that many folk who would attend something like this in the middle of winter.

Andy74
27-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Haven't they just done this in cinemas which are a bit more suited to viewing stuff like this?

DaveSo
27-10-2016, 10:53 AM
My drunken idea was it would have been a great to recreate the 1902 cup winning team photo with the same number of rows etc and couple of players sitting at the side front with their arms folded. Even Tam the physio could be in it with a white towel over his shoulder !
Get the Scottish Cup and some of the old trophies out the museum cabinets and stick them at the front. Do it in black and white and have it either as a double sided poster or half and half with 1902 team at the top and 2016 team at the bottom.
Unfortunately too late to recreate now but would have been great to give a big nod to the 1902 team as well. We should never forget them as they are an integral part to the history of our great club.

GreenCastle
27-10-2016, 10:54 AM
They couldn't use the current speaker system as its terrible!

Summer maybe - though hard to possibly see the screen properly from far away if it isn't dark.

The cinema is the best way forward - such a great experience watching it the other night.

Maybe a few random dates spread out before the season March would work.

Mikey
27-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Why let people watch it for £10 when they can buy it for £25?

Disc O'Dave
27-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Might have been an idea to do it during the summer when the weather was nice and you could make a day of it.

Cant see that many folk who would attend something like this in the middle of winter.

While the weather might be less favourable, winter does have the advantage that it's dark.....more suited to watching something on the big screen. I was at the Luna screening of Star Wars at the Botanics last month and it was great....

Luna do a large inflatable screen, so it can be set up anywhere..... I'm liking the idea that it would add an extra "dimension" to watch it outdoors on the big screen, but in the actual stadium..

Pro's for the argument that I can see are:

Dark cinematic experience
The Luna cinema has it's own sound system
If you can wrap up warm enough to watch 90 minutes of football at Easter Road on a winter midweek, you can do the same to watch a movie....
Refreshments / hot food infrastructure already established.

Cons (that I can see):

They may need to keep a certain level of lighting on in the stadium for Health and Safety reasons...which may detract from the screen / projector effectiveness.

Even if it's just one of the stands they opened (say East) with the screen set up against the West, I think it's at least worth considering as an idea....

Ultrabee1-0
27-10-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm still convinced it's a brilliant idea we turn up in our thousands to watch us get beat of ayr in the rain haha! Why not wrap up warm and watch it at easter road?? Or another thought of mines was the stage in Princes Street gardens? I saw brave heart there at the festival it was immense!!!

RCNG
27-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Lets take it one further and have it projected onto the pitch with 3D imaging.

greenlex
27-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Do it at Hampden and we could all run on the pitch and give the opposing end the big GIRFUY whilst tearing up the turf and pulling down the goal posts. Winner in my book.

3pm
27-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Do it at Hampden and we could all run on the pitch and give the opposing end the big GIRFUY whilst tearing up the turf and pulling down the goal posts. Winner in my book.

Then rob Asda afterwards.

Bayern Bru
27-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Something like this? :greengrin

EH54
27-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Few years ago I went to a Beamback at Hillsborough, Sheffield United cut Wednesdays allocation in half so Wednesday opened up the south stand and had massive screens up the atmosphere was brilliant sold out 11,500fans 5er a ticket

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aFhl0ochZ1o

brog
27-10-2016, 09:15 PM
My drunken idea was it would have been a great to recreate the 1902 cup winning team photo with the same number of rows etc and couple of players sitting at the side front with their arms folded. Even Tam the physio could be in it with a white towel over his shoulder !
Get the Scottish Cup and some of the old trophies out the museum cabinets and stick them at the front. Do it in black and white and have it either as a double sided poster or half and half with 1902 team at the top and 2016 team at the bottom.
Unfortunately too late to recreate now but would have been great to give a big nod to the 1902 team as well. We should never forget them as they are an integral part to the history of our great club.

Tam was already in the 1902 pic!

Itsnoteasy
27-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Tam was already in the 1902 pic!
And he's no a physio