PDA

View Full Version : happy 25th birthday to... The Skol Cup

Springbank
27-10-2016, 06:24 AM
27 oct 1991
A great day
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Scottish_League_Cup_Final

Dave Beaumont had been at hibs 7 days and won a medal

Gary Mackay, John colquhoun, Craig levein, Scott crabbe, how's your medal collection doing?

The Green Goblin
27-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Morning Springbank. At Lisbon airport.... Looking forward to seeing you at ER on Saturday! :thumbsup:

I'm confused though. i thought that legendary Hearts team had won loads of medals. Isn't that why the yams are always banging on about them? :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2016, 06:57 AM
27 oct 1991
A great day
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Scottish_League_Cup_Final

Dave Beaumont had been at hibs 7 days and won a medal

Gary Mackay, John colquhoun, Craig levein, Scott crabbe, how's your medal collection doing?

Funny how the mind plays tricks - I looked at the attendance - is that right? Thought Hibs brought around 40K with many locked out?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Hehe during much of Millers reign it appered that Hibs played "with the handbrake on..." ;)

http://terracepodcast.net/memorable-team-24-hibs-skol-cup-winning-side/

Peevemor
27-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Funny how the mind plays tricks - I looked at the attendance - is that right? Thought Hibs brought around 40K with many locked out?

IIRC the crowd was around 45k with 8k Dunfermline supporters.

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Crowd was 40,000 with up to 35,000 Hibs fans and more locked out. Prior to our latest cup triumph, this was my best ever day supporting Hibs.

The celebration in Robbies afterwards was top class too 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬💃🏻🎉🏆🍺🍺🍺

Pretty Boy
27-10-2016, 07:15 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qKddRTvnS1k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIbJpekYyc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLImNQYaCuQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UgWTbzb5oBU

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Crowd was 40,000 with up to 35,000 Hibs fans and more locked out. Prior to our latest cup triumph, this was my best ever day supporting Hibs.

The celebration in Robbies afterwards was top class too 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬💃🏻🎉🏆🍺🍺🍺

I missed the CIS cup as my boy had just been born. Did you relate the SKOL cup win above CIS?

SouthMoroccoStu
27-10-2016, 08:29 AM
I missed the CIS cup as my boy had just been born. Did you relate the SKOL cup win above CIS?

Part timer :wink:

magpie1892
27-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Straight from Hampden, home, shower, change, then to The Venue to see 'Wolfsbane', who were epic. Just as well I was a kid cos if I tried that amount of alcohol over 12 hours now it would probably kill me.

Eyrie
27-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Straight from Hampden, home, shower, change, then to The Venue to see 'Wolfsbane', who were epic. Just as well I was a kid cos if I tried that amount of alcohol over 12 hours now it would probably kill me.

That sounds very familiar, although I also saw the parade on the way to the gig and I probably had the shower afterwards because it was that hot down the front.

1991 is still my favourite birthday, and there's been a lot of them according to everyone I see today.

Mcpakeisgod
27-10-2016, 01:15 PM
My old man missed me being born the following day as he was still on a bender !

magpie1892
27-10-2016, 03:11 PM
That sounds very familiar, although I also saw the parade on the way to the gig and I probably had the shower afterwards because it was that hot down the front.

'Some Like it Hot', though..! I dare say we butted heads (literally) at some point during the gig. Blaze Bayley really had/has stage presence. Was well up for some stage diving but the raise at The Venue was only about 18" high!

I couldn't hear properly for some time afterwards, but I somehow made it in to Uni the next day and was saying 'Pardon?' to everyone for about a week, which became my nickname for a year...

Springbank
27-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Morning Springbank. At Lisbon airport.... Looking forward to seeing you at ER on Saturday! :thumbsup:

I'm confused though. i thought that legendary Hearts team had won loads of medals. Isn't that why the yams are always banging on about them? :cb

Safe journey,looking forward to the game!

Eyrie
27-10-2016, 04:19 PM
'Some Like it Hot', though..! I dare say we butted heads (literally) at some point during the gig. Blaze Bayley really had/has stage presence. Was well up for some stage diving but the raise at The Venue was only about 18" high!

I couldn't hear properly for some time afterwards, but I somehow made it in to Uni the next day and was saying 'Pardon?' to everyone for about a week, which became my nickname for a year...

If you managed to crowd surf at any point (difficult if you weren't stage diving) then it would have been your foot butting my head :greengrin

magpie1892
27-10-2016, 04:31 PM
If you managed to crowd surf at any point (difficult if you weren't stage diving) then it would have been your foot butting my head :greengrin

Considering how hammered I was, I remember the gig really well and there wasn't any stage diving or crowd surfing that I recall.

One of the best gigs I've been at. That said, I was on such a post-match high that I could have gone to see Kenny G and still gone mental.

Nitzer Ebb a couple of years later was *****ing carnage. I got, and gave, several boots in the face but never felt a thing.

Leith's finest
27-10-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm sure the skol cup is behind the bar in four in hand or it was a few year ago ( the tall narrow trophy)

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2016, 05:05 PM

Yes at it was the first trophy I'd seen us win. Add in the fact we'd almost been taken over by the yams, we'd been dreadful the season before and Hertz hadn't won a trophy in years and it was superb. I had the Monday off thank goodness. Went to the newsagent on the corner of Lorne St and Easter Road and bought all the morning papers (except The Sun). Guy said it was the 91st Daily Record he'd sold so far that morning!

magpie1892
27-10-2016, 05:13 PM
went to the newsagent on the corner of loren st and easter toad

ltyf

Springbank
27-10-2016, 05:39 PM
ltyf

Easter toad

The not quite so marketable rival to the easter bunny

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Easter toad

The not quite so marketable rival to the easter bunny

Haha fat thumbs! Edited.

mjhibby
27-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Amazing day. It was on my birthday and for some reason was calm before the game. Got in early which as it turned out was a wise move. Was quite tense watching the game but once the second went in I knew we would win. Remember Murdo looked miles away when lifting cup and the scenes down Easter road and in the stadium were amazing. Got bladdered that night and watched replays of the game in various pubs round er. Just a top day watching hibs. Btw the penalty the pars got against Airdrie was a disgrace. Outside the box and dubious whether it hit his arm. Just as well as airdrie were everybody's bogey team then.

Yuillsy
27-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Amazing day. It was on my birthday and for some reason was calm before the game. Got in early which as it turned out was a wise move. Was quite tense watching the game but once the second went in I knew we would win. Remember Murdo looked miles away when lifting cup and the scenes down Easter road and in the stadium were amazing. Got bladdered that night and watched replays of the game in various pubs round er. Just a top day watching hibs. Btw the penalty the pars got against Airdrie was a disgrace. Outside the box and dubious whether it hit his arm. Just as well as airdrie were everybody's bogey team then.
Aye, but it was against Jimmy Sandison so who really cares??!!😂

magpie1892
28-10-2016, 09:18 AM
once the second went in I knew we would win

Me too, considering the second goal put us 2-0 up with four minutes to play. :wink: