PDA

View Full Version : East Mains Development

Earl of Currie
26-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Was reading an old article about the possible developemnts in Easter Road and East Mains

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-to-expand-easter-road-s-usage-1-3800057

I know about the enhanced use of Easter Road since the above article , but have there been any additional uses for East Mains ?
Was wondering even , as there are a number of acres not being used , if there was any long term view to sell the land for housing and make a large lump sum akin to the sale of the car park over 10 years ago.

Ozyhibby
26-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Was reading an old article about the possible developemnts in Easter Road and East Mains

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-to-expand-easter-road-s-usage-1-3800057

I know about the enhanced use of Easter Road since the above article , but have there been any additional uses for East Mains ?
Was wondering even , as there are a number of acres not being used , if there was any long term view to sell the land for housing and make a large lump sum akin to the sale of the car park over 10 years ago.

I had heard that the club were looking at expanding it for leisure use like paintball, karting etc. Not sure if these plans are far down the line or not. You only have to look at how busy places like fox lake are to see the potential.
And East mains is a lot easier to get to for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
26-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Could use the space for something like foot golf. Swanston is heaving every week, 15 quid a head for a round and it costs next to nothing to set up and maintain compared with paintball or karting etc. Let's face it, 18 holes in the ground, 18 flags and a 18 markers for a starting point ain't gonna burst the bank. A wee hut to take the money and we could be up and running. Simples!😁

Ozyhibby
26-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Could use the space for something like foot golf. Swanston is heaving every week, 15 quid a head for a round and it costs next to nothing to set up and maintain compared with paintball or karting etc. Let's face it, 18 holes in the ground, 18 flags and a 18 markers for a starting point ain't gonna burst the bank. A wee hut to take the money and we could be up and running. Simples![emoji16]

Same type of thing.
East mains costs us a lot more to run than Hearts pay at Riccarton so we need to find a way of making it pay for itself.

Brightside
26-10-2016, 06:28 PM
They are building more facilities for the Community side of the club.

Greenworld
26-10-2016, 09:07 PM
LHB are meant to be taking over famous 5 stand

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
26-10-2016, 10:38 PM
LHB are meant to be taking over famous 5 stand

Who are LHB

Jonnyboy
26-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Who are LHB

Lothian Health Board, I think

GreenOnions
26-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Could use the space for something like foot golf. Swanston is heaving every week, 15 quid a head for a round and it costs next to nothing to set up and maintain compared with paintball or karting etc. Let's face it, 18 holes in the ground, 18 flags and a 18 markers for a starting point ain't gonna burst the bank. A wee hut to take the money and we could be up and running. Simples!😁

Is that a real thing? Sounds like a medical condition :confused:

Greenworld
27-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Lothian Health Board, I think
Yes...Funding has been agreed but from the bits I've heard it's only part of a much bigger thing.

Bill Milne
27-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Same type of thing.
East mains costs us a lot more to run than Hearts pay at Riccarton so we need to find a way of making it pay for itself.

Obviously, since Hertz won't pay!!

Kato
27-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Same type of thing.
East mains costs us a lot more to run than Hearts pay at Riccarton ......

Is that true? I thought they paid a bit more than our annual running costs, figures were on here a while back.

Posh Swanny
27-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Yes...Funding has been agreed but from the bits I've heard it's only part of a much bigger thing.

To do with the Game Changer Public Social Partnership thing? Heard bits and pieces about that from a colleague the other week and it sounds absolutely fantastic.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Is that true? I thought they paid a bit more than our annual running costs, figures were on here a while back.

George Craig admitted to me that East Mains costs us a good bit more than the yams pay at Heriot Watt but also pointed out that we have a better set up as we don't have to share with anyone else.
Still it's important that we try and make East mains a bit cheaper for ourselves. We currently only use about a third of the land down there so there is plenty scope for other uses. I can't see then getting permission for houses but other leisure uses should be fine I would think.

beensaidbefore
27-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Is that a real thing? Sounds like a medical condition :confused:

Sure is mate. Sad thing is me and a couple of mates had this idea years ago, also night golf with glow in the dark balls. Both of which now exist. Seems to be busy whenever I pass.

Hibbyradge
27-10-2016, 04:15 PM

It's not quite as "simples" as you'd think. Turnhouse GC considered it, but decided against.

Here's some info; http://www.golfclubmanagement.net/2015/12/160-golf-clubs-now-offer-footgolf/

ancient hibee
27-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Sure is mate. Sad thing is me and a couple of mates had this idea years ago, also night golf with glow in the dark balls. Both of which now exist. Seems to be busy whenever I pass.

I've always thought that glow in the dark balls might be quite useful.

poolman
27-10-2016, 04:29 PM
I've always thought that glow in the dark balls might be quite useful.

Yup, especially for a bit Halloween hanky panky

Kato
27-10-2016, 04:52 PM
George Craig admitted to me that East Mains costs us a good bit more than the yams pay at Heriot Watt but also pointed out that we have a better set up as we don't have to share with anyone else.
Still it's important that we try and make East mains a bit cheaper for ourselves. We currently only use about a third of the land down there so there is plenty scope for other uses. I can't see then getting permission for houses but other leisure uses should be fine I would think.

Cheers for the info and you're right, we should be utilizing our assets as best we can.

Greenworld
27-10-2016, 08:53 PM
To do with the Game Changer Public Social Partnership thing? Heard bits and pieces about that from a colleague the other week and it sounds absolutely fantastic.
Yup that's the thing ...if all happens that I've read and been told it will be amazing....our corners might even be filled in [emoji1]