PDA

View Full Version : Boxing!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

hibs#1
25-10-2016, 06:07 PM
See a few different threads at times about boxing so thought we could maybe have one mega thread?current fights future fights? Any gossip,favourite ever fight/fighters?

I see degale has got his unification match against badou jack should be a good fight fancy degale to win then,dunno where that would leave callum smith as I'm sure he's been jacks mandatory for while now?smiths a fighter I rate really highly.

Also see Joshua/klistckho is off till next year,think hearn will pick big David price for his December fight

Zazu62
25-10-2016, 06:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/boxing-on-sky

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-schedule/

lots of live boxing before the end of the year, quality card in Monaco in a few weeks luiz ortiz making his matchroom debut against Malik Scott really looking forward to seeing King Kong in what is a really stacked card.

Kovalev vs Ward is a fight I've been looking forward to all year. Massive massive night in vegas.

Lomachenko vs Walters is another I'm looking forward to.

👊

Pretty Boy
25-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Bernard Hopkins has his final fight in December as well.

A genuine all time great and to still be as conpetitive as he was/is at his age is unbelievable.

hibs#1
25-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Also see Frampton has signed to fight santa cruz again should be a good one aswell

Also has anyone seen Diego de la hoya(nephew of the great Oscar) fight?

Zazu62
25-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Would really recommend to any boxing fan out there to subscribe to ifl tv on you tube. Interviews from boxers basically on a daily basis. Plus weekly hour long Eddie Hearn interviews. Really good 👍

lucky
25-10-2016, 09:55 PM
I'd really like to go to Las Vegas for one of the big fights , preferably a Hibbie but I would settle for a Scottish/British fighter

#FromTheCapital
25-10-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm booked to go down to Manchester on the 10th of December for Anthony Joshua's fight. Was obviously gutted that he won't be fighting Klitschko, but the undercard will be a lot better now that it's defintely not Klitschko.

As a previous poster mentioned, IFL tv on YouTube is a must for any UK boxing fan.

The_Exile
25-10-2016, 10:33 PM
IFL tv on YouTube is a must for any UK boxing fan.

Hearns Eubank Sr impressions are immense :greengrin

Joshua will knock over some mismatched can on December 10th, likely Molina or Price and then fight Klitschko in April next year, it'll make an obscene amount of cash. Hoping for Brook v Khan next year as well as Canelo v GGG and fights between Haye, Joshua, Fury, Wilder and Parker would be good to get the heavyweight division up and running again.

#FromTheCapital
25-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Hearns Eubank Sr impressions are immense :greengrin

Joshua will knock over some mismatched can on December 10th, likely Molina or Price and then fight Klitschko in April next year, it'll make an obscene amount of cash. Hoping for Brook v Khan next year as well as Canelo v GGG and fights between Haye, Joshua, Fury, Wilder and Parker would be good to get the heavyweight division up and running again.

They are pretty funny I have to say 😂, he done a good one of Kell Brook as well.

Canelo v GGG is the biggest fight in world boxing at the moment. Should be awesome if/when it happens. Kovalev v Ward is the biggest upcoming fight at the moment and I think it's on sky sports (although it will be at a ridiculous time in the morning!)

SmithyHibee
26-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Keith Thurman v Danny Garcia in March should be a cracker

hibs#1
26-10-2016, 06:58 AM
What are people's thoughts on Eddie hearn? I quite like him and like other people said the ifl TV interviews with him.are pretty good

Just don't like the added ppvs on top of my sky subscription particularly as they aren't always needed

kenny.ff
26-10-2016, 07:50 PM
I like eddie hearn, dont get all the posh boy haters. The guy works hard and knows how to put in a good card. I dont care who hoshua fights on dec 10 i will buy the ppv anyway, love seeing the guy in action, personaly cant see anyone in the devision coming close to him

#FromTheCapital
26-10-2016, 09:42 PM
I like eddie hearn, dont get all the posh boy haters. The guy works hard and knows how to put in a good card. I dont care who hoshua fights on dec 10 i will buy the ppv anyway, love seeing the guy in action, personaly cant see anyone in the devision coming close to him

Hearn comes across as a bit of a dick in some interviews imo. I agree though that he works hard and does communicate well with the fans on Twitter, ifl tv etc. I used to share your opinion of him but it changed after Joshua won the IBF belt against Charles Martin. His interview following that fight showed him up as an arrogant arse.

Regarding Joshua, it's still too early to say how good he is. He hasn't fought anyone with a decent pedigree. His toughest fight so far was against Dillian Whyte who imo is very average, and that fight showed that Joshua is not as indestructible as some might think. He has great speed and power but his lack of head movement and potentially weak chin might be his downfall against the stronger opposition in the HW division. Hope I'm wrong.

Hibby Bairn
27-10-2016, 09:01 PM
How much is a ticket for a live bout?

Pretty Boy
27-10-2016, 10:28 PM
How much is a ticket for a live bout?

Depends where you want to sit and who's fighting.

For a Ricky Bruns fight at the Hydro or SECC you'll pay £200+ ringside, £65-£85 for the floor and gradually cheaper the further from the ring you get.

I tried to get tickets for Frampton v Quigg in Manchester and that was quite a bit more expensive across the board.

#FromTheCapital
28-10-2016, 08:46 AM
I tried to get tickets for Brook v GGG. At face value they were wanting £60 for the tickets at the very back and around £500 for the floor if I remember correctly. Tickets sold out in around 10 minutes though and all the cheap tickets were gone first. Matchroom boxing unashamedly promote Stub hub as a ticket seller. So if you're really desperate to go, you can still pay 2 or 3 times the face value on that joke of a website.

Mon Dieu4
01-11-2016, 05:33 PM
I see that Joshua's next fight is Molina, I expect him to win but suppose it's interesting to see how he does since it took Wilder 9 rounds to dispose of him, Whyte v Chisora should have comedy build up as well

hibs#1
01-11-2016, 05:52 PM
I see that Joshua's next fight is Molina, I expect him to win but suppose it's interesting to see how he does since it took Wilder 9 rounds to dispose of him, Whyte v Chisora should have comedy build up as well

Yeah chisora vs whyte should be giggle don't think there will be much quality boxing on show right enough,

It's a bit of step up for Joshua but still fancy him inside 6 rounds comfortably.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Early odds for both fights:

Chisora - 7/4, Whyte 4/9
Joshua - 1/50, Molina - 14/1

Hardly tempting although I fancy Chisora to go close against Whyte.

#FromTheCapital
01-11-2016, 06:44 PM
I have train tickets to go down to Manchester on the 9th of December returning on the 11th. But having seen this card and the extortionate hotel prices in Manchester I've decided not to bother with it. If anyone wants bargain train tickets for those dates let me know.

Poor main event and there's nothing on that undercard that excites me. The build up to Whyte v chisora will be far more entertaining than the fight itself.

hibs#1
02-11-2016, 04:21 PM
The WBA have ordered Joshua and klitschko to fight for their super version and lucas browne and Shannon briggs to fight for the regular version.
I wonder where this leaves David haye doesn't seem like many ways for him to go at the minute,the bellew might actually happen.

#FromTheCapital
02-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Seen an interview with Eddie Hearn and he says Haye will probably look to fight the winner of Parker v Ruiz for the WBO title. That's a fair bit away though, so as you say he might go for the Bellew fight in the meantime.

Zazu62
03-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Can't really get myself up for Joshua/molina tbh .. and whyte/chisora will be probably be a 12rnd hugfest.. the build up will be more entertaining than the fight itself.. pretty poor card that should just be on normal sky sports can't see me buying this one folks

nellio
03-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Can't really get myself up for Joshua/molina tbh .. and whyte/chisora will be probably be a 12rnd hugfest.. the build up will be more entertaining than the fight itself.. pretty poor card that should just be on normal sky sports can't see me buying this one folks

Is it just me or is the quality of PPV boxing getting worse. That card is nowhere near good enough for a PPV.

#FromTheCapital
03-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Is it just me or is the quality of PPV boxing getting worse. That card is nowhere near good enough for a PPV.

Watch this interview of Hearn attempting to justify the PPV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrurnvdy5E

A load of pish basically, and trying to say Joshua is the biggest star in world boxing right now 😂😂😂. Also, watch him try to keep a straight face when saying that Molina is a good fighter with a good record.

Don't see what the problem is with sticking this on normal sky and doing away with this 'great undercard', which is actually very poor. Everyone who has sky sports already pays a subscription fee and asking them to pay £17 on top of that for a single night of boxing with a poor card is robbery imo.

nellio
03-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Spot on mate. All about the ££££££££ for matchroom and Eddie Hearn. Every fight for a title seem to be on box office these days.

hibs#1
03-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Watch this interview of Hearn attempting to justify the PPV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrurnvdy5E

A load of pish basically, and trying to say Joshua is the biggest star in world boxing right now 😂😂😂. Also, watch him try to keep a straight face when saying that Molina is a good fighter with a good record.

Don't see what the problem is with sticking this on normal sky and doing away with this 'great undercard', which is actually very poor. Everyone who has sky sports already pays a subscription fee and asking them to pay £17 on top of that for a single night of boxing with a poor card is robbery imo.

I agree absolutely no need for this one to be on ppv fair enough the klitscho fight but this one just screams money grabbing to me

lord bunberry
05-11-2016, 10:47 PM
I didn't realise the pac man was still going. I'm watching box nation and his next fight is on tonight. It's going to be a struggle to stay awake, but I'm now a man on a mission.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2016, 11:32 PM
I didn't realise the pac man was still going. I'm watching box nation and his next fight is on tonight. It's going to be a struggle to stay awake, but I'm now a man on a mission.

He retired and then came back. All he talks about is Mayweather so think he's chasing that rematch. Tbh I'm not sure there's the demand for it and I don't think Mayweather has shown much desire to end this retirement.

#FromTheCapital
06-11-2016, 06:52 AM
He retired and then came back. All he talks about is Mayweather so think he's chasing that rematch. Tbh I'm not sure there's the demand for it and I don't think Mayweather has shown much desire to end this retirement.

Can't see any point in a rematch myself. Floyd schooled him in the first match and I couldn't see a rematch panning out any differently. If they'd fought 5-6 years ago then perhaps Pacman would've stood a better chance. But his style of fighting means he was past his prime a few years ago, whereas Floyd's style could probably see him boxing at elite level for a good few years yet. Pacquiao was never the same after that brutal ko from Marquez. Still an excellent technical boxer, but lost that edge that put him on the same level as Mayweather.

hibs#1
11-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Boxnation have have linked bt sport to give customers access to the channel which is good news looking forward to watching more boxing makes a lot of sense business wise for all parties involved just proves again that Bt are really wanting to take sky on

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 11:16 AM
I unsubscribed from BoxNation only last month as it's been awful recently. This is great news though, will defintely sign up for BT sport.

Luis Ortiz fighting on Sky Sports tonight as well as Martin Murray, hopefully be a decent night.

hibs#1
12-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I unsubscribed from BoxNation only last month as it's been awful recently. This is great news though, will defintely sign up for BT sport.

Luis Ortiz fighting on Sky Sports tonight as well as Martin Murray, hopefully be a decent night.

Yeah I've already got bt so it's win win for me

Should be could night tonight hope swifty smith can win a world title tonight looking forward to seeing ortiz aswell never watched one of his fights live before.

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Martin Murray defeats a guy, who looks like he should be about 2 weight classes below him, on points. Wasn't a bad fight, but I think Murray is on the decline.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 07:51 PM
McDonnell needs to pull his finger out here

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Another decent fight this. Solis looking good.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Rocked him there at the end, 10 more seconds and he was out

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Absolutely farce, no chance did McDonnell win that

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Those score cards were awful. Solis won that imo, one of the judges had Mcdonell by 6 rounds 🙈

Boxing is such a joke at times. It's a bit like referees in football, not sure whether the judges are incompetent or corrupt.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Absolutely farce, no chance did McDonnell win that

That was a disgraceful decision

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 08:24 PM
If anything it was Solis more likely to have won by 6, ***** like that gives boxing a bad name, happens far too often

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Scott looks **** scared here.

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't think this fight will last long. As soon as Ortiz lands a meaningful punch it will be lights out imo

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't think this fight will last long. As soon as Ortiz lands a meaningful punch it will be lights out imo
I can't work out whether this guy is being clever and tiring Ortiz out or if he's just trying to last as long as he can.

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Grim viewing. Malik Scott needs to consider hanging the gloves up.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't know why, but this fight reminds me of Tyson v Buster Douglas.

hibs#1
12-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Malik Scott is really an awful fighter to watch

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 09:04 PM
This weird as ****, if Scott wins then he's a genius haha

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 09:10 PM
This fight reminds me of today's game against Falkirk.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 09:31 PM
This fight reminds me of today's game against Falkirk.
Very true, only one man tried to win. What was the point of Scott coming all that way to run away for 12 rounds. I thought he might at least try and make a fight of it in the later rounds.

chinaman
12-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Scouse family smith ...up next...no 2 world champ for the
Las

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 10:04 PM
What a fight this is.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Total war here, this is great

chinaman
12-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Fight of the year

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Total war here, this is great
Possible fight of the year contender.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Smith needs a knockout, but there's no losers in this fight. Classic.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 10:40 PM
That's why I love boxing. What a great fight.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2016, 10:45 PM
That was an epic fight, great start to my all nighter for the McGregor fight

Pretty Boy
13-11-2016, 10:14 AM
I thought Ortiz was awful. Not an easy opponent to look good against but he spent the whole fight looking for a big shot rather than showing any skill or ability to break him down. Obviously he's primarily known as a counter puncher and that wasn't easy last night but his inability to change it up wasn't great.

I can't see Wilder or Joshua being particularly worried by what he showed last night.

hibs#1
13-11-2016, 11:55 AM
I thought Ortiz was awful. Not an easy opponent to look good against but he spent the whole fight looking for a big shot rather than showing any skill or ability to break him down. Obviously he's primarily known as a counter puncher and that wasn't easy last night but his inability to change it up wasn't great.

I can't see Wilder or Joshua being particularly worried by what he showed last night.

That's a good point don't think anybody came out of it looking good you know it's bad when even the commentators are slagging the fight off

The main event however was a great fight a brave performance from smith but it wasn't enough sosa just a class above feel for smith but I feel he is just slightly short of being world level,don't know if we'll see him again.

#FromTheCapital
15-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Ward v Kovalev on sky sports this weekend. Probably the biggest fight of the year. Should be a cracker, I'll be staying up for it with a few pals, can't wait.

Mon Dieu4
17-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Ward v Kovalev on sky sports this weekend. Probably the biggest fight of the year. Should be a cracker, I'll be staying up for it with a few pals, can't wait.

Not of the same standard but Groves, Lee etc are on Channel 5 on Friday too

hibs#1
17-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Ward kovalev is an interesting one,think ward will win on points but kovalev definitely has a chance.

Zazu62
17-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Not of the same standard but Groves, Lee etc are on Channel 5 on Friday too

Andrew Selby is fighting tomorrow on that channel 5 card, to anyone who doesn't know who this kid is then u have to see him fight, no one in Britain wants to fight him

Mon Dieu4
17-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Andrew Selby is fighting tomorrow on that channel 5 card, to anyone who doesn't know who this kid is then u have to see him fight, no one in Britain wants to fight him

When I said Lee that's who I meant, I stupidly got him mixed up with his brother, I agree though, he is fantastic to watch, some of the shots and angles he throws from are crazy :agree:

#FromTheCapital
18-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Ward kovalev is an interesting one,think ward will win on points but kovalev definitely has a chance.

Ward is a very intelligent boxer whereas Kovalev is seen as more of a puncher, although his ring craft shouldn't be underestimated and that's what makes this fight so intriguing. Same as you, I'll go for Ward on points but it could go either way.

Zazu62
18-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Ward is a very intelligent boxer whereas Kovalev is seen as more of a puncher, although his ring craft shouldn't be underestimated and that's what makes this fight so intriguing. Same as you, I'll go for Ward on points but it could go either way.

My gut feeling is Ward schools kovalev. Would love kovalev to knock him out, definitely think I'm gonna stay up for this one, either that record and watch on Sunday morning

Zazu62
18-11-2016, 05:08 PM
George Groves card starts on channel SPIKE at 6.30

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2016, 05:32 PM
George Groves card starts on channel SPIKE at 6.30

Is the Groves fight just on CH5?

Zazu62
18-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Is the Groves fight just on CH5?

Yes

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Tough fight for Groves and he simply has to win.

I like him a lot, I remember talking him up a lot before the 1st Froch fight. He's good enough to win a world title imo and when interviewed he comes across well (aside from the usual selling a fight stuff). He hits very hard and has a great attitude.

#FromTheCapital
18-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Didn't realise this guy he's fighting has beaten GGG in the amateurs.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Groves jab is superb. When he doubles it up it's a real weapon.

Mon Dieu4
18-11-2016, 09:39 PM
That was a good round, definitely had him rocked there, I echo everything pretty boy says about groves, I like the guy, if he just sticks to boxing instead of getting into wars then he can be world champion

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 09:41 PM
I can't understand how this guy has only been stopped once (with a cut). Walks in straight lines, left hand is low and he's wild.

He must have a granite chin.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 09:58 PM
All Groves now. He's only lost 1, maybe 2 rounds imo.

#FromTheCapital
18-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Decent fight this. All Groves, can see a late stoppage.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Ref should be having a look at this. Guy clearly struggling to see and he's absolutely shattered.

Mon Dieu4
18-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Good fitness levels by Groves, McGuigan seems like a really good fit for him

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Shock horror 3 decent scorecards. Not far off spot on.

#FromTheCapital
18-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Hopefully a title shot for Groves next and I hope he wins it. His jab is world class, one of the best in boxing at the moment.

#FromTheCapital
19-11-2016, 05:32 AM
Eduard Gutknecht has apparently been taken to hospital after feeling unwell in the changing room, after his fight with Groves. He took some pretty severe punishment last night and his face was a mess. Hope he's ok.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Eduard Gutknecht has apparently been taken to hospital after feeling unwell in the changing room, after his fight with Groves. He took some pretty severe punishment last night and his face was a mess. Hope he's ok.

Said a few posts back the ref ahould have been taking a closer look at him, as should his corner.

It's all very well saying he deserved to finish the fight but he was out on his feet and taking some heavy shots, should have been pulled out for his own safety. Hope it's nothing too serious.

#FromTheCapital
19-11-2016, 05:58 AM
Said a few posts back the ref ahould have been taking a closer look at him, as should his corner.

It's all very well saying he deserved to finish the fight but he was out on his feet and taking some heavy shots, should have been pulled out for his own safety. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Agreed. There was no way he was winning that fight, so there was little point keeping him in, given the state of his face and the heavy shots he was taking right to the very end.

hibs#1
19-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Agree don't see what good it does anyone watching a guy who is clearly losing take a lot of extra punishment for no reason other than too just finish a fight.

Then other times they stop fights far to early I suppose it probably is completely different in the moment for the referee
Maybe the trainers should take a bigger say in stepping in.

Anyways not watched last night's fights yet have them recorded so will watch later on,think groves is very talented but I don't think he beats degale or smith can't say I've seen the Mexican WBO champion ramirez but he is very highly rated
Looks likely his next fight will be WBA super or regular title
Chudinov will probably be the opponent think if he doesn't win that then that'll be him done for.

Ps see gutknecht has had surgery wish him a full anday speedy recovery and further pushes home my earlier point.

Mon Dieu4
20-11-2016, 02:34 AM
Almost time!!! I'm hoping for a Kovalev to KO ward but think the classier boxing of Ward might prevail

Mon Dieu4
20-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Vegas scoring is strange, I had Kovalev winning that

Nameless
20-11-2016, 04:45 AM
That was a political decision if ever I've seen one. Kovalev won that fight, not by much, but he won it. Scoring is subjective, so when do you ever see all 3 judge's scoring it the same?? I feel heart sick for Kovalev, but not surprised - a Russian just got shafted by America, and elite level boxing is still corrupt.

Pretty Boy
20-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Funny how opinions differ when scoring a fight. I had Ward by a round.

Thought Kovalev was aggressive and throwing a lot but a lot of punches bounced off arms or were blocked. Wards counter punching was pretty accurate and he landed the better shots.

Mon Dieu4
20-11-2016, 09:33 AM

Thought Kovalev was aggressive and throwing a lot but a lot of punches bounced off arms or were blocked. Wards counter punching was pretty accurate and he landed the better shots.

Just had a chat with my pal about the same thing, like you he had Ward winning, maybe I'm just biased ad I don't really like Wards style of trying to constantly grab and work the inside

Nameless
20-11-2016, 09:42 AM

That is exactly my point. You need 3 judges who view things differently so you can achieve a fair result. A fight in Vegas, featuring an American against the traditional bad guy Russian, being scored by Americans does not constitute an impartial set of judges. That all 3 scored it the same astounds me, and I find it genuinely suspect.

Zazu62
20-11-2016, 09:47 AM
I can't believe they had 3 American judges scoring the fight, if course they were always going to give those close rounds to Ward, the guy won an Olympic medal for his country FFS.

If the same thing happened in Germany or Russia everyone would be screaming fix.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Billy Joe Saunders title defence has been switched to Paisley on 3rd December if that's of interest to anyone. Still tickets available.

#FromTheCapital
23-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Billy Joe Saunders title defence has been switched to Paisley on 3rd December if that's of interest to anyone. Still tickets available.

BJS is a decent fighter but a bit of a twat imo. Strange how it's taken him this long to have his first defence. He's had about 3 cancellations during the year, wouldn't be surprised to see this cancelled as well.

Zazu62
23-11-2016, 05:49 PM

Any idea why it was moved? Was really looking forward to this Saturdays boxnation card but if BJS isn't fighting and Ahmet Peterson pulling out of the Liam Williams fight it isn't looking as appealing like

CallumLaidlaw
25-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Haye v Bellew confirmed at Heavyweight on 4th March. I'll be cheering on Bellew but can't see anything other than Haye winning that.

#FromTheCapital
25-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Pretty sure Haye will be a step too far for Bellew, especially as it'll be his first fight as heavyweight. Would love to see Haye knock him out and that's probably a safe bet. I can't see it being a classic but the build-up should be entertaining!

Pretty Boy
25-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Haye will blow Bellew out within 6 or 7 rounds imo.

Far better cruiserweight and more than likely a far better heavyweight.

Mon Dieu4
25-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Bellew has got a punchers chance and we don't know how good Haye really is since his come back, even at 70/80% of his former ability I still think he has too much skill and power for Bellew

Build up will be great though

LustForLeith
25-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Going against the grain but i think Bellew is going to do it.

Should be a decent undercard. Anyone know when tickets are on sale?

Nameless
25-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Haye will stop him. He puches much harder than Adonis Stevens, who easily made Bellew look like a mug. I can see it being over in 3. As another has said, the build up will be entertaining, the fight less so. I'm not particularly fond of Haye, but I hope he retires Bellew - I can't stand that gobby twat, even if he is a toffee.

hibbysam
25-11-2016, 07:32 PM

I'd imagine there will be a good chance of Josh Taylor being on the undercard as Haye's stablemate. Either defending his own title or maybe even taking on Tyrone Nurse for the British title as he doesn't have a fight lined up as far as I can see.

hibs#1
25-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Haye will stop him. He puches much harder than Adonis Stevens, who easily made Bellew look like a mug. I can see it being over in 3. As another has said, the build up will be entertaining, the fight less so. I'm not particularly fond of Haye, but I hope he retires Bellew - I can't stand that gobby twat, even if he is a toffee.

Yeah I thought that about a adonis aswell don't really see how
Bellew thinks that a heavyweight won't do exactly what a light heavyweight has already done to him

Haye inside 3 rounds for me.

lord bunberry
25-11-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one. If Haye is back to his best he'll win, but Bellew is a tough customer and Haye hasn't really been in a proper attritional fight.

#FromTheCapital
26-11-2016, 07:33 AM

30th of November I believe. Think I'll give this one a miss myself but defintely looking to go to AJ v Klitschko which should hopefully be in April.

The_Exile
26-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Reminds me of Haye v Harrison, Haye's mates made a fortune from the fight as they basically named the round in which he'd KO Harrison, this is another of those "name the round boys" fights. Bellew has a ready made excuse and then drop back down to defend his cruiserweight title and will make a fortune from this as it's on PPV, and Haye looks great on the big stage and sets up a Joshua fight which will also make him a fortune. I'll be sticking some cash on a 3rd round knock out for Haye.

Haymaker
26-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Katie Taylor did a good job tonight.

lord bunberry
26-11-2016, 10:21 PM
I suppose I'm an old dinosaur, but I can't watch women's boxing. I gave it a bash tonight, but I had to turn it over.

Mon Dieu4
26-11-2016, 10:25 PM

Katie Taylor would beat Ohara Davies but I suppose it will have to be Josh Taylor instead if they are stupid enough to try and make that fight

Haymaker
27-11-2016, 04:23 AM
Lomanchenko fight is decent. Got him up all 6 so far.

Haymaker
27-11-2016, 04:29 AM
Lomanchenko fight is decent. Got him up all 6 so far.

Walters throw the towel in after the 7th. The ****?!

EDIT: Bottled it. Complete bottle job.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2016, 04:12 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/38124538

This is a bit concerning. Everyone involved should be subject to an investigation and disciplined if there are grounds to do so.

hibs#1
27-11-2016, 05:09 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/38124538

This is a bit concerning. Everyone involved should be subject to an investigation and disciplined if there are grounds to do so.

That is nuts,I can't believe those around him would allow him in a ring and might I add a total kick in teeth for everybody involved previously who gave there all to save his life might be harsh but I feel it's very selfish thing to have done.

#FromTheCapital
27-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Sorry, but what a ****ing idiot. Boxing was obviously a huge part of his life and I get that he'll probably feel like it's left a huge gap now that he's not supposed to be doing it anymore. But this is just insulting to his friends/family and all those who saved his life after the Eubank fight. As cruel as it sounds, I've no sympathy for him this time round.

Mon Dieu4
30-11-2016, 05:18 PM
The Haye Bellew press conference didn't disappoint haha

Nameless
30-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Yes, the pantomime has begun early this year. It is laughable that Bellew thinks he will last more than 3 rounds.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Think Paddy Power nailed it when they said they had seen more convincing Hollyoaks storylines.

Mon Dieu4
30-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Think Paddy Power nailed it when they said they had seen more convincing Hollyoaks storylines.

:faf::faf: I hadn't seen that, it's panto season I thought it was funny

easty
01-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Yes, the pantomime has begun early this year. It is laughable that Bellew thinks he will last more than 3 rounds.

He will

Nameless
01-12-2016, 03:35 PM
He will
He will not, and I'm basing that on ability, durability, punch power, punch resistance, stamina, speed and any other characteristic or statistic you could chose to measure a boxer. I'll even throw in romantic intangibles like "heart" and "desire" - Bellew is getting hurt, and it will happen quickly.

LustForLeith
01-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Conor McGregor granted a boxing license? Can't see him fighting Mahweather but you never know..!

Closer to home anyone else heading too the Leith Victoria event on Sunday? Can't wait!

Mon Dieu4
01-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Conor McGregor granted a boxing license? Can't see him fighting Mahweather but you never know..!

Closer to home anyone else heading too the Leith Victoria event on Sunday? Can't wait!

Stranger things have happened, id fight Mayweather for the money that would generate, I think it's just a publicity stunt by McGregor though, he fought a few weeks ago and is probably away for a rest but this keeps everyone talking about him

Pretty Boy
01-12-2016, 07:31 PM

I think Steve Bunce summed up McGregors chances against Mayweather pretty well in his analysis on the BBC.

I like McGregor, he plays his part well and generates a lot of business for himself as well as the UFC. However his boxing skills are such that he'd be lucky to land a single punch on Mayweather and as Bunce said would probably struggle against about half of the 2000+ licensed welterweight boxers. He's a top MMA fighter, a decent boxer by the standards required in that discipline but he's not a good boxer by boxing standards.

#FromTheCapital
01-12-2016, 08:20 PM
2 different sports, Mayweather would easily win a boxing match and McGregor would easily win an MMA match. But there's no point in discussing it because it will never happen.

LustForLeith
02-12-2016, 12:43 PM
With his license being granted in California it's even more unlikley that any fight between McGregor and mayweather would take place as I'm sure Mayweather would only ever fight in Vegas. Rumour has it...:wink:

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 06:51 PM
With his license being granted in California it's even more unlikley that any fight between McGregor and mayweather would take place as I'm sure Mayweather would only ever fight in Vegas. Rumour has it...:wink:

Apparently Vegas refused him one.

No danger Dana white will put his biggest star (by miles) in a position to be shown up the may mayweather won't happen and there are no other names about big enough too compensate the fact that in a boxing ring mcgregor wouldn't even make it to European level never mind world level.

hibs#1
03-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Billy Joe Saunders looks awful here.

Mon Dieu4
03-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Billy Joe Saunders looks awful here.

Sure is, really hope it's ring rust with being out for a year, he's usually a really classy fighter as well

Pretty Boy
03-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Lucky boy. If that had gone the other way then his corner could all have found themselves looking for new jobs. Their compacency and lack of urgency was strange.

Probably just about the right decision but he'll need to get back to his best if he's serious about taking on the big boys in the division.

Mon Dieu4
03-12-2016, 10:56 PM
The boy in his corner was giving shocking advice, well no advice at all really, expect much much better from Saunders than that, he's been honest as ever in his interview though

Pretty Boy
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Michael Katsidis the latest person to be touted as an opponent for/call out McGreggor.

Zazu62
05-12-2016, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=hibs#1;4872098]Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.[/QUOTE
Watched it. I had lebedev winning. Gassiev very good tho

HibernianJK
06-12-2016, 05:35 PM
I seem to remember recently a poster mentioned that BoxNation would become free to all BT customers. Can someone advise on if this is still the case and if so, how do I go about upgrading?

hibs#1
06-12-2016, 05:41 PM
I seem to remember recently a poster mentioned that BoxNation would become free to all BT customers. Can someone advise on if this is still the case and if so, how do I go about upgrading?

Is it not in the new year?

hibs#1
06-12-2016, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=hibs#1;4872098]Murat gassiev just beat Denis lebedov for the ibf cruiserweight title in a decent enough fight and a fair result I would say.[/QUOTE
Watched it. I had lebedev winning. Gassiev very good tho

Could have went the other way or a draw was quite close

I don't really score fights when I watch them just go with what I feel I've seen.

#FromTheCapital
06-12-2016, 11:37 PM

Yes in the new year, boxnation will be part of the BT Sport package.

I suspect that BoxNation will eventually disappear, but that's not based on anything other than a hunch. I used to subscribe to BoxNation but over the piece it was pretty poor. In reality there's no need for a 24/7 boxing channel that mostly shows old, insignificant fights. Sky sports have the balance right and I think BT Sport will follow suit.

johnbc70
07-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Are big fight press conferences stage managed these days, as there always seems to be some kind incident between the fighters. Today we had Chisora throwing a table!

hibs#1
07-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Are big fight press conferences stage managed these days, as there always seems to be some kind incident between the fighters. Today we had Chisora throwing a table!

Definitely think Eddie hearn encourages the fighters to create a bit controversy
Think he's been watching mcgregor and the wwe.

HibernianJK
07-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Is it not in the new year?

Yes in the new year, boxnation will be part of the BT Sport package.

I suspect that BoxNation will eventually disappear, but that's not based on anything other than a hunch. I used to subscribe to BoxNation but over the piece it was pretty poor. In reality there's no need for a 24/7 boxing channel that mostly shows old, insignificant fights. Sky sports have the balance right and I think BT Sport will follow suit.

Thanks guys:aok:

silverhibee
07-12-2016, 06:21 PM

That table looked a bit on the light side but what ever was thrown by the trainer looked to be a heavy object.

#FromTheCapital
07-12-2016, 06:56 PM

It does look a bit staged but I have to admit it's very entertaining!

lugz
07-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Do people still pay to watch these PPV events?

#FromTheCapital
08-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Apparently the British boxing board of control are having a meeting today to discuss whether or not the Whyte Chisora fight should go ahead following yesterday's press conference.

Steve-O
10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Parker just beat Ruiz for the WBO heavyweight title. Close fight but just about the right result. Parker will probably need to step up a gear if he's to win against the elite guys though.

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Do people still pay to watch these PPV events?

Eh? Of course they do. Plenty of folk will find alternative nethods to watch but still lucrative enough.

Godsahibby
10-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Never mind the boxing, the PPV tonight would be worth it for Kate Abdo alone!!

kenny.ff
10-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Conor benn did well in the opening fight, still dont see what the hype is about ortiz mind

hibs#1
10-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Wow what a finish by buglioni in the last round

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Burton Bugglioni was a great fight and what a finish

kenny.ff
10-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Great fight, burton looked in shock after the count and was still stunned.

hibs#1
10-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Great fight, burton looked in shock after the count and was still stunned.

Yeah think he was done after the first big shot he was never going to recover.buglioni needed that I believe to win don't think Burton had the power to really hurt him where as I thought Burton was the better boxer.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 07:35 PM
What a punch by Smith, hope the guy is ok

hibs#1
10-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Went for a beer and missed the end.got to say smith was miles ahead of blackledge and won't get properly tested till he fights with the big boys.think we are looking at a multi weight world champion.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 07:45 PM
That made me feel sick. I'm pleased the lad has walked from the ring, but 2 recent fights have shown that means nothing. The German Groves beat is still in a coma as far as I know. That was some consistent punishment doled out by Smith - he is a world champion in 2017, no doubt.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 08:11 PM
That made me feel sick. I'm pleased the lad has walked from the ring, but 2 recent fights have shown that means nothing. The German Groves beat is still in a coma as far as I know. That was some consistent punishment doled out by Smith - he is a world champion in 2017, no doubt.

I agree his corner should've pulled him out a couple of rounds before the end. I suppose they were thinking that if he went the distance with a quality operator like smith it would've opened a lot of doors for him. In the end all they did was subject their fighter to a horrific beating.

hibs#1
10-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I agree his corner should've pulled him out a couple of rounds before the end. I suppose they were thinking that if he went the distance with a quality operator like smith it would've opened a lot of doors for him. In the end all they did was subject their fighter to a horrific beating.

Happens far too often,Alot of times your sat watching in disbelief,nobody gains out of it.

Kal yafai looking really good here looks a cert for winning his qst world title here.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Happens far too often,Alot of times your sat watching in disbelief,nobody gains out of it.

Kal yafai looking really good here looks a cert for winning his qst world title here.

Agreed on Yafai, he seems unusually vocal in his corner between rounds which is a bit different.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Yal has boxed the perfect fight. I suspect Concepcion may have been sharper if he was defending his belt, but all credit to Yal, a worthy world champion!

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Yal has boxed the perfect fight. I suspect Concepcion may have been sharper if he was defending his belt, but all credit to Yal, a worthy world champion!

I'm not sure about that. To lose your title on the scales is absolutely criminal.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure about that. To lose your title on the scales is absolutely criminal.
I agree, the lad should be ashamed. I just feel that Yal would have been in a war if it was a "real" title fight. Concepcion's heart didn't seem to be in it, as he knew that if he won the fight he still lost the belt.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 08:57 PM
I agree, the lad should be ashamed. I just feel that Yal would have been in a war if it was a "real" title fight. Concepcion's heart didn't seem to be in it, as he knew that if he won the fight he still lost the belt.

I think that's right, but you have to question his commitment

Nameless
10-12-2016, 09:03 PM
I think that's right, but you have to question his commitment
Fair comment, to miss the weight in a title defence is odd.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 09:20 PM
This is some shift by Quigg as well

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 09:30 PM
This will be good,Katie Taylor is exciting to watch.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 09:34 PM
This will be good,Katie Taylor is exciting to watch.
She sparred with the lads in the ROI Olympic squad, and by all accounts didn't look out of place. Should she be boxing men, given that there is NOBODY in women's boxing that is anywhere near her level?

Nameless
10-12-2016, 09:35 PM
This is some shift by Quigg as well
Pleased for Quigg. I don't think he done himself justice against Frampton, so hopefully this is a return to the old Quigg.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 09:37 PM
She sparred with the lads in the ROI Olympic squad, and by all accounts didn't look out of place. Should she be boxing men, given that there is NOBODY in women's boxing that is anywhere near her level?

She would get annihilated in the men's game.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Pleased for Quigg. I don't think he done himself justice against Frampton, so hopefully this is a return to the old Quigg.

Yeah he's a really likeable guy, can't help but wish him the best

Nameless
10-12-2016, 09:41 PM
She would get annihilated in the men's game.
Progress her as you would any boxer going from amateur to pro - incremental jumps in quality. I honestly think she'd be boxing for a European title within 2 years.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Progress her as you would any boxer going from amateur to pro - incremental jumps in quality. I honestly think she'd be boxing for a European title within 2 years.

I don't agree with that. There's very few sports where men compete with women, especially when the sport involves strength. Obviously I could be wrong, but it's unlikely we'll ever know.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Here comes the nut jobs. Should be interesting.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't agree with that. There's very few sports where men compete with women, especially when the sport involves strength. Obviously I could be wrong, but it's unlikely we'll ever know.
Serena Williams would be a top 10 player in the men's game, as she has the strength and technique. You're right we will never know, but I think KT could mix it with the men in the lighter weight categories.

Anyway, now for the serious stuff. Who is winning out of Whyte and Chisora? I say Del Boy inside 8.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Hope Whyte knocks his heid off, I've grown to really really like him over the last year

bigwheel
10-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Serena Williams would be a top 10 player in the men's game, as she has the strength and technique. You're right we will never know, but I think KT could mix it with the men in the lighter weight categories.

Anyway, now for the serious stuff. Who is winning out of Whyte and Chisora? I say Del Boy inside 8.

No chance , she wouldn't be in the top 100...in fact, i'm pretty sure, she had a game against someone around that level, and he won comfortably.

edit - when they were young (16/17) they claimed they could beat any man outside the top 200...they played a guy ranked 208..he beat them both at singles winning 6-1 and 6-2

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Sorry bud, absolutely no danger Serena would be top ten in the mens game.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Sorry bud, absolutely no danger Serena would be top ten in the mens game.
I might be slightly biased, as I have a thing for girls with big thighs......

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
I might be slightly biased, as I have a thing for girls with big thighs......

Thighs bigger than Souness ever had, seek professional help 😁

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:21 PM
This is a bit tasty

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:28 PM
What a great fight this is, could go either way. White to edge it for me.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 10:29 PM
This is a proper slugfest haha

Nameless
10-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Fight of the year - how are they both still standing??

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Great round and a bit of afters. If the main event lives up to this we're in for some fight.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd hate to have to judge this one.

#FromTheCapital
10-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Wow. Dillian Whyte's chin is something else. Great fight

#FromTheCapital
10-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Can't see this going the distance.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Can't see this going the distance.

Neither of them seems likely to go down.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 10:41 PM
They have both earned their wage tonight, can't remember a heavyweight fight with so many punches thrown for a very long time

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:44 PM
They have both earned their wage tonight, can't remember a heavyweight fight with so many punches thrown for a very long time

I hope it's a draw

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 10:46 PM
I hope it's a draw

I kinda do now too, there will be a rematch that's for sure

#FromTheCapital
10-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Neither of them seems likely to go down.

Seems we were both wrong 😁

What a fight!!!!

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Wow what a ****in fight that was.

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Wow ! Cracker. Draw would be right.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Take a bow both of you, that was amazing

Pretty Boy
10-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Get the rematch signed now.

#FromTheCapital
10-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Whyte wins. Tough to split them. Hopefully a rematch on the cards.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Whyte wins. Tough to split them. Hopefully a rematch on the cards.

I think it will be. Hopefully for a title next time.

kenny.ff
10-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Could see hearn tell dellboy they will do it again. Will be the main event next time i think, what a battle

Nameless
10-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Respect to Whyte and Chisora, both absolute warriors. I'd watch that again and gladly pay for the privilege.

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2016, 11:03 PM
AJ third round.

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 11:03 PM
I hope Joshua turns on the style tonight, but he's yet to convince me he's the real deal.

Benny Brazil
10-12-2016, 11:17 PM
What a punch! Game over.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 11:18 PM
AJ third round.
Good call.

I'm_cabbaged
10-12-2016, 11:21 PM
How many knock downs? I've got a bet on 1 👍

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 11:25 PM
It's time for Joshua to step up to the next level. A potential great, I just want to see him in with a real fighter. He looks to have everything.

Benny Brazil
10-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Joshua v Klitschko could be a cracker and a huge step up for Joshua

lord bunberry
10-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Joshua v Klitschko could be a cracker and a huge step up for Joshua

Wembley stadium April 29th. How about a hibs.net jolly to the smoke?

Nameless
10-12-2016, 11:31 PM
YES!! 2017 is going to be a phenomenal year in boxing.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2016, 11:32 PM

She wouldn't be in the top 50 in the men's rankings.

Nameless
10-12-2016, 11:40 PM
She wouldn't be in the top 50 in the men's rankings.
In my opinion, she has better ground strokes than the likes of Cilic, and is on par with Nishikori or Wawrinka. Maybe she isn't the force she was, but in her prime I reckon she would hold her own in the top 10 of the men's game.

silverhibee
11-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Wembley stadium April 29th. How about a hibs.net jolly to the smoke?

Up for that, and I'll bring the smoke. :greengrin

easty
11-12-2016, 12:31 AM
In my opinion, she has better ground strokes than the likes of Cilic, and is on par with Nishikori or Wawrinka. Maybe she isn't the force she was, but in her prime I reckon she would hold her own in the top 10 of the men's game.

No chance she could compete with any of those 3. Not even in her prime.

Speedy
11-12-2016, 08:33 AM
No chance she could compete with any of those 3. Not even in her prime.

Agreed.

She'd probably be about the level of Dan Evans.

HibernianJK
11-12-2016, 09:43 AM

It's not just the strokes . It's the fitness, movement, and athleticism. Sexist or not, Serena doesn't come close to those guys.

Nameless
11-12-2016, 10:00 AM
I have veered this thread massively off topic - I withdraw all previously stated views about Serena Williams.....apart from the bit about her thighs.

Frazerbob
11-12-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm not buying the hype around AJ v Klitshko. WK is what, 41? Won't have fought for 18 months and was poor that night when losing to a very poor world champion. Does he deserve one last chance..... he was a great champion, if a bit dull at times, so yes he does but it's not the defining fight for AJ folk are making out. They seem a bit too pally for it to be a great fight also. Haye v Bellew has me more excited if I'm honest.

Whilst I'm at it, Whyte v Chisora fight of the year? You're having a laugh. Yes it was brutal, exciting and some huge punches landed but not much fitness & very little skill in show. 2 average domestic level fighters who are both an embarrassment to the sport IMHO. It wasn't exact the sweet science Lennox used to talk about.

easty
11-12-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm not buying the hype around AJ v Klitshko. WK is what, 41? Won't have fought for 18 months and was poor that night when losing to a very poor world champion. Does he deserve one last chance..... he was a great champion, if a bit dull at times, so yes he does but it's not the defining fight for AJ folk are making out. They seem a bit too pally for it to be a great fight also. Haye v Bellew has me more excited if I'm honest.

Whilst I'm at it, Whyte v Chisora fight of the year? You're having a laugh. Yes it was brutal, exciting and some huge punches landed but not much fitness & very little skill in show. 2 average domestic level fighters who are both an embarrassment to the sport IMHO. It wasn't exact the sweet science Lennox used to talk about.

Whyte v Chisora was my favourite fight this year. Very entertaining. Just because they're far from the most talented doesn't mean it can't be the best/most entertaining.

Agree about the AJ v WK fight though. I'm not expecting a great fight there. It'll be a good test for Joshua though, up against a very smart boxer for a change.

#FromTheCapital
11-12-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm not buying the hype around AJ v Klitshko. WK is what, 41? Hasn't fought for 18 months and was poor that night when losing to a junkie nutter. Does he deserve one last chance.....yes but it's not the defining fight for AJ folk are making out. They seem a bit too pally for it to be a great fight also. Hate v Bellew has me more excited if I'm honest.

Joshua v Klitschko should be a great fight I reckon. Even with Klitschko at 41, it's a huge step up from anyone Joshua has faced so far. I reckon Joshua should have enough to beat him, Klitschko's last couple of fights showed a real decline imo and by the time this happens it will have been a year and half since he boxed. A really intriguing fight. Personally, I love the respect shown between the two fighters.

As for Whyte v Chisora, it far exceeded my expectations. It was never going to be a boxing masterclass but it was definitely one of the best heavyweight tear-ups of the last year. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting to be honest? When it first got made I thought the build up would be great, but the fight would be a 12 round hug-fest. I got the first part of that prediction correct and I'm glad to see that the fight did not disappoint.

Frazerbob
11-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, the fight far exceeded my expectations and was the highlight of the bill, no doubt. Just think they are both very limited fighters and showed next to no skill or fitness for a fight second on the bill at the HW world title show and to be talked about as fight of the year. It was a street brawl.

I also agree the AJ fight is a great step up for him. I hope and think he will, win fairly easily though. It will give him credibility as a real champ. I look forward to him fighting Haye more.

#FromTheCapital
11-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah fair dos. I'm not a huge fan of either fighter myself, but as the saying goes - styles make fights and what they gave last night was as good as we were ever going to see from these two. Evidently, they are both evenly matched.

I think the timing is spot on for Joshua to take this fight. Having Klitchsko on his CV will elevate him to the top of the sport then he can look at the likes of Haye, Wilder etc.

kenny.ff
11-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Klitchko talking to the croud was a bit cringey i thought, just kept thinking give the mic back to eddie hearn

Frazerbob
11-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Klitchko talking to the croud was a bit cringey i thought, just kept thinking give the mic back to eddie hearn

Aye it was a bit WWE.

Frazerbob
11-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Yeh definitely evenly matched and I'll watch the rematch. Hopefully they behave in the build up this time, they shouldn't need to hype it up. Use their energy in getting into better shape.

hibs#1
11-12-2016, 02:19 PM
A fully fit and motivated david haye is really the only dangerous opponent I can see for joshua,think he's too big,fast,young and hungry for wlad not been overly impressed by ortiz there was a lot of hype around him and it seems to be just that,parker is an interesting one don't think anyone knows how good he is,other than that don't think pulev troubles him maybe Wilder.certainly not price,whyte,chisora or any more poor fighters from across the pond he's fought enough of them

Haye might be finished as a heavyweight but we won't know until he fights a real quality fighter (he steamrolls bellew)

Fury is out of the question at the minute and not really a fight I'd like too see fury style doesn't always make for good viewing.

Kind of lost track of what my actual point is but it's along the lines of joshua running out of good opponents definitely think that's why Eddie hearn has signed ortiz and sky have been keeping upto date with parker aswell.

kenny.ff
11-12-2016, 02:36 PM
A fully fit and motivated david haye is really the only dangerous opponent I can see for joshua,think he's too big,fast,young and hungry for wlad not been overly impressed by ortiz there was a lot of hype around him and it seems to be just that,parker is an interesting one don't think anyone knows how good he is,other than that don't think pulev troubles him maybe Wilder.certainly not price,whyte,chisora or any more poor fighters from across the pond he's fought enough of them

Haye might be finished as a heavyweight but we won't know until he fights a real quality fighter (he steamrolls bellew)

Fury is out of the question at the minute and not really a fight I'd like too see fury style doesn't always make for good viewing.

Kind of lost track of what my actual point is but it's along the lines of joshua running out of good opponents definitely think that's why Eddie hearn has signed ortiz and sky have been keeping upto date with parker aswell.

David haye is done. He will beat bellew but only because of the size difrence. Stick haye in with anyone else and he gets made to look like a joke imo. Passed it now and only trying to get a few big paydays with the least rist

hibs#1
11-12-2016, 02:40 PM
David haye is done. He will beat bellew but only because of the size difrence. Stick haye in with anyone else and he gets made to look like a joke imo. Passed it now and only trying to get a few big paydays with the least rist

He might well be,but until he has fought a proper good heavyweight we won't know.

Brussel Patepy
11-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Give me some of what you're smoking mate.

HibernianJK
11-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Klitschko is a good fight as it is a huge name at the end of his powers. It gives the fans a big enough fight and it also provides AJ with another step up while not being to the extreme top level yet.

#FromTheCapital
11-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Klitschko is a good fight as it is a huge name at the end of his powers. It gives the fans a big enough fight and it also provides AJ with another step up while not being to the extreme top level yet.

Agreed. A winnable fight which will silence some of the critics and give him some valuable experience at the top level. If he gets the win then the hype can be somewhat justified, especially if he does it in style with a stoppage.

Zazu62
11-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Klitschko is past it for me, 41 years old and by the time April comes around he wouldn't have fought in about 14/15 months? I just don't think he can let his hands go anymore, he managed about 10 punches against Fury although Joshua and Fury are completely different fighters.

#FromTheCapital
13-12-2016, 05:46 PM
I see Chris Eubank Jr has moved up to super middleweight for his next fight in early 2017. It's against Renold Quinlan (nope, haven't heard of him either) and it will be on ITV pay per view. Baffling to say the least when he's achieved **** all so far at middleweight. I think his career is being very poorly managed.

hibs#1
13-12-2016, 07:00 PM
I see Chris Eubank Jr has moved up to super middleweight for his next fight in early 2017. It's against Renold Quinlan (nope, haven't heard of him either) and it will be on ITV pay per view. Baffling to say the least when he's achieved **** all so far at middleweight. I think his career is being very poorly managed.

Had never heard of the guy either had a wee look doesn't seem to have fought outside Australia only had 12 fights and lost one for the Australian title,beat Daniel geale last time for the IBO title.which is clearly why Eubank is fighting him he's looking for the easiest way too a world title.

I agree he's been poorly managed so far plenty big names and fights out there for him but seems to take the easiest option
I think he thought saunders was any easy option and came unstuck.
Itv box office is new one to me aswell seems that everyone wants to be on ppv now.better be a good undercard cos they will struggle to sell this they would be better having this one on free to air 1st and see how viewing figures and appetite goes for the future be good too see boxing back on ITV.they do seem to be bring different sports back too itv seeing as they are bringing back world of sport over Xmas.

Mon Dieu4
13-12-2016, 08:16 PM

Strange move if he has any aspirations of being a world champion, Degale, Jack, Smith and Groves etc would all spark him out, he'd have been better off staying a middleweight as GGG can't have too many fights left then trying to pick up one of those belts might be a better option

The advice he gets off his old man will ruin him, he's a grown man now and it's no excuse anymore

hibbysam
13-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Josh taylor confirmed on the undercard of Frampton-Santa Cruz in Vegas on January 28th. What an experience the laddie has gained already. Edinburgh, Belfast, Manchester, Vegas, El Paso, Cardiff and New York, all before he has even had 10 fights!

lord bunberry
26-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Anyone watching the fights of the year programme on sky? This year has seen some really cracking matchups. Tony Bellew comes across as a decent knowledgeable guy.

#FromTheCapital
27-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Yeah watched that recently. There has been some decent fights in 2016, watching those highlights of the Whyte v Chisora fight really brought home how much of a good fight it was. Likewise, it really showed how much of a mismatch Brook v GGG was. And Anthony Joshua hasn't even been out of first gear all year long with the poor standard of opponent he's faced, big year coming up for him.

hibs#1
29-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Should be a big year coming up. With itv now back in the frame
They've announced there 1st show 27th of January I think be good for boxers to have different options available to them.
Brook vs khan looks to be goer this time.
Rumours of burns getting a unification bout with Juluis indongo the current ibf and IBO champion.
Can't say I've seen him,anyone?

Plenty other big fights already made
I'm guessing quigg and crolla will get title shots this year all 4 smith brothers probably will,dillian whyte might,groves also looks likely too get the WBA title shot.

If Frampton beats santa cruz again I'd quite like him vs Selby later in the year.

What's everyone else looking forward to, or any fights you'd like too see in 2017?

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Brook v khan looking likely, would love to see that and I think Brook wins. GGG v Canelo pencilled for September as well, that should be a cracker.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Parker v Hughie Fury seems to be on the table for April. Talks well underway apparently.

Mon Dieu4
31-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Parker v Hughie Fury seems to be on the table for April. Talks well underway apparently.

That would be a good fight for Fury, it's definitely his easiest route for a world title, will be interesting to see how they both do, Parker is still relatively unproven imo

#FromTheCapital
31-12-2016, 09:36 AM
I haven't seen much of Hughie Fury, but from what I have seen it's clear that he's from the same stable as Tyson. He needs a fight like this to prove himself. I can't remember anyone making much fuss about Tyson until he beat Wlad, so this could be exactly what Hughie needs.

Steve-O
03-01-2017, 06:43 AM

Likely to be in New Zealand

Pretty Boy
08-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Freddie Roach quoted in the Record (I know, I know) as saying Manny Pacquiao could come to the UK this year and Ricky Burns is a possible opponent.

Can't see it and it would be lucky to go 3 rounds but big payday and a great opportunity for Burns.

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Hughie Fury is a phenomenal talent and will beat Parker.

His footwork , boxing brain and shot selection and variety for a heavyweight are second to none (including his cousin) and certainly miles better than Joseph Parker. He is not a massive puncher for a heavyweight and Parker can dig but I can see Fury fighting on the outside and dominating the fight. Parker's stamina has also looked suspect in a couple of fights.

He is the polar opposite of Tyson in terms of personality which may hinder his marketability but as a pure boxer he has huge potential.

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Freddie Roach quoted in the Record (I know, I know) as saying Manny Pacquiao could come to the UK this year and Ricky Burns is a possible opponent.

Can't see it and it would be lucky to go 3 rounds but big payday and a great opportunity for Burns.

Eddie Hearn was on Twitter yesterday saying there is no truth in this. Ricky Burns next fight is getting announced on Wednesday.

Mon Dieu4
14-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Degale V Jack tonight, should be a decent fight, if they both perform to their maximum I think Deagle will win, sets up a couple of big fights with Smith and Groves which would be great, also looking forward to seeing Pedrosa again on the undercard

Pretty Boy
14-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Degale V Jack tonight, should be a decent fight, if they both perform to their maximum I think Deagle will win, sets up a couple of big fights with Smith and Groves which would be great, also looking forward to seeing Pedrosa again on the undercard

Is this Sky Sports?

I see Canelo v Chavez jr has been signed for 6th May. Another catchweight for Canelo......

Mon Dieu4
14-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Is this Sky Sports?

I see Canelo v Chavez jr has been signed for 6th May. Another catchweight for Canelo......

Sky sports 1 at 2am

I seriously think Canello is waiting on Golovkins age catching up on him before he entertains that fight, he's being a bit of a pussy about it imo

Mon Dieu4
15-01-2017, 02:28 AM
First 2 fights have been excellent, will let the people who have not done an all nighter watch it before I spoil them and talk about it

Degale up next

Frazerbob
15-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Great fight, gutted with the decision as had Degale on points but can't argue with the draw. Mayweather is a complete prick. Needs to be centre of attention. Can't believe Sky cut off the programme mid interview and with very little post fight reaction. Expect better from them.