PDA

View Full Version : London Hibs Burns Night

London Hibs Supporters Club
24-10-2016, 06:43 PM
If any of you folks are interested in attending, please see this thread in the London Hibs forum.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?313875-2017-Burns-Night&p=4843919#post4843919

As outlined, we've a delegation from Hibs coming down and they're going to be bringing the Scottish Cup with them. You also won't miss the QoS match :wink:.

I hope to see some old and new faces.

:flag::flag:

Jack
24-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Its a bit sad it's far flung supporters that are so keen to get something like this organised while in Leith all there is is tumbleweed!

While this is happening in London I've heard of similar happening in places like Australia and New Zealand ... and still the tumbleweed blows in the wind down Easter Road!

Opportunity surely for the Football club or even the Hibs Supporters Club to fill the gap.

DaveF
24-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Its a bit sad it's far flung supporters that are so keen to get something like this organised while in Leith all there is is tumbleweed!

While this is happening in London I've heard of similar happening in places like Australia and New Zealand ... and still the tumbleweed blows in the wind down Easter Road!

Opportunity surely for the Football club or even the Hibs Supporters Club to fill the gap.

Not sure I follow what you are getting at Jack?

It might be obvious, but I'm not that bright :greengrin

24-10-2016, 08:22 PM

I suppose it's simply liaison between us as a supporters club and the football club itself. If you build up a rapport then it works both ways.

FWIW - the club sponsors are also pivotal players and can help pull a few strings. Recently, Whyte & MaKay and Crabbies supplied us with as much booze as we could drink (we gave it our best shot and our livers took one for the team) and McEwan Fraser helped us with some fantastic hospitality packages and merchandise for raffle prizes. Marathon Bet (who I met on Friday) are also going to play a blinder and will make this a night to remember. It's simply great PR and a win/win with a minimal outlay.

It's more about being proactive rather than simply being reactive. I shudder to think how much cash our members spend on following Hibs and an event such as this is us getting something back.

Far be it for me to decry what other branches are or aren't doing - but we're simply trying to raise as much money as possible so we can continue to purchase season tickets for our members (which we rarely use).

Jack
24-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Not sure I follow what you are getting at Jack?

It might be obvious, but I'm not that bright :greengrin

Why don't we have one, or two, or more Hibs Supporters Burns Nights up here?

I'm just jealous of all these guys having a Hibby good time!

Jack
24-10-2016, 08:55 PM
I suppose it's simply liaison between us as a supporters club and the football club itself. If you build up a rapport then it works both ways.

FWIW - the club sponsors are also pivotal players and can help pull a few strings. Recently, Whyte & MaKay and Crabbies supplied us with as much booze as we could drink (we gave it our best shot and our livers took one for the team) and McEwan Fraser helped us with some fantastic hospitality packages and merchandise for raffle prizes. Marathon Bet (who I met on Friday) are also going to play a blinder and will make this a night to remember. It's simply great PR and a win/win with a minimal outlay.

It's more about being proactive rather than simply being reactive. I shudder to think how much cash our members spend on following Hibs and an event such as this is us getting something back.

Far be it for me to decry what other branches are or aren't doing - but we're simply trying to raise as much money as possible so we can continue to purchase season tickets for our members (which we rarely use).

Like :-)

Tinribs
25-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Why don't we have one, or two, or more Hibs Supporters Burns Nights up here?

I'm just jealous of all these guys having a Hibby good time!

Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that I think. A bit like st. Paddys day, the Americans and particularly the Bostonians take that to another level :)

Berwickhibby
26-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Berwick and District Hibs Supporters used to always have a great Burns Night every year

brog
26-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Berwick and District Hibs Supporters used to always have a great Burns Night every year

That of course is because Bill, ex London Hibs took our model & applied it brilliantly for the Berwick branch! Bill, if you read this say hello.

Earlydelivery
26-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Been down twice for the dinners and they are fab just a great laugh from start to finish

Berwickhibby
26-10-2016, 10:16 PM
That of course is because Bill, ex London Hibs took our model & applied it brilliantly for the Berwick branch! Bill, if you read this say hello.

Hello Brian, hope you are well bud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HibbyDave
28-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Happy to "Address the haggis" if needed? One of the few recitations I can deliver. I love holy Wullie's prayer and of course Tam o Shanter

04-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but...

...if anyone is still interested in attending our Burns Night on the 28th January, can you drop me a PM with your email address so I can add you to the list. We've only got a handful of tickets left and this will be a ticket only event. No ticket = No entry.

We also have two options for the Saturday afternoon. We are attempting to get a live feed of the match against QoS and our plan is to show this in a private cinema in Central London. All parties are in agreement, however this is dependent on the quality of infrastructure at Palmerston Park. If they don't have a suitable fibre optic cable, then it might be a non-starter.

We do have a Plan B - if there is no live feed, we're going to show the 'Time for Hero's' DVD with the sound turned up to full volume :greengrin.

:flag:

07-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT

Flyman
07-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT

What do you mean sold out? I've just found out about it. Can't you get a bigger venue?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-11-2016, 12:45 PM
What do you mean sold out? I've just found out about it. Can't you get a bigger venue?

Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out?

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out?

Yes at Tynecastle,they sell out but there is always spare seats ;-)

Flyman
08-11-2016, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=HUTCHYHIBBY;4854142]Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out
When you are holding an event with a lot of interest (such as a cup final) you book a bigger venue (Hampden rather than Tynie ). There's a bigger pub around the corner on Kingsway for a start, and 3 months before the event.

Sergey
08-11-2016, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=HUTCHYHIBBY;4854142]Have you had any joy with this approach when football stadiums sell out
When you are holding an event with a lot of interest (such as a cup final) you book a bigger venue (Hampden rather than Tynie ). There's a bigger pub around the corner on Kingsway for a start, and 3 months before the event.

I've sent you a PM and asked you to email me with your requirements and I'll see what can be done. We can probably squeeze in a couple of extra seats on a table, but not a dozen.

Why aren't you on the London Hibs Mailing List? You'd have known about this months ago.