PDA

View Full Version : Seen Craig Thomson

Spike Mandela
24-10-2016, 03:06 PM
My daughter had a hospital appt this afternoon and on returning to the waiting room who is sitting there but none other than Craig Thomson.

I have always been in the camp that think he cheated us in the cup final and is generally a pretty incompetent referee with yesterday's game the latest evidence for the prosecution. I have so much that I would have liked to say to/ask him but the enviroment of a childrens hospital waiting room was rather inappropriate obviously.

Have any of you out there ever met the man either professionally or randomly and discussed football, refereeing or even got in an argument?

Enough said
24-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Sh*tebag

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2016, 03:09 PM
My daughter had a hospital appt this afternoon and on returning to the waiting room who is sitting there but none other than Craig Thomson.

I have always been in the camp that think he cheated us in the cup final and is generally a pretty incompetent referee with yesterday's game the latest evidence for the prosecution. I have so much that I would have liked to say to/ask him but the enviroment of a childrens hospital waiting room was rather inappropriate obviously.

Have any of you out there ever met the man either professionally or randomly and discussed football, refereeing or even got in an argument?

Was he getting a whistle removed from his arse?

:greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
24-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Seen him in my local Tesco with his daughter once. Jim Duffy also stays 2mins away from me so I see him in there all the time. Also see Ian Durrants older brother and Keith Lasley, the M'well skipper down there all the time!

northstandhibby
24-10-2016, 03:35 PM

:hilarious

That was a cracker.

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Think he used to work for a lawyer I dealt with some years ago. Funny thing was they definitely did do work for the yams. Possible someone there could have been at the wind up.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
24-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Haven't seen Thomson and wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

I did however do one of my coaching badges and John Rowbotham (sp) the old baldy headed ref same along and spoke at it.

He was a really decent guy who iirc didn't care for our pink neighbours much.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Not Thomson but understand your predicament. Gary Mackay complete with his "Show Rascism the Red Card" rubber bracelet sat opposite me on the train through to Glasgow. It was too early really I did clock the irony....

where'stheslope
24-10-2016, 04:04 PM

I did however do one of my coaching badges and John Rowbotham (sp) the old baldy headed ref same along and spoke at it.

Which goes to prove that certain referees do have agendas.
And when you are looking for fair play you have to know referees leanings to other clubs!

Pete
24-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Don't think I'd say anything to Thomson. We all know about his fairly recent anti hibs agenda and how it eased hearts to the cup but what can you say? The only people who should really be talking to him about it are the hearts fans thanking him for his behaviour (I'm not sure he'd like that, as it questions his integrity)

Anyway, 3-2 wipes it all out.

greenginger
24-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Never met the man myself but I do know the boss of the Electrical Engineers he works for as a sort of legal consultant .

I gave him a call a few months after That cup final to get his take on Mr Thomson's biases.

His opinion was that Thomson had no particular leanings for or against any particular club, but he was prone to making glaring errors whilst refereeing. He also said a few others from various clubs had asked the same type of question.

If Thomson was not personally biased against us in that cup final , it must have been business. Maybe a wad of hot Lithuanian Litas was offered , but knowing the way Vlad worked , Mr Thomson would have ended up as another name on the creditor's list if he was stupid enough to put in a claim for his fee. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
24-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Had the misfortune to sit next to Craig levein on a flight to Tenerife a couple of years ago. Miserable po faced ****!

Mikeystewart
24-10-2016, 05:30 PM
I find all this Thomson stuff quite tiresome. I have more anguish for the performance of the players and the quality within that particular incarnation of a hibs team. Even if Hibs with 11 men and Ian black red carded wouldn't have won that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 05:35 PM
I find all this Thomson stuff quite tiresome. I have more anguish for the performance of the players and the quality within that particular incarnation of a hibs team. Even if Hibs with 11 men and Ian black red carded wouldn't have won that day.

I think you're right when all's said and done. Something was definitely wrong with the way he ran the game though and it might be reasonable to suggest a lack of hibs bias on his part?

I think we'd have won the cup if Doherty had been playing for the yams though[emoji6]

24-10-2016, 05:38 PM

Agree. Thompson did cheat that day and his decisions against us over the years have been ridiculous but he is not the reason we lost that final. I don't think the scoreline would have been quite so flattering for hearts in that final if it wasn't for his wee helping hands but they most certainly would have still won. They had a team well beyond what they could afford and they were playing one of the absolute worst hibs team in living memory.

scuttle
24-10-2016, 06:08 PM

Was that at Forth Valley Falkirk Spike ? Thought I saw him there today

Slim Shady
24-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Not Thomson but understand your predicament. Gary Mackay complete with his "Show Rascism the Red Card" rubber bracelet sat opposite me on the train through to Glasgow. It was too early really I did clock the irony....

Gary Mackay was shopping in our local Asda my youngest lad was tagging along with the wife but being a complete pain in the arse, running riot. The wife managed to calm him down by telling him that the man was a football player. He was awe of this.

Fast forward to the tills and Gary is in front of my wife and Lewis.
Lewis still staring at Gary who turns and says hiya to the wee man.

"Did you play football?"

"Yes son, not for that team tho" noticing Lewis Hibs home strip.

"I played for Hearts!" Gary proclaimed.

Quick as a flash Lewis replied

"Aye!! Well ma da' says Hearts are *****!!"

Wife didn't know where to look and began to apologise. Fair play to Gary, took it in good spirits and walked off laughing.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2016, 06:40 PM
I've never met CT but I did used to work beside Bill Crombie, another Hearts bassa :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Gary Mackay was shopping in our local Asda my youngest lad was tagging along with the wife but being a complete pain in the arse, running riot. The wife managed to calm him down by telling him that the man was a football player. He was awe of this.

Fast forward to the tills and Gary is in front of my wife and Lewis.
Lewis still staring at Gary who turns and says hiya to the wee man.

"Did you play football?"

"Yes son, not for that team tho" noticing Lewis Hibs home strip.

"I played for Hearts!" Gary proclaimed.

Quick as a flash Lewis replied

"Aye!! Well ma da' says Hearts are *****!!"

Wife didn't know where to look and began to apologise. Fair play to Gary, took it in good spirits and walked off laughing.
Much hilarity in my house just now, great story. You need to teach the boy to say Lewis has a league cup and Scottish cup winners medal for the next time he bumps into medals mackay though[emoji1]

deekster
24-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Thompson works as the lawyer for the company I work for. It is said that your not aloud to speak to him on football matters and it could cost you your job if you do.
Only seen him once . He walk into the reception while I was there and gave me a look that said " yes it is me " while I gave him a look which said " FUD!!! "

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Thompson works as the lawyer for the company I work for. It is said that your not aloud to speak to him on football matters and it could cost you your job if you do.
Only seen him once . He walk into the reception while I was there and gave me a look that said " yes it is me " while I gave him a look which said " FUD!!! "
Am thinking it could be the yams lawyers after all then[emoji6] or at least they were in the nineties?

No naming names!

24-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I bumped into Gary Mackay after a derby at Tyne castle not so long ago. His big smug coupon lit up upon seeing my Hibs scarf as they had won. Quite proud that I reflexively called him a racist ****bag.

allezsauzee
24-10-2016, 06:54 PM
I've never met CT but I did used to work beside Bill Crombie, another Hearts bassa :greengrin

To be fair to Bill Crombie, he wasn't a cheat and was the referee for Sir Albert's greatest ever game :greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-10-2016, 06:59 PM
To be fair to Bill Crombie, he wasn't a cheat and was the referee for Sir Albert's greatest ever game :greengrin

Other than in the Tennants Sixes you mean? :greengrin

It must have been purgatory for him at Dens Park that day :applause:

Spike Mandela
24-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Was that at Forth Valley Falkirk Spike ? Thought I saw him there today

Yip, Larbert.

Joe6-2
24-10-2016, 07:41 PM

I'm not so sure about that!

JimBHibees
24-10-2016, 07:44 PM

Not so sure and would have been nice to have had the chance. Painter going off in 10 mins totally changes the game.

weecounty hibby
24-10-2016, 08:39 PM

You should have got Melissa to walk up and kick him right in the spuds. I'm sure you could have explained it away as ADHD or something.

Frogga
24-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Does Craig Thomson not have a twin brother?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matty_f
24-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Agree. Thompson did cheat that day and his decisions against us over the years have been ridiculous but he is not the reason we lost that final. I don't think the scoreline would have been quite so flattering for hearts in that final if it wasn't for his wee helping hands but they most certainly would have still won. They had a team well beyond what they could afford and they were playing one of the absolute worst hibs team in living memory.

I don't buy into that argument. We were 2-1 down at half time. A year later we'd find ourselves 3-0 down at the same venue at half time to Falkirk after a shambolic first half. We won that game.

Thomson gives a ludicrous penalty and sends of our left back, and we're 3-1 down with ten men. There was no coming back from that.

It is impossible to say with any degree of certainty that we'd definitely have lost the final regardless of his intervention.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't buy into that argument. We were 2-1 down at half time. A year later we'd find ourselves 3-0 down at the same venue at half time to Falkirk after a shambolic first half. We won that game.

Thomson gives a ludicrous penalty and sends of our left back, and we're 3-1 down with ten men. There was no coming back from that.

It is impossible to say with any degree of certainty that we'd definitely have lost the final regardless of his intervention.

Absolutely. We hadn't been in the match but were only 2-1 down. Anyone that knows anything about football knows you get a good 10 minutes, we never got the chance cos he gave a penalty as soon as they got near our penalty box.

Cheat who was on the Ukio Bankas payroll that day. It'll all come out in his book in a few years.

ehf
24-10-2016, 11:13 PM

:agree: we will never know how it would have panned out if it had been a fair contest.

snooky
24-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Poor Hearts. The cheat actually tainted their 'win' forever. Their 5-1 gestures don't bother me one bit. The result is invalid because it was attained by fraud and everybody knows it - even them.
Btw, we won 0-7 with no help from the ref.

vuefrom1875
25-10-2016, 08:11 AM

John rowbotham... Hun!

WeeRussell
25-10-2016, 11:48 AM
I'd probably thank him for his significant contribution to the disappointments, injustices, kicks in the stones, dodgy decisions, smug-pussed photo posing and general cheating hearts fudishness that made the 21st May so special.

The Modfather
25-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Absolutely. We hadn't been in the match but were only 2-1 down. Anyone that knows anything about football knows you get a good 10 minutes, we never got the chance cos he gave a penalty as soon as they got near our penalty box.

Cheat who was on the Ukio Bankas payroll that day. It'll all come out in his book in a few years.

C'mon man, we would have been beat no matter who was the referee that day. We had a team of charlatans (I'd have rather had Tim Burgess than Kujabi) who couldn't even motivate themselves for a final, never mind a final against your city rivals.

Of course their cup win was tainted, but talking solely about the 90 minutes there was no set of circumstances that squad of wasters were ever going to win that game. Any other team and being 2-1 down despite taking a beating and you never know. However not with that squad.

Craig Thomson is not the reason we got beat, although he is the reason the scoreline got to what it did.

snooky
25-10-2016, 12:49 PM
C'mon man, we would have been beat no matter who was the referee that day. We had a team of charlatans (I'd have rather had Tim Burgess than Kujabi) who couldn't even motivate themselves for a final, never mind a final against your city rivals.

Of course their cup win was tainted, but talking solely about the 90 minutes there was no set of circumstances that squad of wasters were ever going to win that game. Any other team and being 2-1 down despite taking a beating and you never know. However not with that squad.

Craig Thomson is not the reason we got beat, although he is the reason the scoreline got to what it did.

In retrospect, it's galling to think that Doherty would now be regarded as a Legend had we won that day.
It was well worth the wait for the REAL legends.

lapsedhibee
25-10-2016, 03:27 PM
We had a team of charlatans ...

Lot of rewriting history going on on this thread. Did we get a bye straight into the final that year or something? Plenty of people thought we could win that game. The acute embarrassment of the scoreline (rather than the defeat) has led to far too much criticism of the players imo. Doherty would have been regarded as a perfectly adequate right back if Thomson hadn't caused us to lose by 5-1. And Doherty wouldn't have been asked in the aftermath "Just how embarrassing is it to lose a final 5-1 to your local rivals?", or somesuch, which gave rise to his infamous comments and subsequent vilification by fans. So basically everything was Thomson's fault. :agree:

jdships
25-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Understand he got " The most disappointed Man of the Match" award on Sunday
Poor all round display and couldn't sort things for Srvco ""

Eyrie
25-10-2016, 04:33 PM
I wasn't optimistic heading into that game, but if the cheat had followed the rules then ...

1 - Black would have been red carded for the forearm smash on Griffiths and we'd have faced ten men for most of the game.
2 - Kujabi would still have received a second yellow but there would have been no penalty to take the game out of our reach.

... and our disinterested money seekers would have had a fair chance against their overpaid players.

Kato
25-10-2016, 04:37 PM
2 - Kujabi would still have received a second yellow but there would have been no penalty to take the game out of our reach.

Would he have been given the first? Ludicrous decision as the Hearts players feet were just as high.

Eyrie
25-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Would he have been given the first? Ludicrous decision as the Hearts players feet were just as high.

I thought the first wasn't yellow only because of what Thomson was letting them get away with prior to that. Any other time and I'd have accepted it.

Kato
25-10-2016, 05:10 PM
I thought the first wasn't yellow only because of what Thomson was letting them get away with prior to that. Any other time and I'd have accepted it.

Then both players should have been given a yellow in that incident.

khib70
25-10-2016, 05:16 PM
This stuff actively gets on my tits. All this conspiracy nonsense used to be the preserve of Celtc and Hawrts fans (and management). And, indeed it still is. Coupled with the barely disguised cheerleading for Celtc on Sunday during the Bigot Derby, I sometimes have to check to see I haven't blundered on to Kerrydale Street by mistake. Embarrassing and classless stuff.

Mr White
25-10-2016, 05:24 PM
the barely disguised cheerleading for Celtc on Sunday during the Bigot Derby, I sometimes have to check to see I haven't blundered on to Kerrydale Street by mistake. Embarrassing and classless stuff.

A wee bit of exaggeration there khib. People were glad to see the huns beaten just like many of the same posters laughed when barca pumped celtc.

Deansy
25-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Poor Hearts. The cheat actually tainted their 'win' forever. Their 5-1 gestures don't bother me one bit. The result is invalid because it was attained by fraud and everybody knows it - even them.
Btw, we won 0-7 with no help from the ref.
7-0 was also obtained with our own money - something 'Charity Thieves FC' didn't manage for 30+ years.

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2016, 06:39 PM

Maybe although we'll never know. If only we had got in first with the bribe things could've been very different.

KWJ
25-10-2016, 09:52 PM

Old next door neighbour. Total fud. Reffed down the pitz for a few weeks and took a huff like the erse that he is.

KWJ
25-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Incidentally I was thinking you meant Craig Thomson the convicted sex offender that the yams kept on their books which made the nature of your story even more distressing!

Jonnyboy
25-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Old next door neighbour. Total fud. Reffed down the pitz for a few weeks and took a huff like the erse that he is.

Doesn't surprise me one little bit. Crombie was an arrogant tosspot