PDA

View Full Version : Cummings??

Arch Stanton
24-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Now, sure as eggs is eggs someone will be posting that Cummings wasn't dropped on Saturday but was carrying a niggle and left out as a precaution.

However, assuming he was dropped when do folks think he will be back as a starter?

Personally I think he needs to be rested until he gets the idea that it is about the team scoring goals and not about his scoring prowess. Saturday shows that we can score without him and it will hopefully make him think.

Diclonius
24-10-2016, 01:22 PM
I read or heard (either here on the radio) that he fell out with Lennon, though this was not substantiated. I also suspect that if this was the case there'd be more than a few threads about it on here. Guessing he was actually injured then?

Coults1875
24-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Now, sure as eggs is eggs someone will be posting that Cummings wasn't dropped on Saturday but was carrying a niggle and left out as a precaution.

However, assuming he was dropped when do folks think he will be back as a starter?

Personally I think he needs to be rested until he gets the idea that it is about the team scoring goals and not about his scoring prowess. Saturday shows that we can score without him and it will hopefully make him think.

I reckon he will be back next game depending on Keatings' injury. Really think Lennon is trying to make him see the bigger picture and trying to nurture him into becoming a brilliant striker. May seem harsh to drop him if hes not taking his chances as all strikers go through a "drought" but Cummings has came on so well over the last few years id imagine he can only get better under Lennon's guidance.

JDHibs
24-10-2016, 01:25 PM
He was out of form with players eager to start and impress, i.e Keatings. Whos been playing well and doesnt deserved to be dropped for a player out of form.

Havent heard of anything other than that. He needs to work hard to get back into the team.

Highland_Hibee
24-10-2016, 04:05 PM
We have 3 other strikers all of which were involved in at least one of each of our goals on Saturday. It's not the JC show and if players are scoring I'm happy for them to be in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
24-10-2016, 04:14 PM

Unless there are injuries I would imagine NL will go with the same team this Saturday.

When Keatings went off I thought it would be natural that JC came on however with Boyle taking his place it will surely act as a reminder that JC isn't exactly flavour of the month and will need to work to get his place back.

Brooster
24-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Sure as eggs is eggs....people on here still think we have injured players on the bench.

ancient hibee
24-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Cummings will replace Keatings on Saturday.

Albanian Hibs
24-10-2016, 04:40 PM
deleted

Whats the point in posts like this?

Lago
24-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Whats the point in posts like this?
Beats me, trying to be smart I suppose & failed miserably.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2016, 06:30 PM
deleted

Living up to your name, I see

Unseen work
24-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Some people have the most ridiculous opinion about Jason's attitude based on absolutely no facts.

I genuinely think they think they know him based on how he looks and speaks to media.

Golden Bear
24-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Some people have the most ridiculous opinion about Jason's attitude based on absolutely no facts.

I genuinely think they think they know him based on how he looks and speaks to media.

I agree. Jason is a confident young lad and hopefully that same confidence will never be knocked out of him.

007 Mickey Weir
24-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Tam McManus said he had heard that Cummings had put on a couple of pounds over the international weekend. Which Lennon was not happy about.

Unseen work
24-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Tam McManus said he had heard that Cummings had put on a couple of pounds over the international weekend. Which Lennon was not happy about.

I said on a previous thread that I doubted this.

Hibs never had a break so to speak and were still training and playing st the weekends. Even if his diet was atrocious for a week there would be very little weight gain, never mind noticeable.

He may of been a bit sluggish but I seriously doubt it.

I'm sure McManus has contacts etc but I find it very hard to believe that this is true.

Cummings he bulked up considerably since coming on the scene, he is a muscular boy with very little fat on him.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2016, 07:10 PM

Hibs never had a break so to speak and were still training and playing st the weekends. Even if his diet was atrocious for a week there would be very little weight gain, never mind noticeable.

I'm sure McManus has contacts etc but I find it very hard to believe that this is true.

Cummings he bulked up considerably since coming on the scene, he is a muscular boy with very little fat on him.

Maybe he didn't turn up to get weighed or something?

Hi Heid Yin
24-10-2016, 07:18 PM
It's actually refreshing to see someone like Cummings having to fight to secure a start. This can only be healthy.
It was also good to see Holt, Shinnie, Graham and Keatings making it hard for Lennon to drop them. Keep scoring boys and maybe we can feel a lot easier about over-relying on Cummings for our goals. As for Cummings himself, I like to think that he will return sharper, hungrier and with an additional dimension to his game - such as offering far more when he is not on the ball.

silverhibee
24-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Maybe he didn't turn up to get weighed or something?

Did Cummings attend the team day/ night bonding session.

Golden Bear
24-10-2016, 08:10 PM

Sounds like you may already know the answer to your own question!

Brightside
24-10-2016, 08:17 PM
He will be back when the manager decides he is ready to play. He needed dropped.

Mr White
24-10-2016, 08:23 PM
With Keatings injured, Boyle performing well when he came on and Graham getting a goal on saturday it'll be interesting to see who plays up front against St Mirren. I'm assuming Holt will start.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Notice how Cummings was fine before he fell in with Stokes who got him involved in an Irish republican drug cartel? I'm hearing that they have taken Lennon's family hostage and that him being dropped was a result of Lennon standing firm and showing he can't be intimidated.

The good news is that Police Scotland are on the case and expect to have their investigations concluded by the 12th July 2030.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2016, 08:31 PM

No idea mate. Do you know?

Brightside
24-10-2016, 08:34 PM

McManus got that little bit of info at the golf day.

Vini1875
24-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Mu guess would be that NL wants players who are going to give more in terms of effort when not on the ball and he does have to know that this is a team game and not all about JC. If you don't perform you won't play, which is a good message for the rest. I like JC and don't expect him to miss too many games but complacency could be his down fall at Hibs, I think NL is managing him.

silverhibee
24-10-2016, 08:56 PM
No idea mate. Do you know?

Me neither bud, that's why I was asking.

ancient hibee
24-10-2016, 09:39 PM
:rolleyes:

Muscle of course weighs more than fat .

jacomo
24-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Notice how Cummings was fine before he fell in with Stokes who got him involved in an Irish republican drug cartel? I'm hearing that they have taken Lennon's family hostage and that him being dropped was a result of Lennon standing firm and showing he can't be intimidated.

The good news is that Police Scotland are on the case and expect to have their investigations concluded by the 12th July 2030.

Your information's not right on this one, Bob.

There was a kidnapp plot but the buffoons they hired to do the job got in a mix up and somehow managed to kidnapp Mark Warburton instead. They got him on 21st May and held him for a month but then released him without a ransom because he's worth ****** all.

What really happened was that Rod got wind of Cummings ties to a Far Eat match-fixing syndicate and confronted him. JC threw a pint of red wine over him. Rod told Lennon that JC was out the team - and with an AGM coming up, Lennon couldn't afford to disobey orders.

Brightside
24-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Me neither bud, that's why I was asking.

He was there....and he enjoyed a slushy. :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
24-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Mu guess would be that NL wants players who are going to give more in terms of effort when not on the ball and he does have to know that this is a team game and not all about JC. If you don't perform you won't play, which is a good message for the rest. I like JC and don't expect him to miss too many games but complacency could be his down fall at Hibs, I think NL is managing him.

Jason has been working his arse off so in my opinion that's a lot of pish.

The Leith Dutch
24-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Jason has been working his arse off so in my opinion that's a lot of pish.

Genuine question - do you really think he works his arse off in games?

I like Cummings and I wouldn't say he's lazy but the difference in the other side of the game you get out of someone like Keatings is pretty big. You regularly see him running people down.

Definitely not having a pop at JC - I think he's the best natural goalscorer at the club but I do kind of feel the other parts of his game are lacking a little.

Dunbar Hibee
24-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Genuine question - do you really think he works his arse off in games?

I like Cummings and I wouldn't say he's lazy but the difference in the other side of the game you get out of someone like Keatings is pretty big. You regularly see him running people down.

Definitely not having a pop at JC - I think he's the best natural goalscorer at the club but I do kind of feel the other parts of his game are lacking a little.

This season his work rate has been outstanding, IMO.

wookie70
24-10-2016, 11:22 PM
I thought his work rate in the first 3 or 4 games was excellent but it fell away after that much like the rest of the team.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Your information's not right on this one, Bob.

There was a kidnapp plot but the buffoons they hired to do the job got in a mix up and somehow managed to kidnapp Mark Warburton instead. They got him on 21st May and held him for a month but then released him without a ransom because he's worth ****** all.

What really happened was that Rod got wind of Cummings ties to a Far Eat match-fixing syndicate and confronted him. JC threw a pint of red wine over him. Rod told Lennon that JC was out the team - and with an AGM coming up, Lennon couldn't afford to disobey orders.

Ah...right. Did your guy on the inside say anything about Henderson in the January window?

lord bunberry
25-10-2016, 06:18 AM
I wish people would stop saying Cummings is a poor footballer, he's anything but that. It's not his fault we weren't scoring enough goals. People seem to have formed an opinion of him based on his cocky attitude. We will need all 4 of our strikers this season if we want to win the league and when 1 of them goes off the boil we will need the others to step in.

scoopyboy
25-10-2016, 07:00 AM

McManus got this one spot on.

NL was of the opinion that when JC came back from international breaks he wasn't as sharp as before he went away.

The Leith Dutch
25-10-2016, 07:11 AM
I wish people would stop saying Cummings is a poor footballer, he's anything but that. It's not his fault we weren't scoring enough goals. People seem to have formed an opinion of him based on his cocky attitude. We will need all 4 of our strikers this season if we want to win the league and when 1 of them goes off the boil we will need the others to step in.

I think it's a pretty small number of people saying he's a poor footballer.

A lot of what's being said centres on what he offers the team if he's not scoring which is - in a lot of people's opinion - not a great deal.
Granted - there's a lot of strikers that did nothing else other than pop up in the box and stick the ball away but he's not quite got the number of goals to get the leeway of not attracting criticism (especially at the level we're playing).

Players who "only" score goals tend to attract negative comments when they're not scoring and Cummings is no different.

What I think is a good point is that it's not his fault as such - I think in a fair few games the shots are not from particularly good chances and the shots on target are not particularly close.....we dominate games but don't really look like putting the ball in the net a lot.

I think a lot of those classic penalty box strikers would struggle with the chances we're creating.
Likewise, I think if we gave Cummings better service he'd score a hatful.

Arch Stanton
25-10-2016, 08:28 AM
I think it's a pretty small number of people saying he's a poor footballer.

A lot of what's being said centres on what he offers the team if he's not scoring which is - in a lot of people's opinion - not a great deal.
Granted - there's a lot of strikers that did nothing else other than pop up in the box and stick the ball away but he's not quite got the number of goals to get the leeway of not attracting criticism (especially at the level we're playing).

Players who "only" score goals tend to attract negative comments when they're not scoring and Cummings is no different.

What I think is a good point is that it's not his fault as such - I think in a fair few games the shots are not from particularly good chances and the shots on target are not particularly close.....we dominate games but don't really look like putting the ball in the net a lot.

I think a lot of those classic penalty box strikers would struggle with the chances we're creating.
Likewise, I think if we gave Cummings better service he'd score a hatful.

:agree: I can't see how anyone could think he was a bad footballer. The point being made that it is no bad thing that he is not an automatic starter for the time being.

I personally think his workrate has generally been good but he could be smarter about not being caught offside and he could be stronger and staying on his feet when being challenged for the ball.

And I do think taking shots from bad positions is down to him - he needs to put the team into a better scoring position instead of shooting from poor positions. I also think iit is down to him that he hasn't formed a striking partnership with anyone.

Personally I think the bit about "if we gave Cummings better service he'd score a hatful" is only half the story since it is all about effective team play and he needs to improve as a team player.

ancient hibee
25-10-2016, 09:52 AM
McManus got this one spot on.

NL was of the opinion that when JC came back from international breaks he wasn't as sharp as before he went away.

Didn't take much inside info for McManus to get that right as Lennon must have said it in every newspaper interview he did three or four weeks ago after Cummings came back. However he didn't indicate whether he thought that was Cummings' fault or a lack in the training at the international camp.As Cummings didn't go to the last one don't understand why it comes up now.

J-C
25-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Didn't take much inside info for McManus to get that right as Lennon must have said it in every newspaper interview he did three or four weeks ago after Cummings came back. However he didn't indicate whether he thought that was Cummings' fault or a lack in the training at the international camp.As Cummings didn't go to the last one don't understand why it comes up now.

If I remember rightly, Lennon criticised Cummings for not doing enough when not on the ball and basically saying goals aren't everything, you have to work hard to get the ball back. McManus spoke about putting on weight and not being as fit as he should've been, two different things. All the players will have a diet to adhere to and a training plan when not actually training at the centre, they'll be expected to do a certain amount of gym work by themselves, slack on the training and add a few Burgers, beers and chocolates and a 10% BF athlete can easily become a 12% BF athlete (BF is body fat) 2% BF is around 6-7lbs, something not noticeable to us but will be to Lennon and his team.

I competed in natural bodybuilding a few years ago, I was 5% BF on stage and after 4 days of eating sugary foods and pizza etc I put on 6-8lbs, it's easily done.

oneone73
25-10-2016, 10:19 AM

What international camp has Cummings been at? He's not been in any squads.

Peevemor
25-10-2016, 10:21 AM

U21s

scoopyboy
25-10-2016, 10:22 AM

under 21s

oneone73
25-10-2016, 10:23 AM
U21s

I didn't think Gemmill picked him for any of those? Going with a younger set?

scoopyboy
25-10-2016, 10:23 AM

I never brought it up.

theonlywayisup
25-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Club 18-30 Benidorm

J-C
25-10-2016, 11:23 AM

U 21 game against Macedonia 2/9/16 full game
U 21 game against Ukraine 6/9/16 came on 65 mins.

We were discussing Lennon having a go at Cummings just after these 2 games around 23rd Sept, he's not scored since Dumbarton on the 10th.

oneone73
25-10-2016, 12:35 PM
U 21 game against Macedonia 2/9/16 full game
U 21 game against Ukraine 6/9/16 came on 65 mins.

We were discussing Lennon having a go at Cummings just after these 2 games around 23rd Sept, he's not scored since Dumbarton on the 10th.

Thanks

ancient hibee
25-10-2016, 01:42 PM
If I remember rightly, Lennon criticised Cummings for not doing enough when not on the ball and basically saying goals aren't everything, you have to work hard to get the ball back. McManus spoke about putting on weight and not being as fit as he should've been, two different things. All the players will have a diet to adhere to and a training plan when not actually training at the centre, they'll be expected to do a certain amount of gym work by themselves, slack on the training and add a few Burgers, beers and chocolates and a 10% BF athlete can easily become a 12% BF athlete (BF is body fat) 2% BF is around 6-7lbs, something not noticeable to us but will be to Lennon and his team.

I competed in natural bodybuilding a few years ago, I was 5% BF on stage and after 4 days of eating sugary foods and pizza etc I put on 6-8lbs, it's easily done.

I wonder how McManus would know if Cummings had put on weight(which could well be muscle from gym work not fat)or claim he was unfit.Lennon clearly has not said that.

Brightside
25-10-2016, 02:28 PM
I wonder how McManus would know if Cummings had put on weight(which could well be muscle from gym work not fat)or claim he was unfit.Lennon clearly has not said that.

There was plenty of chat at the golf outing.

scoopyboy
25-10-2016, 02:32 PM

The info I got was from a player, not McManus or Lennon's comments to the press.

Never heard he had put on weight, merely he was sluggish and not his usual sharp self in training.

More to do with sitting around airports, long flights and possibly eating junk food in airports or on planes.

Most players feel the same after returning from international duty was what I was told.

jacomo
25-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Ah...right. Did your guy on the inside say anything about Henderson in the January window?

Moving to Sevco apparently.

A statement of intent from the Lyin' King.

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2016, 03:49 PM
First off ... I think JC has improved in possession of the ball outside the box, he rarely gives it away when he gets it. However he still needs to make better decisions when he gets the ball in an attacking area. If you watch his performance in the cup final it pretty well exposed every aspect of his play he needs to improve on ..... I'm not judging him on that one game, everything he did, or didn't do, that day has been repeated so many times in many of his games for Hibs.

Instead of throwing out his arms in frustration when he doesn't win the ball he needs to roll up his sleeves and start chasing it down. And as he did at one point in the cup final, instead of falling down after minimal contact he needs to be stronger. He found himself in some good positions in the cup final and in at least two of them he took the wrong option .... in the first one I'm thinking of in the first half he found himself one on one with the less than lightening quick Wilson after a great ball by Stokes, but he allowed him to make an easy challenge and take the ball off him. JC certainly isn't the best in one on one situations when he only has the keeper to beat .... I can think of a few occasions where he has messed up chances he should have put away.

In the 2nd half he was played into the edge of the Sevco box .... instead of holding up the ball and waiting for support he tried to nutmeg the Sevco defender in front of him, even if he had managed that it would have been a simple matter for the defender standing behind that one to clear the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I still think JC is a very good striker ... he has a habit of being in the right place at the right time and he isn't afraid to shoot from outside the box, even if 75% of those shots go over the bar because he doesn't get his head over the ball. He needs a lot of work, but his scoring record clearly shows he has an instinct for the position and if he can add more intelligent play and a better attitude when things aren't going his way to his game he will be some player.

As for Lennon dropping him ..... I had a feeling this might happen, not so much because of JC's minor loss of form in front of goal or because of any off field problems, but because after a few weeks of none of our strikers hitting the net the last untried option was a forward line without JC in it ... unfortunately for JC it worked on Saturday, though the injury to James Keatings may well be an ill wind that blows JC some good as far as getting back into the team is concerned.

On a personal note ........... I wish he would literally roll his bloody socks up, its bad enough that there is a perception that he doesn't work hard enough or lacks fitness, all the rolled down socks look says is that a player is struggling with the pace of the game. In the 70s when shin pads weren't compulsory the socks rolled down to the ankles look was pretty cool ...... a look favoured by the ultra cool, not to mention brilliant, Paul Breitner and the flawed genius that was Jimmy Johnstone. The rolled down to the top of the shin pads look apart from just looking daft does nothing to put to bed the rumors that he isn't fit enough either and its time he binned it.

J-C
25-10-2016, 05:54 PM

He did say Lennon had him running the sidelines while the rest of the guys were doing regular training, wouldn't do that simply for extra muscle.

pacorosssco
25-10-2016, 10:16 PM

About? T-man or JC. T-man half talent JC same age but seem similar brain cells. T-man trying forge media career. JC looks stronger ten pints a night McManus but defo needs add ability to cover pitch bring others into play if wants go higher. Leigh G .Deeks had abilty score two feet young age. Leigh had better abilty cover pitch which took him on. Steven Fletcher also. JC a huge talent but needs do harder

J-C
25-10-2016, 10:43 PM
About? T-man or JC. T-man half talent JC same age but seem similar brain cells. T-man trying forge media career. JC looks stronger ten pints a night McManus but defo needs add ability to cover pitch bring others into play if wants go higher. Leigh G .Deeks had abilty score two feet young age. Leigh had better abilty cover pitch which took him on. Steven Fletcher also. JC a huge talent but needs do harder

Maybe re read this post and write it again in a form of English we can all recognise.

pacorosssco
25-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Maybe re read this post and write it again in a form of English we can all recognise.
So kay

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2016, 10:54 PM

I presume English isn't your first language ... If not its a good effort. If it is you need to lay off the booze before you post mate.

pacorosssco
25-10-2016, 10:56 PM
I presume English isn't your first language ... If not its a good effort. If it is you need to lay off the booze before you post mate.

English i hear no tongue of a hibernian :)

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2016, 11:04 PM
: scratchin heid smiley :

26-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Whatever we think of Cummings and his recent demotion to the bench, with the news Keats is out for 6 weeks he's almost certainly about to get back into the team on Saturday. Hope he gets back on the scoresheet early doors.

Forza Fred
26-10-2016, 02:53 AM
EVERY player's form will vary from time to time depending on a variety of circumstances.

Pretty sure Jason will be back and scoring goals.

No big deal, and rest will probably do him good.

Peevemor
26-10-2016, 05:34 AM

:redindian:

Nakedmanoncrack
26-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Cummings' best performance of the season was in the DVD, outstanding, star of the film.

PerthHibby
28-10-2016, 05:10 PM

there was :agree:

oldbutdim
28-10-2016, 05:14 PM
there was :agree:

I'm guessing that ******* Cummings did it just as you were putting.

:grr:

PerthHibby
28-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm guessing that ******* Cummings did it just as you were putting.

:grr:

😀😀