PDA

View Full Version : Fewest golas conceded in Britain.

beensaidbefore
24-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Given our slightly shakey last few weeks, it quite reassuring to see that we have conceded the fewest league goals in the whole of Britain.

Lets hoe we can build on the 3 we scored at the weekend, cos by the looks of things the we aren't going to concede many.

Hiber-nation
24-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Given our slightly shakey last few weeks, it quite reassuring to see that we have conceded the fewest league goals in the whole of Britain.

Lets hoe we can build on the 3 we scored at the weekend, cos by the looks of things the we aren't going to concede many.

We've conceded 6 but Spurs have only conceded 4. Sorry!

Ozyhibby
24-10-2016, 12:10 PM

Our defence has been solid since relegation, it's scoring goals that's the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
24-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Our defence has been solid since relegation, it's scoring goals that's the problem.

It has been reasonably solid since relegation and tbh it wasn't even the problem before relegation. We'll never look back fondly on the Hibs careers of Ryan McGivern or Michael Nelson but the defence they were in was far from the worst defence in the premier league.

Whilst our defensive record is decent I still think we lose a few too many silly goals. The goals we've lost to Falkirk late in games over the past couple of years have been criminal and a few of the goals from set-pieces at home this season were very avoidable.

Not scoring enough goals has been our main problem for years. Leigh papered over a lot of cracks when he was here but of the truth be told, we've not scored enough goals for about 10 years.

Ozyhibby
24-10-2016, 12:28 PM
It has been reasonably solid since relegation and tbh it wasn't even the problem before relegation. We'll never look back fondly on the Hibs careers of Ryan McGivern or Michael Nelson but the defence they were in was far from the worst defence in the premier league.

Whilst our defensive record is decent I still think we lose a few too many silly goals. The goals we've lost to Falkirk late in games over the past couple of years have been criminal and a few of the goals from set-pieces at home this season were very avoidable.

Not scoring enough goals has been our main problem for years. Leigh papered over a lot of cracks when he was here but of the truth be told, we've not scored enough goals for about 10 years.

Nothing to disagree with there,

#FromTheCapital
24-10-2016, 12:33 PM

Yes, but how many golas have Spurs conceded?

Callum7
24-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Gap Connah's Quay have 5
Manchester city woman have 3
Cardiff ladies have 3
Tottenham ladies have 3
Coventry ladies have 5

son of haggart
24-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Yes, but how many golas have Spurs conceded?

A' did a s earch but it came up with nothing

Waxy
24-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Golas haha. Remember the footwear. Can you still buy golas? Did they evr go away?

Smartie
24-10-2016, 01:02 PM
A' did a s earch but it came up with nothing

:thumbs:

Love it.

Kojock
24-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Golas haha. Remember the footwear. Can you still buy golas? Did they evr go away?

First pair of real football boots I got were Gola Speedsters.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Can't be right, I am sure some posted that our defence was awful, on here a few weeks ago??:confused:

Diclonius
24-10-2016, 01:28 PM
The season we were relegated, we actually conceded the 6th least goals in the division. We were bottom in goals scored by some degree. The season before that, we were 7th (same as our league position).

Our defence has been fine for more than a few years (even the Nelson/McGivern dream team weren't too bad). It's the scoring them that's the problem.

One Day Soon
24-10-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm loving the Spanish nature of the thread title.

SRHibs
24-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Gap Connah's Quay have 5
Manchester city woman have 3
Cardiff ladies have 3
Tottenham ladies have 3
Coventry ladies have 5

The ladies game is effectively a different sport, let's be honest. Might as well be comparing us to under 15 schoolboy teams.

Peevemor
24-10-2016, 02:04 PM

You can - it's the first thing I looked up when I read the thread title.

https://www.gola.co.uk/

beensaidbefore
24-10-2016, 03:48 PM

Well spotted. Bloody spurs.
😁

where'stheslope
24-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Hola.

The goal scoring was much better at the weekend, but again we try to hard to be goal scorers rather than pass the ball to someone in a better position to score! You can see by the chances made that we could score plenty with a wee bit of care and looking around before trying the impossible shot.
Most of this comes with not scoring frequently and trying to hard to brake the duck.
In time we will be wondering what all the early season fuss was about!!!