PDA

View Full Version : Only 18 arrested after the old firm game.

SuperTortolano
23-10-2016, 09:46 PM
There was only 18 arrests after the old firm game because the bigget brothers are so well behaved. Not like that team of animals from the east who last time they played at Hampden caused a riot. Oh wait a minute there was only 2 arrests during the game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-10-2016, 10:05 PM
"It's only a minority, the majority were well behaved"

**** off Scottish media. Billy boys could be heard loud and clear when the players were in the tunnel and the studio were doing there final words before handing over to the "commentary team" and not a peep said about it.

Other than fans of all clubs outside of the old firm, nobody really gives a **** about the behaviour of the fans (believe me ifs more than a "minority") or the bully boy mentality held at board level.

Genuinely despise both the clubs and if I'm honest, I actually hate rangers more than hearts..... I think!

marinello59
23-10-2016, 10:07 PM
There will be a lot more arrests after the police have spent six more months looking at the CVTV footage. Won't there?

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 06:55 AM
I'm guessing that none of those Scottish cup supporters or West of Scotland FC thugs came disguised as the the rangers fans this time?

Hopefully the daily record will confirm as it was their excellent investigative journalism that exposed this new and dangerous group of thugs in the first instance.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Smartie
24-10-2016, 07:03 AM
I'm guessing that none of those Scottish cup supporters or West of Scotland FC thugs came disguised as the the rangers fans this time?

Hopefully the daily record will confirm as it was their excellent investigative journalism that exposed this new and dangerous group of thugs in the first instance.

Maybe "League Cup supporters" know how to behave themselves bit better?

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Maybe "League Cup supporters" know how to behave themselves bit better?
Indeed, it sounds like they are better losers, or maybe practice makes perfect. They're getting good at it.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2016, 08:34 AM
There are already videos on social media of both sets of fans fighting before and after the match. I assume those involved will be caught up with at a later date from the Police?

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 09:20 AM
There are already videos on social media of both sets of fans fighting before and after the match. I assume those involved will be caught up with at a later date from the Police?
Should be straightforward to do it now police Glasgow have all the experience post the last Scottish cup final. Hopefully the press will keep us all updated

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2016, 09:31 AM
gies a shout when the daily record get around to helping the police with their inquiries by showing the whole country mugshots of those wanted :agree:

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 09:39 AM
gies a shout when the daily record get around to helping the police with their inquiries by showing the whole country mugshots of those wanted :agree:
Great opportunity to show the rest of civilised Scotland that police Glasgow and the record act without fear or favour.

Does the record still call itself the voice of Scotland.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Great opportunity to show the rest of civilised Scotland that police Glasgow and the record act without fear or favour.

Does the record still call itself the voice of Scotland.

i would certainly hope so, a fair-minded paper renowned for balanced reporting, i'm sure sevco mouthpiece james traynor will issue a club statement thanking their fans for supporting the players whilst outside the stadium :rolleyes:

northstandhibby
24-10-2016, 11:28 AM
I was reading that an eleven year old rangers fan was bottled on the head when walking down Aitkenhead Road before yesterday's match.

If true it is a truly shocking horrific thing to do.

Shocked.

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
24-10-2016, 11:30 AM
I was reading that an eleven year old rangers fan was bottled on the head when walking down Aitkenhead Road before yesterday's match.

If true it is a truly shocking horrific thing to do.

Shocked.

GGTTH

It appears true. Article in the paper with a picture of the boy bandaged up and a pic of his bloodied scarf.

Rangers will use it to play the victim I'm sure but it aint that long ago they had a bus going up ER, and they were spitting off the bus and chucking buckie bottles, which could easily have hit a child.

Awful stuff.

northstandhibby
24-10-2016, 11:33 AM
It appears true. Article in the paper with a picture of the boy bandaged up and a pic of his bloodied scarf.

Rangers will use it to play the victim I'm sure but it aint that long ago they had a bus going up ER, and they were spitting off the bus and chucking buckie bottles, which could easily have hit a child.

Awful stuff.

Totally agree Callum. The two sets of them seem to have a huge amount of absolute nutters in their supports.

Shocking stuff when young fans are being spat on or bottled.

Just appalling.

GGTTH

24-10-2016, 11:49 AM
wow that "minority" must have pretty loud voices as Billy Boys was heard loud and clear when the players were lining up in the tunnel!

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 02:05 PM
wow that "minority" must have pretty loud voices as Billy Boys was heard loud and clear when the players were lining up in the tunnel!
So small was the minority that BT had to turn the sound down so as to avoid offending their audiences outside Scotland.

Hope police Glasgow get right after whoever bottled the kid, we are not talking grass theft or assault on bits of turf here.

HibbySpurs
24-10-2016, 03:04 PM
i would certainly hope so, a fair-minded paper renowned for balanced reporting, i'm sure sevco mouthpiece james traynor will issue a club statement thanking their fans for supporting the players whilst outside the stadium :rolleyes:

I'm waiting on Trayor issuing a statement saying it was Hibs fault there were 18 arrests or any other trouble was our fault as well.... Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

ancient hibee
24-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Awful stuff.

That can't be right because I distinctly remember reading that the bus was attacked by Hibs thugs and as this was in the Record it must be true.

Eyrie
24-10-2016, 04:44 PM
It's a sad indictment of the social problems exploited by the Ugly Sisters that the headline contains the word "only" when describing the number of arrests in connection with a sporting event.

How many arrests are made following a cricket or tennis match? How many after an athletics event? How many after Hibs played Dunfermline?

Lendo
24-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Daily Mail running an article saying a Celtic fan has been stabbed in the leg, torso and face. Being treated as attempted murder (obviously).

Barney McGrew
24-10-2016, 05:27 PM

Awful stuff.

You only need to go back to the game at Ibrox in December where we were showered with coins and other missiles when Hibs had the audacity to go one up. One of the coins hit a girl next to me who couldn't have been more than 11 or 12 and one of their own stewards got smacked in the head by a lighter so hard that he had to be carried away.

None of that was reported in that bastion of journalism otherwise known as the Record. Funny that.

Callyballybe
24-10-2016, 05:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37752673

I hadn't actually seen this before it was mentioned on here - absolute dross of a human being whoever is responsible. Horrible.

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Daily Mail running an article saying a Celtic fan has been stabbed in the leg, torso and face. Being treated as attempted murder (obviously).
Horrendous. Have the record said if it was a Partick, queens park or Clyde fan that did it? Or are we once again witnessing the west of Scotland football fans and Scottish cup supporters phenomenon that the record first warned all of Scotland about in May this year?

Smartie
24-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Horrendous. Have the record said if it was a Partick, queens park or Clyde fan that did it? Or are we once again witnessing the west of Scotland football fans and Scottish cup supporters phenomenon that the record first warned all of Scotland about in May this year?

Maybe these League Cup fans aren't as benign as we thought?

Bostonhibby
24-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Maybe these League Cup fans aren't as benign as we thought?
Building up their membership quietly until they feel confident enough to take on the Scottish cup supporters and west of Scotland FC thugs?

Jack
24-10-2016, 07:42 PM
It's about time the NHS published stats, Glasgow AND the rest of Scotland following New Firm derbies in comparison to other weekends. Funnily enough no Scottish media interest there in FoIs and, if they're looking in, maybe police stats around Scotland too.

Zazu62
24-10-2016, 07:46 PM
And we still have the old firm playing each other on Hogmanay. How stupid is that?

Keith_M
25-10-2016, 06:24 AM
Glasgow Police proudly announced there had only been one arrest after the last Ugly Sisters game... then stories emerged of smashed up toilets, blow up dolls and IRA slogans. The arrest rate since then has increased ever so slightly.

With that in mind, the 18 arrests only indicates how unwilling the Police are to actually take any action on the day.

When the TV has to turn off their microphones to hide the sectarian singing, it show just how effective our Police are.

JimBHibees
25-10-2016, 06:32 AM
Glasgow Police proudly announced there had only been one arrest after the last Ugly Sisters game... then stories emerged of smashed up toilets, blow up dolls and IRA slogans. The arrest rate since then has increased ever so slightly.

With that in mind, the 18 arrests only indicates how unwilling the Police are to actually take any action on the day.

When the TV has to turn off their microphones to hide the sectarian singing, it show just how effective our Police are.

Agree they let fans away with it in OF games and then under report if anything happened in cohorts with the media as per usual. When watching the game on Sunday my son was comparing what happened at the Hibs United semi final at Hampden where there were incessant announcements for fans to sit in their seats yet the whole ground is allowed to stand at the greatest game in the history of football. Obviously the main issues will come away from the ground however are directly linked to the game like the carnage you can get right across the country but primarily West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire etc. Depresssing that this crap still goes on.

I noticed last night Sky sports reporting an increase in trouble at scottish games and their point of reference of course was not the Old Form game but the Scottish cup final. Regan was interviewed and basically was his usual mealy mouthed answers to why there wasnt strict liability unlike in England. Totally spineless him and the clubs.

Northernhibee
25-10-2016, 06:46 AM
When we're promoted I won't be going to any games at Ibrox again. Don't have any faith in the stewarding, policing or Sevco to keep our support safe.