PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sports Personality Of The Year 2016

SouthMoroccoStu
23-10-2016, 04:25 PM
A bit premature but hey ho!

I can't be the only one looking forward to the BBC SPOTY in December when the nation gets to re-live our cup win in May!

AgentDaleCooper
23-10-2016, 04:36 PM
if anyone but SDG wins this i expect nation wide riots - would probably be enough for putin to start WWIII actually.

CentreLine
23-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Team if the year?

SouthMoroccoStu
23-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Team if the year?

Well the buggers owe us after they forgot Lawire Reilly in the 2012 obituary segment

Winston Ingram
23-10-2016, 05:13 PM
BBC SPOTY - Sir David Gray

Tobias Funke
23-10-2016, 07:25 PM
A bit premature but hey ho!

I can't be the only one looking forward to the BBC SPOTY in December when the nation gets to re-live our cup win in May!

I wouldn't get too excited, I doubt the BBC will devote anything more than a couple of seconds to it.

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2016, 07:32 PM
BBC SPOTY - Sir David Gray

:agree: only one winner.

Ozyhibby
23-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Team if the year?

Team GB will get it unless there is a big drug scandal in the run up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiolex1
23-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Leicester will be in with a shout

Seveno
23-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Sdg

Glory Lurker
23-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Well the buggers owe us after they forgot Lawire Reilly in the 2012 obituary segment

:agree: 110%. That was totally unacceptable (though was 2013).

Michael
23-10-2016, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't get too excited, I doubt the BBC will devote anything more than a couple of seconds to it.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was mentioned in any form.

ihibs7
23-10-2016, 09:15 PM

ihibs7
23-10-2016, 09:16 PM

It was sent out as a major sports story via the BBC sports app

Pretty Boy
23-10-2016, 09:27 PM

It will get a token mention in the summary part of the show. Always does but it's blink and you'll miss it stuff.

greenlex
23-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Not a hope in Hell. They *******s hate us.

G B Young
23-10-2016, 09:30 PM
You would hope the Scottish Cup win will get at least a mention, but there will almost certainly be a Hibby winner as Andy Murray takes the title for a record third time. His achievements this year are untouchable by any other British sportsman or woman out there as far as I can see, especially if he manages to nick the world No 1 spot from Djokovic in a couple of weeks. There might be a sentimental swell of support for Jessica Ennis in her retiral year having appeared so many times on the podium and never winning, while Farah must be in with a shout too, but Andy's unquestionably the main man for his year-round efforts.

CentreLine
23-10-2016, 09:33 PM
You would hope the Scottish Cup win will get at least a mention, but there will almost certainly be a Hibby winner as Andy Murray takes the title for a record third time. His achievements this year are untouchable by any other British sportsman or woman out there as far as I can see, especially if he manages to nick the world No 1 spot from Djokovic in a couple of weeks. There might be a sentimental swell of support for Jessica Ennis in her retiral year having appeared so many times on the podium and never winning, while Farah must be in with a shout too, but Andy's unquestionably the main man for his year-round efforts.

👍🏾Absolutely!

Mikey09
23-10-2016, 10:09 PM

And am going to London to watch him play at the O2!! Honestly Cannae wait! First time seeing pro tennis.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-10-2016, 11:06 PM

Well, he needs to mention it in his victory speech "I can't believe it's not gone to David Gray" - something along those lines [emoji3][emoji471]

WestCoastHibby
24-10-2016, 08:39 AM
If Hibs even get a mention i will be stunned. Dougie Lampkin was world champion at motorcycle trials year on year for a very long time but he scarcely got two seconds...

hibee_nation
24-10-2016, 11:26 AM
If Hibs even get a mention i will be stunned. Dougie Lampkin was world champion at motorcycle trials year on year for a very long time but he scarcely got two seconds...

Aye lets see Andy Murray wheelie right round the IOM :greengrin

Onion
24-10-2016, 11:42 AM

I expect Andy to dedicate his award to Hibernian FC and all fellow fans :greengrin