PDA

View Full Version : Marks out of 10 for the team yesterday.

SkintHibby
23-10-2016, 10:17 AM
As someone who works most Saturdays and can't get to most games I'd appreciate the fans opinions of the players performances yesterday.

Thanks.

snooky
23-10-2016, 10:19 AM
As someone who works most Saturdays and can't get to most games I'd appreciate the fans opinions of the players performances yesterday.

Thanks.

Ivan Sproule 10
Ivan Sproule 10
Ivan Sproule......
:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2016, 01:27 PM
You would seriously have to mark them twice ...... one for the first half and one for the second half, it was seriously like two different teams, with the possible exception of McGregor who was solid in both halves.

For example Andrew Shinnie, who was terrible in the first half and excellent in the second, same with John McGinn who couldn't get a toe hold in the first half and then bossed the second.

In short .... in the first half everybody but McGregor would have been a 5 or less .... in the second half everybody was at least a 7 because every one of them upped their game.

Blaster
23-10-2016, 03:45 PM
You would seriously have to mark them twice ...... one for the first half and one for the second half, it was seriously like two different teams, with the possible exception of McGregor who was solid in both halves.

For example Andrew Shinnie, who was terrible in the first half and excellent in the second, same with John McGinn who couldn't get a toe hold in the first half and then bossed the second.

In short .... in the first half everybody but McGregor would have been a 5 or less .... in the second half everybody was at least a 7 because every one of them upped their game.

Would agree with that with maybe fyvie getting a slightly higher mark first half

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Rocky 7 - Dealt with everything well, safe pair of hands.
Gray 7 - Solid
McGregor 8 - Carried on from Raith. He is a fantastic defender.
Hanlon 7 - Solid
Fonts 7 - Solid, great to have him back.
Lewis 7.5 - Back to form, very good last 2 games. Unlucky not to score.

Fyvie 7 - Classic Fyvie game, always there for a pass, kept us ticking over. Unlucky not to score.
McGinn 8 - Very good despite being kicked black and blue.
Shinnie 8 - 2 assists, brilliant 2nd half.

Holt 9 - My MOTM. Superb all game.
Keatings 8 - Got us back into it, very unlucky with a free-kick first half.

Subs
Graham - NA - On for 2 minutes, well-taken goal.
Boyle - Done really well when he came on.

Thought we were actually fine in the first half, created chances and could've been 2-1 up just from Fyvie and Keatings free kicks. 2nd we were brilliant.

Shrekko
23-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I was happy with all the players yesterday - the difference was definitely Shinnie and McGinn showing their undoubted class in that 2nd half.

Sir David Gray deserves the captaincy for life for obvious reasons but I do hope McGregor gets to wear the armband at some point- what a Hibs player he is! Love him.

offshorehibby
23-10-2016, 04:23 PM
They need to build on the second half Raith and Dunfermline performances and not fall back into bad ways though. time to kick on.

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Rocky 6 - still don't know if he's great or *****, never been tested in this league. Seemed competent and safe enough. Biggest problem this season will be staying awake.
Gray 7 - Decent. Still feel we ask a bit much of him and LS sometimes.
McGregor 8 - Great defender, a player who seems to grow in stature and quality every game. Pity he was a late developer, he would be knocking on the Scotland door in this form. Mind you, that's a pretty demeaning thing to say about him. About anybody.
Hanlon 7 - Did nothing wrong.
Fontaine 7 - I reckon we look better defensively with 'Playtime' in the line up.
Stevenson 7 - Decent again, after his form dipped recently. See Gray.

Fyvie 7 - I like Fyvie. He's the guy who always makes himself available, and even when things don't go his own way he never hides.
'Super' McGinn 8 - Kicked to bits, but coming onto his best. Feel he's more relaxed on the ball again and not stumbling forward so much. I thought he was maybe trying too hard to fight his way into form the last few games. Now looking like 'super' JMcG again.
Shinnie, Shinnie, Shinnie 8 - Went from zero to hero as he bossed it in the second half. Starting to work up a nice understanding with 'Super' John McGinn and Fyvie. Has quality and will be a big layer for us. Good signing by Lennon.

Holt 8 - His experience and quality were there for all to see. Glad to got to take the pen. Fancy him to start banging them in now. Seems to play better with Keats than JC.
Keatings 8 - Looks sharp and hungry and has quality from set pieces. Hope injury not too bad as he deserves an extended run as first pick.

Subs
Graham - 6-8 Only on for a couple of minutes, but he did not do what we'd been doing shooting wise all day and fanny about, sticking that white round barsteward in the basket immediately.
Boyle - 8 The pace and persistence of Boyle is a weapon in that division and gives us options. Still not sure he's a starting pick, but we look dangerous with him on when play becomes more stretched.

Ref
Muir Minus 5 - Still seems badly hurt by the events May 21st, like many of the personnel in black this season. His award of an early spot kick for Dunfermline was typical hunnery, but grew confused later on, awarding Hibs a blatant spot kick when it was a blatant spot kick. Had it been 1-1 he'd never have given it.

Seveno
23-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Would agree with DBS although I thought he was a bir over generous to the referee.

Rocky's kicking was a bit dubious and nearly got us into trouble on a couple of occasions.

wookie70
23-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I thought McGregor was superb for the whole game. The joy in his face when he was applauding the fans after the game was great to see. Fyvie was good throughout and Shinnie was excellent in the second half after being a man short in the first. I thought Holt did well but not as good as some of the other posters. There looks like a communication problem between Rocky and the centre halves when the ball is between them. Needs sorted. If we play the way we did in the second half for the rest of the season Easter Road will be bursting at the seams and we will be back where we belong next year.

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Would agree with that with maybe fyvie getting a slightly higher mark first half

Actually you are right, Fyvie was the pick of the midfield in the first half.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2016, 03:01 AM
Would agree with DBS although I thought he was a bir over generous to the referee.

Rocky's kicking was a bit dubious and nearly got us into trouble on a couple of occasions.

On mature reflection I agree, and am happy to stand corrected.