PDA

View Full Version : Happy 6-2 day

bigwheel
22-10-2016, 07:37 AM
16 years ago today , we gave them as good a footballing lesson that they have had in the last 40 years ...what a team
Performance that night ....can't think of many better from us since the 70s

Pretty Boy
22-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Twisting, turning......

AlbertK86
22-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Mixu ..... as the song said ..... what a F******* signing

Wee Russ was world class

Absolute destruction that day

Hanny
22-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Lovely one-two....

shreevesy
22-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Gorgeous

Ronniekirk
22-10-2016, 08:25 AM
John Oniel was one of the insung heroes in that team imo
but we had power creativity and goalscorers and Le God as inspirational driving force Loved him and mixu doing the highland fling celebration in front of the east and Sauzee just picks up a player at one point and carries him over his shoulder Sheer unbridaled joy and was so telaxed that night as you knew we we were capable of taking them apart once we got going

northstandhibby
22-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Colgan Lovell Smith Sauzee Fenwick Laursen O Neill Jack Latapy Paatelainen Zitelli subs - Franks Andrews Lehmann Bannerman Murray.

6-2 Legends.

What a night what a team.

:not worth

Just 8 or 9 months earlier we had gubbed them 0-3 at another absolutely fantastic night at the Piggery. What a night that was too.

GGTTH

superfurryhibby
22-10-2016, 08:39 AM
An amazing night. If it hadn't been for aunty nelly the score could have been way worse. They actually took the lead and were ahead for much of the 1st half, if I remember rightly?

It became quite emotional for me, realising that I had never seen such a dominant display from us at a derby and I attended my first in September 1973. Loved the applause from the Hibs fans when they score their second. Nearly all their fans had gone and it was slightly surreal to hear. Probably mostly ironic, but also a wee bit recognition that that Hearts team hadn't given up, just they were getting slaughtered by a vastly superior force.

Jumbo Jim Jeffries, played in 0-7 and managed them to 6-2. Nice one.

southsider
22-10-2016, 08:59 AM
16 years ago, OMG. Was in the old North stand and my seat number was 62. Went back to collect when stand was pulled down. Think I still have in my shed.

RyeSloan
22-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Great team and that game saw them at their best.

Sadly too few Hibs sides have played with such confidence and swagger but boy did they have that on that famous day!

Still remember the carnage in the terracing...

Itsnoteasy
22-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Was that not the game their fans done a boycott due to HFC ticket pricing. Niemi was MOM that day. We would have witnessed the biggest ever derby day massacre had it not been for him. If I remember correctly when they scored their last we tongue in cheek" cheered" Every time we attacked you just thought we were going to score. Thanks for a wonderful day Hibs.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2016, 09:46 AM
I've got the full game still on VHS, keep meaning to get it transferred onto DVD

southsider
22-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Was that not the game their fans done a boycott due to HFC ticket pricing. Niemi was MOM that day. We would have witnessed the biggest ever derby day massacre had it not been for him. If I remember correctly when they scored their last we tongue in cheek" cheered" Every time we attacked you just thought we were going to score. Thanks for a wonderful day Hibs.
I,for one, was livid when they got their second. 6-1 sounds so much better than 6-2. Perhaps its just me.

weecounty hibby
22-10-2016, 09:54 AM
I've got the full game still on VHS, keep meaning to get it transferred onto DVD

No no no no no. Have you not read the cup final DVD thread? It needs to be blu ray!!!

Billy Whizz
22-10-2016, 09:55 AM
I,for one, was livid when they got their second. 6-1 sounds so much better than 6-2. Perhaps its just me.

When Hearts score their 2nd, you can see Mcleish signilling no more to his defenders.
And to think they were winning 1-0, but mucked it up
Must be a song in there somewhere

barcahibs
22-10-2016, 10:38 AM
I think they claimed they were boycotting due to ticket prices. They were really boycotting as they were due a hammering.

I mind being sat in the old West stand for this one, can't think why as we usually sat behind the goals?

I mind a big sarcastic cheer going up for their second but it was pretty sloppy to let them have it to be honest.

I also remember thinking 'not again' and hunkering down for a long depressing night when their first went in.

I never could read a football match :)

Flanny boy
22-10-2016, 11:22 AM
My train was late and had to pick my ticket up from the hibs club I only made it to the game for the 2nd half.will never forget it and niemi stopped it from being 10.(can't believe it was 16years ago)GGTTH

hibby6270
22-10-2016, 11:30 AM

There was a DVD released of this game. I have it gathering dust on a shelf.
Will maybe dig it out an have a Hibs DVD binge watch once the cup final DVD arrives.
Will let you work out the games but there will be 4 games to watch with the following results:

0-7 (1973)
6-2 (2000)
1-5 (2007)
2-3 (2016)

Pass me the water and popcorn.:wink:

emerald green
22-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Hibs let them off very lightly at only 6-2 that night, and they knew it.

Jeffries out the door shortly afterwards was he not?

Joe6-2
22-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Fantastic game, and my username!

Baader
22-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Probably the best game I've ever seen at ER. That night was just crazy.

Mr White
22-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Probably the best game I've ever seen at ER. That night was just crazy.

:agree: and latapy's goal is and probably always will be my favourite hibs goal that I witnessed at easter road.

Zazu62
23-10-2016, 10:36 AM
My favourite hibs game, was quite young at the time. Was sitting in the old west stand. 6.05pm kick of on a Sunday night.

SkintHibby
23-10-2016, 10:40 AM
The most one sided Edinburgh derby since 1-1-73.

Leithenhibby
23-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Hibs let them off very lightly at only 6-2 that night, and they knew it.

Jeffries out the door shortly afterwards was he not?

We certainly did. Antti Niemi, had a few good saves that night and most certainly kept the score down!

Hamish
23-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Sounds ridiculous but that Cameron goal at the end still annoys me

mjhibby
23-10-2016, 04:57 PM
The most one sided Edinburgh derby since 1-1-73.

Indeed. Couldn't get to the game as I was working. It was 2-1 when I left work and got in to hear there was 8 goals. Heart in mouth till heard we had scored 6. No mobile phones so couldn't keep up with the game. my mate taped the sky coverage and copied it for me. God knows how they got off so lightly. The twenty mins after half time was as good as I'd seen hibs play since the 6-1 v sporting Lisbon. Just lovely football and latapys goal. Just wow.

weecounty hibby
23-10-2016, 07:32 PM
I couldn't get to the game and ended up in Sportsters in Stirling sitting in a booth with my wife, sister in law and her husband watching it on a wee TV in the booth. At one down I was fearing the worst. When our equaliser went in it was met with a fairly quiet "yes!" And a fist pump. Second was a bit louder, third was a long, loud "yyyyyeeeeessssss". When the sixth went in I was lapping the pub with my top up over my head!! I had a few by then. I too was pissed off at their second but a year later singing happy birthday 6-2 sounded better than 6-1 would have

Greentinted
23-10-2016, 10:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SskSQlGwDNU

Deansy
24-10-2016, 07:23 AM
6-2 day - THE best birthday-present of my life !!

Brunswickbill
24-10-2016, 08:03 AM
I remember it well. A sunday night game and a Jambo pal persuaded me to go to the local pub (i live on the west coast) to watch the game. He drove and he wasn't best pleased as the evening wore on. The pub had a promotion for sunday night games where they took 10p off a pint for each goal scored . As the match was nearing final whistle people were piling up to the bar to stock up. At one point well into the game a guy was buying a double round with a huge discount. He was just sbout to pay for it and stalled to watch another goal going in to save himself another few bob. Great night, but couldn't rub it into my Jambo mate as he was good enough to drive me home full of cut price beer.