PDA

View Full Version : El Alagui against us tomorrow

California-Hibs
21-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Should be interesting 😉

Discuss.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I've a tenner on him to score at any time. Returns £40.

Worked with Skacel last week [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
21-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Hopefully he has the same impact that Skacel had against us last week.

It wouldn't surprise me if he scores though.

erin go bragh
21-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Should be interesting 😉

Discuss.

He scored last week . Good luck to him , wouldn't even grudge him a consolation strike . 5 - 2 to the cabbage.

The Spaceman
21-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Honestly think he would have been a fabulous player for us had it not been for his injury. Genuinely wish him all the best (except against us), he has quality and I fear it will show tomorrow.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Honestly think he would have been a fabulous player for us had it not been for his injury. Genuinely wish him all the best (except against us), he has quality and I fear it will show tomorrow.

Yip think he'd have scored 20+ goals a season if he'd been able to stay fit. Nice guy too.

surreyhibbie
21-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Guaranteed to score against us. Unfortunately..

Mr White
21-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Of all the players in recent years who have left hibs without fulfilling their potential, Farid is probably the one I most wanted to succeed. Obviously his injuries wrecked his time with us but his attitude and ability were always above question. His goal in the derby win in April 2015 was sublime and he had the potential to be a legend.

He's bound to score tomorrow :greengrin

HibsNutter
21-10-2016, 10:34 PM
He is a good player and when fit will score goals.

We made the right decision to let him go, though. Look at his record in terms of games played in the two years he was with us. Even if he bangs in 30 this season I'd still stand by our decision.

green day
21-10-2016, 10:55 PM
When he was fit, great player.

Last memory? League cup final, subbed on and injured.

Might go ok tomorrow, but not long term, sorry.

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2016, 11:48 PM
As Halloween is approaching he could come back to haunt us.

oldbutdim
22-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Two weeks away from full fitness.

California-Hibs
22-10-2016, 03:35 AM
He is a good player and when fit will score goals.

We made the right decision to let him go, though. Look at his record in terms of games played in the two years he was with us. Even if he bangs in 30 this season I'd still stand by our decision.

These are pretty much my feelings also.

Pete
22-10-2016, 05:06 AM
When he was fit, great player.

Last memory? League cup final, subbed on and injured.

Might go ok tomorrow, but not long term, sorry.

Was that not the Scottish cup semi?

The guy is a legend in my book because he was a willing part of the squad in our cup winning year and he performed some heroics in the previous seasons. Some wonderful performances and that goal against the hearts...cool as a cucumber in a must win game.

He'll need watched but I think they'll need to watch Holt a bit more and I wouldn't do a swap if I could.

The Modfather
22-10-2016, 07:00 AM
I've a tenner on him to score at any time. Returns £40.

Worked with Skacel last week [emoji6]

What are the odds on him to get injured at any time? 😀

A good player but sadly always injured.

Hibby Bairn
22-10-2016, 07:16 AM
El Alagui was not and never would be "great" or "wonderful" or "fabulous".

The guy should never see the ball if Hibs do their professional job and win 2 or 3 nil.

Very average journeyman type.

bingo70
22-10-2016, 07:22 AM

The guy should never see the ball if Hibs do their professional job and win 2 or 3 nil.

Yeah I agree.

Even when fit I always felt 'is that it?'. He was ok and I'm sure if he'd got a good run of games he'd have scored goals but he was pretty average IMO.

Still think there's a good chance he'll score today though

bigwheel
22-10-2016, 07:34 AM

Quite harsh...when fit and in form he's a handful...and let's be honest , average journeymen is actually the standard of our top division - so if you are a fit one if them you'll do pretty well here

Mr White
22-10-2016, 07:46 AM
His goal scoring record before the achilles injury at alloa was excellent by any measure. Would he have kept that up? Maybe but probably not, we'll never know. Injuries wrecked his time with us but he was a great striker for this level imo. Both his goals v hearts that season were very well taken.

PiemanP
22-10-2016, 08:05 AM
I think his injuries have turned him in to a bit of a journey man, having to go from club to club in search of regular fitness. However when fit I'd say he's a decent premier league striker and one we will definitely need to be aware of today.

Ronniekirk
22-10-2016, 08:38 AM
He is on form but not sure starting him is right decision They would be better brining him off the bench He will want to prove we were wtong to let him go and think he is a cert to score unless he hobbles off after ten minutes

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2016, 09:29 AM
I would hope that our defenders are sufficiently clued up if there is an opposition player nailed on to score. Would much rather that we didn't give him any opportunities to do so.

Keith_M
22-10-2016, 09:34 AM
My prediction is 2-1 to Hibs with El-Alagui scoring their goal.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2016, 12:11 PM
I cant believe he passed a medical to sign for us, the injury he got at alloa is fine now, the injury that keeps him out every other week is one he had before he signed for us.

He's an average player, but our club is full of average players that he would not look out of place in if he could keep himself fit.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-10-2016, 01:05 PM
I reckon he will score..it the hibs way