Keatings
Cummings
Holt

B.H.F.C
21-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Will be the same team that started last week I think

Pete
21-10-2016, 05:04 PM
I'd definitely play Bartley as he'll probably get away with murder from now on.

northstandhibby
21-10-2016, 05:37 PM
442 or 433 ?

Rocky

SDG
MCGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
SJM
Bartley

Keatings
Cummings
Holt

This team looks good to me with Alex Harris definitely on the bench as he looks as if he is regaining his confidence again. If he does become the player he looked he could he is a match-winner or the match-winner supplier.

GGTTH

danhibees1875
21-10-2016, 05:43 PM
442 or 433 ?

Rocky

SDG
MCGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
SJM
Bartley

Keatings
Cummings
Holt

I like that 11.

Boyle to get 30 mins at the end too preferably.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Mcgeough is out

PerthHibby
22-10-2016, 10:16 AM
I don't think Cummings will start today..

Bostonhibby
22-10-2016, 10:43 AM
I'd definitely play Bartley as he'll probably get away with murder from now on.

:greengrin Was just thinking, the refs have probably had a lodge meeting and also invited all the ones along who are just incompetent - they will be seething - Bartley to get a hat trick of non existent red cards today for having the temerity to be wrongly sent off twice previously?

erin go bragh
22-10-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't think Cummings will start today..

Can't see Lennon dropping the guy that has scored more goals than the rest of the squad combined. Has to start imo .

Hibee87
22-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Lennon needs to shake it up, we need WIDTH. we dont need 2 sitting players i.e bartley and fyvie. One or the other imo.

Marciano needs to play the ball to feet and quickly when possible. By playing like this we need to have 2 wingers waiting on the pass, the midfield up with play and waiting on the pass inside and most importantly said winger needs to be on his toes and running forward. otherwise its slow build up, pass side to side trying to break down a bank of 5 of more and the only pass our strikers get is with their backs to the goal.

Also cut out Long balls from Hanlon cross field all the time. Its ok to mix it up now and again, but last week it seemed to be the game plan....Keeper boot it up or pass to hanlon to take a few strides the hoof it up. Unless bartley is playing in and advanced role we dont have much physical presence to win second balls that holt might knock down from a long ball.

I would play - Marciano

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon stevenson

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt

J-C
22-10-2016, 11:05 AM
He'll start the same team as last week, never under threat and would've probably went onto win if Bartley hadn't been sent off. Fyvie is a better player when going forward and having Bartley there allows him to do that. Pretty disappointed Shinnie isn't forcing his way into the side, he's a clever player and what we need but maybe that's why he's here and not down south.

MacGruber
22-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Lennon needs to shake it up, we need WIDTH. we dont need 2 sitting players i.e bartley and fyvie. One or the other imo.

Marciano needs to play the ball to feet and quickly when possible. By playing like this we need to have 2 wingers waiting on the pass, the midfield up with play and waiting on the pass inside and most importantly said winger needs to be on his toes and running forward. otherwise its slow build up, pass side to side trying to break down a bank of 5 of more and the only pass our strikers get is with their backs to the goal.

Also cut out Long balls from Hanlon cross field all the time. Its ok to mix it up now and again, but last week it seemed to be the game plan....Keeper boot it up or pass to hanlon to take a few strides the hoof it up. Unless bartley is playing in and advanced role we dont have much physical presence to win second balls that holt might knock down from a long ball.

I would play - Marciano

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt

Exactly!

MxGeough needs to start when fit too.

lucky
22-10-2016, 11:19 AM
For me we struggle with Bartley and Fyvive in the same side. So I'd leave Bartley out and bring Boyle in as a wide midfielder on one side and Keatings on the other.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Shinnie for keatings in the tip of the diamond if Lennon plays that formation.

eastcoasthibby
22-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Exactly!

MxGeough needs to start when fit too.

the McGeough situation is a problem, it has gone on too long, a cracking player who can easily run a game when he is fully fit and even half when he is on his game, but this ongoing injury thing needs bottomed out.

as for the team today - I have to admit that I was really impressed with the way we played lasy week with 10 men .. our line up after half time was great loads of width with Keatings playing out wide left and drifting inside a bit, but him playing wide and taking players on was a real bonus and option I thought. McGinn and Fyvie completely bossed the midfield on their own, so was/is another central midfielder needed or can we have a wide player instead.
I have a theory about our midfield, I think it is overloaded with central midfielders all wanting to play the central are, and no one wanting to get wide. with them all being in there it becomes a mess and too slow, and they pass on workloads.
I think man to man we are better than all of the teams in this league, and that we should play games that way, either a 433 or 442 with our wide 2 in the midfield playing wide, as from what I saw last week and in reality McGinn and Fyvie can and will win the midfield battles, I don't think we need Bartley in their it makes us too ponderous ... let each player play against their opposite number and win their individual battles, don't give them any hiding place ! that was what happened in the second half last week !
only my opinion of course !
PS the wide 2 can't be Boyle and Harris as neither of them tackle and are too lightweight, but one plus Keatings wide would be for me !

Enough said
22-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Shinnie for keatings in the tip of the diamond if Lennon plays that formation.

Surely not?? What has shinnie done?

erin go bragh
22-10-2016, 11:44 AM
the McGeough situation is a problem, it has gone on too long, a cracking player who can easily run a game when he is fully fit and even half when he is on his game, but this ongoing injury thing needs bottomed out.

as for the team today - I have to admit that I was really impressed with the way we played lasy week with 10 men .. our line up after half time was great loads of width with Keatings playing out wide left and drifting inside a bit, but him playing wide and taking players on was a real bonus and option I thought. McGinn and Fyvie completely bossed the midfield on their own, so was/is another central midfielder needed or can we have a wide player instead.
I have a theory about our midfield, I think it is overloaded with central midfielders all wanting to play the central are, and no one wanting to get wide. with them all being in there it becomes a mess and too slow, and they pass on workloads.
I think man to man we are better than all of the teams in this league, and that we should play games that way, either a 433 or 442 with our wide 2 in the midfield playing wide, as from what I saw last week and in reality McGinn and Fyvie can and will win the midfield battles, I don't think we need Bartley in their it makes us too ponderous ... let each player play against their opposite number and win their individual battles, don't give them any hiding place ! that was what happened in the second half last week !
only my opinion of course !
PS the wide 2 can't be Boyle and Harris as neither of them tackle and are too lightweight, but one plus Keatings wide would be for me !

I'm going to remove the Bart man from my original team ECH . As your bang on the money with your points .
I'm switching to a 442 .

Rocky

SDG
MCGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Shinnie
SJM
Fyvie
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

Boyle to come on last 20 .

BlackSheep
22-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Not my first choice of team... but I think we may see this...

Marciano

Stevenson
Gray

Fontaine
Hanlon
McGregor

Fyvie
Bartley
McGinn

Holt
Cummings

In a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation.... width and numbers going forward with a solid line when defending.

When playing this formation I would prefer to see a player like McGeough / Shinnie / Keatings in there to support the strikers but I think Lennon likes Bartley in there to try and stop attacks against us in the midfield rather than letting them through to the back line.

Borderhibbie76
22-10-2016, 12:03 PM

I would play - Marciano

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt
No chance Keats will be dropped was best player on park last week...other than that like this team and set up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibee87
22-10-2016, 12:17 PM
No chance Keats will be dropped was best player on park last week...other than that like this team and set up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree, and would have keat with Holt. Just don't think Lennon would drop jc

Centre Hawf
22-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
SJM
Keatings

Cummings
Holt

I think if Boyle and Keatings want to swap sides to keep them guessing and utilise Keatings left foot then they should be encouraged. But we need to get good deliveries into the box for Holt and for Jason to feed off. We're better than the teams we play up against lets put them on the back foot quickly with pace, width, and two up top. Getting annoyed with the 3 in midfield and two of them end up sitting too deep imo.

spudhib
22-10-2016, 01:06 PM
No Cummings in starting lineup also looks like 3 cb with Fontaine returning

Moulin Yarns
22-10-2016, 01:06 PM
STARTING XI | Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGinn, Shinnie, Holt, Keatings.

SUBS | Laidlaw, Forster, Bartley, Harris, Boyle, Cummings, Graham

22-10-2016, 01:18 PM
I agree with Lennons decision to drop Cummings this week tbh. He's been well off the boil for a good few weeks now, time to give him a rest and go with a new partnership up front.

Hamish
22-10-2016, 01:22 PM
It's looking as if the manager still has no idea of his best first 11.

Centre Hawf
22-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Judging by this thread neither do we. Slightly worried about that.

Hamish
22-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Correct. A lot more worrying that Lennon doesn't though.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2016, 01:29 PM

Me neither, do you? I think each and every one of these players could have a case against them not starting, i could pick a team for todays game and 2 minutes later pick another.

Until such times as players grab their position and make it theirs, i think i will keep that opinion on them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-10-2016, 01:31 PM

It's looking a bit like names out a hat at the moment [emoji848]

ahibby
22-10-2016, 01:37 PM
It's looking a bit like names out a hat at the moment [emoji848]

Might it not be that with Fontaine coming back from injury this is Lennon's preference. He has been saying for the past month that Cummings has to take more chances than he has been and Keatings is said to have been one of our better players last week. Therefore Keatings ahead of Cummings shouldn't be such a surprise. If he likes to go three at the back a fit Fontaine is a better option than Forster. I like Forster but he has still a bit to prove as far as sense of position goes. There is a footballer there no doubt. I think Lennon sees this set up as his strongest side at this time.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Might it not be that with Fontaine coming back from injury this is Lennon's preference. He has been saying for the past month that Cummings has to take more chances than he has been and Keatings is said to have been one of our better players last week. Therefore Keatings ahead of Cummings shouldn't be such a surprise. If he likes to go three at the back a fit Fontaine is a better option than Forster. I like Forster but he has still a bit to prove as far as sense of position goes. There is a footballer there no doubt. I think Lennon sees this set up as his strongest side at this time.

I prefer the 3 at the back, :agree: and Cummings recently has been very poor, if he's not scoring he's just not good enough to keep his place when contributing nothing.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-10-2016, 01:42 PM

Don't disagree with any of that. He definitely still seems unsure on which formation we should be playing and Shinnie dropped then straight back in is a bit odd as well. As others say though, nobody is grabbing the chance when presented with it.

BlackSheep
22-10-2016, 08:52 PM

Hate to toot my own horn but I think was damn close... had the formation on the money and only a few personnel differences....

I think Lennon is well aware of his strongest orat least his favoured team.... and when we have everybody (at least most players) fit and available he seems to favour today's starting lineup, with form players taking there place in the first 11, such as Cummings when on form starting.