PDA

View Full Version : EDIT- Seats are ALLOCATED at Dunfermline.

Hibernian Verse
21-10-2016, 12:43 PM
EDIT- Seats ARE allocated.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I've seen a bit of debate about this. Just been in and got my tickets from the Pars ticket office and he said that all tickets for the East Stand will be unallocated seating despite having seat numbers on them.

Other stand is allocated.

A wee heads up before anyone starts scrapping amongst themselves!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm sitting in the seat on my ticket.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 12:58 PM
I've seen a bit of debate about this. Just been in and got my tickets from the Pars ticket office and he said that all tickets for the East Stand will be unallocated seating despite having seat numbers on them.

And yet the ER ticket office has said its reserved. Here we go again.......

Hibernian Verse
21-10-2016, 01:00 PM
And yet the ER ticket office has said its reserved. Here we go again.......
Exactly what I said to the guy but he assured me its unreserved. Gonna be loads of issues tomorrow.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Exactly what I said to the guy but he assured me its unreserved. Gonna be loads of issues tomorrow.

Wouldnt be much fun for the guys in the turnstiles but they could do with telling this to every person that enters.

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2016, 01:02 PM

Brilliant! Now I have a legitimate excuse to kick off, rather than blaming the old staples of alcohol, white male rage, narcissistic showboating, and subconscious fear of mortality making me unable to accept I'm now middle-aged.

Good on the Pars ticket office, and don't anybody get wide cause I'm tasty. You've been warned.

Hibernian Verse
21-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Brilliant! Now I have a legitimate excuse to kick off, rather than blaming the old staples of alcohol, white male rage, narcissistic showboating, and subconscious fear of mortality making me unable to accept I'm now middle-aged.

Good on the Pars ticket office, and don't anybody get wide cause I'm tasty. You've been warned.
Silver linings!

percy veer
21-10-2016, 01:05 PM

but its unallocated so anyone can sit wherever they want

B.H.F.C
21-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Why bother printing numbers and then make it in unallocated? I think the person at Dunfermline is talking pish. And if they aren't then it's a pish decision.

Hibernian Verse
21-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Why bother printing numbers and then make it in unallocated? I think the person at Dunfermline is talking pish. And if they aren't then it's a pish decision.
I dont think he is. We had this issue a few years back at the same ground.

Future17
21-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Unless someone beats you to it...:greengrin

B.H.F.C
21-10-2016, 01:15 PM
I dont think he is. We had this issue a few years back at the same ground.

I can remember it being a shambles there plenty of times but I can't remember it ever being anything to do with allocated/unallocated seating. I can't ever remember going to an all ticket game there, just that they have been hopeless on plenty occasions with not opening the side stand quickly enough.

HappyAsHellas
21-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Can my wife be tasty too?

RCNG
21-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I can remember it being a shambles there plenty of times but I can't remember it ever being anything to do with allocated/unallocated seating. I can't ever remember going to an all ticket game there, just that they have been hopeless on plenty occasions with not opening the side stand quickly enough.

Certainly happened once before. They said it would be all ticket so punters started buying tickets, as you would. All tickets had seat numbers on them. They then advised it would be a cash gate in the same stand but gave out duplicate tickets IIRC. Was an absolute shambles. Always has been when going there.

We filled the stand pre-season once and they had 2 (two) turnstiles open. people we still getting in 15 mins after KO.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2016, 01:31 PM
but its unallocated so anyone can sit wherever they want

Some say it is some say it isn't if every one sits in the seat they have been allocated there will be no problem. Been here before, someone sits in my allocated seat (as on ticket) so I I listen to their "it's unallocated" and sit elsewhere only to be threatened by someone else that I am in their effin seat. On that occasion I moved as the erse was gonna end up getting us both thrown out. I won't be going through it again,I have been allocated a seat and will asking anyone in it to politely move.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Unless someone beats you to it...:greengrin

Nope I will ask them to move,see other post for my reasons.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2016, 01:38 PM

Me too

NAE NOOKIE
21-10-2016, 01:38 PM

Better no be me, I'm handy :take that

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2016, 01:39 PM

sorry but that sounds the wrong way around :confused: the east stand has already been on sale with allocated seats, the north east that they are now opening(cash only) will be unallocated surely

B.H.F.C
21-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Certainly happened once before. They said it would be all ticket so punters started buying tickets, as you would. All tickets had seat numbers on them. They then advised it would be a cash gate in the same stand but gave out duplicate tickets IIRC. Was an absolute shambles. Always has been when going there.

We filled the stand pre-season once and they had 2 (two) turnstiles open. people we still getting in 15 mins after KO.

I just can't work out why, per the OP, they'd say that it was allocated in one stand but not the other. If they were saying that the 'overflow' bit was going to be unreserved I could understand that. But it seems mental to make the area that is guaranteed to be full unreserved whilst making the people I the side stand sit in their allocated seat when it is less likely to be full.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Better no be me, I'm handy :take that

I will ask nicely so no need for you to be aggressive :-)

GreenCastle
21-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Hibs or the Pars need to make a statement here and sort this out.

The last few visits have been a shambles at times. You get a ticket but sit anywhere - making it hard for groups to sit together as lots of single seats.

Then the actually stands number was all over the place..seat 5, 9, 23, 6 in some rows..unless they have sorted this ?

Surely it makes sense to sit where the ticket says and stick to that ?!

I like East End park as an away day but the lack of turnstiles being opened and seating arrangements really make the trip more hassle than it should be.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 01:45 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161021/2b1f549a3d3eb4d7588c978c5817be54.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
21-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Exactly, you can't have a sold out ticketed stand any other way. Just sit in the seat that's printed on your ticket and there will be no problems.

marinello59
21-10-2016, 01:55 PM

I would take what our club tells us as the definitive answer.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2016, 02:06 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161021/f8591181a2534e30c07b4c0bcd3045e0.png

iwasthere1972
21-10-2016, 02:10 PM

You would be better putting the ticket in your pocket.

NAE NOOKIE
21-10-2016, 02:21 PM
I will ask nicely so no need for you to be aggressive :-)

The last time I had a fight was about 1979 when a mob of Jambos jumped me & my mates on the bridges :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-10-2016, 03:53 PM
I've seen a bit of debate about this. Just been in and got my tickets from the Pars ticket office and he said that all tickets for the NorthEast Stand will be unallocated seating despite having seat numbers on them.

Fixed that for you.

Pete
21-10-2016, 05:02 PM
You can't have a sold out stand without allocated seating. I hope this message is made clear by the stewards and turnstile operators.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Here's a bit from the Dunfermline website about our tickets sales for tomorrow.

PAY AT THE GATE FOR HIBEES
Friday, 21st Oct 2016
DAFC are delighted to announce that there will now be cash turnstiles available to Hibernian Fans.

Hibs fans have almost sold out the SQMC East Stand at East End Park for tomorrow’s Championship clash. DAFC are now opening the North East Stand. Hibs fans without a pre-purchased ticket should report direct to turnstiles 16 to 18. Please note sales are cash only.

Fans are asked to arrive as early as possible to avoid any queues.

Prices are:

Adults £17, Concessions £11, Under 12`s £5

Concessions are Under 18s, over 60s, full-time students, unemployed and disabled.

Please note that ID may be required for all concession tickets. (valid matriculation cards, birth certificates, passport or official documentation)

Please note that all tickets purchased for the away support are for allocated seats.

Albanian Hibs
21-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Good cause I will be sitting in the seat that my ticket is for.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Good cause I will be sitting in the seat that my ticket is for.

Hibs now also reiterating the fact that's it's allocated seating those who find such a hard tosh to sit in those row and seat stipulated on the their ticket...

A large travelling support will be behind Neil Lennon's team on Saturday as we visit Dunfermline Athletic - all your ticket and travel information can be found below.

Tickets

Advanced ticket sales from Hibernian have now sold out. The Hibernian Ticket Office will be open from 10am-3pm on Saturday for anyone still needing to collect tickets.

An additional allocation of tickets will be available from East End Park on matchday. Supporters looking to purchase on the day should report directly to turnstiles 16 to 18 of the North East Stand.

Supporters are encouraged to arrive early to avoid the matchday queues.

Please note all tickets have allocated seating - please sit in your designated seat.

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2016, 06:32 PM
What do you do if you can't read?

They just don't think when making decisions like.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Here's a bit from the Dunfermline website about our tickets sales for tomorrow.

PAY AT THE GATE FOR HIBEES
Friday, 21st Oct 2016
DAFC are delighted to announce that there will now be cash turnstiles available to Hibernian Fans.

Hibs fans have almost sold out the SQMC East Stand at East End Park for tomorrow’s Championship clash. DAFC are now opening the North East Stand. Hibs fans without a pre-purchased ticket should report direct to turnstiles 16 to 18. Please note sales are cash only.

Fans are asked to arrive as early as possible to avoid any queues.

Prices are:

Adults £17, Concessions £11, Under 12`s £5

Concessions are Under 18s, over 60s, full-time students, unemployed and disabled.

Please note that ID may be required for all concession tickets. (valid matriculation cards, birth certificates, passport or official documentation)

Please note that all tickets purchased for the away support are for allocated seats.

That's me :flag:

Nicho87
21-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Do you get extra points for sitting in an allocated seat which isnt yours.

WoreTheGreen
21-10-2016, 07:12 PM
The last time I had a fight was about 1979 when a mob of Jambos jumped me & my mates on the bridges :greengrin

Forget it it was troubled waters

lucky
21-10-2016, 07:37 PM
What's the capacity of the East Stand?

Billy Whizz
21-10-2016, 07:45 PM
What's the capacity of the East Stand?

Think it's just over 3,000

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/dunfermline.htm

lucky
21-10-2016, 07:58 PM

Cheers

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2016, 08:02 PM

taken from a dunfy fans site

The capacity of the ground now stands at 12,500, broken down as follows:
Main Stand 3,089
South East Enclosure 585
South West Enclosure 400
West Stand (Norrie McCathie Stand) 3,016
North West Stand 1,189
North East Stand 1,205
East Stand 3,016

Hermit Crab
22-10-2016, 12:22 AM
Do you get extra points for sitting in an allocated seat which isnt yours.

No but you'll not get another fan asking you to move and causing needless hassle by sitting in the seat you've been allocated.

Forza Fred
22-10-2016, 01:40 AM
Shake my head when I read threads like this.

If they don't. Care where people sit who buy tickets, why do they put seat numbers on them?

Surely putting an individual seat number on a ticket suggests that is where you should be sitting?

Must be a Scottish fitba thing......last encountered by me back in 2008 when visiting Hamilton Accies ground to find a group of spotty teenagers sitting in the seats we had on our tickets.

If everybody just sits where their ticket says...no problem!

Pete
22-10-2016, 05:10 AM
Shake my head when I read threads like this.

If they don't. Care where people sit who buy tickets, why do they put seat numbers on them?

Surely putting an individual seat number on a ticket suggests that is where you should be sitting?

Must be a Scottish fitba thing......last encountered by me back in 2008 when visiting Hamilton Accies ground to find a group of spotty teenagers sitting in the seats we had on our tickets.

If everybody just sits where their ticket says...no problem!

It's laziness. Small teams who expect their away end to be 1/3 full have nothing to lose by telling people to sit where they like.

It's a bit different when they have teams that will fill any more than half their allocation as it can lead to real trouble. There really is no excuse.

Thecat23
22-10-2016, 05:19 AM
Buy ticket, ticket has seat number on it, go and sit in that seat!

It's not rocket science!!

Keltyclippie
22-10-2016, 09:29 AM

EDIT- Seats ARE allocated.

Can we put this to bed once and for all. Both the Hibs and Pars websites state quite clearly that all seats are ALLOCATED. You are only entitled to sit in the seat that is stated on your ticket. End of story.

Hibernian Verse
22-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Can we put this to bed once and for all. Both the Hibs and Pars websites state quite clearly that all seats are ALLOCATED. You are only entitled to sit in the seat that is stated on your ticket. End of story.
It says that in the title. Relax pal.

DaveF
22-10-2016, 01:22 PM
A lot of the seats in the north east don't have numbers on them so you are guessing or looking for other rows with seats. Should be fun when it gets busier.

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm in seat 70; next but one is 155!

Itsnoteasy
22-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Behind goals is chaos. Security assistance does not know 1 from 200 & his G from his J. Now telling people to sit where they want.

Bristolhibby
22-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Behind goals is chaos. Security assistance does not know 1 from 200 & his G from his J. Now telling people to sit where they want.

This sounds fun. KO in 2 minutes

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Hugely predictable. Amit and Big Frank have to have a word. I couldn't go today but thanked my lucky stars I got in early with my boy the last time - to today' sounds like ANOTHER shambles. If so it is simply not good enough to not even have the fundamentals in place.