PDA

View Full Version : Regan & Doncaster

Northernhibee
20-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Scottish football is getting worse and worse under their reign. Clubs struggling financially, our top side losing to Lincoln Red Imps in a leg of the Champions League qualifiers, other clubs being pumped out of Europe by a team from Malta (:greengrin), the national team as far away from qualifying for a major tournament as we've ever been, youth development a mess, awful refereeing, abysmal attendances, not enough money going into the game - they've arguably failed on every level at their job.

For the good of the game they really, really need to step down or be moved on. The game is in crisis in Scotland just now and I've no faith in them whatsoever.

Bostonhibby
20-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Scottish football is getting worse and worse under their reign. Clubs struggling financially, our top side losing to Lincoln Red Imps in a leg of the Champions League qualifiers, other clubs being pumped out of Europe by a team from Malta (:greengrin), the national team as far away from qualifying for a major tournament as we've ever been, youth development a mess, awful refereeing, abysmal attendances, not enough money going into the game - they've arguably failed on every level at their job.

For the good of the game they really, really need to step down or be moved on. The game is in crisis in Scotland just now and I've no faith in them whatsoever.
Agree, but the problem is it's snouts in the trough. They ain't going to go because no one else will give them the chance at a similar trough.

The other members won't get rid of them as they are lining up for a shoe in at the same trough.

We're all doomed.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

johnbc70
20-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I am surprised they are still there to be honest, but they seem accountable to nobody.

Is it not the clubs who keep that bafoon Doncaster in a job, not sure about Regan as he seems to have overseen one failure after another. Any other organisations and they would have been sacked a long time ago.

Hibs Class
20-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Agree but who would replace them? Right now I wouldn't bet against it being ally mccoist and alex rae!

PatHead
20-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Agree but who would replace them? Right now I wouldn't bet against it being ally mccoist and alex rae!

As long as it isn't Leeann

Bostonhibby
20-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Dumb & dumber?

Cannon & Ball?

Laurel & Hardie?

Rab & Jamesie?

Abbott & Costello?

All suggestions welcome

Stax
20-10-2016, 09:06 PM

Just the latest in a long line of incompetents unwilling to challenge the status quo of the parochial backwater that is Scottish football. Unfortunately I can't come up with any alternative solution. Think it was Barry Hearn (at the invite of the sfa iirc) that gave a speech about the shambles of Scottish football including the top league not having a sponsor at the time. Maybe a spiv like Hearn is what's needed but he'd still cowtow to the ugly sisters.

greenlex
20-10-2016, 09:22 PM
They are both employees. One directly of the clubs. The other if the SFA who if the clubs really wanted to get rid if it wouldn't be too difficult. The clubs are complicit.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2016, 10:26 PM

That's not quite true, as things stand at the moment Hibs and Hearts crowds are as good as they have been for a good few years and Aberdeen are doing pretty well too .... Dundee Utd are holding up extremely well following relegation .... even the Ugly sisters are doing better than the last few seasons, mostly due to the return of the hate fest ......... don't get me wrong, there is a lot of room for improvement and Regan and Doncaster certainly don't appear to be part of the solution, my idea to get crowds rising is to make attending football a fun experience, with standing areas, noise, flags and perhaps even boxes of sand where the 'ultras' can chuck their smoke bombs :greengrin ...... I don't think either of Scottish football's chuckle brothers would know what the word 'fun' means.

mca
20-10-2016, 10:41 PM
The SFA.. it's Who you Know.. is it not ??

How the f Did Strachan ever get the Job.. Old Comrades etc..

I Grew up watching Corruption.. it was the Same back in the 80`s.. Craig Brown !!! cmon

Whos Next.. Hugh Dallas.. widnae Surprise me.. !!!

Jack
20-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Are attendances not up overall? Despite these two and all the crap around Sevco.

I'll agree the club's were complicit but as usual I'm hoping there's maybe a couple of women with no regard for blazers in a position now where change for the overall good of the Scottish game can be effected.

Northernhibee
20-10-2016, 11:34 PM
We could do a lot worse than oor Rod and Gordon Strachan overseeing things. Gordon's just a little too past it tactics wise to manage the national side but has a lot of experience to draw on, and you bet that Rod will get the very best deals in terms of sponsorships and TV money for the game.

GreenLake
21-10-2016, 02:59 AM

These guys are a brilliant symbol representing human evolution that has come to a stand still.

Lago
21-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Are attendances not up overall? Despite these two and all the crap around Sevco.

I'll agree the club's were complicit but as usual I'm hoping there's maybe a couple of women with no regard for blazers in a position now where change for the overall good of the Scottish game can be effected.
Yes attendances are up but the football on show, at all levels, is mediocre at best.

Thecat23
21-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Yet our clubs do nothing to try to remove them. To many yes men who are happy to pick up a good wage while watching our game die a slow death.

Until a major shake up happens Scottish football will remain horrific at all levels! Just as well we are passionate about our clubs because I think in some other sports we would have chucked it.

lyonhibs
21-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Dumb & dumber?

Cannon & Ball?

Laurel & Hardie?

Rab & Jamesie?

Abbott & Costello?

All suggestions welcome

Sounds like Bobby the Barman's list of gags from Still Game

Hibee87
21-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Yet our clubs do nothing to try to remove them. To many yes men who are happy to pick up a good wage while watching our game die a slow death.

Until a major shake up happens Scottish football will remain horrific at all levels! Just as well we are passionate about our clubs because I think in some other sports we would have chucked it.

Cat, I am sure you answered this question for me about a year or so ago - Who hires them and ultimately who fires them?
I am sure the answer you gave was the member clubs themselves have a lot of control so in essence I guess my question (not to you directly) is how do we start the ball rolling to have them removed?
Fan power, I presume, is the answer? Do we write/contact our club to take a stand and let them know the feelings of the fans and/or do we (not saying me personally) contact as many other fans forums (barring 2) and light the flame in them also making the noises to their clubs about wanting change?

If we all bitch and moan amongst ourselves on our own forum, then nothing will get done/noticed.....surely this would be the only way to change it?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Dumb & dumber?

Cannon & Ball?

Laurel & Hardie?

Rab & Jamesie?

Abbott & Costello?

All suggestions welcome

Chuckle Brothers

Where do we pass the blame for the state of the national game? To me, to you , to me.

Phil MaGlass
21-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Aye crowds are up and that has nothing to do with the SFA it was because the huns were relegated, thats why attendances are healthy. Not the doom and gloom one particular man at the SFA had predicted.How that clown is still in a job is f, n amazing, snouts in troughs tight enough

rodhibs55
21-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Chuckle Brothers

Where do we pass the blame for the state of the national game? To me, to you , to me.

Cagney and Lacey (Couple of Fa****s)

Ozymandias
21-10-2016, 11:53 AM
I've a lot of sympathy with the OP. I think Doncaster is just incompetent on a professional level - "Armageddongate" should have seen the end of him. Regan I have some sympathy for. He was from outside the Scottish game, and brought in some good idea - the 2020 vision published a few years ago made a lot of sense. The governance of the game has been streamlined significantly - the famed committee structure of old has largely been done away with despite what anyone may tell you

However, what they (or anybody up here) will face, is the inherent and institutional small-mindedness of the clubs. At senior professional level, the parochialism of the whole game ranging from the Division 2 teams looking to bumble along to the self-centredness of The Rangers and Celtc is almost an entirely intractable problem as the goals of these extremes are so radically different. If you look at other fan boards, the attitude that the world is out to get them is universal. The Huns genuinely think the SFA is out to get them them, and "Daily Rhebel" is the mouthpiece of Parkhead, whereas Celtc think the SFA have bent over backwards to accommodate Sevco and the Daily Hun is still Traynor's rag.

I don't personally think the answer therefore is more fan-owned clubs or fan representation at Hampden - can you imagine being known as "That Hibs c***" across every social media outlet. I do think it needs a fresh pair of eyes, and someone with a business knowledge of professional sport and a genuine leader to come in and take it on. Who that is I don't know, but I think it can't be someone who is from inside the game, not just now anyway. I've never understood why being a good footballer would give you any particular insight into running a multi-million pound organisation anyway.

patlowe
21-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I've a lot of sympathy with the OP. I think Doncaster is just incompetent on a professional level - "Armageddongate" should have seen the end of him. Regan I have some sympathy for. He was from outside the Scottish game, and brought in some good idea - the 2020 vision published a few years ago made a lot of sense. The governance of the game has been streamlined significantly - the famed committee structure of old has largely been done away with despite what anyone may tell you

However, what they (or anybody up here) will face, is the inherent and institutional small-mindedness of the clubs. At senior professional level, the parochialism of the whole game ranging from the Division 2 teams looking to bumble along to the self-centredness of The Rangers and Celtc is almost an entirely intractable problem as the goals of these extremes are so radically different. If you look at other fan boards, the attitude that the world is out to get them is universal. The Huns genuinely think the SFA is out to get them them, and "Daily Rhebel" is the mouthpiece of Parkhead, whereas Celtc think the SFA have bent over backwards to accommodate Sevco and the Daily Hun is still Traynor's rag.

I don't personally think the answer therefore is more fan-owned clubs or fan representation at Hampden - can you imagine being known as "That Hibs c***" across every social media outlet. I do think it needs a fresh pair of eyes, and someone with a business knowledge of professional sport and a genuine leader to come in and take it on. Who that is I don't know, but I think it can't be someone who is from inside the game, not just now anyway. I've never understood why being a good footballer would give you any particular insight into running a multi-million pound organisation anyway.

Was it not Regan/SFA that used that term?

Paisley Hibby
21-10-2016, 12:01 PM
The SFA.. it's Who you Know.. is it not ??

How the f Did Strachan ever get the Job.. Old Comrades etc..

I Grew up watching Corruption.. it was the Same back in the 80`s.. Craig Brown !!! cmon

Whos Next.. Hugh Dallas.. widnae Surprise me.. !!!

In retrospect Craig Brown's Scotland looks like a golden age. He took us to a World Cup. Boring as **** but he played a system that made the most of our mediocre players.

G B Young
21-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Add to that the fact Scotland's under-21s are getting beat by virtually all comers and even in the women's game where the Scotland team have actually qualified for their European Championships they got beat 7-0 at home by the Netherlands in a friendly yesterday. Our own Hibs Ladies team took an aggregate 10-1 beating in Europe so it's really across the board that Scottish football simply isn't at the races with no sign whatsoever in the way of improvement around the corner. Those at the top are clearly clueless about how to arrest this decline, let alone put in place the foundations for some sort of revival.

Ozymandias
21-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Was it not Regan/SFA that used that term?

Just had a look - Doncaster claimed recently it was Regan, but there seems to be a lot of directly attributable-to-him quotes from the time that suggest it was indeed the man with the ludicrous barnet.

mca
21-10-2016, 08:25 PM
I've never understood why being a good footballer would give you any particular insight into running a multi-million pound organisation anyway.

:aok:

Scorrie
21-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Dumb & dumber?

Cannon & Ball?

Laurel & Hardie?

Rab & Jamesie?

Abbott & Costello?

All suggestions welcome

Utter and Crap

Thecat23
22-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Cat, I am sure you answered this question for me about a year or so ago - Who hires them and ultimately who fires them?
I am sure the answer you gave was the member clubs themselves have a lot of control so in essence I guess my question (not to you directly) is how do we start the ball rolling to have them removed?
Fan power, I presume, is the answer? Do we write/contact our club to take a stand and let them know the feelings of the fans and/or do we (not saying me personally) contact as many other fans forums (barring 2) and light the flame in them also making the noises to their clubs about wanting change?

If we all bitch and moan amongst ourselves on our own forum, then nothing will get done/noticed.....surely this would be the only way to change it?

I can't remember now to be honest but you are right maybe time the fans came together and tried to force these clowns out. I can't believe how they are still in a job when you look at the mess they have caused.

Any other business they would have been fired long ago.