PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs Hibernian legend

lord bunberry
19-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Won us the cup.
Close all other threads and merge with that fact. How long did we wait, how long did we think it wouldn't happen. Stubbs did it. No other manager did.

hibs0666
19-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Don't be a stranger Alan. Hibernian legend.

Thecat23
19-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Won us the cup.
Close all other threads and merge with that fact. How long did we wait, how long did we think it wouldn't happen. Stubbs did it. No other manager did.

Bang on! 👍🏼

1875STEVE
19-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Legend end of.

Babyshamble
19-10-2016, 11:35 PM
gave me, my dad & my son the best day of our lifes.all other thread about stubbsy should be closed.HIBS LEGEND.END OF.

Frogga
19-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Here here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monktonharp
20-10-2016, 12:38 AM
these guys will go down in history as the boys that made it happen. From a personal point of view, John Doolan assured us in our local pub,....Willie, we lost the League cup but we wont be comin' bach(scouse accent) without the Scottish! I will never forget that moment, and they did it for us.

monktonharp
20-10-2016, 12:39 AM
gave me, my dad & my son the best day of our lifes.all other thread about stubbsy should be closed.HIBS LEGEND.END OF.:aok:

Bay Area Hibees
20-10-2016, 12:44 AM
:aok:

Yes legend. Got us to two finals while in 2nd flight and we won the big one!

Think people took him granted slightly.

Also we should not under estimate Leanne George etc on that success.

Stubbsy= hibs legend forever

Bay Area Hibees
20-10-2016, 12:45 AM
these guys will go down in history as the boys that made it happen. From a personal point of view, John Doolan assured us in our local pub,....Willie, we lost the League cup but we wont be comin' bach(scouse accent) without the Scottish! I will never forget that moment, and they did it for us.

Love this story
On a trip home from USA I visited said pub as where I. Grew up and would loved to have met John.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2016, 01:19 AM
I couldn't give a stuff that he didn't get us promoted, he did the one thing that none of his predecessors was able to do in living memory ..... you cant even say he had a lucky run to the final, to get there we had to knock out Raith Rovers, Hearts, ICT and Dundee Utd ... only the ICT game was a home draw.

The only argument relating to Alan Stubbs any Hibs fan should be having following the 21st of May is how long we should wait before we name the east stand after him.

Swedish hibee
20-10-2016, 01:31 AM
I couldn't give a stuff that he didn't get us promoted, he did the one thing that none of his predecessors was able to do in living memory ..... you cant even say he had a lucky run to the final, to get there we had to knock out Raith Rovers, Hearts, ICT and Dundee Utd ... only the ICT game was a home draw.

The only argument relating to Alan Stubbs any Hibs fan should be having following the 21st of May is how long we should wait before we name the east stand after him.

Well said 👍

CorrieHibs
20-10-2016, 03:28 AM
Get Stubbs up as a guest asap. Would love to see him on the pitch at half time.

He'll always be a legend at Easter Road.

lyonhibs
20-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Absolute hero. Wouldn't have swapped 21.05 for all the promotions in the world.

Left too early, and definitely to the wrong club, but would welcome him and his team back on the pitch at ER any time.

Brooster
20-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Why did Stubbs leave us to go to Rotherham? Still baffles me that one.

Onion
20-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Legend. Cup Final win was one of the greatest pieces of football management we've ever seen by a Hibs manager.

dastardly8
20-10-2016, 08:13 AM
114 years of misery , torment and disbelief erased under Stubbs and his team we should have a Stubbs statue outside ER , if we just sit back and analyse actually what he guided us to that day is incredible

scooby
20-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Why did Stubbs leave us to go to Rotherham? Still baffles me that one.

He was leaving anyway for personal reasons we can't post here, and Rotherham was the only offer available. Poisoned challis.
I'm sure he has major regrets about the whole episode.
Still a hero for me.

Forza Fred
20-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Hopefully he will find a job in football soon.

He was our manager when we won the cup.

Never, ever can it be forgotten.

Danderhall Hibs
20-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Absolute hero. Wouldn't have swapped 21.05 for all the promotions in the world.

Left too early, and definitely to the wrong club, but would welcome him and his team back on the pitch at ER any time.

The HT draw at the next derby would be logical.

Yuillsy
20-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Would love to see all 3 of them at the DVD premiere next week.