PDA

View Full Version : Pay at the gate on Saturday?

Cat Stanton
19-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Sorry if covered elsewhere - can you buy tickets at Dunfermline on the day on Saturday?

The Dunfermline website says you can - but wasn't sure if that is only for home fans.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Boyle89
19-10-2016, 04:06 PM
If we sell the away stand out they normally open the north east for the rest. That will be cash. Will most likely happen on Saturday as well I'd imagine.

Cat Stanton
19-10-2016, 04:33 PM
If we sell the away stand out they normally open the north east for the rest. That will be cash. Will most likely happen on Saturday as well I'd imagine.

Thank you.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2016, 06:40 AM
I'd get there early, that said the last time (albeit when Fenlon was in charge - Goals from Sparky and OConnor iirc) I was there I did that and they were so disorganised they opened ages after they should have despite the tickets having seat numbers they said "sit anywhere" which obv inconvenienced folks that had already bough specific tickets and general chaos ensued with folks milling about after kickoff trying to find a space for them / their mates. Not great for those who had small kids or a disability / need to sit at the end of an aisle - it's unacceptable really.

I hope they've learned the lessons but I think they try to trim costs and staff which adds to the challenge.

Hopefully the club has engaged and this won't be an issue again.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2016, 10:50 AM
does anyone who has bought a ticket already know if it's a free for all where you sit ?

Broken Gnome
20-10-2016, 10:53 AM
I'd get there early, that said the last time (albeit when Fenlon was in charge - Goals from Sparky and OConnor iirc) I was there I did that and they were so disorganised they opened ages after they should have despite the tickets having seat numbers they said "sit anywhere" which obv inconvenienced folks that had already bough specific tickets and general chaos ensued with folks milling about after kickoff trying to find a space for them / their mates. Not great for those who had small kids or a disability / need to sit at the end of an aisle - it's unacceptable really.

I hope they've learned the lessons but I think they try to trim costs and staff which adds to the challenge.

I complained to them after that and never got a word in response. Didn't even get into the stand I'd bought a ticket for and the wee side stand is a fairly crap alternative.

Real Emerald
20-10-2016, 11:11 AM
does anyone who has bought a ticket already know if it's a free for all where you sit ?

Tickets have row and seat numbers on. I'll be sitting in the seat allocated. Totally ridiculous to allow a free for all when people have bought seats together especially if they're with kids. If you get there late and there's only odd seats dotted around what do you do? The whole point of pre allocating tickets is to stop this chaos happening. Seen it at Falkirk last game of the previous season when an old couple were forced to look for vacant seats when ignorant neds refused to move out of the seats the old couple had been allocated. Total disgrace, no wonder there are punch ups.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-history-griffiths-strikes-twice-at-east-end-1-3995737

I've tweeted the clubs hoping that lessons are learned. Let's see...

marinello59
20-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Tickets have row and seat numbers on. I'll be sitting in the seat allocated. Totally ridiculous to allow a free for all when people have bought seats together especially if they're with kids. If you get there late and there's only odd seats dotted around what do you do? The whole point of pre allocating tickets is to stop this chaos happening. Seen it at Falkirk last game of the previous season when an old couple were forced to look for vacant seats when ignorant neds refused to move out of the seats the old couple had been allocated. Total disgrace, no wonder there are punch ups.

Aye, you get some selfish twats determined to sit where they want and stuff everyone else who has bought a group together. That's why they are allocated.

Sean1875
20-10-2016, 01:42 PM
i'm hoping my tickets will have arrived today that i ordered last week other wise i'm struggling. anyone know if i went to the TO tomorrow if they haven't arrived they'd be able to reallocate tickets to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southsider
20-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Have a ticket with row and seat number.

percy veer
20-10-2016, 02:57 PM

as did the tickets last time, to then be advised sit anywhere, so you sit anywhere and some keyboard gangster complains after the game.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2016, 03:23 PM
It's reserved seats. That's why your ticket has a row and seat number on it. If it was unreserved the ticket would say unreserved seating on it. I don't know why folk buy tickets with seats allocated and just think they can sit where they want. :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2016, 03:27 PM
as did the tickets last time, to then be advised sit anywhere, so you sit anywhere and some keyboard gangster complains after the game.

I think the problems were, some stewards were saying sit anywhere, and others were saying sit in the reserved seat, which obviously caused plenty aggro.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2016, 04:46 PM

ta muchly :aok:

matty_f
20-10-2016, 05:18 PM
I've tweeted Hibs and Dunfermline to ask if there will be a cash gate, no reply from either yet.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Very few tickets left - bought 2 today, only had front row left.

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Just purchased three online, Row E

GreenCastle
20-10-2016, 08:34 PM
In ticket office today - only had front 2 rows.

They will know tomorrow about any extra seats and / or pay at gate.

Seems we have pretty much sold out behind goal so expect them to open side part which we could easily fill also.

Massive game and important we get back on track.

Regarding seat numbers I hope they have sorted the seats and rows as I remember it was all muddled before 9, 12, 8, 14 in some rows!! How hard can it be to check these things and say sit in your allocated seat. Often they say at gate sit anywhere which causes the issues !! Or just have a single turnstile open - I like East End Park but they need to do better for the fans visiting.

hibIBZ
20-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Trying to get 2 tickets online now and it appears there is none left.... here's hoping they open the side stand

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Trying to get 2 tickets online now and it appears there is none left.... here's hoping they open the side stand

Have you tried every section,I tried a few different before I got my 3

Hermit Crab
20-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Theres still some available in ESW. Row D

jgl07
20-10-2016, 11:42 PM

The worst shambles was in the relegation season under McLeish. The away end (standing back then) was absolutely heaving. They were clearly not controlling those coming in. The enclosure below the main stand was also for Hibs supporters and that was seated. The problem was that they let in twice as many as there were seats. Many transferred to the standing area behind the goal that made it even more overcrowded.

Pete
21-10-2016, 07:35 AM
I complained to them after that and never got a word in response. Didn't even get into the stand I'd bought a ticket for and the wee side stand is a fairly crap alternative.

The wee side stand is the business. I've been there a few times and when it's busy it's like a hark back to the old days. Rather be there than the new, Lego identikit stand but I'm not risking it and have bought tickets for behind the goals (which was easy online).

Cat Stanton
21-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Theres still some available in ESW. Row D

If buying tickets on-line at this stage, when/where do you collect them? I'm presuming there is no print-at-home option as it's an away game?

green&left
21-10-2016, 08:06 AM
If buying tickets on-line at this stage, when/where do you collect them? I'm presuming there is no print-at-home option as it's an away game?

Will have to be collected from ER today or tomorrow morning.

Havn't got my tickets yet. If we've sold out behind the goals they'll open up the side stand and give us half that surely? That gives you 1200 extra.

Cat Stanton
21-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Will have to be collected from ER today or tomorrow morning.

Havn't got my tickets yet. If we've sold out behind the goals they'll open up the side stand and give us half that surely? That gives you 1200 extra.

cheers

Billy Whizz
21-10-2016, 08:40 AM
We must have sold quite a few this week. Away stand behind the goals hold 3,000, and Hibs said that we'd sold over 2,000 on Tuesday
Going to b a great hibs support at East End Park tomorrow

GreenCastle
21-10-2016, 09:03 AM
We must have sold quite a few this week. Away stand behind the goals hold 3,000, and Hibs said that we'd sold over 2,000 on Tuesday
Going to b a great hibs support at East End Park tomorrow

The friendly ticket staff showed me the screen yesterday and was just at the front remaining - so must be close to 3000.

Hopefully Hibs announce they have extra tickets for the side stand today and are selling them from ER.

DaveF
21-10-2016, 09:15 AM
I cant get to ER so was hoping to pitch up early tomorrow and grab a ticket. Guess that's unlikely unless they open up the side stand.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2016, 09:23 AM
I cant get to ER so was hoping to pitch up early tomorrow and grab a ticket. Guess that's unlikely unless they open up the side stand.

I'm sure they will open up another stand, they would be crazy to turn down additional revenue

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm off to Easter Road to collect mine shortly,if anyone needs tickets collecting let me know in next 30mins.

GreenCastle
21-10-2016, 11:07 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6908

Cash gate Saturday for the north east stand !

DaveF
21-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Nice one. Will get there early to make sure I miss the chaos.

DarrenSQH
21-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I imagine if they fill the second stand they would let us have the top end of the main stand too as this has been where away fans for most teams in division 2 were given.

21-10-2016, 12:10 PM
I have a cocncession ticket for sale £11 face value if anyone wants it? And tickets will be on sale at east end park tomorrow for hibs fans

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Valencia
21-10-2016, 12:18 PM
North east stand open to Hibs fans cash only - Dunfermline web site

NAE NOOKIE
21-10-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm going tomorrow, I've been to quite a few of Hibs away cup games and friendlies in the last few years, but it must be about 5 years since I've been to an away league game .... if me going to this is any indicator then the Hibs support should be about 10,000 tomorrow :greengrin