19-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Stubbs sacked from Rotherham
Where you been hiding Gav ?

We've not seen you in 10 years :confused:

Have you been waiting all that time to break your cover on this story :wink:

Marco G
19-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Feel really sorry for John Doolan and Taf. Dont think they wanted to leave Hibs but Stubbs forced their hand. Shame for Stubbs how its worked out, but it was an odd choice if club to join, other than being near his home.

jacomo
19-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Football's a rough business, eh?

I can exclusively reveal* that Rotherham are now targeting Neil Lennon.

*No evidence whatsoever.

cam2644
19-10-2016, 02:59 PM

He was the one who won us the Cup. He'll always be remembered for that.
The less successful league campaigns will be forgotten in time.

J-C
19-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Feel really sorry for John Doolan and Taf. Dont think they wanted to leave Hibs but Stubbs forced their hand. Shame for Stubbs how its worked out, but it was an odd choice if club to join, other than being near his home.

Doolan was interviewed for the job before deciding to go with Stubbs, he'll regret that decision.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Crazy job for him to take.

Big job to rebuild his reputation down south and will have to work his way back up from the very bottom now.

Hibs legend and I wish him well.

JimBHibees
19-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Doolan was interviewed for the job before deciding to go with Stubbs, he'll regret that decision.

Doesn't mean he was offered the job.

J-C
19-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Doesn't mean he was offered the job.

From what I gather he was a strong favourite to take over as LD wanted continuity in the management and Doolan seemed the best candidate, players all liked him and he was already in place as coach.

scooby
19-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Crazy job for him to take.

Big job to rebuild his reputation down south and will have to work his way back up from the very bottom now.

Hibs legend and I wish him well.

I think he will have many regrets, it's a real shame the way things have played out for him. I really hope he can get his life back on track, but his recent demeanour has been very different to the one we all knew.
A proud man who probably feels he's let himself down, I too wish him well.

ACLeith
19-10-2016, 08:36 PM
I think he will have many regrets, it's a real shame the way things have played out for him. I really hope he can get his life back on track, but his recent demeanour has been very different to the one we all knew.
A proud man who probably feels he's let himself down, I too wish him well.

Yup. In 2025 when they publish the book (or whatever has taken its place by then!) for the 150th anniversary there will be a chapter about 21st May. Alan Stubbs and the players will be given their rightful place in our history.

I just hope i am around to be given it as a present from one of my grandchildren.

Swedish hibee
19-10-2016, 09:49 PM
I loved watching the football under Stubbs. I know that's not gonna be popular on here- but after most games, I'd be buzzing..and wishing I was at ER and not in Sweden.
I miss that feeling- please let it return!!!

lucky
19-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Hibs hero and legend but he made a dreadful decision and is now paying for it.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Said at the time I thought it was driven by family reasons for him and the management team. Sometimes things can be driven by the family rather than the individuals themselves.
So now they get some gardening leave and to be with family whilst available to attend interview closer to home.
He can still hold his head high leaving us after the perfect ending. And it really was the perfect ending.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Stubbs asked to be considered for both the Blackburn and Bolton jobs way before the cup final, so yes great that he was there when we won the cup, but dont think for one moment he would not have walked out the door had he been give either job.

I had not heard about any rumours at the club that may have hastened his departure, but he was actively looking for another job down south, and it seems more than likely he and the club knew they were parting ways.

southsider
20-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Do hope the Club invite him and his management team to the DVD Premier. That would be a blast.

snooky
20-10-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm sure some will disagree with this but, 2 goals in 11 minutes changed a lot of folks views on Alan Stubbs.

hibbysam
20-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm sure some will disagree with this but, 2 goals in 11 minutes changed a lot of folks views on Alan Stubbs.

And rightly so.

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2016, 03:36 PM

I won't say it changed my view on him. He had lots of failings. Too loyal to certain players, team too casual with no intensity at times even although we couldnt break stuffy teams down, stubborn with his system, failure to get promoted in 2 attempts.

But, he brought some pride back to our team (long before 21/05), hammered TheRangers 4-0, brought in players like McGinn, McGeouch, Allan, Malonga, Gray, Fontaine. He had to rebuild from scratch not just the playing squad but the whole framework of the club (with George Craig and Leeann Dempster obviously), he took us to Hampden 4 times in 2 seasons as a manager of a club in the Championship, gave us belief in Derbies again. For all this he deserves to have that balanced against his failings. And then 21/05 secures his place as a Hibernian Hero for all time.

I was prepared for him to leave in the summer from around March. I just felt it was inevitable, and after the play off games I really wasn't fussed if it did come to pass. Obviously after 21/05 there was part of me that wanted him to stay. He spoke so well at the sponsors event about plans for the coming season. Then when the Rotherham stories started, initially I was gutted, but then came back to thinking it maybe was time for a clean break, and time for someone else to take us to the next step after all the good work AS had done. I wish him well, and will always remember him fondly for being the man that helped bring home the Holy Grail.

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2016, 04:00 PM
I loved watching the football under Stubbs. I know that's not gonna be popular on here- but after most games, I'd be buzzing..and wishing I was at ER and not in Sweden.
I miss that feeling- please let it return!!!
I miss it too mate its mainly eye bleeding stuff at present but it's not about style this season...it's about getting back up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CRAZYHIBBY
20-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Shame for stubbs and especially doolan who wanted to stay but we have moved on and hopefully things work out for him in the future

jacomo
22-10-2016, 08:58 AM
I won't say it changed my view on him. He had lots of failings. Too loyal to certain players, team too casual with no intensity at times even although we couldnt break stuffy teams down, stubborn with his system, failure to get promoted in 2 attempts.

But, he brought some pride back to our team (long before 21/05), hammered TheRangers 4-0, brought in players like McGinn, McGeouch, Allan, Malonga, Gray, Fontaine. He had to rebuild from scratch not just the playing squad but the whole framework of the club (with George Craig and Leeann Dempster obviously), he took us to Hampden 4 times in 2 seasons as a manager of a club in the Championship, gave us belief in Derbies again. For all this he deserves to have that balanced against his failings. And then 21/05 secures his place as a Hibernian Hero for all time.

I was prepared for him to leave in the summer from around March. I just felt it was inevitable, and after the play off games I really wasn't fussed if it did come to pass. Obviously after 21/05 there was part of me that wanted him to stay. He spoke so well at the sponsors event about plans for the coming season. Then when the Rotherham stories started, initially I was gutted, but then came back to thinking it maybe was time for a clean break, and time for someone else to take us to the next step after all the good work AS had done. I wish him well, and will always remember him fondly for being the man that helped bring home the Holy Grail.

Good summary.

It did seem his mind was made up to go, but Leeann tried hard to persuade him to stay.

Yes he perhaps wasn't as pragmatic or adaptable as he could have been, but he was dealt a simply awful hand as Hibs manager and helped the club rediscover its soul.

First season: a Hibs team that actually wanted to play again and show some real pride in the shirt.

Second season: the Holy Grail.

Had Farid been able to contribute more, had Fyvie or Dylan not got injured at the same time and been fit to play the LC Final, certain key decisions from officials,.. all what ifs now, but we were unlucky we didn't achieve more IMO.

southsider
22-10-2016, 09:09 AM
I really believe that getting through v Falkirk would have cost us the Cup. As it was we had a week to recover and prepare which we would not have had. In the last 15 minutes we gained an extra wind with McGinn and Gray making fantastic tackles whereby you could sense the belief surge through us. Then.....

worcesterhibby
14-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Just came across a couple of the "I have no regrets about leaving Hibs" articles that came out a couple of weeks back about stubbs...I have to say I would have a good deal more respect for him if he had come out and said..

" Look I wasn't sure how I was going to top the elation of winning the Scottish cup with Hibs and I made a bit of a snap decision and headed down south. What a total crap hole Rotherham is..what was I thinking ? Sh*T Town Sh8T team and Sh7t support...I must have been out of my tiny mind to leave Hibs and go to such a hole in the ground."

Smartie
14-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Just came across a couple of the "I have no regrets about leaving Hibs" articles that came out a couple of weeks back about stubbs...I have to say I would have a good deal more respect for him if he had come out and said..

" Look I wasn't sure how I was going to top the elation of winning the Scottish cup with Hibs and I made a bit of a snap decision and headed down south. What a total crap hole Rotherham is..what was I thinking ? Sh*T Town Sh8T team and Sh7t support...I must have been out of my tiny mind to leave Hibs and go to such a hole in the ground."

Why should be show such disrespect to Rotherham but not Hibs?

Asking him if he regrets the move is reasonable - for Stubbs to say no is equally reasonable. He moved, it didn't work out - doesn't mean he has to regret the move.

We also don't know what exactly he said - we only know how the reporter reported it. And Stubbsy fell foul of mischievous reporters a few times when he was with us.

Just move on - I don't think we should be touchy about the whole affair. He won us the cup, now we've got a league to win with a new manager.

worcesterhibby
14-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Why should be show such disrespect to Rotherham but not Hibs?

Asking him if he regrets the move is reasonable - for Stubbs to say no is equally reasonable. He moved, it didn't work out - doesn't mean he has to regret the move.

We also don't know what exactly he said - we only know how the reporter reported it. And Stubbsy fell foul of mischievous reporters a few times when he was with us.

Just move on - I don't think we should be touchy about the whole affair. He won us the cup, now we've got a league to win with a new manager.

To be honest I'm not touchy about Stubbs (although it was a very very stupid decision too leave) I just hate Rotherham.

Smartie
14-11-2016, 01:45 PM
To be honest I'm not touchy about Stubbs (although it was a very very stupid decision too leave) I just hate Rotherham.

:greengrin

Entirely your prerogative and not entirely unreasonable.

I think it was a daft move for him but he had his reasons. Life's too short to have regrets. He needs to focus on getting himself another (better) job and not beating himself up over the last decision.