PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy

Salt N Sauzee
19-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Sacked according to a couple journo's on twitter.

CallumLaidlaw
19-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Sacked according to a couple journo's on twitter.

looks like they were basing it on fake Rotherham Utd account. The Rotherham local paper don't think theres any sign of a sacking.

Salt N Sauzee
19-10-2016, 11:06 AM
looks like they were basing it on fake Rotherham Utd account. The Rotherham local paper don't think theres any sign of a sacking.

Ah right. Never seen the account! Good old Twitter

Winston Ingram
19-10-2016, 11:21 AM
http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/104824/no-moves-on-stubbs-future.aspx

If he doesn't go today it'll be in the next week or so. 6 points from 13 games is dire. I've been on a forum of theirs this morning and their fans hate him

Paisley Hibby
19-10-2016, 12:03 PM
http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/104824/no-moves-on-stubbs-future.aspx

If he doesn't go today it'll be in the next week or so. 6 points from 13 games is dire. I've been on a forum of theirs this morning and their fans hate him
Had a wee look too. There's some kerwan called Jambo posting there who is OBSESSED with Stubbs' time at Hibs. He's even kept newspaper cuttings. Takes sitting in the away end to a whole new level.

Winston Ingram
19-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Had a wee look too. There's some kerwan called Jambo posting there who is OBSESSED with Stubbs' time at Hibs. He's even kept newspaper cuttings. Takes sitting in the away end to a whole new level.

I saw that too :faf:

1875STEVE
19-10-2016, 12:08 PM
That picture of Stubbs and Doolan. Looks like the weight of the world on their shoulders, only a few months after Hampden. :rolleyes:

Should have stayed Stubbsy.

Diclonius
19-10-2016, 12:17 PM
"When asked last night about any uncertainty over his job, Stubbs said: "I enjoy what I do, I love what I do and I'm new into this and I've had relative success at my previous club."

Relative success? A bit too modest there Stubbsy. :wink:

Feel bad for him but Rotherham was always going to be a tough ask. A League One club at best somehow in the Championship.

magpie1892
19-10-2016, 12:34 PM

Has he kept the cuttings from the 2-2 cup game at the PBS earlier this year?

allezsauzee
19-10-2016, 12:49 PM

Aww poor Jambo. Desperately wants to be a Hibby but was a particularly unlucky loser in the genetic lottery :lolyam:

Winston Ingram
19-10-2016, 01:16 PM
"When asked last night about any uncertainty over his job, Stubbs said: "I enjoy what I do, I love what I do and I'm new into this and I've had relative success at my previous club."

Relative success? A bit too modest there Stubbsy. :wink:

Feel bad for him but Rotherham was always going to be a tough ask. A League One club at best somehow in the Championship.

Tbf, he's balancing the cup success wi the Roger Hunt he made of promotion.

RoYO!
19-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Tbf, he's balancing the cup success wi the Roger Hunt he made of promotion.

Ye the players had nothing to do with chucking a winning margin in Falkirk.

Bostonhibby
19-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Kerwan? Sounds like a dyslexic Juan Kerr to me.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
19-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Ye the players had nothing to do with chucking a winning margin in Falkirk.

Just like his players are hurtling him towards relegation now.

calmacuk
19-10-2016, 02:18 PM
He's been sacked now, along with Doolan and Holden:

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rotherham-united-alan-stubbs-3372664.aspx

Scottie
19-10-2016, 02:20 PM
He's been sacked now, along with Doolan and Holden:

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rotherham-united-alan-stubbs-3372664.aspx
Official on SSN now.

Sad for Alan and the boys. Wish them well wherever they go from now on.

greenlex
19-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Get them back up the road and let Lennon either go or move upstairs for a year.

matty_f
19-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I think he was on a hiding to nothing going there, to be honest. I feel for him, he's a good guy and I think the fact we missed out on promotion last year overshadowed the great cup successes he had (two finals, winning the most important one). Despite not going up, last season was one of the best seasons I have had supporting Hibs, there were some astonishing highs and some awful lows, but (IMHO) the highs far surpassed the lows and I'll always look on Stubbs' time here fondly.

Thecat23
19-10-2016, 02:23 PM
I actually feel for them. Hope they get something soon.

iwasthere1972
19-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Just seen it announced on SSN.

One of the good guys in football and will never forget the good football he had us playing and that day in May at Hampden.

Good luck Stubbsy. Rotherham never as big as the mighty Hibees.

lord bunberry
19-10-2016, 02:25 PM
I think he was on a hiding to nothing going there, to be honest. I feel for him, he's a good guy and I think the fact we missed out on promotion last year overshadowed the great cup successes he had (two finals, winning the most important one). Despite not going up, last season was one of the best seasons I have had supporting Hibs, there were some astonishing highs and some awful lows, but (IMHO) the highs far surpassed the lows and I'll always look on Stubbs' time here fondly.
Well said.

ShinyFantastic
19-10-2016, 02:25 PM

Are you clinically insane?

Bostonhibby
19-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Feel sorry for them all but no idea why they went to Rotherham. The erse end of whatever league they're in. Going nowhere fast.

No return to ER though please. Grateful for the wonderful cup win but someone else's turn to have a go at getting us out this league.

lord bunberry
19-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Feel sorry for them all but no idea why they went to Rotherham. The erse end of whatever league they're in. Going nowhere fast.

No return to ER though please. Grateful for the wonderful cup win but someone else's turn to have a go at getting us out this league.

If all the rumours are true then I don't think he had much choice in the matter.

Centre Hawf
19-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Are you clinically insane?

If results continue I'd happily have Stubbsy back. But that would require another 4/5 games without a win or something. Which wont happen. I think Lennons not the man for us long term and we'll probably stumble our way to the title but i do wonder how ready we'd be for the Premiership with him.

tamig
19-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Agreed. The cup win aside, it was a real rollercoaster and some of the games in our two cup runs will live in the memory forever. Going from the low of the second leg playoff defeat at Falkirk to the ecstasy of the final is a journey that will never ever be matched.

dp00
19-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Least we can get them back at half time to give them a thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacoluna
19-10-2016, 02:45 PM
If results continue I'd happily have Stubbsy back. But that would require another 4/5 games without a win or something. Which wont happen. I think Lennons not the man for us long term and we'll probably stumble our way to the title but i do wonder how ready we'd be for the Premiership with him.

Lol behave top of the league without performing well yet you would like Stubbs who failed domestically with us twice to come back, Stubbs has failed domestically with Rotherham just as he failed domestically at Hibs.

Bostonhibby
19-10-2016, 02:55 PM
If all the rumours are true then I don't think he had much choice in the matter.
Agreed, seems he was going one way or the other.

ShinyFantastic
19-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Lol behave top of the league without performing well yet you would like Stubbs who failed domestically with us twice to come back, Stubbs has failed domestically with Rotherham just as he failed domestically at Hibs.

Failed domestically at Hibs? Am I missing something, did we win the non-Scottish Scottish Cup?

Callum_62
19-10-2016, 03:00 PM

What rumours?

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Sad news. I hope they make a success of things elsewhere. Always legends in my eyes.

J-C
19-10-2016, 03:03 PM
What rumours?

We're not allowed to say as they get deleted.

Thecat23
19-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Alan Stubbs and his team gave me a moment that will never be topped in football. Something so many Hibs fans failed to see sadly, yet he won us that holy grail.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2016, 03:05 PM

And will continue to be.

It's disrespectful gossip about people not able to defend themselves on here.

J-C
19-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Alan Stubbs and his team gave me a moment that will never be topped in football. Something so many Hibs fans failed to see sadly, yet he won us that holy grail.

And we all thank them for it but even after May I didn't want him as manager as I couldn't see him getting us up at another attempt.

J-C
19-10-2016, 03:08 PM
And will continue to be.

Wasn't arguing PB, just letting the guy know why we can't say anything. :aok:

Kojock
19-10-2016, 03:10 PM

If the rumours were true they wouldn't be rumours.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Could he do a job?

stantonhibby
19-10-2016, 03:13 PM
And will continue to be.

Better check the other Stubbs thread PB !

pacoluna
19-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Failed domestically at Hibs? Am I missing something, did we win the non-Scottish Scottish Cup?

He failed his domestic objective which was to gain promotion not to win the SC. That will be my last comment on stubbs other than he gave me my best day of my life and I wish him all the best.

pacoluna
19-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Better check the other Stubbs thread PB !
Are you Lee wallace in disguise ?

Lofarl
19-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Everyone last year would have took the cup over the league. The man got us that and another cup final and we were dam unlucky not to beat Falkirk. The amount of games we played near the end of last season was a huge factor. The schadenfreude I hear lots about Stubbs failings at Rotherham baffle me.

Brightside
19-10-2016, 03:19 PM
And will continue to be.

And its made up nonsense.

Jones28
19-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Can I get a PM? To see if what I've heard is what this is relation to

Leithenhibby
19-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Those 3 are very much on my Christmas card list for life :wink:.

They have given me a moment, a summer, in my life that I shall take to the grave. :gwa:

Scottie
19-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Are you Lee wallace in disguise ?
:duck:

Oscar T Grouch
19-10-2016, 03:32 PM
I wish the three of them all the best, I am sure they'll have a new job soon enough. Hibs legends, all of them :thumbsup: :cup:

Coults1875
19-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Can I get a PM? To see if what I've heard is what this is relation to

Same please! :confused:

greenpaper55
19-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Rotherham looking for their fifth manager since the start of season 15-16 !

CentreLine
19-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Hope that frees him up to be a guest at the AGM next month. Now that would be a fine opportunity to thank him personally but also be something of a departure from tradition for there to be a former coach at an AGM rather than a departing one

Thecat23
19-10-2016, 03:43 PM
And we all thank them for it but even after May I didn't want him as manager as I couldn't see him getting us up at another attempt.

That's fair enough, I think he'd have got us up this season but understand why others wouldn't want him.

Waxy
19-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Jose M wouldn't have kept Rotherham out the bottom six. They will sink to where they belong shortly.

Callum_62

Well I mustve missed something huge then

totally in the dark here

Onion
Stubbs will always be a hero to me, and I'm hugely disappointed for him and Doolan. Delivered the greatest day in my long Hibee life, against all the odds.

Those claiming his time at Hibs was a relative failure because of lack of promotion either have no understanding of the mess that Hibs were in when he took over from the shambles left by Butcher or conveniently dismissing the Sevco challenge. Promotion through the playoff is a massive challenge for any club.

Expect Stubbsy to take some time out, do a bit of TV work, and hope he'll be invited back to Easter Road for a game or two. Always welcome.

sleeping giant
19-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Hope that frees him up to be a guest at the AGM next month. Now that would be a fine opportunity to thank him personally but also be something of a departure from tradition for there to be a former coach at an AGM rather than a departing one

Can't see that happening at all.

It would be slightly undermining Lennon I think.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Gutted for the big guy. This has been done to the death but just because he didn't get us promoted doesn't mean he failed as our manager. He gave many, if not all of us the best footballing moment of our lives. And I felt that for him it was absolutely the right time to leave. A slow start to the season and some fans would have been on his back as usual

I'm sure he'll be back in football soon and when he is, I'll wish him all the best again

R'Albin
19-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Is that four ex Hibs managers sacked in the last 12 months? Mixu, Butcher, Fenlon and Stubbs.

Centre Hawf
19-10-2016, 04:04 PM

Personally feel we would have walked the division under Stubbs this year, no Rangers or Hearts and everyone else seems to have gotten poorer (that some how seems to include us now). Was he perfect? absolutely not, and yes he failed to take us up on two occasions and I was definitely vocal of that after the play off failure this year.

But in hindsight winning the championship first season was a tall order and we lost a play off against Rangers, thats just football. Last year I think the two cup runs made some people take the eye of the ball in the league or burned them out a little. But do you know what? I'll take two cup finals a season and bring one of them home every year if asked.

All just my opinion. I definitely understand the otherside of the argument completely.

Allant1981
19-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Hope you are kidding, he had 2 shots at getting us promoted and failed

NthCarolinaHibs
19-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Is that four ex Hibs managers sacked in the last 12 months? Mixu, Butcher, Fenlon and Stubbs.

Mogga?

greenlex
19-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Hope you are kidding, he had 2 shots at getting us promoted and failed
Nope.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Gutted for him John Doolan and the rest of his staff ...... this was the risk he took and it was a bad one IMO.

The good thing about football management is that its the only job in the world where the folk interviewing you know you have been sacked from your last half dozen positions doing exactly the same job and will still hire you ..... to me Stubbsy is and always will be a Hibs legend and I wish him and John Doolan all the very best and hope they are back in the game sooner rather than later.

iwasthere1972
19-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Stubbs will always be a hero to me, and I'm hugely disappointed for him and Doolan. Delivered the greatest day in my long Hibee life, against all the odds.

Those claiming his time at Hibs was a relative failure because of lack of promotion either have no understanding of the mess that Hibs were in when he took over from the shambles left by Butcher or conveniently dismissing the Sevco challenge. Promotion through the playoff is a massive challenge for any club.

Expect Stubbsy to take some time out, do a bit of TV work, and hope he'll be invited back to Easter Road for a game or two. Always welcome.

:agree:

More ups than downs. Especially May 2016.

Bishop Hibee
19-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Warnock said that he left Rotherham as he knew he wouldn't get the budget to keep them up. Stubbs had no chance. Hibs hero 🏆

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2016, 04:25 PM
He went to Rotherham, what the hell did he expect?

Super_JMcGinn
19-10-2016, 04:29 PM
He went to Rotherham, what the hell did he expect?

I more or less said the same when he left us, what he expected to achieve there was beyond me. He will always be a legend at ER though and I wish him all the very best.

emerald green
19-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Jose M wouldn't have kept Rotherham out the bottom six. They will sink to where they belong shortly.

Jose got the sack from Chelsea. There's one thing certain about being a football coach / manager. You're going to get the sack sooner or later.

neil7908
19-10-2016, 04:38 PM
I don't want to sound vindictive but I wouldn't say I feel sorry for Alan. I thought he was taking a big risk taking the job and felt he was on a hiding to nothing.

I genuinely wish him all the best but don't have much sympathy as IMO he's no one but himself to blame

B.H.F.C
19-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Nope.

We are in a better position to be promoted at this point in time than we were in either of his seasons in charge.

Wilson
19-10-2016, 04:43 PM

We failed to even compete for promotion in what effectively should have been a two horse race. Rangers romped it and they were not and still are not that great a team. Given that promotion was the main goal that is a pretty big deal.

The cup win papered over a lot of cracks. Aim: promotion. Result: failed miserably.

beensaidbefore
19-10-2016, 04:45 PM

Add yogi to that list, albeit slightly different circumstances.

lucky
19-10-2016, 04:49 PM

Nope Stubbs made his choice. He moved on so have we. He's forever a legend but his judgement was way off going to Rotherham

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Shame for him that it didn't work out. Not sure that many folk will be that surprised.

Stantons Angel
19-10-2016, 04:59 PM
I feel really sorry for them especially his assistants who went with him out of loyalty.

For whatever the reason he did leave he has left us with some happy memories and those cant be taken from us.

John and Andy didnt want to go really as they were very happy here and i would have loved them to stay too.

I can only wish them all the very best for the future and hope to see them back at Easter Road as guests sometime soon.

Swedish hibee
19-10-2016, 04:59 PM
So sad for Alan, John & Taff. 🏆

ben johnson
19-10-2016, 05:01 PM
We failed to even compete for promotion in what effectively should have been a two horse race. Rangers romped it and they were not and still are not that great a team. Given that promotion was the main goal that is a pretty big deal.

The cup win papered over a lot of cracks. Aim: promotion. Result: failed miserably.

I think that if we had been given the penalty decision against Falkirk when they were rocking at ER we would have had a great chance against Killie to go up. To say it was a miserable failure is not fair assessment of the cruel and unjust play off game against Falkirk

biotech
19-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Sometimes you've just got to 'roll the dice'. Didn't work for him, but I doubt anyone could be s success of that gig.

Real Emerald
19-10-2016, 05:04 PM
I still don't understand his haste to go to the first club that came calling, especially that one. Wish them all well though.

greenlex
19-10-2016, 05:06 PM
We are in a better position to be promoted at this point in time than we were in either of his seasons in charge.Agreed but no Hearts or Rangers in the road. We should be at the top by a distance by now. Stubbs has experience in this division and knows what it takes. Its not easy.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Better to have tried and failed,he'll be back in the game soon.

emerald green
19-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Presumably AS and his assistants will now be entitled to considerable financial compensation following their dismissals? Or, it might depend on the contracts they signed when they took the job at Rotherham?

Thecat23
19-10-2016, 05:09 PM

Spot on.

KeithTheHibby
19-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Hopefully he won't be out of work for too long, he's a good young manager and would be a shame if that didn't happen.

In saying that his choice of club was horrendous when he could have held on a bit longer and taken a job with a much higher stock than Rotherham.

Real Emerald
19-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Yes, you shouldn't regret what you've done, only regret the things you didn't do. He'll also have learned loads by doing it.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2016, 05:34 PM
You know what ****s me off more than anything reading the threads on their forums? Fans of ****ing Rotherham slagging Scottish football. Rotherham FFS. When it comes to history and heritage they lag miles behind the Dundee clubs never mind Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Same goes for a decent percentage of teams in their money bloated league.

Scottish football isn't in a great place but what a jumped up shower of erseholes. It's bad enough seeing the Facebook pages with guys with locations like Seoul, Lagos and Yamoussoukro slagging Scottish football but when you see English fans of clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs and Preston doing it you have to wonder. Have you lot never heard of Shankly, Ferguson, Bremner, MacKay, Dalglish, Law, McQueen, Souness, Cormack Gemmill and so on. Don't you know anything about the heritage of your game and clubs?

A whole generation of fans who think the game started in 1992 and ****ing Rotherham are a bigger, better club than Hibs. **** them

Galahibby
19-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Or the DVD premiere maybe? :thumbsup:

pacoluna
19-10-2016, 05:35 PM

I fully understand and I am well aware of the mess we were in as well as the challenge Sevco provided, however I still to come to the conclusion he failed domestically out with the SC. The general assumption that those who question AS success at hibs don't fully understand hibs or what they have been through is absolute drivel.

B.H.F.C
19-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Agreed but no Hearts or Rangers in the road. We should be at the top by a distance by now. Stubbs has experience in this division and knows what it takes. Its not easy.

As long as we are clear at the top of the league at the end of the season that's all that matters. On one hand you say we should be well clear but then say it's not easy? What one is it?

As for Stubbs knowing what it takes, he had two goes at it and failed.

Love the guy for winning the cup but some things are best left in the past.

Carheenlea
19-10-2016, 05:41 PM
I couldn`t care less about Rotherham and their future, but I do care about Alan Stubbs, John Doolan and Andy Holden, and wish them nothing but success in the future. They`ll always be winners in Leith.

Heisenberg
19-10-2016, 05:42 PM
You know what ****s me off more than anything reading the thread? Fans of ****ing Rotherham slagging Scottish football. Rotherham FFS. When it comes to history and heritage they lag miles behind the Dundee clubs never mind Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Same goes for a decent percentage of teams in their money bloated league.

Scottish football isn't in a great place but what a jumped up shower of erseholes. It's bad enough seeing the Facebook pages with guys with locations like Seoul, Lagos and Yamoussoukro slagging Scottish football but when you see English fans of clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs and Preston doing it you have to wonder. Have you lot never heard of Shankly, Ferguson, Bremner, MacKay, Dalglish, Law, McQueen, Souness, Cormack Gemmill and so on. Don't you know anything about the heritage of your game and clubs?

A whole generation of fans who think the game started in 1992 and ****ing Rotherham are a bigger, better club than Hibs. **** them

Completely agree. Hibernian are and always will be a bigger and better club than the likes of Rotherham in every aspect except the TV money we receive.

pollution
19-10-2016, 05:42 PM
I think he should return to painting.

familyman
19-10-2016, 05:43 PM
A nice guy ,but sadly management has little room for nice guys.
Best of luck to you in whatever you do next,meantime thanks for the memory:gwa:

iwasthere1972
19-10-2016, 06:03 PM

One post. You won't last long.

lord bunberry
19-10-2016, 06:05 PM
There will always be a pint with his name on it in any pub in leith. Alan Stubbs is and always will be a true hibs legend.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2016, 06:06 PM
You know what ****s me off more than anything reading the threads on their forums? Fans of ****ing Rotherham slagging Scottish football. Rotherham FFS. When it comes to history and heritage they lag miles behind the Dundee clubs never mind Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Same goes for a decent percentage of teams in their money bloated league.

Absolutely f***ing nailed it PB ............... I haven't had a look ( I will ) at their messageboards to see what they are saying, but its not difficult to guess. Rotherham are an afterthought in Yorkshire football, never mind English football and come from a town whose only claim to fame is a child abuse scandal. Stubbsy was no doubt over rated because his achievement at Hibs didn't mean anything coz it was in Scottish football .... missing the obvious fact that it wouldn't have mattered if Stubbs had managed Hibs to a win in the FA cup final, their club was a basket case before he arrived and 5 managers in 2 years proves it. Alex Ferguson would have struggled to turn them around going by the weight of evidence.

seanshow
19-10-2016, 06:07 PM

26th Aug 2015 to 21st Feb 2016
W-W-W-W-W-D-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-D-W-L-W-W-D-W-W-W-D-D-W-W

people have really short memories.

R'Albin
19-10-2016, 06:11 PM
26th Aug 2015 to 21st Feb 2016
W-W-W-W-W-D-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-D-W-L-W-W-D-W-W-W-D-D-W-W

people have really short memories.

And if we had sustained that form we would have won the league - we didn't though. His point still stands.

Also can't multi-quote on my phone but PB's post is a belter.

iwasthere1972
19-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Top post. Really sums it up. Rotherham are your new Accrington Stanley.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2016, 06:18 PM
I don't really care about Stubbs at Rotherham or his coaching team they tried and failed,that's life and they will move on. I do care about what the three of them achueved at Hibs though,for that I will be eternally grateful and would always greet them with affection should I ever meet or hear of them in the same place I am.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2016, 06:19 PM
unlike McNamara at york i take it Rotherham don't need a chief executive then, hope he turns things around at his next club whoever they may be

Pretty Boy
19-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Quite an interesting read from the local Rotherham rag:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-defeat-after-defeat-and-distancing-the-fans-led-to-millers-boss-alan-stubbs-downfall-1-8189965

Onion
19-10-2016, 06:32 PM

2 whole months to think that one up. Worth the wait :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Top post. Really sums it up. Rotherham are your new Accrington Stanley.
[emoji106] But I've been to Rotherham and Accrington. Rotherham is Yorkshires gorgie. Slum, odd smell and as one poster already said sex abuse is a feature.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2016, 06:45 PM

who, ian black ? :confused:

poolman
19-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Dearie me

RoscoHibby
19-10-2016, 06:47 PM
I'll forever be grateful for winning the cup and can kind of see why they left, but as has already been alluded to and I said at the time...Rotherham? Buckin Rotherham? Punching above their weight being bottom six in the championship. Tin pot club from the erse end of no where.

Hell mend them.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2016, 06:51 PM

Great post PB.

loanheadhibby
19-10-2016, 06:55 PM

Totally agree. Very sad for Alan and his team. I'm sure he made his decision for the right reason but unfortunately it's not worked out.

Cup final aside, my personal highlight was semi final win at tynie. We played well and atmosphere was electric. My low was Ross County as we had played really well in the game and did not deserve to lose it in the way we did.

Allant1981
19-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Agreed but no Hearts or Rangers in the road. We should be at the top by a distance by now. Stubbs has experience in this division and knows what it takes. Its not easy.

He knew what it took last season and he failed again to get us promoted

Carheenlea
19-10-2016, 06:59 PM

Who pretty much make up the listenership of TalkSport as well.

Hibs07p
19-10-2016, 07:20 PM

Like painting the the town green I take it.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Sad for Stubbsy who will always be a Hibee legend but hope Rotherham sink without trace this season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

greenlex
19-10-2016, 07:45 PM
He knew what it took last season and he failed again to get us promoted
No denying that. I dont think Lennon has and I think Stubbs would do it at the third time of asking without Rangers, Hearts or as much of a cup distraction. I get it hes not your cup of tea. No need to keep this going.:greengrin

H18 SFR
19-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Any quotes from Stubbs today since he got the bullet?

greenlex
19-10-2016, 07:52 PM
As long as we are clear at the top of the league at the end of the season that's all that matters. On one hand you say we should be well clear but then say it's not easy? What one is it?

As for Stubbs knowing what it takes, he had two goes at it and failed.

Love the guy for winning the cup but some things are best left in the past.
We shoukd be well clear but its not easy. Not as easy as Lennon thought, Sorry for the confusion. See other reply for the rest.

rotherhamrob
19-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Post of the day.
I've had many an argument with the locals down here regarding their **itty little club,some of them genuinely think that with the right manager they could get to the play offs,they're so ****ing deluded as to their standing in football.
Take it from me,they're a **itty little team in a **itty little town and I speak as a resident of Rotherham for over 25 years in fact they're probably the s**ittiest team in Yorkshire let alone Britain.

Scorrie
19-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Post of the day.
I've had many an argument with the locals down here regarding their **itty little club,some of them genuinely think that with the right manager they could get to the play offs,they're so ****ing deluded as to their standing in football.
Take it from me,they're a **itty little team in a **itty little town and I speak as a resident of Rotherham for over 25 years in fact they're probably the s**ittiest team in Yorkshire let alone Britain.

A job for you at the Rotherham Tourist Board surely awaits!

heretoday
19-10-2016, 08:16 PM
That's football, Stubbsy! Take the money and run.

capitals_finest
19-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Post of the day.

This made me chuckle. I love your brutal honesty about the situation.

ACLeith
19-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Post of the day.
Ok if that's the positives what about the negatives? 😱

Dom'sFirstTouch
19-10-2016, 08:34 PM
A real shame for Stubbs, but rather predictable unfortunately. Risky and difficult job to take and he's paid the price.

Will always be a legend for what he achieved here. I'm confident he would have achieved promotion with us this season, but I appear to be in the minority.

ekhibee
19-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I don't know whether he's a nice guy or not, I've never met him, but for getting rid of the cup hoodoo all Hibs fans will be eternally grateful, including me. But I'm sorry, he jumped ship at the first chance, and he was obviously that eager to go he chose a team like Rotherham Utd. The cup final result gave him credibility down south, where, lets face it, he was always going to end up. Harsh as it sounds, IMO he failed to do what he was employed to do, and last season he had even less of an excuse with the quality of players we had, the team that showed they can win the Scottish Cup. So of course I'll go out and buy the dvd, just like thousands of other Hibs fans, I'll never ever forget that day as long as I live. But to those who say he should come back because he would definitely take us up rather than Lennon, well he chose to leave, he wasn't sacked.

eastmainsmsh
19-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Prob end up at Coventry or Shrewsbury

Jonnyboy
19-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Prob end up at Coventry or Shrewsbury

Or maybe not :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37709239

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Quite an interesting read from the local Rotherham rag:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-defeat-after-defeat-and-distancing-the-fans-led-to-millers-boss-alan-stubbs-downfall-1-8189965

An interesting read ....... I don't have a lot of criticism for the article in general, I presume the author is just giving his angle on the situation as he saw it. A few of his observations regarding the Rotherham Stubbs certainly don't stack up against the Hibs Stubbs, in two seasons you could count on the fingers of one hand the times he even came close to publicly criticising his players and he was usually quick to acknowledge the supporters.

Perhaps the Rotherham players were a lot slower on the uptake than ours and he found that frustrating, perhaps the Rotherham fans at Brighton would have thrown stuff at him if he had 'walked half the length of the pitch' to acknowledge them after a disappointing result., perhaps he wasn't looking ecstatic at Hampden because he knew he was leaving Hibs.

The only bit I thought was nonsense in the article was the suggestion that Stubbs was under any illusions of the task that faced him at Rotherham or that he was unaware of the arduous nature of the English championship ... he comes from Liverpool not Latvia.

3pm
19-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Or maybe not :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37709239

I read that earlier. Will be interesting to see how it works out. AA is rarely mentioned, either good or bad.

Itsnoteasy
19-10-2016, 11:31 PM

Shhh Your not allowed to mention these rumours.

G B Young
20-10-2016, 08:46 AM
It's a familiar pattern in England these days for a lot of guys who've done relatively well as players or managers in Scotland. Davie Weir, Jackie McNamara, Steven Pressley, Stubbsy...I'll exclude Terry Butcher from that list.

Whatever went wrong at Rotherham for Stubbs, I think some on here are too critical of his time at Hibs and the failure to gain promotion. Is anyone seriously suggesting they'd have swapped the Scottish Cup win for promotion?

To have become the first Hibs manager in 114 years to lead the club to the Scottish Cup is the greatest single managerial achievement since the title wins of the 1950s. Of course it should never have taken 114 years, but as the years went by the pressure heaped upon successive Hibs sides and their managers to end the hoodoo became a far greater obstacle to overcome than the physical achievement of winning five games. And he did it the hard way too. Turning around a 2-0 deficit v Hearts, winning at Inverness, standing strong in a semi-final shoot-out and beating The Rangers in the final. If not commemorated with a statue, Stubbs should for ever figure at the fore of any pictorial tribute at the stadium to the club's greatest servants.

Criticism of his overall performance at Hibs is also, for me, too harsh. First season he inherited a shambles of a squad with barely enough players to put a team on the park. However, he succeeded in finishing second, above Rangers. Second season we hit a grim patch at a crucial time but we had spread ourselves very thin by competing on three fronts and for me it goes down as a great season because of the eventual outcome. Even in the play-offs we were undone by some truly dismal refereeing decisions. By and large he gave the club back its pride and I'd have been happy enough to see him carry on but I can understand why he thought Rotherham might be the right sort of club at which to build a career in England. It hasn't worked out that way but I wish him all the best.

JimBHibees
20-10-2016, 08:50 AM
It's a familiar pattern in England these days for a lot of guys who've done relatively well as players or managers in Scotland. Davie Weir, Jackie McNamara, Steven Pressley, Stubbsy...I'll exclude Terry Butcher from that list.

Whatever went wrong at Rotherham for Stubbs, I think some on here are too critical of his time at Hibs and the failure to gain promotion. Is anyone seriously suggesting they'd have swapped the Scottish Cup win for promotion?

To have become the first Hibs manager in 114 years to lead the club to the Scottish Cup is the greatest single managerial achievement since the title wins of the 1950s. Of course it should never have taken 114 years, but as the years went by the pressure heaped upon successive Hibs sides and their managers to end the hoodoo became a far greater obstacle to overcome than the physical achievement of winning five games. And he did it the hard way too. Turning around a 2-0 deficit v Hearts, winning at Inverness, standing strong in a semi-final shoot-out and beating The Rangers in the final. If not commemorated with a statue, Stubbs should for ever figure at the fore of any pictorial tribute at the stadium to the club's greatest servants.

Criticism of his overall performance at Hibs is also, for me, too harsh. First season he inherited a shambles of a squad with barely enough players to put a team on the park. However, he succeeded in finishing second, above Rangers. Second season we hit a grim patch at a crucial time but we had spread ourselves very thin by competing on three fronts and for me it goes down as a great season because of the eventual outcome. Even in the play-offs we were undone by some truly dismal refereeing decisions. By and large he gave the club back its pride and I'd have been happy enough to see him carry on but I can understand why he thought Rotherham might be the right sort of club at which to build a career in England. It hasn't worked out that way but I wish him all the best.

Good summation. Agree totally.

Colr
20-10-2016, 09:08 AM
I don't know whether he's a nice guy or not, I've never met him, but for getting rid of the cup hoodoo all Hibs fans will be eternally grateful, including me. But I'm sorry, he jumped ship at the first chance, and he was obviously that eager to go he chose a team like Rotherham Utd. The cup final result gave him credibility down south, where, lets face it, he was always going to end up. Harsh as it sounds, IMO he failed to do what he was employed to do, and last season he had even less of an excuse with the quality of players we had, the team that showed they can win the Scottish Cup. So of course I'll go out and buy the dvd, just like thousands of other Hibs fans, I'll never ever forget that day as long as I live. But to those who say he should come back because he would definitely take us up rather than Lennon, well he chose to leave, he wasn't sacked.

And on top of that he wore a cardigan with a suit!!

calumhibee1
20-10-2016, 09:28 AM

Agree with all of that.

ekhibee
20-10-2016, 10:56 AM

Well I'm sorry (again), but unlike you I can't understand why he thought Rotherham would be the type of club that would progress his career, particularly with their track record as regards managers. Whether people like it or not, he did leave of his own accord. There were a lot of people on here, and I certainly wasn't one of them, who before the cup final were highly critical of his inability to change games, leaving substitutions far too late, all stuff like that. We won the Scottish Cup, and the importance of that to any Hibs fan should never be underestimated at any time, and it would be unfair to say all the blame lies at Stubbs' door for some of our performances against teams like Dumbarton, Morton or Falkirk. But, purely in my opinion, it was a great cup run and a great cup final result which none of us will ever forget, but in the league we under-achieved, again, so to say it was a great season is stretching it a bit. All about opinions of course, and there's a lot of what you say that I totally agree with as well.

Smartie
20-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Stubbs is still relatively speaking a rookie, he's only had 2 jobs and been the main man for little over 2 years.

There were aspects of his times at Hibs that showed a willingness to progress and learn from his mistakes, there were times when he seemed far too stubborn.

I hope he learns from this - this was an awful career decision and it appears that he also made some questionable decisions prior to leaving Hibs.

He won us the cup. I repeat, he won us the cup, and it is amazing how easy it is for some to denigrate that achievement. He gave us all what will undeniably be one of the best days of our lives and it beggars belief that anyone wouldn't show sincere gratitude for that, or somehow grudge the appreciation due to our failure in the league. And there were serious mitigating factors in both of our league campaigns.

It is easy to forget where we were were post-Butcher, tbh most of us have been trying as hard as we can to forget exactly how grim was the era that ended with Butcher's departure and Stubbs' arrival. But try to remember where Stubbs found us, and where he left us in just 2 short years.

I hope he gets back on track because for all he has his faults and made his mistakes I'm sure that in years to come we'll look favourably upon the fact that his achievements at our club as manager blow most of his predecessors' out of the water.

G B Young
20-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Well I'm sorry (again), but unlike you I can't understand why he thought Rotherham would be the type of club that would progress his career, particularly with their track record as regards managers. Whether people like it or not, he did leave of his own accord. There were a lot of people on here, and I certainly wasn't one of them, who before the cup final were highly critical of his inability to change games, leaving substitutions far too late, all stuff like that. We won the Scottish Cup, and the importance of that to any Hibs fan should never be underestimated at any time, and it would be unfair to say all the blame lies at Stubbs' door for some of our performances against teams like Dumbarton, Morton or Falkirk. But, purely in my opinion, it was a great cup run and a great cup final result which none of us will ever forget, but in the league we under-achieved, again, so to say it was a great season is stretching it a bit. All about opinions of course, and there's a lot of what you say that I totally agree with as well.

I know next to nothing about Rotherham but even if they're renowned for a hire and fire managerial policy I'd imagine Stubbs was quietly confident that if Leicester can win the Premier League then he'd be capable of ensuring a solid mid-table finish for Rotherham in his first season, with a play-off spot perhaps not out of the question. If he were to have followed that up with a play-off spot the following season he'd be putting himself in the shop window for bigger English clubs. Clearly it's a move that's failed to work out for him but I'm just speculating that he would have seen the move as a sideways step in order to take a more significant step in future.

You must have high expectations of Hibs if you feel it's stretching it to say last season was a great one. Perhaps if we'd toiled all season in the league and failed to get past the early stages of the League Cup you could have argued the Scottish Cup win masked the team's general mediocrity, but if we'd been told at the start of last season that we'd reach both cup finals, secure a play-off spot and win the Scottish Cup I can't imagine anyone not being happy with that. To reach both cup finals as a Championship side is a unique achievement that probably won't ever be repeated and as I've already said I do believe in hindsight that our league form took a dip as we ended up playing so many games on three fronts.

We can all argue about where Hibs 'should' be in the grand scheme of Scottish football ie top four and regularly challenging for the cups, but with the exception of a couple of good spells under McLeish and Mowbray we've never achieved that consistency since the 1970s. In that respect last season must, I feel, go down as a great one. At no stage did I feel the players weren't giving it their all, unlike in 2007 when I felt that what should have been a great season turned out only to be a good one. On that occasion the player revolt following the League Cup win cost us what should have been an easily winnable Scottish Cup semi-final v the Pars and saw our league form slip badly in the second half of the season. Hibs under Stubbs were a happy club and I'm grateful for that after years of disharmony.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2016, 01:00 PM

In my 40 odd years following Hibs as an active supporter I cant remember as mental a season as 15 / 16 ..... 3 trips to Hampden and a semi ( no pun intended :greengrin ) at Tynecastle. If you forget about your commitment as a supporter and just look at the entertainment value I cant think of a single season to beat it.

If our performance in the League cup final had resulted in the outcome it deserved we would be including silver polish in this years accounts as a significant club outlay .... this game in all of Stubbsy's time at Hibs cost him dear and perhaps reflected his inexperience in management. If instead of throwing caution to the wind and going for it in the last 10 minutes we had played a bit more cautiously and taken the game into extra time I'm convinced we would be sitting with two cups in the trophy cabinet.

As far as I am aware no manager outside of the Ugly sisters has ever won the Scottish cup and League cup in the same season, not even Alex Ferguson. Its a fact that winning the cup made Stubbs a Hibs legend ..... he was one result away from becoming a Scottish football legend. Not bad going for a guy in his first shot at management.

Frazerbob
20-10-2016, 01:14 PM

To be fair, had the two rescinded red cards not happened we very well might be a few points clear.

southsider
20-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Bringing on Hendo was the masterstroke that helped win us the cup. Boy did he deliver. Met AS at the training ground when he first came to Hibs and I was greatly impressed with his plans for our club. Welcome at ER anytime and would be brilliant if he could attend the DVD Premier.

Enough said
20-10-2016, 01:22 PM
And will continue to be.

The RUMOURS are true though so We are only speaking the truth

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2016, 01:43 PM

Someone else that thinks they know the ins and outs of peoples personal lives. Why even raise it? There's plenty stories over the years on here that if they get repeated enough become the truth. Chinese whispers, and people should maybe have a wee bit more respect and remember its peoples life's that they are tittle tattling about.

Enough said
20-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Common knowledge bud I live in London now and even I know what was going on well before Xmas may I add

matty_f
20-10-2016, 02:18 PM

How do you know it's true, just out of curiosity?

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Because a mate of a mate of a mate knows a cleaner who told them :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
20-10-2016, 02:22 PM
In lieu of a donation to Hibs this year I think .net needs to invest in a water cooler for all the gossips and sweetie wives to congregate around.

Enough said
20-10-2016, 02:24 PM

By the response on the hibs.net over this and the last 3 months more than just myself know , for some reason people don't want to talk about it.

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2016, 02:26 PM
By the response on the hibs.net over this and the last 3 months more than just myself know , for some reason people don't want to talk about it.

For some reason??? Are you for real? Is it not blindingly obvious why people don't want to discuss unsubstantiated rumours about peoples private lives? How would you like it if it was a member of your family that people were gossiping about?

Since90+2
20-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Anybody who posts the rumour on here needs to take a look at themselves. As others have mentioned its involving other peoples private lives and nobody on here can be certain of any facts.

Stubbs is a Hibs legend and always will be. Give the man some respect.

CropleyWasGod
20-10-2016, 02:37 PM

Do you realise that, if anyone was to get legal here, it would be the site that suffered? Not you, or any other poster. :wink:

Brightside
20-10-2016, 02:39 PM

Its a total fabrication.

marinello59
20-10-2016, 02:51 PM

We have never allowed unsubstantiated rumour on here. if you are more concerned with spreading malicious gossip than discussing the team we support then you are on the wrong site. Drop it or find another site.

G B Young
20-10-2016, 06:08 PM
In my 40 odd years following Hibs as an active supporter I cant remember as mental a season as 15 / 16 ..... 3 trips to Hampden and a semi ( no pun intended :greengrin ) at Tynecastle. If you forget about your commitment as a supporter and just look at the entertainment value I cant think of a single season to beat it.

If our performance in the League cup final had resulted in the outcome it deserved we would be including silver polish in this years accounts as a significant club outlay .... this game in all of Stubbsy's time at Hibs cost him dear and perhaps reflected his inexperience in management. If instead of throwing caution to the wind and going for it in the last 10 minutes we had played a bit more cautiously and taken the game into extra time I'm convinced we would be sitting with two cups in the trophy cabinet.

As far as I am aware no manager outside of the Ugly sisters has ever won the Scottish cup and League cup in the same season, not even Alex Ferguson. Its a fact that winning the cup made Stubbs a Hibs legend ..... he was one result away from becoming a Scottish football legend. Not bad going for a guy in his first shot at management.

Ferguson won both cups in season 1985/86, beating Hibs in the League Cup final and Hearts in the Scottish Cup final. Aberdeen repeated that feat (under Alex Smith and Jocky Scott) in 1989/90, beating Rangers and Celtic respectively.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Ferguson won both cups in season 1985/86, beating Hibs in the League Cup final and Hearts in the Scottish Cup final. Aberdeen repeated that feat (under Alex Smith and Jocky Scott) in 1989/90, beating Rangers and Celtic respectively.

Wonder if the Dons fans regret the protests and "Smithy must go!" chants - started the revolving exit/entrance door...

Swedish hibee
20-10-2016, 09:59 PM
I've read more absolute nonsense on this thread than any other since I joined this forum.

Northernhibee
21-10-2016, 12:59 AM
If it's true that little ******** Scott Allan gave less than 100% for Stubbsy at Rotherham after rescuing his career then I can't wish him enough ill luck in the rest of his footballing career. Hate the little trouble making ****wit as much as any other footballer I can think after disrupting our promotion attempt last season and half arsing his way through his time at Rotherham. **** him.

HappyHanlon
21-10-2016, 01:40 AM
The rumours are true and sadly AS was leaving at the end of season regardless of SC win.

Guys a ****in legend, should be a statue imo. Yeah it never worked out for him at Rotherham but hey, Rotherham are gash. Even Pep or Jose couldn't do anything with them. Tin pot club with farmers as fans.

Forza Fred
21-10-2016, 02:53 AM
The rumours are true and sadly AS was leaving at the end of season regardless of SC win.

Guys a ****in legend, should be a statue imo. Yeah it never worked out for him at Rotherham but hey, Rotherham are gash. Even Pep or Jose couldn't do anything with them. Tin pot club with farmers as fans.

What's wrong wi farmers like?

NAE NOOKIE
21-10-2016, 06:41 AM

Oops ... I stand corrected mate, even more embarrassing that I checked the Aberdeen official page before I posted, I was either half asleep or drunk when I wrote that ..... either one is eminently possible :greengrin

Wilson
21-10-2016, 12:18 PM
I see Kenny Jackett got that job.

Could be a good appointment to be fair.

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2016, 12:26 PM

His coat is already on a shoogly peg.

I'll get my jacket.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2016, 09:53 AM

Maybe the sort of appointment that they should have looked at to begin with.

WestCoastHibby
22-10-2016, 10:41 AM
The Scottish Cup Final win was something I genuinely thought was never going to happen, and I am eternally grateful to Stubbs and team for delivering. However talk of them coming back is tosh. They chose to bale on us after failing twice to deliver promotion. Rotherham is a complete crap hole and I'm sure money was a motivation and I'm sure a big pay off will sweeten the blow. Talk of Mobrey?? Get a grip, he ran out on us too. Lennon , should do the trick but if he doesn't we don't need to go backwards. Stubbs heart wasn't in it at the end, it was plain to see.