18-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Remember how gash they were?

Clayton Donaldson and Jonathan Grounds?

Currently 5th in English Championship!!

And just pumped stubbsys Rotherham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
18-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Shrewsbury on the other hand are performing exactly as badly as a team containing ryan mcgivern and ian black should.

3pm
18-10-2016, 08:55 PM
And just pumped stubbsys Rotherham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubbs getting a hard time. Type his name into Twitter!

BoomtownHibees
18-10-2016, 08:58 PM

Can't have long left

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2016, 09:07 PM
When he joined them i said xmas, it will be before that now. Rotherham just can't compete with 99% of the clubs in that league, and cast offs from celtic and reserves from other clubs are not good enough.

I dont know what possessed him to take that job, he was on a loser right from the start. :confused:

familyman
18-10-2016, 09:21 PM
When he joined them i said xmas, it will be before that now. Rotherham just can't compete with 99% of the clubs in that league, and cast offs from celtic and reserves from other clubs are not good enough.

I dont know what possessed him to take that job, he was on a loser right from the start. :confused:
He left too soon and had unfinished business here...we thank him for the cup of course we do,but apart from family issues I cannot see what Rotherham have to offer at all for him and his team..ah well we move on...

beensaidbefore
18-10-2016, 09:45 PM
He left too soon and had unfinished business here...we thank him for the cup of course we do,but apart from family issues I cannot see what Rotherham have to offer at all for him and his team..ah well we move on...

I kinda disagree. I think he knew he was on a shoogly peg before the cup final and ran when the going was good and his stock was high.

Rotherham seemed a silly move at the time and seems to be an even more silly move now. Hopefully he turns it round, can't see it though.

Lago
18-10-2016, 09:53 PM
And Scott Allan on the bench yet again.

Forza Fred
18-10-2016, 09:56 PM

The match report I read basically said that Birmingham were far from their best and their goals came from defensive blunders.

Stubbsie has been unable to attract players who could have made a difference,with several of his signings not starting most games.

He took a chance in going to Rotherham,and unfortunately for him,it hasn't worked out.

Problem is..he doesn't seem to be able todo anything to turn the appalling run of results around,and if he loses this coming Saturday when they are at home...then surely that will be him get his jotters.

lucky
18-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Rotherham was a gamble for him. If he'd pulled it off he'd get a bigger and better job. Now he looks like its league 2 to rebuild if his career if and when it goes pop at Rotherham. Still a legend though

Eyrie
18-10-2016, 10:04 PM
It was the right time for Stubbs to move on, but he chose the wrong club to go to.

Forza Fred
18-10-2016, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;4839957]Rotherham was a gamble for him. If he'd pulled it off he'd get a bigger and better job. Now he looks like its league 2 to rebuild if his career if and when it goes pop at Rotherham. Still a legend though[/QUOTE

Yep, don't wish him harm in any way, and hope he goes on to better days.

Having said that, not upset that he moved on when he did, think the timing was right for both us and him, although it has turned out his choice of club has turned out not to be a winning gamble.

calumhibee1
18-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Said since the day he left that it was about as bad a move as he could have possibly made. Difficult game this weekend for him at home against Reading then they're back on the road again which will probably, judging by current form, signal 8 defeats in a row and him being sacked. A legend for bringing us the cup however I feel that for him on a personal level his 2 years at Hibs and the reputation he built up will have been totally undone by the end of October and as someone else said he will be looking at League 2/crappy wee SPL club and crowds of 2000 for his next gig.

KeithTheHibby
18-10-2016, 10:52 PM

This. Horrendous choice of club.

Itsnoteasy
18-10-2016, 11:30 PM

Remember it was only a pre season friendly.

calumhibee1
19-10-2016, 06:33 AM

While I would agree with that they had 7 of the 11 that played last night playing against us. We had one who has started about half our games this season in keatings playing, the rest were young/fringe players. That league is nowhere near as good as it's made out to be and I'd say if we were dropped in it with our current squad we'd finish comfortably away from relegation in about 14th or so.

James70
19-10-2016, 06:52 AM

I would not have described Clayton Donaldson as gash.

Hibby Bairn
19-10-2016, 07:12 AM
I would not have described Clayton Donaldson as gash.

Gash is exactly how I remember him. Good sprinter though.

J-C
19-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Stubbs didn't have a great deal of choice, he was leaving whatever happened in the cup final, he took the 1st club to come in for him. Rotherham had the offer of being a club a lot closer to his family home, that's all I'll say on this matter.

And Scott Allan on the bench yet again.

This says it all about this guy, horrendous attitude problem but on his day is a superb midfielder, he'll spend the majority of his career getting splinters sitting on benches.

Keith_M
19-10-2016, 07:47 AM
Rotherham are punching way above their weight and surely the most likely event was always that they go straight down, back to somewhere that's more their level.

Strange as it might sound, I don't think sacking the manager is the logical thing to do, as I don't see how anybody else could do better with the budget they have and the size of the clubs they're competing against.

Green Man
19-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Rotherham are punching way above their weight and surely the most likely event was always that they go straight down, back to somewhere that's more their level.

Strange as it might sound, I don't think sacking the manager is the logical thing to do, as I don't see how anybody else could do better with the budget they have and the size of the clubs they're competing against.

I agree, they were always going to be favourites to go down no matter who was in charge. I don't see that bringing in a new manager would give them any better chance of staying up.

calumhibee1
19-10-2016, 09:10 AM
I agree, they were always going to be favourites to go down no matter who was in charge. I don't see that bringing in a new manager would give them any better chance of staying up.

While I don't think a new manager would keep them up, especially from their current position I do think there would be managers more capable of making a fight of it. I don't think Stubbs management style is suited to relegation dog fights.

Leitherhibs
19-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Stubbs will be gone by xmas, terrible career choice from him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Donaldson is naewhere near as bad as some on here make him out to be.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Yes, but a week before their league season was due to start. City played practically a full strength team and Hibs played a team that most would consider to be well under strength for a league game, on paper a club the size of Birmingham should have stuffed us that day, as it was they were lucky to get away with a 1 - 0 defeat. From what I watched that day I wouldn't have given them a snowball's chance in hell of avoiding a relegation dogfight if the English championship is as tough as they say it is.

Its pretty obvious that their manager has done a pretty good job of kicking some ***** and getting them to play a lot better, good for him. But it probably also shows that A) You don't turn up at a game, friendly or not, with the poor attitude a lot of their guys showed against Hibs .... and B) The English championship probably isn't the scary monster a lot of folk on here seem to think it is.

Michael
19-10-2016, 11:25 AM

On the rare occasion that someone played a ball to his feet he looked pretty good. Players and management had no idea how to use him though.

SonOfDavidFrancey
19-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Saw Doherty playing left back for Wolves last night. played reasonably well. Amazingly.

jacomo
19-10-2016, 01:35 PM

And he went on to have a good career after leaving us, despite people wanting to mock him.

I think Mixu just didn't fancy him, and that was that.

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Saw Doherty playing left back for Wolves last night. played reasonably well. Amazingly.Played well for us apart from the final. One of Wolves best players.