PDA

View Full Version : McGinn, Scotland or Hibs!

Big L
18-10-2016, 05:43 PM
McGinn says he's prepared to dash back from the Scotland V England game which is being played on Fri 11th to play for Hibs against Falkirk Sat 12th. His loyalties lie with Hibs as far as I'm concerned and he should withdraw, specifically as he is highly unlikely to play.

007 Mickey Weir
18-10-2016, 05:51 PM
He will go to Scotland game if picked. It's a huge game.

adhibs
18-10-2016, 05:56 PM
no problem with him choosing the scotland game in this instance. far too big an opportunity to miss out on

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2016, 06:01 PM
McGinn says he's prepared to dash back from the Scotland V England game which is being played on Fri 11th to play for Hibs against Falkirk Sat 12th. His loyalties lie with Hibs as far as I'm concerned and he should withdraw, specifically as he is highly unlikely to play.

What's the problem with JM going to England, then flying back....He is hardly going to be jet lagged:confused:

HoboHarry
18-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Not really sure what the point of this thread is. Why in the world would he not want to be involved in a game against England? In any case - would he be allowed to play Saturday if he withdrew from the squad?

hibeemikey21
18-10-2016, 06:10 PM
no problem with him choosing the scotland game in this instance. far too big an opportunity to miss out on

Is the correct answer. Utter madness to suggest otherwise.

barcahibs
18-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Absolutely no way he should be wasting his time messing about with the international squad (or any non-Hibs sporting activity) that close to a club game.

Time for a wee thigh strain in the run up I think. Let's face it a rantic player would be expected to pull out, so should Mcginn, shouldn't even need to think about it.

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2016, 06:17 PM
What this tells me is that he is an incredibly dedicated football player who is willing to give his all for both club and country, what a brilliant attitude to have.

As for putting Hibs before Scotland, why on earth would he do that, like any player he has to have ambitions to improve his standing in the game and also the earnings which go with that .... the guy already owns Hampden, why would he want to miss out on a chance to play at Wembley, no matter how slim the chances are of him making the starting 11.

We are lucky to have a player like John McGinn.

R'Albin
18-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Can see him coming on as a sub in both games. If he only plays half an hour or so on Friday then he could easily do the same the next day IMO.

Jamesconnolly
18-10-2016, 06:27 PM
What this tells me is that he is an incredibly dedicated football player who is willing to give his all for both club and country, what a brilliant attitude to have.

As for putting Hibs before Scotland, why on earth would he do that, like any player he has to have ambitions to improve his standing in the game and also the earnings which go with that .... the guy already owns Hampden, why would he want to miss out on a chance to play at Wembley, no matter how slim the chances are of him making the starting 11.

Very true unusual in the modern game. Have you found a pub for Saturday yet?

greenlex
18-10-2016, 06:30 PM
If his form at Hibs doesn't pick up he might not be a miss.

silverhibee
18-10-2016, 06:31 PM
If he is fit he will be with the Scotland squad, I doubt he will be included for Hibs the next day in the 1st eleven, might make the bench for Hibs.

Vini1875
18-10-2016, 06:37 PM
I would always say Hibs first, but even for me to expect a Scottish player to miss out on a game v England is pathetic. No need to dash back John, enjoy your day out.

Big L
18-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Falkirk and Dun Utd appear to be our closest rivals for the league, we need everyone ready for the game on the 12th Nov, not jumping of a plane on a Sat morning for a kick off at 3.0. On top of that, he has only made one appearance and IMO has very little chance of getting on against the English. He should do the right thing and concentrate on playing for Hibs.

Mr White
18-10-2016, 06:43 PM
, he has only made one appearance

He got his second cap last week. You really need to start checking your stats before posting them as fact :greengrin

danhibees1875
18-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Mentioned this the other week. Scotland games clash with this Falkirk game and also one in march time.

If he is only used as a sub (even half an hour) - he should still be able to play up to the whole game I'd reckon. Although, a sub appearance would be fine.

Has this ever happened before?

semaj64
18-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Hibs have the rest of the season to win. A chance to play against England on their turf especially when they are not very good does not come around that often, who would not want that chance

Big L
18-10-2016, 07:07 PM
He got his second cap last week. You really need to start checking your stats before posting them as fact :greengrin

The point I'm making is he is not a first pick and therfore he is more valuable to us than he is for Scotland. If he doesn't play for Hibs and Falkirk turn us over, I think a lot of Hibs fans will be very pissed off!!

sleeping giant
18-10-2016, 07:11 PM
How come our match is not postponed as we have a player included in the Scotland squad ?

Mr White
18-10-2016, 07:14 PM
The point I'm making is he is not a first pick and therfore he is more valuable to us than he is for Scotland. If he doesn't play for Hibs and Falkirk turn us over, I think a lot of Hibs fans will be very pissed off!!

I get that but given he came on as a sub in Scotlands last game, hes hardly out of contention for the next. If you're going to use stats to back your point then it's somewhat counter-productive when you get them wrong imo. Even more so when it's a regular occurrence.

danhibees1875
18-10-2016, 07:15 PM
How come our match is not postponed as we have a player included in the Scotland squad ?

You need 3 involved.

So unless rocky and Cummings (u21s) are also called up it won't matter.

sleeping giant
18-10-2016, 07:18 PM
You need 3 involved.

So unless rocky and Cummings (u21s) are also called up it won't matter.

Cheers.
Didn't know that.

Billy Whizz
18-10-2016, 07:18 PM
McGinn probably unlikely to start, but could feature for Scotland at some stage. As the national team line up won't be announced until just before KO, how can Hibs plan to have him in the team?
Lennon will work on team without McGinn, and if we're fortunate to have him on the bench v Falkirk, that's a bonus

Think the Falkirk goalie is possibly away with ROI, so he's unlikely to play either

Big L
18-10-2016, 07:39 PM
I get that but given he came on as a sub in Scotlands last game, hes hardly out of contention for the next. If you're going to use stats to back your point then it's somewhat counter-productive when you get them wrong imo. Even more so when it's a regular occurrence.

Garbage comment!

Brightside
18-10-2016, 07:43 PM

I'd pull him out the squad injured.

rubber mal
18-10-2016, 07:49 PM

:top marks

Mr White
18-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Garbage comment!

No its not and I have some actual evidence to back it up.

. 2 points out of the last 12 says it all!

Wrong it was 2 from 9 or 5 from 12 at that point.

The first chance he got to really manage, which was at Bolton he absolutely blew it, they are going really well now though!

This was posted on the day that bolton scored their first goal in 5 games. It was an own goal. Granted they had a good start... but then so did we. If you're going to post pish be prepared to be pulled up for it Big L.

J-C
18-10-2016, 07:54 PM
He'll go as part of the squad but will sit on the bench, if he plays at all it will be maybe last 10 mins, no problem for saturday.

Big L
18-10-2016, 07:56 PM
It was 2 draws in the last 4 games and I stand by my post"Bolton were going well " a hell of a lot better than they did when Lennon had them.

BoomtownHibees
18-10-2016, 08:00 PM
I'd pull him out the squad injured.

Is there no a rule that would stop him playing if he pulled out?

Plus I think it would be crazy for him to give up the chance of playing for Scotland against England and something he won't do IMO

Bostonhibby
18-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Hibs, hibs then hibs again, we have potentially achievable targets this year. Scotland aren't going anywhere fast and the manager's team selections don't tell me he deserves any priority over hibs when it comes to first pick here.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
18-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Duplicate

JimBHibees
18-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Sounds like a very dedicated thing to do. Never a negative that is for sure.

Mr White
18-10-2016, 08:09 PM
It was 2 draws in the last 4 games and I stand by my post"Bolton were going well " a hell of a lot better than they did when Lennon had them.

One was a cup game so no points. You said "bolton are going well" which wasn't the case. Mcginn got his second cap last week.

As i said before, if you're going to use stats to back your opinion, it doesn't lend your opinion much weight when you consistently get easily verifiable stats wrong.

Not to mention your username makes them stand out like a sore extended index finger and thumb :aok:

Big L
18-10-2016, 08:19 PM
one was a cup game so no points. You said "bolton are going well" which wasn't the case. Mcginn got his second cap last week.

As i said before, if you're going to use stats to back your opinion, it doesn't lend your opinion much weight when you consistently get easily verifiable stats wrong.

Not to mention your username makes them stand out like a sore extended index finger and thumb :aok:

zzzzzzz zzzzzzz!

Mr White
18-10-2016, 08:22 PM
zzzzzzz zzzzzzz!

You should Google that to check you've got it right this time.

Lancs Harp
18-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Hibs no brainer

But then I'm English!!

:greengrin

Highland_Hibee
18-10-2016, 08:27 PM
At our level we are very lucky to have a player who has played in three domestic finals, won two of them and been in the Scotland squad all by age 22. Lads got ambition and yet still has his feet firmly on the ground. We should do everything we can to encourage him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2016, 08:31 PM
He will go to Scotland game if picked. It's a huge game.

No its not a huge game. We forfeited the right to call it that when we picked up one point from six against supposedly inferior opposition. It's a glorified friendly in prep for the next Euros.

Diclonius
18-10-2016, 08:34 PM
No its not a huge game. We forfeited the right to call it that when we picked up one point from six against supposedly inferior opposition. It's a glorified friendly in prep for the next Euros.

Hearts v Hibs at the end of the season with nothing to play for wouldn't be a glorified friendly, and neither is this. It's England v Scotland.

Big L
18-10-2016, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Big L;4839898]zzzzzzz zzzzzzz![/QUOTE

Bolton still going well 2-0 up away at Millwall 2nite!

West lower
18-10-2016, 08:37 PM

See when you were a kid kicking a ball around, if someone said you could play against Falkirk at Easter Road in a league match, or play at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier for Scotland, what would your answer have been ? We should get behind the lad on his big day if he plays, because it might be the biggest match of his life. ( with the exception of one day in May of course :-) )

Mr White
18-10-2016, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=Big L;4839898]zzzzzzz zzzzzzz![/QUOTE

Bolton still going well 2-0 up away at Millwall 2nite!

Yes since your comment on 8th october they have picked up. It doesn't change the fact they were on a 5 match stinker (in the league below) when you were holding them up as a shining example of success.

Big L
18-10-2016, 08:40 PM
See when you were a kid kicking a ball around, if someone said you could play against Falkirk at Easter Road in a league match, or play at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier for Scotland, what would your answer have been ? We should get behind the lad on his big day if he plays, because it might be the biggest match of his life. ( with the exception of one day in May of course :-) )

Hibs first last and always!!

Billy Whizz
18-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Thread is turning into a farce

B.H.F.C
18-10-2016, 08:51 PM

This for me. Hibs are more important to me than the Scottish national team. But to a professional footballer, play against Falkirk in the Scottish Championship or potentially play against England at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier? It's an absolute no brainer. People need to take the tinted glasses off.

And as for us pulling him out injured. How would that work when he turns round and say 'naw I'm no'?

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I would not say a word against a player who has the chance to play in a competitive game against England at Wembley. On current form though I don't see him getting a game.

RoYO!
18-10-2016, 08:56 PM
When he goes down there, runs the show and adds a zero onto his price tag?! This is SJM we're talking about here! Enjoy the game!

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2016, 09:00 PM
When he goes down there, runs the show and adds a zero onto his price tag?! This is SJM we're talking about here! Enjoy the game!

I hope you are right, but the lad has not run a game in the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba for quite a while. In his current form, i'm not sure we will miss him much. :boo hoo:

silverhibee
18-10-2016, 09:25 PM
I hope you are right, but the lad has not run a game in the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba for quite a while. In his current form, i'm not sure we will miss him much. :boo hoo:

If his game doesn't pick up with Hibs then there could be the possibility that he might not even get picked for the Scotland squad.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Folk actually suggesting he passes up the chance to play for Scotland at Wembley [emoji849] This place is mental at times.

barcahibs
18-10-2016, 09:54 PM
I support Hibs, not John McGinn though. Yeah of course I love the guy while he's playing for us, but that's it. I don't give two figs how much he might have dreamt of playing against England when he was a wee boy or how he's always wanted to run out at Wembley.

I care about Hibs winning football matches and getting out of this division. Is that goal helped by one of our better players playing a game for another team 24 hours before he's due to play for us?

Hibs pay his wages, Hibs come first. This idea that clubs drop everything for international football is a total nonsense - if they want our player to play for them then our game should be cancelled (better yet their game should be played outwith the club season) - and he better be insured up to the eyeballs on their dime as well in case of injury. Do we get any sort of payment for them borrowing our player?

Long past time where international football was reduced to an u21 (and maybe over 33) sport to prevent this sort of thing.

It's even more annoying when you know this conversation wouldn't even be taking place were he a rantic player. The clash just wouldn't be allowed, and if it was he would be conveniently injured on the day.

Made worse by the fact I'm hearing whispers that Jason Cummings is being called up for the Scotland Monopoly squad, big game against England to decide who wins the famous Silver Scotty Dug trophy this weekend.

Mr White
18-10-2016, 10:02 PM
It's even more annoying when you know this conversation wouldn't even be taking place were he a rantic player. The clash just wouldn't be allowed, and if it was he would be conveniently injured on the day.

It wouldn't be an issue for us either if we were in the premiership. It's a side effect of being a lower league team but having a player judged good enough for the national squad.

Unseen work
18-10-2016, 10:04 PM
As far as I'm concerned he should withdraw and just play for hibs the Saturday.

It will be a massive game against one of our main challengers in the league.

Mcginn looks shattered as it is normally on game day never mind the extra travelling and potential game time the day before.

hibs0666
19-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Enjoy the occasion John and come back reinvigorated for the long season ahead.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2016, 01:24 AM
Very true unusual in the modern game. Have you found a pub for Saturday yet?

Oi ..... I'm driving, you find the pub :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2016, 03:07 AM
Hearts v Hibs at the end of the season with nothing to play for wouldn't be a glorified friendly, and neither is this. It's England v Scotland.

England are a poor side, but we ceased being their rivals years ago. The Faroe Islands is our derby now.

lyonhibs
19-10-2016, 06:29 AM
England are a poor side, but we ceased being their rivals years ago. The Faroe Islands is our derby now.

You think Scotland are pish, we get it. I was in Bratislava (or Trnava to be precise) and a performance on anything like that scale of ineptitude will result in a royal skelping.

I only hope the players and fans don't display your wearisome doomsday "rip the pish out of ourselves cos that's really funny" attitude or the game really will be up the pole before it starts.

It's football. Anything COULD happen, however unlikely one might consider a Scotland win to be.

G B Young
19-10-2016, 06:46 AM
When did international fixtures start getting played on a Friday night? Did it not used to be the case that they were played on Wednesday nights or Saturday afternoons and the domestic fixture card would be postponed for that day? That would have solved this particular issue.

Personally I'd suggest McGinn focuses on Hibs. Scotland are effectively out of the running for qualification yet again, this time after just a couple of games, but Hibs are still in a strong position to kick-start their title bid.

CentreLine
19-10-2016, 06:56 AM
I suppose this thread demonstrates where we are in attitudes with the modern game. There was a time, not long ago, when players and fans alike saw the achievement of international honours as the pinnacle of sporting achievement. Many wil remember bemoaning the fact that great Hibs players were not recognised at international level.
Jimmy O'Rourke, Allan Gordon and Alex Edwards were outstanding both domestically and in Europe but we despaired at their not being given that final accolade. Yet now we seem to have the attitude that players should be denied that chance. Personally I don't get it.
In my view international recognition should be a player's ultimate aim and achieving it reflects benefits and achievement on the parent club. We should be celebrating every time one of our players achieves international honours. Players in turn should be motivated by the thought that success at club level might lead to that international recognition.

And from a purely mercenary position, it adds significant sell on value to a player.

Mr White
19-10-2016, 07:01 AM
When did international fixtures start getting played on a Friday night? Did it not used to be the case that they were played on Wednesday nights or Saturday afternoons and the domestic fixture card would be postponed for that day? That would have solved this particular issue.

There are no scottish premiership games that saturday. If we have 3 call ups, say virtanen, marciano and mcginn, then we could apply to have the game postponed. It's a quirk of being a lower league team with a player in contention for the national squad.

Peevemor
19-10-2016, 07:08 AM
I suppose this thread demonstrates where we are in attitudes with the modern game. There was a time, not long ago, when players and fans alike saw the achievement of international honours as the pinnacle of sporting achievement. Many wil remember bemoaning the fact that great Hibs players were not recognised at international level.
Jimmy O'Rourke, Allan Gordon and Alex Edwards were outstanding both domestically and in Europe but we despaired at their not being given that final accolade. Yet now we seem to have the attitude that players should be denied that chance. Personally I don't get it.
In my view international recognition should be a player's ultimate aim and achieving it reflects benefits and achievement on the parent club. We should be celebrating every time one of our players achieves international honours. Players in turn should be motivated by the thought that success at club level might lead to that international recognition.

And from a purely mercenary position, it adds significant sell on value to a player.

:agree: I remember when the likes of Craig Paterson and John Collins getting regularly capped for the U21s was a source of excitement for the Hibs support.

BoomtownHibees
19-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Scotland are effectively out of the running for qualification yet again

As poor as we have been, this statement just isn't true in the slightest

Steve20
19-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Falkirk are one of our main threats this season. No way should he be away with Scotland if we have a game the next day. It amazes me that people think otherwise on here.

Hibs should be his priority.

jdships
19-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Not really sure what the point of this thread is. Why in the world would he not want to be involved in a game against England? In any case - would he be allowed to play Saturday if he withdrew from the squad?

:top marks

Fifehibby74
19-10-2016, 10:18 AM
See no issues with him going with Scotland squad then up the road for the hibs game the next day. You've got to think what it would do to his motivation if he was stopped from going. This is all about man management.

superfurryhibby
19-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Some pretty daft posts on this one. Imagine we told our aspiring young talent that we wouldn't encourage them progressing their careers on the international stage? That would really incentivise their signing up for long term contracts right enough.

Here's hoping McGinn recaptures some form, makes an impact for Hibs and fights his way into Strachan's team.

WeeRussell
19-10-2016, 11:39 AM

:agree: And I don't think McGinn even grew up a Hibs fan! It would be like one of us playing for another Scottish club (e.g. Dundee United) having grown up as Hibs fans, and being expected to miss out on a competitive match against England at the age of 22, to ensure we were fresh for a championship fixture the next day. Seriously?!

So many people suggesting (never mind making out John is wrong for even contemplating playing for Scotland) that he should pull out of a qualifier is pathetic. If ANY of our players were called up for international duty at any time, regardless of whether Scottish or not, I'd be fully supportive of them going to represent their nation.

This 'who can like Hibs more than Scotland' is getting seriously out of control.

barcahibs
19-10-2016, 11:53 AM
:agree: And I don't think McGinn even grew up a Hibs fan! It would be like one of us playing for another Scottish club (e.g. Dundee United) having grown up as Hibs fans, and being expected to miss out on a competitive match against England at the age of 22, to ensure we were fresh for a championship fixture the next day. Seriously?!

So many people suggesting (never mind making out John is wrong for even contemplating playing for Scotland) that he should pull out of a qualifier is pathetic. If ANY of our players were called up for international duty at any time, regardless of whether Scottish or not, I'd be fully supportive of them going to represent their nation.

This 'who can like Hibs more than Scotland' is getting seriously out of control.

Said this before but Hibs prevented Andy Goram representing Scotland at international Cricket while he was at the club on the basis he might get injured.

What's the difference?

I support Hibs, my ticket money (partly!) pays John Mcginn's wages. I don't pay that to have him messing around playing for someone else, no matter how much he might enjoy it.

I'd love to take a day off my work and follow my childhood drwams, would my company be expected to pay me while I do so?

bigwheel
19-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Said this before but Hibs prevented Andy Goram representing Scotland at international Cricket while he was at the club on the basis he might get injured.

What's the difference?

I support Hibs, my ticket money (partly!) pays John Mcginn's wages. I don't pay that to have him messing around playing for someone else, no matter how much he might enjoy it.

I'd love to take a day off my work and follow my childhood drwams, would my company be expected to pay me while I do so?

I guess one difference is that International call ups take precedence over club commitments..the SFA have the right to stop McGinn playing if he was to call off from Scotland duty to play for his Club.

allezsauzee
19-10-2016, 12:01 PM
We should be happy that we have a player who is going to be considered for the Scotland team , especially for a game against the auld enemy. If John was considering pulling out (which I'm sure he isn't) I'd be doubting his desire to succeed in his career.I'd rather Hibs have this inconvenience than not have any players of his ability.

Speedy
19-10-2016, 12:01 PM
100% Scotland should be first priority.

Speedy
19-10-2016, 12:07 PM

What's the difference?

JM plays for Scotland we will benefit through experience and sell on value.

If we tell him not to them we are a) breaking the rules b) most likely pissing him off which will influence performance

And re your last point, my work have allowed me time off to play competitive sport (it was a paid holiday but they didn't have to approve it given it was a busy period). They didnt have to I'd be extremely pissed off if they didn't.

WeeRussell
19-10-2016, 12:19 PM

What's the difference?

I don't think you need me to tell you what the difference is. I assume you are of the opinion that we should just do away with national football, or at least that you would personally sooner not have it? That's not me having a dig and saying you are wrong, just an assumption based on the argument above.

If we're going to be technical and ridiculous about it (sorry this bit does sound a bit more like I'm having a go :greengrin) - if you want to claim a stake in McGinn's wages, you should really be checking on the details of his contract, which is governed by the SFA. If you are worried about all this money you are paying only for John McGinn to waste it on taking the opportunity to represent his country - I'd suggest the problem lies with you and your ongoing contribution to Scottish Football.. rather than McGinn's commitment.

Peevemor
19-10-2016, 12:21 PM

What's the difference?

Cricket was his hobby, not his profession so there's no comparison.

GKs with broken fingers aren't much use.

barcahibs
19-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Sorry, on my phone so quoting is difficult.

I withdraw my comment on me paying his wages, because clearly you guys also pay his wages and have a different opinion :)

International football was fine when everyone was an amateur but it's a total anachronism now that the professional club game is so advanced.

The idea that national FAs have some sort of right, or hold, over a player is ridiculous when you think about it.

I genuinely don't get the difference between turning out for the Scotland cricket or football teams. A players job is to turn out for Hibs, to me any other sporting endeavour is just a hobby if you want to look at it that way.

I would imagine the Scotland cricket and football teams are at similar levels in terms of international achievement/ability as well. If we allow one why not the other?

Genuine question, do Hibs (or the player) get paid for international appearances?

Are the players insured at the national FAs expense?

I'd also love to know what the injury statistics are for players turning out for national squads. How much club game time is lost so they can indulge their hobby?

Would have no problem with U21 internationals as you could at least then argue it's about developing the game.

Bristolhibby
19-10-2016, 03:43 PM

This, to expect any Scottish player to put a league game for Hibs ahead of an International Derby v England at Wembley is madness.

It's games like this that he will be telling to his grandkids (that and winning the Scottish Cup).

Give the boy a break. IMHO him saying he'll fly up for our game is commendable and above what is expected of him.

J

WeeRussell
19-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Sorry, on my phone so quoting is difficult.

I withdraw my comment on me paying his wages, because clearly you guys also pay his wages and have a different opinion :)

International football was fine when everyone was an amateur but it's a total anachronism now that the professional club game is so advanced.

The idea that national FAs have some sort of right, or hold, over a player is ridiculous when you think about it.

I genuinely don't get the difference between turning out for the Scotland cricket or football teams. A players job is to turn out for Hibs, to me any other sporting endeavour is just a hobby if you want to look at it that way.

I would imagine the Scotland cricket and football teams are at similar levels in terms of international achievement/ability as well. If we allow one why not the other?

Genuine question, do Hibs (or the player) get paid for international appearances?

Are the players insured at the national FAs expense?

I'd also love to know what the injury statistics are for players turning out for national squads. How much club game time is lost so they can indulge their hobby?

Would have no problem with U21 internationals as you could at least then argue it's about developing the game.

A fair response Barca (especially given you are on your phone, which I am now also and appreciating how much more difficult it is ;)

I think it's our difference in opinion on the importance of international football in general that sets us apart here.

hibbytam
19-10-2016, 04:12 PM

What's the difference?

I would say the difference is that if McGinn plays, and plays well, it will significantly increase his value/exposure.
Also even being involved in the whole set up, and being in the squad on a matchday at a packed wembley can only improve him all round as a player.

and cricket doesn't do any of these things.