PDA

View Full Version : NHC LFC academy wage cap

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Liverpool have announced plans to cap the salaries of academy players. 17 year olds in their first season will not be able to earn more than 40k a year! WTF it's no wonder that young promising players disappear from the game,there is no hunger they get everything far too early.Let alone the fact the LFC's academy spends millions on signing players like most other Englisg club academies I would imagine.

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2016, 03:41 PM
It says it all when a 19 year old player who has barely kicked a ball in anger rocks up at East Mains in a Porsche and probably a wage packet from his parent club to match. Is it any wonder Islam Feruz is currently in Belgium failing to make an impact with also rans Royal Excel Mouscron.

I don't think all young players are ruined by money .... the likes of Wayne Rooney was probably on good money when he broke through at Everton, but you always got the feeling he loved to play and the money was a bonus. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of youngsters, especially at EPL clubs, look at that first weekly wage packet with more than two zeros in the Net Pay box and think 'wow I've made it'

Haymaker
18-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Why go to Liverpool if another club will pay more?

That's the sad part. Chelsea, United, citeh etc will be happy at this!

Hope it works though.

calumhibee1
18-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Why go to Liverpool if another club will pay more?

That's the sad part. Chelsea, United, citeh etc will be happy at this!

Hope it works though.

I wouldn't. We always get told how such a small percentage of kids make it from development teams. If Chelsea offered me 10k and Liverpool offered me 2k but I had a better chance of playing at Liverpool I'd be off to Chelsea to earn enough money to set me up for life.

Diclonius
18-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Man Utd giving Tyler Blackett a 50k a week contract after about 3 half-decent games in the PL says it all. Where is he now? Reading.

Haymaker
19-10-2016, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't. We always get told how such a small percentage of kids make it from development teams. If Chelsea offered me 10k and Liverpool offered me 2k but I had a better chance of playing at Liverpool I'd be off to Chelsea to earn enough money to set me up for life.

Exactly.