PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: 'TIME FOR HEROES' SCOTTISH CUP FINAL DVD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Craig_in_Prague
16-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Admirable self restraint. Got one for my sons birthday in a few weeks and obviously had to check that it worked properly prior to giving it to him. Took a few hours before I signed it off as ok. :greengrin

My wife got her hands on it 1st, was delivered when I was at work.....otherwise it would have been really tough to hand it over to her and say keep this till Xmas.....

We waited so long for the actual cup; I can wait a few more weeks to watch the DVD.

Besides, the cup final I watch most nights anyway. Though obviously very much looking forward to Disc 1, given the reviews and how the movie premiere went down...

Will kill one afternoon very nice indeed though during the hols. Roll on !

sleeping giant
16-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Getting this tomorrow hopefully :greengrin
Most excited I have been for a birthday in about 35 years.

Sproule Three
16-11-2016, 11:30 AM
I bought a copy for my son in Australia from the club store and before doing so asked if it was playable worldwide. The guy who served me replied ' Everywhere except North America' so you may need to play it on a PS4.

Didn't work for me in Australia -Had to play it on my Imac DVD through Apple TV . Seemed to work ok for most of the Aus Hibees though . Maybe my DVD player was too old.Never use it nowadays tbh as always seem to watch digital stuff :confused:
Has to be said if ever there was a DVD to watch though this was the one. Absolutely outstanding

hibbydog
16-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Just watched the DVD for the first time last night. It is a thing of beauty.

Rod Petrie's tears. What passion. Never seen that side of him before. Always had the impression he was a cold business type and didn't care about the football side of our club.

But you can see what it meant to him. He's made some poor decisions in the past, but you can tell he bleeds green and white like the rest of us. He's just never been able to show it for whatever reason.

Changed my opinion of the man completely.

GGTTH

Onion
16-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Just watched for the 2nd time and it is indeed a thing of beauty, a keepsake for years to come. Players will also look back on that weekend with pride, for most the highlight of their careers - and some highlight. Other teams would give their eye teeth to be a part of something as immense as 21 May. If I live to be 100, nothing will come close to that day and it was a privilege to be a part of it.

Northernhibee
16-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Seeing Jase belting out Sunshine On Leith with a massive smile on his face must make your average Jambo sick to the stomach. You could have had him, you let him go and now he's a Hibs legend.

sleeping giant
17-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Got mine this morning.
Going to watch it tomorrow night with the whole family.

The Pointer
17-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Anyone else saving this for a Christmas Day treat?

Yes. I've got it for my son and daughter and my son got it for me. Don't spoil it!

Steve-O
18-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Didn't work for me in Australia -Had to play it on my Imac DVD through Apple TV . Seemed to work ok for most of the Aus Hibees though . Maybe my DVD player was too old.Never use it nowadays tbh as always seem to watch digital stuff :confused:
Has to be said if ever there was a DVD to watch though this was the one. Absolutely outstanding

Worked perfectly on my PS3 in New Zealand 👍

EH54
18-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Gets better and better everytime I watch it, constantly still think to myself what if the ball didn't roll away from John Mcginn and had to replace it when he crosses the ball in for the equaliser at Tyni what if what majority of us were screaming for Fyvie slipped in stokes earlier for the winner...then I remember We ******g did it calm doon 😂 !!!

sleeping giant
18-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Fantastic.
It's so great to see how the players felt about it all.
Very emotional.

wookie70
19-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Picked up my copy of the DVD after being lucky enough to win it on the PM forum. Thanks Dave for waiting for me.

Ripped onto the server the minute I got home and watched the first disc tonight with the kids. What a great bit of work from all concerned. Loved the inside stories and the extra angles of the goals. Some very moving words and stories and I think all the players, staff and owner come out of it incredibly well. I think my favourite bits were when Stevenson recalls his name getting shouted from a Taxi and him saying that was normally his queue to leg it and when John D gets invited for a drink and the lucky party hosts end up in the Hibs celebration party.

Huge amounts of positive vibes about the size of the club and its potential and the fact the Chief Exec and staff are seeing this as a start of a journey.

esjorto
19-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Mine arrived in Canada last week watched it all twice---Disc one definitely worth the wait

Does it play in Canada without any type of converter?

sleeping giant
20-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Is Disc 2 just the match?
Haha "just the match"

Is there the pre match build up etc?

Pedantic_Hibee
20-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Watched it yesterday. And today. Thanks to the admins for picking me out the hat to win the DVD.

Absolutely brilliant. Petrie's tears...wow.

Danderhall Hibs
20-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Is Disc 2 just the match?
Haha "just the match"

Is there the pre match build up etc?

Yes - no build up and a bit of after match stuff but not a lot.

Onion
27-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Know it's been raised before, but any sign of Hibs bringing out an HD version ? Would be another money-spinner for the club.

lyonhibs
28-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Mother informs me this has been duly ordered along with the photobook.

I'll get them in early January when I'm next home - good things comes to those who wait and all that :greengrin

Argylehibby
28-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Know it's been raised before, but any sign of Hibs bringing out an HD version ? Would be another money-spinner for the club.

I've not heard anything to suggest they will and I'm not certain it would be a money spinner. Having spent £25 on the current version how many people would fork out again for the same thing but in HD? I would see a large number of complaints from people who bought one but would have preferred the HD.

Hibs1969
28-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Watched it again last night for the umpteenth time and I still get goosebumps when Sir David connects with that corner. Those slow motion scenes of our fans celebrating still bring me to tears at the sheer outpouring of joy, elation and disbelief. The greatest day ever, never to be repeated even if we win it for the next 10 years in a row. And don't get me started on that rendition of Sunshine on Leith or I'll be off again 😀👍⚽️🏆

California-Hibs
28-11-2016, 12:17 PM
I've not heard anything to suggest they will and I'm not certain it would be a money spinner. Having spent £25 on the current version how many people would fork out again for the same thing but in HD? I would see a large number of complaints from people who bought one but would have preferred the HD.

Exactly, plus, isn't disk 1 in HD anyway? It's certainly a cracking picture on my tv...

Billy McKirdy
28-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Not sure if my hints have worked but I'm hoping Xmas Day will finally bring me my copy, should I be extremely disappointed if I find its not in my stocking can anyone reassure me that there will still be loads on sale? :confused:

Onion
28-11-2016, 12:57 PM

This match deserves to be in full HD with HD sound, much more immersive and up-to-date. Can't think it would be a big task to produce a high res version from the raw edit and they could offer a trade-in discount for those with the SD version. Would definitely pay a few quid more for an upgrade, and excuse to watch the whole thing again :thumbsup:

SuperAllyMcleod
28-11-2016, 06:16 PM
This match deserves to be in full HD with HD sound, much more immersive and up-to-date. Can't think it would be a big task to produce a high res version from the raw edit and they could offer a trade-in discount for those with the SD version. Would definitely pay a few quid more for an upgrade, and excuse to watch the whole thing again :thumbsup:

I posted on this thread a few weeks back that I have an MP4 version of the whole BBC Sportscene Cup Final show in HD - 4 hours - if you are interested?

PM me if you are and I'll give you my address - just send me a flash drive (8gb minimum as it's a 5gb file) and a stamped addressed envelope and I'll send it back to you with the cup final on it.

3pm
03-12-2016, 07:18 PM
I know it's probably been covered but no wonder we got relegated under Butcher if Jason was allowed to give the team talk! :hilarious

3pm
03-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Superb! :greengrin

Glory Lurker
03-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Not watched the DVD for a couple of weeks, for some reason. Doing a bit of YouTube tonight, for the first time in a couple of months. In tears. What an achievement. What a day.

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 05:28 PM
So...I have just watched the Time For Heroes DVD for the first time. I would normally just go an get it as soon as it was available, but this time, I waited for it as a Christmas gift. There were many times that I almost broke lose and got one, but I was quite proud of myself for resisting.

Today, I had the afternoon free..in on my own - so I put it on.

Most, if not all of you. will have watched this by now - this will be nothing new. For someone who rarely get emotional, even at big moments in my life. Yet, I've found myself sitting at home crying on and off for over an hour...mostly with joy, and some of it for those who are not hear to share it with.

It was great to hear the connection with the players and the staff with our club...The DVD production is outstanding. The interviews were personal and intimate. It was an incredible emotional journey , just watching it.

For me, at a time , when we are a bit down with our points total so far this season, more than anything it is a perfect homage to this wonderful club that we support. If anyone wants to understand what Hibs are about this is the DVD to watch..Just had to share...what an incredible story, amazing to re-live.. Hats off to the club for getting this DVD pitched just right.

Time for Heroes - magnificent!

keep the faith
28-12-2016, 05:51 PM
So...I have just watched the Time For Heroes DVD for the first time. I would normally just go an get it as soon as it was available, but this time, I waited for it as a Christmas gift. There were many times that I almost broke lose and got one, but I was quite proud of myself for resisting.

Today, I had the afternoon free..in on my own - so I put it on.

Most, if not all of you. will have watched this by now - this will be nothing new. For someone who rarely get emotional, even at big moments in my life. Yet, I've found myself sitting at home crying on and off for over an hour...mostly with joy, and some of it for those who are not hear to share it with.

It was great to hear the connection with the players and the staff with our club...The DVD production is outstanding. The interviews were personal and intimate. It was an incredible emotional journey , just watching it.

For me, at a time , when we are a bit down with our points total so far this season, more than anything it is a perfect homage to this wonderful club that we support. If anyone wants to understand what Hibs are about this is the DVD to watch..Just had to share...what an incredible story, amazing to re-live.. Hats off to the club for getting this DVD pitched just right.

Time for Heroes - magnificent!

I held off til christmas too and been watching it the last few days. Magic.
What gets me is the style of football we played. The team spirit we had. I miss Alan Stubbs!!! 😢

Craig_in_Prague
28-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Watched it earlier today for 1st time, waited on Santa to delivveeeeer.

I had read it was fantastic so I wasn't expecting too much on one hand.
However, what a wonderfully produced, powerful DVD.
I'm glad I watched disc one with full focus because it was terrific, I wish it wouldn't have ended.
It was a historic day, it was our day.
When the Hibs went up, to lift the Scottish Cup, we were there , we were there!!

Bishop Hibee
29-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Watched it yesterday for the first time. Brilliant. The players' comments are totally superb. Not very often you get the chance to hear players speak honestly without cliche. The different camera angles of the game are good too. You can see my youngest brother and eldest son celebrating the third goal clearly and a brief glimpse of yours truly!

You couldn't imagine a club like Barca or Arsenal bringing out such an intimate detailed portrait of a final success. Glory glory 💚🏆🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2016, 04:02 PM
"When does it stop!" the wife squealed in exasperation as I made everyone in the house watch disc's one and two on Christmas Day.

I graciously waited till she'd cooked the dinner before casting her out onto the cold streets.

It then warranted a second play.