PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths - Scotland

Diclonius
17-10-2016, 09:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37675657

Strachan says Griffiths is too small to play up front for Scotland. Apparently no-scoring target men are better because they "defend set pieces".

A perfect example of why we are so backwards as a footballing nation.

J-C
17-10-2016, 09:54 AM

Strachan says Griffiths is too small to play up front for Scotland. Apparently no-scoring target men are better because they "defend set pieces".

And this why Strachan needs punted asap, going back to the dark ages with his tactics and also annoys the hell out of me when he tries to be the cheeky smart arsed get that he is.

Bostonhibby
17-10-2016, 09:55 AM

Wow, so not playing Griffiths and sticking with the guys we have is why we're doing so well.

Hope he gets the the rangers job after Scotland sack him.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Smartie
17-10-2016, 09:57 AM
There's a lot of talk of the lack of talent we have in this country but I simply cannot fathom how we cannot produce a manager who understands the role of a "striker" in a team.

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 09:58 AM
To a certain extend he is right as Griffiths will never play at the very top level as he lacks the athleticism that is required but he is without doubt the best option Scotland have at the moment.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2016, 10:04 AM
and two strikers with a combined transfer worth of 21 million sitting in their houses watching the TV instead of being in the squad

Smartie
17-10-2016, 10:04 AM
To a certain extend he is right as Griffiths will never play at the very top level as he lacks the athleticism that is required but he is without doubt the best option Scotland have at the moment.

What exactly do you mean by athleticism?

He's not as big as Chris Martin, that's for sure.

But he's quick enough, mobile enough and I thought he did a great job at time for us when he was virtually a one man strike force - he had athleticism enough to do that for us when he was younger, less well developed and more inexperienced.

I find it strange that Strachan is not picking a player based on height. Was Strachan not rejected by Hibs for being too wee? He ended up having a decent enough career.

Scotland improved as soon as Griffiths entered the field and that was the most telling thing that night.

Ok, maybe leave him out if you're trying to scrape a point away to a big Italy side or the likes but we should be picking our best and most in-form forward against Slovakia and Lithuania.

What is it about the Czech Republic and Slovakia that has Scotland managers crapping themselves about playing a striker or a smallish striker?

Brightside
17-10-2016, 10:06 AM

We play one up top...Wee Gordo wants that one to come back and defend at set pieces? He's a plum. Also why does Bannan and Anya get a game then? We need to remove all these "coaches" from the game.

Brightside
17-10-2016, 10:07 AM

But he's quick enough, mobile enough and I thought he did a great job at time for us when he was virtually a one man strike force - he had athleticism enough to do that for us when he was younger, less well developed and more inexperienced.

I find it strange that Strachan is not picking a player based on height. Was Strachan not rejected by Hibs for being too wee? He ended up having a decent enough career.

Scotland improved as soon as Griffiths entered the field and that was the most telling thing that night.

Ok, maybe leave him out if you're trying to scrape a point away to a big Italy side or the likes but we should be picking our best and most in-form forward against Slovakia and Lithuania.

What is it about the Czech Republic and Slovakia that has Scotland managers crapping themselves about playing a striker or a smallish striker?

His movement is better than any other striker scotland has. play the ball into channels for him and he will create and take chances.

Highland_Hibee
17-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Messi and Iniesta would be stacking shelves in ASDA if they were Scottish. Sorry lads you've no got the build for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 10:18 AM

Pace that is required at the very top level , upper body strength and an overall lack of supreme fitness required to be an elite level player.

Leigh is a very good player and as I mentioned in my first post Scotland's best option at the moment but there is a reason he is at Celtic and not a top 6 English side or a big European club. That reason IMO is he lacks the athleticism required at the very top level as it's not his lack of technical ability.

son of haggart
17-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Gerd Muller, Michael Owen, Kevin Keegan, Don't remember them getting back for corners much....

Much though I like Griffiths as much as you guys liked John Robertson I'd have him one of the first names on the teamsheet

bingo70
17-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I always thought Griffiths was quite good in the air?

matty_f
17-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I genuinely think a manager needs punted if that's the extent of their tactical thinking. How about forgetting about shoe-horning a big huddy that can't score goals, can't lead the line very well, but is a bit big, and start playing the best players we've got in the role that they're good at?

Griffiths has scored goals in Europe, is getting Champions League experience, bangs in the goals for Celtc (as he did for us) - Strachan's lost the plot if he looks past that to play some huddie from the Championship in England because he's a bit more physical.

Lago
17-10-2016, 11:27 AM
:top marks
And this why Strachan needs punted asap, going back to the dark ages with his tactics and also annoys the hell out of me when he tries to be the cheeky smart arsed get that he is.

Oscar T Grouch
17-10-2016, 11:42 AM
He doesn't pick the best scoring striker on form (40 goals last season and a fare few this one so far) for the national team because he's too small to defend set pieces?!!!?!?!! Really, he actually said that?!? WTAF?!? If he is picking strikers on their ability to defend he should be nowhere near the National team, never mind being the head coach. SMH.

CorrieHibs
17-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Griffths for me is our best striker. His scoring record speaks for itself.

He can create something from nothing and can be deadly with a free kick within range.

Scotland aren't the tallest team anyway so no idea why chesney is saying this about griffths.

Iain G
17-10-2016, 11:51 AM
He doesn't pick the best scoring striker on form (40 goals last season and a fare few this one so far) for the national team because he's too small to defend set pieces?!!!?!?!! Really, he actually said that?!? WTAF?!? If he is picking strikers on their ability to defend he should be nowhere near the National team, never mind being the head coach. SMH.

Does this also explain why McCormack and Naismith don't get a look in?

Some height stats:

Strachan : 1.68m
Griffiths : 1.73 m
McCormack : 1.75m
Naismith : 1.78m
Rhodes : 1.85m
Fletcher : 1.86m
Martin : Big Huddie

Food for thought?

Of course we could just play Leigh up front with one of the bigger laddies, you know, like 2 forwards, or is that a bit radical? ;)

green&left
17-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Pace that is required at the very top level , upper body strength and an overall lack of supreme fitness required to be an elite level player.

Leigh is a very good player and as I mentioned in my first post Scotland's best option at the moment but there is a reason he is at Celtic and not a top 6 English side or a big European club. That reason IMO is he lacks the athleticism required at the very top level as it's not his lack of technical ability.

Del Piero was 5ft 8 and weighed under 12 stone. One of the most prolific goalscorers of this generation. By no means making a comparison of the 2 but its a backwards British mentality that you've got to have the legs of an Olympic sprinter, upper body strength of a heavyweight boxer and the stamina of a marathon runner to be a top level player.

Waxy
17-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Stop trying high balls then. It's called football.

Bostonhibby
17-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Does this also explain why McCormack and Naismith don't get a look in?

Some height stats:

Strachan : 1.68m
Griffiths : 1.73 m
McCormack : 1.75m
Naismith : 1.78m
Rhodes : 1.85m
Fletcher : 1.86m
Martin : Big Huddie

Food for thought?

Of course we could just play Leigh up front with one of the bigger laddies, you know, like 2 forwards, or is that a bit radical? ;)
Interesting, he's been taking advice from potter on the back of the yams current "success".

Launch it. 6ft plus and you're a footballer.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Del Piero was 5ft 8 and weighed under 12 stone. One of the most prolific goalscorers of this generation. By no means making a comparison of the 2 but its a backwards British mentality that you've got to have the legs of an Olympic sprinter, upper body strength of a heavyweight boxer and the stamina of a marathon runner to be a top level player.

From my memory of Del Piero he was immensely strong for his size (similar to Messi ) and rarely ever was eased off the ball.

Not really sure it's only the British mentality that says you need to be a superb athlete to play at the elite level. The top nations all have players who are phenomenal athletes as well as being technically brilliant.

The fact that they combine both is the reason they as so successful.

Jack Hackett
17-10-2016, 12:02 PM
He's beginning to remind me of the previous incumbent. Shades of Jordan Rhodes being 'too young' at 22 to play at international level.

nellio
17-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Feel sorry for you Scots with that sort of prehistoric thinking running your national team. Shocking comments to make when you look how football has changed with false 9's etc playing up top these days.

Look at Goetze influenced the world cup final when he came on as a false 9 a few years ago. Greizmann regularly playing up top for Athletico etc.

Brizo
17-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Ive always wondered if there isnt a bit of snobbery towards Leigh from Strachan. That maybe sounds odd given Strachans upbringing but his comments about players with tattoos , headphones and daft haircuts (Leigh obviously doesnt have that last problem :greengrin). I just wonder if it isnt personal from Strachan ? Obviously Strachan cant come out and say anything of that nature and instead has to spout some nonsense to justify his non-selection of Griffiths.

Just my thoughts but given the above mentioned comments and stuff he came out with previously about devil dogs etc it wouldnt surprise me if Strachans got some stereotyped view of Leigh that nothing he does on the park will change. At least Griffiths can take some comfort from the fact that this time next month Strachan probably wont be picking the team.

Smartie
17-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Feel sorry for you Scots with that sort of prehistoric thinking running your national team. Shocking comments to make when you look how football has changed with false 9's etc playing up top these days.

Look at Goetze influenced the world cup final when he came on as a false 9 a few years ago. Greizmann regularly playing up top for Athletico etc.

It's really depressing. It's not as if it's reflective of a national football psyche either, unfortunately it seems that it is restricted to whoever is in charge of the national side at that time.

Whilst we don't have the obvious quality that you have in players like Bale and Ramsey, it is interesting to see how so many players that we would consider to have "mediocre" credentials similar to our own players' that Wales have made look like naturals at International level.

Whilst we don't have world beaters, we have enough quality that you could see a decent, forward-thinking manager could cobble together a decent unit.

I can't believe the swing in fortunes our respective nations have had in such a short space of time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-10-2016, 12:43 PM

You might no say that when he takes over us from Lennon :wink:

Hibs90
17-10-2016, 12:55 PM
leigh has now changed his twitter handle to #shorty :greengrin:

Keith_M
17-10-2016, 01:10 PM

Lionel Messi:

Height - 5'7"

International Caps: 114

International Goals: 56.

bingo70
17-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Lionel Messi:

Height - 5'7"

***** at defending set pieces though

Rugy07
17-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Much as I am surprised at some of Strachan's picks, especially up front with Martin and Watt getting in ahead of Griffiths, McCormack and Rhodes, this article never says that he wants tall strikers to defend set pieces. He says (correctly IMO) that defending set pieces is very important and is becoming increasingly important (just ask Warburton). And he says that you need to have a certain amount of height in the team. If he's playing Bannan, Anya and Forrest then he probably needs to make up for that elsewhere I'd suggest. He even refused to say that Griffiths wouldn't start against England. It's just the usual useless reporting to try and make a story out of nothing.

Keith_M
17-10-2016, 01:32 PM
***** at defending set pieces though

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
17-10-2016, 02:06 PM

That thinking from WGS is on a par with Potter's 4-6-0 for me

jgl07
17-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Lionel Messi:

Height - 5'7"

Sergio Aguero

Height - 5'8"

International Caps: 79

International Goals: 33

Manchester City Appearances: 156

Goals: 107.

seanoheimhin
17-10-2016, 02:34 PM
My god this is depressing. I've thought Strachan's heart hasn't been in it for a while now, but this has really shown him up as a neanderthal.

You can get away with being a neanderthal if you win and you're ruthless, but he's not. His ideas are tired, he's obnoxious with the media and indirectly the fans.

His continued presence could seriously damage Griffiths' international career and Scotland would suffer for it.

Also, don't buy into the rubbish about 'that's why Griffiths will never play at the top level'. He's been scoring goals for fun in the CL playoff stages, and fancy he'll be in the EPL in a couple of years time.

Smartie
17-10-2016, 02:41 PM
My god this is depressing. I've thought Strachan's heart hasn't been in it for a while now, but this has really shown him up as a neanderthal.

You can get away with being a neanderthal if you win and you're ruthless, but he's not. His ideas are tired, he's obnoxious with the media and indirectly the fans.

His continued presence could seriously damage Griffiths' international career and Scotland would suffer for it.

Also, don't buy into the rubbish about 'that's why Griffiths will never play at the top level'. He's been scoring goals for fun in the CL playoff stages, and fancy he'll be in the EPL in a couple of years time.

The best thing about Griffiths is that he's continuing to improve.

He was in the Livingston team at an early age so he's already picked up a lot of experience in his career.

He was a different player when he left us to when he joined us and he's maintained that level of progress throughout his career and as has been mentioned above, that has now gone on to include the Champions league, the highest level.

It is nonsense to suggest that Griffiths isn't capable of playing at International level, especially when you see the kind of impact that players like Josh Maginnis, Hal Robson-Kanu and many more have had at International level.

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 02:44 PM

Depends how you define top level. If he goes south it won't be to a top 6 club due to his limitations.

Also he is 26 years old so probably already close to his peak.

J-C
17-10-2016, 02:44 PM
You sometimes wonder if Strachan is working his ticket trying to get sacked so he gets his full money owed, instead of just resigning where he'll get nowt.

snooky
17-10-2016, 03:07 PM
You sometimes wonder if Strachan is working his ticket trying to get sacked so he gets his full money owed, instead of just resigning where he'll get nowt.

Just waiting for him to pull the "Let's play nobody up front" rabbit out the hat.
Na, shirley naebody's that stupid. :whistle:

SteveHFC
17-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Strachan should be sacked on the spot for those comments.

silverhibee
17-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Ive always wondered if there isnt a bit of snobbery towards Leigh from Strachan. That maybe sounds odd given Strachans upbringing but his comments about players with tattoos , headphones and daft haircuts (Leigh obviously doesnt have that last problem :greengrin). I just wonder if it isnt personal from Strachan ? Obviously Strachan cant come out and say anything of that nature and instead has to spout some nonsense to justify his non-selection of Griffiths.

Just my thoughts but given the above mentioned comments and stuff he came out with previously about devil dogs etc it wouldnt surprise me if Strachans got some stereotyped view of Leigh that nothing he does on the park will change. At least Griffiths can take some comfort from the fact that this time next month Strachan probably wont be picking the team.

The "devil dog" comment from Strachan, would love to tell the story about that but I would get in bother. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Griffiths played up top on his own for Hibs may times and performed admirably in such a role.

Strachan is clueless, a dinosaur and it beggars belief he was even given the option to stay on as manager. He should have been shown the door last week.

Walter
17-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Whatever happened to Scotland trying to win a game instead of trying not to lose. We need that go for the throats spirit back.
Apologies if this has been said already, no time to read the thread but needed to vent

Nameless
17-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Martin Keown (Scottish football expert that he is) was talking about Scotland on Football Focus on Saturday. Claimed that Scotland have NO decent players, and nobody coming through! Essentially said that Strachan is doing an amazing job with the dross at his disposal. I find this latest article rather depressing, as it is further proof of our rapid descent in world football under Strachan and the current regime at Hampden.

ancient hibee
17-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Much as I am surprised at some of Strachan's picks, especially up front with Martin and Watt getting in ahead of Griffiths, McCormack and Rhodes, this article never says that he wants tall strikers to defend set pieces. He says (correctly IMO) that defending set pieces is very important and is becoming increasingly important (just ask Warburton). And he says that you need to have a certain amount of height in the team. If he's playing Bannan, Anya and Forrest then he probably needs to make up for that elsewhere I'd suggest. He even refused to say that Griffiths wouldn't start against England. It's just the usual useless reporting to try and make a story out of nothing.
Strachan ignores that the third goal lost was because our centre half allowed himself to be put jumped by a similar sized player.He failed even to give him a wee nudge to put him off.I would have thought that we need players who can play.Anyway it's to be expected from someone who put Riordan out of the game at Celtic.

.Sean.
17-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Is he for real? Martin, and to a lesser extent Fletcher, are a pair of carthorses with an absolutely bang average scoring record at club level, nevermind their goal scoring 'prowess' for Scotland.

bingo70
17-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Martin Keown (Scottish football expert that he is) was talking about Scotland on Football Focus on Saturday. Claimed that Scotland have NO decent players, and nobody coming through! Essentially said that Strachan is doing an amazing job with the dross at his disposal. I find this latest article rather depressing, as it is further proof of our rapid descent in world football under Strachan and the current regime at Hampden.

It's an easy cliche that doesn't stand up to argument.

Keown might end up being right about poor players coming through but I'm going to assume he hasn't watched a scottish game, other than the old firm, in years so he's in no place to judge.

There's no way Strachan can be considered to be doing a good job when we've just drawn at home to Lithuania and beaten away so easily in Slovakia (or Slovenia).

Strachans times up and he knows it, he's staying for the England game to feed his own ego and to keep up his high profile on the media so when he leaves shortly afterwords he'll walk into a top march of the day job.

Absolute farce he's being allowed to continue on when he's so clearly lost it.

JimBHibees
17-10-2016, 05:28 PM

Definitely is IMO. Should have more self respect and resign.

The Green Goblin
17-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Bizarre comments from a man who when he was a player made a joke about being too small to climb over the advertising boards after scoring in the World Cup against West Germany in 1986....

7 seconds in...if you are too young to remember. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/5ZyW7ikJl2I

bingo70
17-10-2016, 05:37 PM
In the interest of balance Gerry McCulloch has tweeted the following:-

"Strachan's 'quote' on LG height came from an answer to a question NOT about Griffiths. It's been flipped and made to be about LG. It wasn't."

Not sure what the context of what he actually said was but the stick he's had today may have been unfair although if he said anything even close to what's being reported it's still pish, even if it wasn't directed at Griffiths.

Smartie
17-10-2016, 05:43 PM

Remember how scathing they were about wee Iceland?

If we're going to have any chance in this game, we're going to need our players to be hurt and wound up by comments like this and for them to be hell bent on going out and making a reputation for themselves.

The other thing we need is for the English to be complacent and take the good result for granted.

So far all appears to be going to plan.

silverhibee
17-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Griffiths has changed his username on Twitter to, Shorty. :faf:

Jack Hackett
17-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Remember how scathing they were about wee Iceland?

If we're going to have any chance in this game, we're going to need our players to be hurt and wound up by comments like this and for them to be hell bent on going out and making a reputation for themselves.

The other thing we need is for the English to be complacent and take the good result for granted.

So far all appears to be going to plan.

Not like them to do that sort of thing though, is it?

Hopefully, the boys on the park will have enough pride in themselves to play for Scotland, and not Strachan, on the day.

snooky
17-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Griffiths has changed his username on Twitter to, Shorty. :faf:

.... hopefully he'll get a game on the Wii.

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Sorry mate, which Scottish player do you know that has this athleticism required, and which ones are currently playing at the top level, only one I can think of is Fletcher?? to say Griffiths is too small is complete and utter bollocks from Strachan.

Edinburgher
17-10-2016, 06:17 PM
It`s like the Riordan scenario when he was at Celtic.

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Sorry mate, which Scottish player do you know that has this athleticism required, and which ones are currently playing at the top level, only one I can think of is Fletcher?? to say Griffiths is too small is complete and utter bollocks from Strachan.

I don't think any Scottish player currently has the technical ability combined with the athleticism required to be an elite level player.

Given his young age the only player I can think of on the current Scotland setup that may have the ability and physique to become a top drawer player is Kieran Tierney.

Edit - By top drawer I mean the ability to play for Man Utd , Liverpool , Arsenal ect

Future17
17-10-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't think any Scottish player currently has the technical ability combined with the athleticism required to be an elite level player.

Given his young age the only player I can think of on the current Scotland setup that may have the ability and physique to become a top drawer player is Kieran Tierney.

Edit - By top drawer I mean the ability to play for Man Utd , Liverpool , Arsenal ect

Tierney is only 5cm taller than Griffiths.

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Tierney is only 5cm taller than Griffiths.

I don't think height matters to be honest (although Strachan seems to think it does).

Mr White
17-10-2016, 07:49 PM

Burke has to be in with a shout no? Contributed a goal and a couple of assists in an unbeaten start to the season for the team sitting third in the bundesliga. I reckon he could potentially end up at a top 4 English side.

monarch
17-10-2016, 07:49 PM
So our most capped player, Lawrie Reilly (5 ft 7 ins - 38 caps, 22 goals) would never have played for Scotland had Strachan been around in his day. :confused:

Since90+2
17-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Burke has to be in with a shout no? Contributed a goal and a couple of assists in an unbeaten start to the season for the team sitting third in the bundesliga.

To be honest I have only ever seen him play for a total of 45 minutes so haven't seen nearly enough of him to judge. You would hope with the money paid for him he could go on to become a great player.

jacomo
17-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Basic ignorance from Keown but it's up to Scotland to change perceptions. Much like Chris Coleman has with Wales (admittedly, with some real quality in his squad).

Strachan does seem more and more like a dinosaur, sadly.

lord bunberry
17-10-2016, 08:18 PM
The words of a man who knows his time is up. He should be sacked before it's too late.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Andy Robertson is out of the game at wembley due to a calf injury, he was my man of the match v Lithuania

18-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Absolutely ridiculous from Strachan.

mjhibby
18-10-2016, 05:37 PM
For such a skilful player in his day who showed height didn't matter to come out with this utter tripe is totally depressing. Every youth coach in Scotland must be thinking that there is no point in bringing through players like Griffiths if he isn't going to be considered by the national coach. It's shows what a shambles Scottish football is because firstly he came out with this unbelievably stupid statement and then secondly they haven't called him in to explain what the hell he is on about and is he the right man for the job. Strachan is typical of current managers who when criticised resort to the how many trophies/ caps had his critics won and he of course is right even when we win one point out of six against countries way below our current ranking. I take my hat off to the loyal scotland fans who keep going to the games when they have to put up with a constant stream of managers who don't have a clue. God knows who we should get to replace him.

calumhibee1
18-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Scotland should go for broke and go for Alex Neil.

bigwheel
18-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Scotland should go for broke and go for Alex Neil.

too small :greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-10-2016, 08:33 PM
I see that big huddy Chris Martin scored for Fulham tonight. Not sure how well he did defensively though :wink:

snooky
24-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Good news for Sparky and his like. Tests show that heading a ball does stuff to your brain and now Gordon Smith wants to adopt the American rule of banning kids from heading footballs.
How long before this is adopted at the senior level?
It'll be a whole new ball game, as they say.

To make matters worse for me, I'll no' be able to call my mate "Heid the baw" onymair.

sambajustice
24-10-2016, 07:24 AM
too small :greengrin

#BigSamIn

WestCoastHibby
24-10-2016, 08:29 AM
And who provides the neat assist to Dembele that puts Celtic into League cup final?? "Shorty" . Strachan needs to empty his desk.

JDHibs
24-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Gary Lineker was interviewing Strachan and asked him what he looked for in a striker, his reply -

"someone to bring others into the game"

Garys reply, "Surely you want a striker to score goals?"

Says it all really.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Gary Lineker was interviewing Strachan and asked him what he looked for in a striker, his reply -

"someone to bring others into the game"

Garys reply, "Surely you want a striker to score goals?"

Says it all really.

What did Strachan say in reply?

Smartie
24-10-2016, 12:01 PM
What did Strachan say in reply?

That would be interesting to hear.

He won't have been able to trot out his usual "you huvnae played the game, you wouldnae understand" to a former internationalist with that many international appearances, goals and a golden boot to his name.

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2016, 10:10 PM
and now Robert Snodgrass is out of the game at wembers, along with Andy Robertson :( not good

pacorosssco
25-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Leigh huge similaritres robbo and billy dodds but better than both. Both were not given chance but then had huge impact after a goal for country. Sadly diff is a few aside. Nowhere near good a team we thought at time ****.Team v them 96 ,99 much better current team.