PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Malonga

NikGunnarsson
16-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Interesting to see an article pop up about him today,
http://drcpf.net/pro-vercelli-plus-rien-ne-marche-pour-dominique-malonga/
Roughly translates to him not working out at Pro Vercelli and getting no game time. If he was released would deffo take him back. Not even for the sentimental value but although some did not see it he really was a class act and would add something else to the team.

Cat Stanton
16-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Interesting to see an article pop up about him today,
http://drcpf.net/pro-vercelli-plus-rien-ne-marche-pour-dominique-malonga/
Roughly translates to him not working out at Pro Vercelli and getting no game time. If he was released would deffo take him back. Not even for the sentimental value but although some did not see it he really was a class act and would add something else to the team.

If nothing else, it would give us back one of our better songs...

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Moved for reasons which have not changed.

danhibees1875
16-10-2016, 11:21 PM
I agree with all 3 points raised. Good player, great song but wouldn't come back to us.

I track his/pro v progress in a half hearted manner, he never seems to get any game time even as a sub these days for a team mostly struggling in seria B.

Cracker of a goal in our Scottish cup run last year.

Centre Hawf
17-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Would welcome him back with open arms.

Waxy
17-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Do do do

Bostonhibby
17-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Would welcome him back with open arms.

Me too, if fit and his heart is in it there has to be a place in a Hibs team for a gifted player who brings a bit of something different and can score the sort of goals he did. Sadly I doubt he'd return.

SonOfDavidFrancey
17-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Love the last line of the article.

Highland_Hibee
17-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Would love him back but he's not coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
17-10-2016, 09:14 AM
I would have him back in a heartbeat.

It won't happen though.

J-C
17-10-2016, 09:26 AM
On his day a cracking player but is also a lazy sod on the pitch, not being able to hold down a place in a team in Seria B says it all.

Salt N Sauzee
17-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Would love it if he came back. Don't think Lennon would stand for his stroppiness though!

Smartie
17-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Our best form since we were relegated (you could probably say our best form over the past 10 years) has come with Dom on form and playing regularly .

If he'd even entertain the notion, I'd be bringing him back and he'd be the first name on the team sheet. We've been lacking something since he left, a certain something that allows you to forgive a bit of nonchalance and moodiness.

He won't come back though so no point in discussing it really.

pacoluna
17-10-2016, 11:23 AM
On his day a cracking player but is also a lazy sod on the pitch, not being able to hold down a place in a team in Seria B says it all.

Seria B is a lot better than this current league we are in which is full of utter dross, different player to Holt but a lot more effective than him and seemed to have a more productive relationship with JC.

emerald green
17-10-2016, 11:54 AM
I still say Malonga's goal against Aberdeen in the cup tie at ER was one of the best I've seen at ER.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2016, 11:58 AM
On his day a cracking player but is also a lazy sod on the pitch, not being able to hold down a place in a team in Seria B says it all.Have you ever watched a Serie B game?

Andy74
17-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Nowt lazier than this sort of post. His demeanour may have been laid back but that doesn't mean he was lazy on the pitch.

A class act and still missed for his creativity.

lyonhibs
17-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Is there any support in world football so fascinated with the idea of resigning former players as ours?!

More of a general query I guess.

Smartie
17-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Is there any support in world football so fascinated with the idea of resigning former players as ours?!

There can't be many, that's for sure.

My mate supports West Ham, I have a wee soft spot for them and sometimes go to their games with him. We often have a wee chuckle about the parallels between our clubs.

The obsession with re-signing former players, and in particular the keen-ness on only having former players as manager is one of many things we have in common (although we've strayed from that with our last few appointments).

bigwheel
17-10-2016, 12:59 PM

ha, so true! It's amazing how players seem to grow in people's opinion when they are away, even if they aren't getting a game for their new clubs! In fact, even when they don't have clubs at times!

Highland_Hibee
17-10-2016, 01:40 PM
ha, so true! It's amazing how players seem to grow in people's opinion when they are away, even if they aren't getting a game for their new clubs! In fact, even when they don't have clubs at times!

You trying to say Deek couldn't still do a job for us? [emoji848]

Keith_M
17-10-2016, 01:45 PM
You trying to say Deek couldn't still do a job for us? [emoji848]

I heard Leigh's signing in January!

:hyper

Haymaker
17-10-2016, 03:16 PM

J-C
17-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Nowt lazier than this sort of post. His demeanour may have been laid back but that doesn't mean he was lazy on the pitch.

A class act and still missed for his creativity.

All opinions Andy, weve discussed this numerous times, on his day a superb player but his day was all too infrequent.

bigwheel
17-10-2016, 04:03 PM

Too small [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2016, 04:11 PM
There can't be many, that's for sure.

My mate supports West Ham, I have a wee soft spot for them and sometimes go to their games with him. We often have a wee chuckle about the parallels between our clubs.

The obsession with re-signing former players, and in particular the keen-ness on only having former players as manager is one of many things we have in common (although we've strayed from that with our last few appointments).

I'd agree in general with the parallels - of the English clubs (not exhaustive or extensive mind) I've visited they were the closest. Tradition of liking to play the game the right way, long suffering support with many of the glory days in the past, overlooked as heads swing to more other prominent clubs.

Re resigning players perhaps we have more of an obsession than most as we develop some gems but just can't hold on to them they go early enough that there's a hope of a return esp if a young player heads down south... O or to clubs they just don't get a lookin.

ancient hibee
17-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Cummings and Malonga played well together.Given Cummings has failed to gel with anyone else it shows Malonga's skill level.

mentalhibee
17-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Bring back king Dom!

Pete
17-10-2016, 05:58 PM
If you watch the Raith highlights, the advertising board by the corner flag says "King Dom".

It's definitely a sign.

Eyrie
17-10-2016, 06:04 PM
If you watch the Raith highlights, the advertising board by the corner flag says "King Dom".

It's definitely a sign.

I'm confused - an advertising board is a sign as well? :wink:

sleeping giant
18-10-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm confused - an advertising board is a sign as well? :wink:

:greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
18-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Would love him back but don't think Lennon would want him, or get the best out of him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-10-2016, 07:34 PM
A year to the day since his outrageous opener against Dumbarton at ER. What a goal [emoji7]

Hibee Mac
18-10-2016, 11:13 PM
A year to the day since his outrageous opener against Dumbarton at ER. What a goal [emoji7]

That was a beauty. Doesn't feel like that long ago!

147lothian
20-10-2016, 10:52 AM
I would welcome Dom back, and I would see JC benefitting from it too, I don't go with the he was lazy argument that was just his perceived persona, his link up play and goals IMO would be invaluable in the push for promotion

ancient hibee
20-10-2016, 12:48 PM
When defenders were in trouble they would constantly look for Malonga to take the ball.Strangely enough this"lazy"player would be available 15/20 yards from the bye line.

Centre Hawf
20-10-2016, 01:29 PM
When defenders were in trouble they would constantly look for Malonga to take the ball.Strangely enough this"lazy"player would be available 15/20 yards from the bye line.

When Scott Allan picked up the ball and went to hit teams quickly he didn't look for Jason, Farid, Craig, or even a McGeouch. He looked for Dom because he knew if it was into his feet it was under control and held up long enough to get other folk in play. Good players want to play with good players and both were exactly that (although one showed his true colours). Dom wasn't Lazy, he wasn't a workhorse by any stretch of the imagination, but he was an intelligent player who was at times very frustrating but ultimately a key player at times.

The only thing lazy about him is the tag that some people gave him.

basehibby
20-10-2016, 04:28 PM
I would take Dom back no probs but he did leave for a reason - he wanted to be a certain starter in a Hibs team playing in the second tier. I'm not so sure that could be guaranteed for him so have my doubts as to whether a return would be on the cards.

HappyHanlon
21-10-2016, 01:44 AM

Lazy Sod? Gie yerself a shake.