PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rae new Scottish 19's manager

pundy man
16-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Bombs big time at St Mirren and then gets one of the top jobs at the FA. You could not make it up.

Any time he was on TV commenting he always turned the conversation to his beloved Rangers so that worked as now got this gig.

Job for the boys

Heisenberg
16-10-2016, 04:08 PM
The Scottish FA are a joke.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 04:12 PM
out of curiosity, who the **** actually votes these SFA clowns in to a job, is it the member clubs ? and have any of the SFA bigwigs actually played the game

MWHIBBIES
16-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Things like this are why people don't bother with the national team. It is such a joke from top to bottom with no signs of intention to sort it out.

hfc rd
16-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Things like this are why people don't bother with the national team. It is such a joke from top to bottom with no signs of intention to sort it out.

Totally this

Jonnyboy
16-10-2016, 04:42 PM
nice to see the governing body rewarding abject failure so willingly. No wonder our national game is a joke

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 05:03 PM
I think that this sums up where the SFA sees the priorities of the game. Jobs for the boys.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 05:11 PM
nice to see the governing body rewarding abject failure so willingly. No wonder our national game is a joke

The game is knackered John, we just go from one embarrassment to another. Its just jobs for the boys and i personally don't see an end to any of this.

And its got to the stage where i'm not really bothered, there's no point in getting angry anymore.

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Just goes to show it's not what you know it's who you know

bingo70
16-10-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm hoping it's a short term appointment and there'll be wholesale changes when strachan leaves after the England game.

Flip side to this though is that I work with someone who played for Blackpool when Rae was there and contrary to popular opinion he said he was a brilliant guy that was great with the younger players especially. Despite this glowing reference though you've surely got to have more on your cv to get that job.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Allan Preston said yesterday on Sportsound that Ricky Sbragia had been given the u19s job after being sacked as the u21s manager and he used that example as justification for his rant about how badly the SFA are operating.

I wonder where he got this from.

Jonnyboy
16-10-2016, 07:08 PM
The game is knackered John, we just go from one embarrassment to another. Its just jobs for the boys and i personally don't see an end to any of this.

And its got to the stage where i'm not really bothered, there's no point in getting angry anymore.

It's where I am too, G :agree:

Spike Mandela
16-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Wonder if he will show our U19's how to kick opposition players in the head?

Northernhibee
16-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Wonder if he will show our U19's how to kick opposition players in the head?

Jason Talbot's taking that training.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/07/2571B30400000578-0-image-a-150_1423350822187.jpg

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Wow incredible decision.

Billy Whizz
16-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Wow incredible decision.

Wonder who has the authority to appoint him?
St Mirren will be happy, if it gets him off the wage bill!
Strange appointment

Eyrie
16-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Jason Talbot's taking that training.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/07/2571B30400000578-0-image-a-150_1423350822187.jpg

That's a disgustingly dangerous assault. I hope #11 got booked for headbutting the Livingston player's foot.

Lancs Harp
16-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm hoping it's a short term appointment and there'll be wholesale changes when strachan leaves after the England game.

Flip side to this though is that I work with someone who played for Blackpool when Rae was there and contrary to popular opinion he said he was a brilliant guy that was great with the younger players especially. Despite this glowing reference though you've surely got to have more on your cv to get that job.

As a Blackpool lad you're right that is contrary to popular opinion.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 10:26 PM
That's a disgustingly dangerous assault. I hope #11 got booked for headbutting the Livingston player's foot.

I believe he knocked the Livingston player's studs out from his boot.

Shocking.

ekhibee
17-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Bombs big time at St Mirren and then gets one of the top jobs at the FA. You could not make it up.

Any time he was on TV commenting he always turned the conversation to his beloved Rangers so that worked as now got this gig.

Job for the boys
Didn't do well at St Mirren, and he is a Rangers/Sevco fan, but totally disagree with you about his commenting, he's been on the radio loads of times and the vast majority of the time he only mentions Rangers when he's asked about it. Several people I know have met him and said he's a really decent guy, very approachable. Still a poor decision that he got that job, although he is seemingly a much better coach than manager.

Andy74
17-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Perhaps his strength is youth coaching and not first team?

Eddie May for example has said it was a mistake moving to be a first team manager.

I'm not sure we can say this is a joke unless we know the qualities he has or hasn't got for this role.

silverhibee
17-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Who gave Mark McGhee the shiner. :greengrin

matty_f
17-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Perhaps his strength is youth coaching and not first team?

Eddie May for example has said it was a mistake moving to be a first team manager.

I'm not sure we can say this is a joke unless we know the qualities he has or hasn't got for this role.

There's a video of Alex Rae kicking about from when he was at St Mirren and he wasn't exactly enthusiastic about youth development in that video.

I suppose if he's great at coaching youths we could look to St Mirren and see what prospects he's brought through there?

brog
17-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Didn't do well at St Mirren, and he is a Rangers/Sevco fan, but totally disagree with you about his commenting, he's been on the radio loads of times and the vast majority of the time he only mentions Rangers when he's asked about it. Several people I know have met him and said he's a really decent guy, very approachable. Still a poor decision that he got that job, although he is seemingly a much better coach than manager.

Spot on, I've posted before he has a villa about 100 yards from where I currently am in Portugal. He's a lovely guy, very approachable & knowledgeable about football & despite being a Sevco fan he's always very fair about Hibs, even has a small soft spot for us because of his bestie, Davie Farrell. He's also teetotal, a rarity in Scottish football!
Still unbelievably lucky to get the job though! :wink: