PDA

View Full Version : Approaching the SFA

Enough said
16-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Regarding refereeing decisions, any one think the club will go down this route? It's a getting a bit ridiculous now especially the last 5 years or so.

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 09:46 AM
When I proposed a similar idea on FB I had a fellow fan call me out for a wind up. Says "officials get things wrong all the time" and to "deal with it". When presenting facts I was told "if you look hard enough I'm sure you will find similar decisions go for us". What like players consistently being wrongly sent off and goals 3ft over the line being disallowed? That isn't getting things a little wrong that is flat out incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
16-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Regarding refereeing decisions, any one think the club will go down this route? It's a getting a bit ridiculous now especially the last 5 years or so.

No, it's the last ditch attempt of the desperate.

Even if we had a case in a few instances, it would fall on deaf ears. You could have a moaning campaign in the media if you wish to try and influence decisions but ift can make referees dig their heels in and comes across as sour grapes.

Best way to deal with incompetent/poorly trained/ bias/ cheating* referees is to build a team that is so good, dominates games and scores so many goals that no amount of dodgy refereeing decisions makes the slightest bit of difference.

(* delete as to your own preference.)

Since90+2
16-10-2016, 09:49 AM
When I proposed a similar idea on FB I had a fellow fan call me out for a wind up. Says "officials get things wrong all the time" and to "deal with it". When presenting facts I was told "if you look hard enough I'm sure you will find similar decisions go for us". What like players consistently being wrongly sent off and goals 3ft over the line being disallowed? That isn't getting things a little wrong that is flat out incompetence.

What realistically would we expect the SFA to do? Say we won't have any players sent off for the next few games to make up recent mistakes?

Without doubt decisions have cost us recently but approaching the SFA is not going to achieve anything.

Waxy
16-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Its the SFAs way of deducting us points for winning the cup.

Jim44
16-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Our seethe is understandable and justifiable but I think the SFA would dimiss any formal approach. I don't think the club would go out on a limb on this one anyway and the best solution is to win games and stick one up to them.

Forza Fred
16-10-2016, 09:54 AM
What realistically would we expect the SFA to do? Say we won't have any players sent off for the next few games to make up recent mistakes?

Without doubt decisions have cost us recently but approaching the SFA is not going to achieve anything.

Spot on.

And in all honesty probably EVERY team thinks they are hard done by when it comes to referees.

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 10:10 AM

True and it would do eff all but anyone that doesn't understand our disgust isn't a true fan IMO. Maybe we could start posting ludicrous statements?

marinello59
16-10-2016, 10:13 AM
No, it's the last ditch attempt of the desperate.

Even if we had a case in a few instances, it would fall on deaf ears. You could have a moaning campaign in the media if you wish to try and influence decisions but ift can make referees dig their heels in and comes across as sour grapes.

Best way to deal with incompetent/poorly trained/ bias/ cheating* referees is to build a team that is so good, dominates games and scores so many goals that no amount of dodgy refereeing decisions makes the slightest bit of difference.

(* delete as to your own preference.)

:top marks

Enough said
16-10-2016, 10:14 AM
The reason I posted this was because we seem to be getting hard done by, now I understand it's not all on us but I can't never recall refs being as bad to other teams as they are to us!!

emerald green
16-10-2016, 10:21 AM
As a club, or even as a group of supporters, we could kick up f*** as much as we want, but it won't make the slightest difference.

They will just close ranks around the referee(s) as they have always done.

Yet again, I'll post my opinion / suggestion as to how to try to at least cut down some of these frankly inexcusable (dodgy?) refereeing decisions, i.e. the introduction of modern video technology, as is the case in other world sports.

Onceinawhile
16-10-2016, 10:24 AM
See if our strikers and midfielders would just take any of the numerous chances we fluff, this wouldn't be a problem.

Steve20
16-10-2016, 10:36 AM
No one calls the SFA out on blatant cheating. That's what's happening this season.

northstandhibby
16-10-2016, 10:40 AM
No one calls the SFA out on blatant cheating. That's what's happening this season.

Alan Muir did it too at the first play off last season against Falkirk whose player shifted the ball on the ground with his hand in the penalty box then kicked it up the park.

GGTTH

Argylehibby
16-10-2016, 10:40 AM

An approach to the SFA would be a waste of time and energy.

We should however make more of these decisions post match and in the run up to games. Look at Falkirk bleating last year about a penalty we got through there, did that influence the ref in the first play off game against them at ER? Who knows but it sure as hell didn't influence him against Falkirk in that game either.

I've said for years in the lead up to derby games we should be talking about the dodgy decisions against us in previous years and simply say we hope we're not discussing refeee decisions after this one. Let the ref know in advance we are going to call out any hint of bias to them.

WhileTheChief..
16-10-2016, 11:10 AM
The reason I posted this was because we seem to be getting hard done by, now I understand it's not all on us but I can't never recall refs being as bad to other teams as they are to us!!

Probably because you wouldn't pay as much attention to other teams and if they got decisions against them you'd just shrug your shoulders.

Every team feels hard done by at times.

Green-Hibee-7
16-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Fact is you can tell the ref has had a good game if you barely notice he's on the park. That fanny Stephen Finnie makes the game about them. Last season Morton away it was midweek god awful game 0-0. He was the ref. No advantages, stopping the play. Taking about 2-3 mins after any foul to talk to a player. He slows the game down which allows every team in this league we play to get 10 behind the ball and sit in and have a breather.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 11:23 AM

I don't think that is right at all. When I see someone failing in basic tasks I don't accuse them of cheating. You review training and competence and understanding of what is required. That is the issue that the SFA have. If we say that there is cheating then we have to have a justifiable reason for it. In my opinion, we are better than that that both as a club and a support.

Keith_M
16-10-2016, 02:03 PM
People keep telling me that the decisions even themselves out over the season.

That is patently b0ll0x.

I don't consider myself paranoid and I honestly don't think there is a widespread agenda against Hibs, it's just that we seem to have suffered really badly in the last few years from awful decisions.

How many times have opposing teams been given retrospective red cards, meaning we should have been playing ten men during the game but didn't and now we're having to play games with ten when our player has the red retrospectively rescinded. Add to that players that should have been sent off (e.g. Black), penalties given for fouls outside the box (same game) and legitimate goals unseen by the officials and it really p1sses me off.

Yes. are not playing to our full potential but that really doesn't make any of this acceptable. I'm starting to wish Lennon would now have one of his customary rants against the Refs.

brog
16-10-2016, 02:23 PM
If either of the uglies playing in derbies had 2 goals disallowed, one when the ball was 2 yards over the line & one which was 3 yards onside there would have been mayhem, calls for FA inquiries & the rags would have been full of it for months. I agree theres no point in going to the SFA/SFPL but equally theres no benefit in us continuing to roll over
However im confident in LD being the right person to ensure we're no longer patsies for every incompetent ref in Scotland.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2016, 03:09 PM
There's as much chance of getting the SFA or SPFL to admit there's a problem with refs as there is of getting Sevco to admit they have a problem with sectarianism.

The approach we need to take to this is not to get the blazers to admit that the refs are rank, but to get them to acknowledge that they are far too quick to get the red cards out. Refs everywhere with the encouragement of UEFA and FIFA appear to have forgotten that the order of punishment for foul play is ........ 1) an indirect free kick ..... 2) a direct free kick ...... 3) a yellow card ...... 4) a second yellow making a red ...... 5) a straight red card.

A straight red card is supposed to be the refs last resort and apart from a last man professional foul should only be produced for reckless dangerous play or deliberate and dangerous foul play. Given that state of affairs the one thing you want to see refs do is take a breath and perhaps even consult with their assistants if they also saw the incident before they give a player a straight red .... in both incidents with Bartley this season the ref had his card out quicker than a wild west gunslinger's pistol.

We also need consistency ..... This season already I have watched a Sevco player at Dundee get away with a foul that should have been a straight red, never mind a second yellow following the one he had already been given and Craig Gordon of Celtic absolutely clean out an opposition forward outside his box and only get a yellow. The Sevco player concerned was running about like a madman diving into tackles, he had clearly lost the plot and yet the ref ( surprise, surprise Craig Thomson ) didn't judge him to be reckless. Gordon's challenge was like something out of WWF and the decision not to send him off was as ridiculous as the one that the ref made yesterday to send off Bartley.

Hibs and possibly other clubs need to be producing films of these clear cardable incidents and asking why Marvin Bartley is getting a straight red card for two challenges that merited at worst a booking when these other incidents were dealt with so leniently.

northstandhibby
16-10-2016, 03:20 PM
There's as much chance of getting the SFA or SPFL to admit there's a problem with refs as there is of getting Sevco to admit they have a problem with sectarianism.

The approach we need to take to this is not to get the blazers to admit that the refs are rank, but to get them to acknowledge that they are far too quick to get the red cards out. Refs everywhere with the encouragement of UEFA and FIFA appear to have forgotten that the order of punishment for foul play is ........ 1) an indirect free kick ..... 2) a direct free kick ...... 3) a yellow card ...... 4) a second yellow making a red ...... 5) a straight red card.

A straight red card is supposed to be the refs last resort and apart from a last man professional foul should only be produced for reckless dangerous play or deliberate and dangerous foul play. Given that state of affairs the one thing you want to see refs do is take a breath and perhaps even consult with their assistants if they also saw the incident before they give a player a straight red .... in both incidents with Bartley this season the ref had his card out quicker than a wild west gunslinger's pistol.

We also need consistency ..... This season already I have watched a Sevco player at Dundee get away with a foul that should have been a straight red, never mind a second yellow following the one he had already been given and Craig Gordon of Celtic absolutely clean out an opposition forward outside his box and only get a yellow. The Sevco player concerned was running about like a madman diving into tackles, he had clearly lost the plot and yet the ref ( surprise, surprise Craig Thomson ) didn't judge him to be reckless. Gordon's challenge was like something out of WWF and the decision not to send him off was as ridiculous as the one that the ref made yesterday to send off Bartley.

Hibs and possibly other clubs need to be producing films of these clear cardable incidents and asking why Marvin Bartley is getting a straight red card for two challenges that merited at worst a booking when these other incidents were dealt with so leniently.

Hear Hear

Very well put indeed Sir.

GGTTH

Pete
16-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Even if we did approach them and they had an internal discussion, I can imagine their conclusions.

A. This is that team who embarrassed Rangers and who's fans wrecked our ground.

B. Their manager is a fenian *******.

Nothing to see here, move along.

The Captain....
16-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure of the merit in making our complaints against officials public. I think it would be more likely to backfire as the SFA would close ranks and we'd be left looking like we were whingeing.

That's not to say we've been on the end of some shocking decisions from refs over the past couple of seasons..we have and were again yesterday without doubt.

Another thing I've noticed is that Lennon seems to come in for special attention from refs, other managers/assistants rant at the officials all game and no talking to, yet Lennon is often pulled up for the same. I'm not saying its right but given the standard of refereeing we've faced understandable, I just think if they're going to make a big show of stopping the game and speaking to a manager for questioning the officials they should be even handed about it.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 03:30 PM

is that a reference to the sparky freekick against the grunts at ER ? if so, that wasn't incompetence...it was downright cheating by the east stand lineman, it was just coincidence he's a jambo ****, but of course not a lot was made of it in the media

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 03:42 PM
is that a reference to the sparky freekick against the grunts at ER ? if so, that wasn't incompetence...it was downright cheating by the east stand lineman, it was just coincidence he's a jambo ****, but of course not a lot was made of it in the media

Aye it was. Same carry on with the hand ball in the play offs last year. As you say there is bad calls and then there is what appears to be flat out bias calls. It appears we have been seen as soft touches for a while now.

calumhibee1
16-10-2016, 03:45 PM
As someone said, these decisions don't even themselves out as we'd be pissing ourselves laughing if we got some of these decisions going our way. We've been ****ed over big time by some of the most laughable decisions in Scottish football at a ridiculous frequency. Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing we can do.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Aye it was. Same carry on with the hand ball in the play offs last year. As you say there is bad calls and then there is what appears to be flat out bias calls. It appears we have been seen as soft touches for a while now.

said 'goal'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2291090/Hibernian-ghost-goal-Leigh-Griffiths-denied-Edinburgh-derby-Hearts.html

unfortunately the daily mail came up first on google :greengrin absolutely criminal :agree:

Pretty Boy
16-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Approaching the SFA won't make one bit difference. There's really 2 options; either referees in this country are glaringly incompetent or they are cheats. I used to lean towards one but the other looks increasingly likely. If it's the latter then they are hardly going to admit it, if it's the former I can imagine the liquid lunch (sorry meeting) now:

'The fenians have been on the phone about referees again'

'The East coast or west coast ones?'

'East, that lot are paranoid'

'Aye it's never been the same since Hugh left'

'You're right there, a character. Remember that email...? Ha ha ha'

'More wine over here'

Much like player performance it seems there's just an acceptance about mediocre refereeing standards from the powers that be.

Onion
16-10-2016, 03:55 PM
As someone said, these decisions don't even themselves out as we'd be pissing ourselves laughing if we got some of these decisions going our way. We've been ****ed over big time by some of the most laughable decisions in Scottish football at a ridiculous frequency. Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing we can do.

Yes there is. We could stick it to the authorities by putting the ball in the net. In all the games we've had injustice, we've had more than enough chances to win the match and shut everyone up.

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 04:04 PM
said 'goal'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2291090/Hibernian-ghost-goal-Leigh-Griffiths-denied-Edinburgh-derby-Hearts.html

unfortunately the daily mail came up first on google :greengrin absolutely criminal :agree:

Aww don't. It gets closer to the back of the net every time I see it.

It's ludicrous. I'm a reasonable guy and I am of no opinion there is some kind of agenda against Hibs but how on earth do such bizarre calls always go against us?

northstandhibby
16-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Approaching the SFA won't make one bit difference. There's really 2 options; either referees in this country are glaringly incompetent or they are cheats. I used to lean towards one but the other looks increasingly likely. If it's the latter then they are hardly going to admit it, if it's the former I can imagine the liquid lunch (sorry meeting) now:

'The fenians have been on the phone about referees again'

'The East coast or west coast ones?'

'East, that lot are paranoid'

'Aye it's never been the same since Hugh left'

'You're right there, a character. Remember that email...? Ha ha ha'

'More wine over here'

Much like player performance it seems there's just an acceptance about mediocre refereeing standards from the powers that be.

Hugh Dallas was sacked a number of years ago for the bigoted e-mail. His understudy Jim Fleming took over as Head of Referee Development and is still in charge of referees at the SFA.

Referees are self employed and are on a list of available whistlers for hire by the SFA when required.

I would suggest contacting Hugh Dallas's prodigy Jim Fleming and pointing out to him the shockingly inept refereeing taking place at Hibs games and seeing what his response is if any response is forthcoming.

It may be he has a word in the whistlers ears to lay off for a bit at least if heat is being turned on him.

It is worth a shot possibly and I will be penning a letter suggesting Mr Finnie was wrongful to send off poor Marvin who seems to be getting a raw deal.

I would hate to think it may not only a bigoted matter but could possibly be a racist one as well?

GGTTH

CentreLine
16-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Hugh Dallas was sacked a number of years ago for the bigoted e-mail. His understudy Jim Fleming took over as Head of Referee Development and is still in charge of referees at the SFA.

Referees are self employed and are on a list of available whistlers for hire by the SFA when required.

I would suggest contacting Hugh Dallas's prodigy Jim Fleming and pointing out to him the shockingly inept refereeing taking place at Hibs games and seeing what his response is if any response is forthcoming.

It may be he has a word in the whistlers ears to lay off for a bit at least if heat is being turned on him.

It is worth a shot possibly and I will be penning a letter suggesting Mr Finnie was wrongful to send off poor Marvin who seems to be getting a raw deal.

I would hate to think it may not only a bigoted matter but could possibly be a racist one as well?

GGTTH

There are some very clever people on here who seem to have the ability to put together video clips. Would it be possible to put a video together showcasing all of the refereeing blunders against us and stick it on YouTube. I'm convinced it would go viral and our "friends " in the media would not be able to ignore it.

mca
16-10-2016, 10:22 PM
I Once had The Pleasure of Running about with Les Mottram at a local park.. i was only a Kid.. and he Asked me what Team i Supported -

Then He Told Me - He really Hated the fcking Hibees.. :agree: even spitting the words oot

After that i threw some eggs at his hoose.. :wink: He had a Good "World-Cup" That year.. Phanny http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Corruption or Even Biased Referees Does Not Surprise me..