PDA

View Full Version : Bartley sending off

Pages : [1] 2

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 09:08 AM
The highlights are up on hibs tv now. As I and others said yesterday it has to be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. If this is what we are going to be up against this season, we will need to be extremely careful.

16-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Bartley is just trying to get his body in front of him.

Who was that number 11 for raith. He was winding up the hibs fans and seemed like a right little fud.

Enough said
16-10-2016, 09:23 AM
The highlights are up on hibs tv now. As I and others said yesterday it has to be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. If this is what we are going to be up against this season, we will need to be extremely careful.
Link??

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Link??
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

Enough said
16-10-2016, 09:26 AM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

Cheers bud

Jim44
16-10-2016, 09:33 AM
The videos are only 30 second clips.

bigwheel
16-10-2016, 09:44 AM
watched it a few times now...Bartley does put his forearm/elbow out as he goes in for at the challenge...not even sure he connects , and it wasn't particularly aggressive....very soft.

That said, he gives the referee a call to make, so was very stupid...sending off or not.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Another bizarre sending off by a ref who was so determined to give us nothing he can only be a the the rangers man dishing out a bit of punishment for our temerity at winning the cup.

Wonder if the authorities will be able to bring themselves to overturn this one as well? Makes the refs look a bit stupid.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Bartley does appear to lead with his elbow but I can't really make it out. Certainly can't make out any malicious intent. Their number 11 is clearly incensed about something or he could just be the biggest fud on the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough said
16-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Only works for 30 seconds

Billy Whizz
16-10-2016, 10:07 AM
We'll appeal this, very very soft

The Green Goblin
16-10-2016, 10:09 AM
I suspect the trick here is to appeal without any added sense of grievance, as if it was just any other appeal.

StevieT
16-10-2016, 10:13 AM
I haven't watched the clip yet but at the game I was certain that Bartley flicked out (aimed a kick) with his left foot. I said to those around me that it was Bartley who was going and was proven to be correct. Very stupid and gave the referee a decision to make. Bartley does take some stick on the pitch because he is a no nonsense type of player and lesser players will want to mix it with him. He needs to control himself better as he lets everyone down when he does things like this.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 10:14 AM
How anyone can say he gave the ref a decision to make is beyond me, FFS this is a fitba match, its a contact game. :confused:

Tom Hart RIP
16-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Ref seems to indicate that it was for a kick out after play stopped. Impossible to tell from TV but to be fair to ref he was a few yards away. The Raith players attitude seems to back up the decision unless he was play acting? Unless there is other TV coverage I can't see a successful appeal as MBs act or lack of act is blocked by refs body. It will be the refs word against MBs and I think we know who will be believed.

superfurryhibby
16-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Poor quality so hard to say what happened, but it looks like an elbow to the chest. WTF was he thinking! Ref was right on the spot.

Killiehibbie
16-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I haven't watched the clip yet but at the game I was certain that Bartley flicked out (aimed a kick) with his left foot. I said to those around me that it was Bartley who was going and was proven to be correct. Very stupid and gave the referee a decision to make. Bartley does take some stick on the pitch because he is a no nonsense type of player and lesser players will want to mix it with him. He needs to control himself better as he lets everyone down when he does things like this.Is it always straight red for that?

StevieT
16-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Is it always straight red for that?

Kick or attempt to kick an opponent is a red card offence. It's not clear from the clip shown but I was 100% certain at the game that it was Bartley who was going to walk.

StevieT
16-10-2016, 10:29 AM
How anyone can say he gave the ref a decision to make is beyond me, FFS this is a fitba match, its a contact game. :confused:

Correct Blackpool, it is a contact game but you can't kick out at an opponent regardless of how feeble an attempt it is. As soon as he does that, and the referee sees it then the referee has a decision to make.

Argylehibby
16-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Ref seems to indicate that it was for a kick out after play stopped. Impossible to tell from TV but to be fair to ref he was a few yards away. The Raith players attitude seems to back up the decision unless he was play acting? Unless there is other TV coverage I can't see a successful appeal as MBs act or lack of act is blocked by refs body. It will be the refs word against MBs and I think we know who will be believed.

I've not seen the clip yet but on the basis we were given the free kick then it makes more sense that it was for a kick out after the original foul. The Raith player also looked like he was explaining that to one of our players before the game restarted.

StevieCowan
16-10-2016, 10:32 AM
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=609

Never a red card in a million years.

DaveF
16-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Kick or attempt to kick an opponent is a red card offence. It's not clear from the clip shown but I was 100% certain at the game that it was Bartley who was going to walk.

But players kick and trip each other the whole game.

coldingham hibs
16-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Just watched the Raith Highlights, definite red card, Bartley clearly kicking out at the Raith player, soft but stupid. Clear penalty for the challenge on Holt, I don't know how that wasn't given.

northstandhibby
16-10-2016, 10:36 AM

If that is a red card then games would be reduced to 7 a side.

Finnie took the opportunity to send off Bartley.

A hun referee.

GGTTH

lucky
16-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Just watched the Raith Highlights, definite red card, Bartley clearly kicking out at the Raith player, soft but stupid. Clear penalty for the challenge on Holt, I don't know how that wasn't given.

Never a red card. I can't see Bartley kicking out

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Anyone that says that is a clear sending off from that angle. Where on earth are you seeing the kick out? Are you just filling in the blank because the referee is obstructing the view then that must be what happened?

FastEddieFelson
what a bizarre incident. can't see anything wrong with it, but why is their number 11 going so mental?

Leithenhibby

I've watched this over a few times, and it is never a red card in your life. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see what the club do about it, more importantly, what the spfl committee do about the standard of refereeing in the championship.

Poor at best.

B.H.F.C
16-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Never a red card. I can't see Bartley kicking out

He has a wee flick with the left leg after the ball is gone. If you're getting a straight red for that the game is goosed. Or the ref is cheating. Or both.

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2016, 10:49 AM
I've watched this over a few times, and it is never a red card in your life. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see what the club do about it, more importantly, what the spfl committee do about the standard of refereeing in the championship.

Poor at best.

That is disgusting. This is costing us big time.

Leithenhibby
16-10-2016, 10:52 AM
That is disgusting. This is costing us big time.

:agree:

Just watched it again and it's not even a yellow for me. Nothing in it whatsoever.

matty_f
16-10-2016, 10:55 AM

Poor at best.
Totally agree. There's no offence in there at all as far as I can see.

I hope it's successfully appealed, and when it is, I hope Lennon is in the media pointing out how often this has happened to us.

Northernhibee
16-10-2016, 10:58 AM
You'd almost think we were being punished after the cup final.

Hibee87
16-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Has it been reported what the red was for? A kick, a elbowz something else?

Watched and 're watched about 10 times and I see no red card offence. His elbow is up, but not in a malicious way, just the way he is jumping. Likewise he left leg is Lutz but not kicking and if anything is also just the way his body is when he jumps.
There is no way we won't appeal this. Cheated again is all that can be said

PeeJay
16-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Must admit, I think it was a difficult decision, but the ref has to call it straight away, had to watch the replay myself several times to conclude red was probably correct (the ball has gone and Bartley follows through to connect with the leg of the RR player involved, is how I see it). Having watched the highlights courtesy of RR, I'd say we need to worry less abour red cards and more about how poor we are as a team ... too many frustrated, snatched punts at goal from 25 yards plus, too many so-called "chances" taken by defenders such as Hanlon and Gray, Holt looks to me like he is playing in a league one step up too far for him, didn't see superstar Cummings much in the box apart from a truly feeble effort he had in the first half - We'll win most, draw some and lose some in this league, we will most certainly not skoosh it, unless things change radically - astonished anybody thinks this performance level is good. Being top of the league today really doesn't mean much and I'm not sure this team isn't already playing at its best or if it can get better, can it maintain a consist run in to the end, I'm not convinced .... time will tell.

Green-Hibee-7
16-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Someone pointed me in the direction of a tweet that number 11 put up last season. Along the lines of slagging Hibs for attendances or something like that.. Stunk of being a Rangers man. If Bartley is going to get sent off for that I'd rather he did properly connect with the wee pleb and least merit the sending off. The way the boy reacted looking for a fight with Marv acting the wee hard man - Bartley would eat the boy alive! In saying that Bartley always reacts to getting fouled. He's got a short fuse..

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 11:06 AM
People saying this is a red need sectioned. Blatantly wanting to appear knowledgable about the game when really you just look like idiots. Clear as day that we've been conned by that scrote number 11 not a chance that is a red two players coming together both going for a ball is NEVER a red if it is then just cancel contact in this sport. I've played and watched football my whole life and I can say without any doubt that is the most bizarre decision I have ever seen in a football pitch.

O'Rourke3
16-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Can't see how anyone can conclude a red from that footage. Might be the angle but I can't see Marv do anything but fall. The playacting is all about the punishment the Rovers player thinks he's getting.

emerald green
16-10-2016, 11:12 AM
From what I've now seen, Bartley warranted no more than a yellow card, if that. A straight red card was ridiculous. I've seen much worse stuff than that go totally unpunished week after week.

What is crystal clear though, is that the referee couldn't wait to send him off. I wonder why?

The RR player's theatrics were a disgrace too.

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Poor quality so hard to say what happened, but it looks like an elbow to the chest. WTF was he thinking! Ref was right on the spot.
You're saying it's hard to say what happened, but then you say the ref was spot on! Added to the fact he wasn't sent off for an elbow to the chest, Lennon confirmed it was for a kick out that he described as a trip. You clearly have an agenda that makes your opinion on this worthless.

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Has it been reported what the red was for? A kick, a elbowz something else?

Watched and 're watched about 10 times and I see no red card offence. His elbow is up, but not in a malicious way, just the way he is jumping. Likewise he left leg is Lutz but not kicking and if anything is also just the way his body is when he jumps.
There is no way we won't appeal this. Cheated again is all that can be said
Lennon says in his interview on hibs tv that it was for a kick out.

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2016, 11:15 AM
People saying this is a red need sectioned. Blatantly wanting to appear knowledgable about the game when really you just look like idiots. Clear as day that we've been conned by that scrote number 11 not a chance that is a red two players coming together both going for a ball is NEVER a red if it is then just cancel contact in this sport. I've played and watched football my whole life and I can say without any doubt that is the most bizarre decision I have ever seen in a football pitch.

I've got a junior ref trying to tell me it's malicious, Bartley knows what he's doing and it's clear from the Raith players reaction. Aye ok. Oh, he also happens to be a Raith fan

HH81
16-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Awful decision the ref should be given next week.

Idiot.

HappyHanlon
16-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Must admit, I think it was a difficult decision, but the ref has to call it straight away, had to watch the replay myself several times to conclude red was probably correct (the ball has gone and Bartley follows through to connect with the leg of the RR player involved, is how I see it). Having watched the highlights courtesy of RR, I'd say we need to worry less abour red cards and more about how poor we are as a team ... too many frustrated, snatched punts at goal from 25 yards plus, too many so-called "chances" taken by defenders such as Hanlon and Gray, Holt looks to me like he is playing in a league one step up too far for him, didn't see superstar Cummings much in the box apart from a truly feeble effort he had in the first half - We'll win most, draw some and lose some in this league, we will most certainly not skoosh it, unless things change radically - astonished anybody thinks this performance level is good. Being top of the league today really doesn't mean much and I'm not sure this team isn't already playing at its best or if it can get better, can it maintain a consist run in to the end, I'm not convinced .... time will tell.

No offence but that's pish.

Marvin wins the ball and the players come together. Legs collide and the fact that Finne gives us a freekick makes it even weirder. I'd guess the freekick is for Barr impeding Bartley so how can be sent off?

Heisenberg
16-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Someone pointed me in the direction of a tweet that number 11 put up last season. Along the lines of slagging Hibs for attendances or something like that.. Stunk of being a Rangers man. If Bartley is going to get sent off for that I'd rather he did properly connect with the wee pleb and least merit the sending off. The way the boy reacted looking for a fight with Marv acting the wee hard man - Bartley would eat the boy alive! In saying that Bartley always reacts to getting fouled. He's got a short fuse..

Aye the boy who fouled Bartley then acted like a dramatic wee fud is a Hun. Bartley didn't deserve a red card at all. Can't see any tweet now so he must've deleted it.

J-C
16-10-2016, 11:18 AM
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=609Never a red card in a million years.Truly bizarre sending off, got to be rescinded.

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 11:20 AM
I've got a junior ref trying to tell me it's malicious, Bartley knows what he's doing and it's clear from the Raith players reaction. Aye ok. Oh, he also happens to be a Raith fan

So Bartley getting clattered by the raith player and then taking a tumble is a red? I'd report your referee mate to the SFA if he thinks that's a red, needs to sit his test again.

Liam89
16-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Possibly the strangest red card I've ever seen. Ref should be made to explain his decision in front of a jury!

lucky
16-10-2016, 11:22 AM

Holt was excellent yesterday and is certainly not playing in a league above his ability. I don't get you dig at JC, he's our top scorer and yesterday whilst not scoring put in a lot of effort for the team. Still don't see the sending of as a red. Being top of the league is everything and that's where we will stay. You seem to have a lot negativity against Hibs in your post

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 11:22 AM
I actually can't believe there are people on this planet that think that is a red card. I think every game in the country would end minus players if this is the case. This forum makes the mind boggle sometimes, people desperate to appear football knowledgable and to know a rule about this sport that doesn't exist.

emerald green
16-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Aye the boy who fouled Bartley then acted like a dramatic wee fud is a Hun. Bartley didn't deserve a red card at all. Can't see any tweet now so he must've deleted it.

There are lots of them playing in this league. Just something else the Hibs players and management need to be aware of.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Correct Blackpool, it is a contact game but you can't kick out at an opponent regardless of how feeble an attempt it is. As soon as he does that, and the referee sees it then the referee has a decision to make.

Just watched it again in much better quality, and it is never a sending off in a million years. Another ridiculous decision from another incompetent Scottish referee.

Referee's have decisions to make all game, the good ones make the right ones.

neil7908
16-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Never ever a red but calling this right now - it won't be rescinded as the SFA will not want to admit their refs incorrect sent off the same Hibs player twice within a month

Argylehibby
16-10-2016, 11:32 AM
If that was a red card offence then their guy that clattered Boyle when he was passing him on our left wing should be facing a 2 year stretch in Saughton.

neil7908
16-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Also can't for the life of me understand the Raith players reaction. It's like Bartley kicked him in the nuts or poked him in the eye. Not sore how he's survived as a professional footballer if that's how he reacts to a simple coming together.

stantonsboots
16-10-2016, 11:37 AM
watched it a few times now...Bartley does put his forearm/elbow out as he goes in for at the challenge...not even sure he connects , and it wasn't particularly aggressive....very soft.

That said, he gives the referee a call to make, so was very stupid...sending off or not.really?

Paloschi
16-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Bobby Barr, their number 11 is a Rangers fan and a fud. That is why he reacted like that to get Bartley sent off, however the ref seems to make the decision even before Bartley sticks out his arm? He didn't even think about it. Cheating.

bigwheel
16-10-2016, 11:47 AM
really?

Nah. Just made it up. [emoji42][emoji42]

PeeJay
16-10-2016, 11:55 AM

Think you are wrong myself: the contact was made with the player cleary after the ball had gone: that's the problem. Nothing against contact in the game when challenging for the ball, but the ball has to be involved, it wasn't at the time! Put yourself in the referee's position and having to decide straight away ...

fife hfc
16-10-2016, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Argylehibby;4838419]If that was a red card offence then their guy that clattered Boyle when he was passing him on our left wing should be facing a 2 year stretch in Saughton

I may be wrong but I think the ref didnae book him or was that another foul in that area. Finnie was a joke and the penalty claim was ridiculous.

superfurryhibby
16-10-2016, 11:56 AM
You're saying it's hard to say what happened, but then you say the ref was spot on! Added to the fact he wasn't sent off for an elbow to the chest, Lennon confirmed it was for a kick out that he described as a trip. You clearly have an agenda that makes your opinion on this worthless.

WTF are you on about. Trying reading and not just wading in. I said the ref was on the spot, not spot on! I couldn't see what it was about from the quality of the video, but the ref was a few yards away and unimpeded in his view.

Care to elaborate on my agenda?

greenlex
16-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Never a red card. There is no kick out and there is no elbow. Hes played the ball and his momentum carries him on. Presumably the ref has already blow as Hibs get a free kick for a previous infringement. Its not even a foul. Total Joke.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Watched it a few times on RR TV now and if that's a sending off we might as well put all the players in dresses and give them handbags, I've seen tougher challenges playing walking football. The RR player clearly over reacted trying to get Bartley sent off.

In both Bartley sendings off this season the refs have gone straight to the top pocket without giving themselves a second to think ... perhaps if they stopped for a second to consider the decision they wouldn't make so many mistakes. A straight red card is for 'serious foul play' usually accompanied by either malice aforethought or reckless play ... neither of which I would have said applied in either case with Bartley.

From the RR highlights it appears the ref allows a RR defender to get away with grabbing Hanlon's shirt in the RR box as he goes for a header and ignores a clear handball in the box from the throw in ..... he had a clear view of both incidents. I would love him to justify why he thought neither was a foul.

superfurryhibby
16-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Ps: Bartley's at a clearing header moments before. Not very good.

greenlex
16-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Here it is about 5 mins in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8ycKqVvIo

PeeJay
16-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Holt was excellent yesterday and is certainly not playing in a league above his ability. I don't get you dig at JC, he's our top scorer and yesterday whilst not scoring put in a lot of effort for the team. Still don't see the sending of as a red. Being top of the league is everything and that's where we will stay. You seem to have a lot negativity against Hibs in your post

As mentioned in my post, I only saw the highlights, maybe everything was different from the RR edited highlights??? Anyway, if you rate Holt so highly that's fine by me, on today's highlights and most of what I've seen there's no reason for me to. My Cummings' dig as you call it, was based on the fact that he was only in the box once as far as I could see and his effort was feeble - again, maybe RRTV left out all the good bits (?), It was an observation on my part, as to my "negativity" - it's mainly to do with what the club is offering us on the park as I see it, it's my opinion. If you are happy with what is being offered then it is a sign (IMO) of how low standards have dropped. Being top of the league is surely only "everything", when it counts: on the final day?

Borderhibbie76
16-10-2016, 12:14 PM
I haven't watched the clip yet but at the game I was certain that Bartley flicked out (aimed a kick) with his left foot. I said to those around me that it was Bartley who was going and was proven to be correct. Very stupid and gave the referee a decision to make. Bartley does take some stick on the pitch because he is a no nonsense type of player and lesser players will want to mix it with him. He needs to control himself better as he lets everyone down when he does things like this.
Your having a laugh mate if u think this is a red card??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
16-10-2016, 12:14 PM
If the ref was biased he'd have given a penalty when their guy dived, or at least not given him a yellow.

He was just ****.

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 12:16 PM
WTF are you on about. Trying reading and not just wading in. I said the ref was on the spot, not spot on! I couldn't see what it was about from the quality of the video, but the ref was a few yards away and unimpeded in his view.

Care to elaborate on my agenda?
You said it looks like an elbow to the chest and went on to ask wtf was he thinking. It wasn't an elbow to the chest so he wasn't thinking anything.

lucky
16-10-2016, 12:22 PM
As mentioned in my post, I only saw the highlights, maybe everything was different from the RR edited highlights??? Anyway, if you rate Holt so highly that's fine by me, on today's highlights and most of what I've seen there's no reason for me to. My Cummings' dig as you call it, was based on the fact that he was only in the box once as far as I could see and his effort was feeble - again, maybe RRTV left out all the good bits (?), It was an observation on my part, as to my "negativity" - it's mainly to do with what the club is offering us on the park as I see it, it's my opinion. If you are happy with what is being offered then it is a sign (IMO) of how low standards have dropped. Being top of the league is surely only "everything", when it counts: on the final day?

If weren't top of the league you'd have moaned that we are not top of the league. Hibs played well yesterday in the second half. But to put a post up moaning at players based on highlights is daft in my opinion.

Just Jimmy
That is ridiculous. I don't have anything else to add. Frankly it's beyond words.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Booked4Being-Ugly
It was never a red card. In fact it should have been the Raith player booked for impeding Bartley. Shocking decision!

Monktonhall 7
16-10-2016, 12:25 PM
At the game, I couldn't understand why it could've been a straight red, on video it's an absolute joke of a decision made by an absolute joke of a ref.

HibbyKeith
16-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Never a red card. There is no kick out and there is no elbow. Hes played the ball and his momentum carries him on. Presumably the ref has already blow as Hibs get a free kick for a previous infringement. Its not even a foul. Total Joke.

This!

Where is Marvin supposed to put his left leg once he has played the ball? He is running forward. Marvin's foot is halfway up the shin, but it looks to me like he's almost trying to skip past the guy when the Raith guy runs in front of him.

Yes there is contact, but if anything its obstruction against the raith player. Ref should have been playing advantage as we had the ball.

Shocking decision.

FitbaFolkKen
16-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Totally agree. The first couple of times I watched it I couldn't see anything wrong with it, but looking at the movement of his left leg after he plays the ball with his right I can see why the ref made the decision. It does look like Bartley swung a kick at their boy.

I don't think it will get rescinded.

superfurryhibby
16-10-2016, 12:28 PM
You said it looks like an elbow to the chest and went on to ask wtf was he thinking. It wasn't an elbow to the chest so he wasn't thinking anything.

Having looked at better quality vid several times, Bartley's elbow was raised. Whether it connected deliberately or otherwise, I can't say. At the time of the first vid, when I commented it seemed that that was the basis for the sending off.

It now seems that we have better footage, it's inconclusive whether there was any contact, but there is also the question of intent. The ref clearly felt he had been given a decision to make and called it red. Hardly meriting a worthless opinion jibe etc?

So, what was the agenda I had? Any chance of enlightening me?

Hibee87
16-10-2016, 12:30 PM
If the ref was biased he'd have given a penalty when their guy dived, or at least not given him a yellow.

He was just ****.

:agree: yup, incompetence pure and simple.

As for all this rangers/gfa/punished for winning cup pish, it's the sort of paranoia we laugh at Celtic for

FitbaFolkKen
16-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Having looked at better quality vid several times, Bartley's elbow was raised. Whether it connected deliberately or otherwise, I can't say. At the time of the first vid, when I commented it seemed that that was the basis for the sending off.

It now seems that we have better footage, it's inconclusive whether there was any contact, but there is also the question of intent. The ref clearly felt he had been given a decision to make and called it red. Hardly meriting a worthless opinion jibe etc?

The ref told Lennon it was for a kick/stamp on the groin, nothing to do with the elbow. It is for the left leg after playing the ball with his right.

This guy has a pretty good quality video of it.

https://twitter.com/Sinclair1875/status/787604217301262337/video/1

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 12:31 PM

You were very quick to criticise Bartley for elbowing the Raith player when he hadn't. Rather than waiting to see better footage of the incident you decided Bartley was guilty.

Hibs1972
16-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Here it is about 5 mins in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8ycKqVvIo
Watched it a few times now,his left peg seems to catch the Raith player but no more than a flick I'd say,got to appeal that me thinks!!

Captain Trips
16-10-2016, 12:33 PM
I find that sending off to be an utter pile of pish.

Leithenhibby
16-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Watched it a few times on RR TV now and if that's a sending off we might as well put all the players in dresses and give them handbags, I've seen tougher challenges playing walking football. The RR player clearly over reacted trying to get Bartley sent off.

In both Bartley sendings off this season the refs have gone straight to the top pocket without giving themselves a second to think ... perhaps if they stopped for a second to consider the decision they wouldn't make so many mistakes. A straight red card is for 'serious foul play' usually accompanied by either malice aforethought or reckless play ... neither of which I would have said applied in either case with Bartley.

From the RR highlights it appears the ref allows a RR defender to get away with grabbing Hanlon's shirt in the RR box as he goes for a header and ignores a clear handball in the box from the throw in ..... he had a clear view of both incidents. I would love him to justify why he thought neither was a foul.

You'd think that they would know better to stand back, give it some thought, breath and make a decision. I can completely understand when a challenge is reckless, both feet or off the ground or just downright thuggery and there is only one colour of card that the Ref can show, but this kind of refereeing puts them in a very bad light.

PeeJay
16-10-2016, 12:42 PM
If weren't top of the league you'd have moaned that we are not top of the league. Hibs played well yesterday in the second half. But to put a post up moaning at players based on highlights is daft in my opinion.

C'mon, this is a football forum where fans moan, I live in Berlin, my opinions are always going to be based on what I see on a screen rather than from a stand, be it a live game or highlights - we are in our third season in this crap league, anybody who isn't moaning at the state of this club is "daft" if you ask me ... :greengrin

hibbysam
16-10-2016, 12:43 PM
The ref told Lennon it was for a kick/stamp on the groin, nothing to do with the elbow. It is for the left leg after playing the ball with his right.

On the groin?? His left leg 'makes contact' with the wee scrotes shin.

madhatter
16-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Two words describe this -

Cheating and Corruption.

How many years have we seen certain teams get alarming number of penalties? Insane numbers actually, probably in record books...
How many years have we been denied clear goals in big games, some that actually contributed to our relegation?
How many yellows and reds are we given for very little when opposing teams get to kick us off the park - I remember last season, it was against Alloa I believe - down by the touchline, twice...I repeat twice they put in leg breaking tackles (two footed, studs showing, both feet leaving the ground) and guess what...no red?
A hilarious example came to mind - the treble handball that wasn't given - anybody remember that?
McCracken temporarily becoming the goalkeeper?

Bartley gets a red for putting his leg into the player to emphasise the late challenge from the Raith player - did they slow the video down or something as if that is a kick then football really should become a non-contact sport for Hibs, not for everyone though as other teams can do whatever they want.

Corrupt!

Onion
16-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Definite problem in the way they deal with red cards that are subsequently rescinded. Reduction to a yellow or complete admonishment is insufficient recompense to player and club - especially where the injustice repeatedly involves the same player and club. There needs to be some form of reward or punishment that helps the referees to be much more objective / honest. Currently, it is far too easy for them to get over-excited at the prospect of being able to send a certain player off or punish/favour certain clubs. Fining the referees might be a start :greengrin

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 12:46 PM
You were very quick to criticise Bartley for elbowing the Raith player when he hadn't. Rather than waiting to see better footage of the incident you decided Bartley was guilty.

Same discussion I've been having. I wouldn't want certain Hibs fans to be my boss at work. One vague "customer complaint" and you would be out the door. Stick by your staff, innocent until proven guilty.

StevieT
16-10-2016, 12:47 PM

I've been a referee for over ten years and called it as a red card at the game. The angle of the video makes it hard to see but from my seat it was easy for the referee if he saw it. He did and therefore Bartley had to walk. May I suggest that you keep your stupid comments to yourself unless you have something valuable to add.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Ridiculous decision. Look back at the rerun and you see the player turn around and look at the Ref and when he sees hand to pocket that's when he decides he is hurt and the acting is to influence the colour of the card. An obvious one to contest and the player who has conned the Ref has questions to answer.

Liam89
16-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Bartley says on his twitter that the ref said it was for a high foot in the groin... He also mentioned that the Raith player was moaning that Bartley was a diver! It just doesn't add up. The ref has made a ludicrously inept decision.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 12:54 PM
i wonder if the Raith Rovers number 11 is proud of himself today....he's a 'Barr' alright

ahibby
16-10-2016, 12:55 PM
All I could see was a hand up towards the Raith players face but I'm not sure there was contact. I think his hand was out and up because he was falling. Whether he deliberately took the guy out and fell we will never know. If it stands it will be the softest and most disputable red that I've seen in my time watching Hibs.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2016, 12:56 PM
I've been a referee for over ten years and called it as a red card at the game. The angle of the video makes it hard to see but from my seat it was easy for the referee if he saw it. He did and therefore Bartley had to walk. May I suggest that you keep your stupid comments to yourself unless you have something valuable to add.
Refs never get it wrong so end of thread then[emoji6]

Been watching football for many decades, Scotland is becoming a bigger laughing stock for refereeing decisions in recent years in particular.

Like bartleys one against Ayr I'll put this one in the incompetent verging on giving hibs a kicking pile.

Heisenberg
16-10-2016, 01:00 PM
This surely has to get rescinded. Watched it several times and it's never a red card.

Jack Hackett
16-10-2016, 01:01 PM
On the groin?? His left leg 'makes contact' with the wee scrotes shin.

This is what I see. Considering both players are facing away from the ref, I fail to see how he manages to see a kick in the groin. Momentum is another consideration. Marv has just nicked the ball away with his right, and considering he's going forward, the left leg is the next he's going to use to continue going forward. Barr just gets in the way.

Jack Hackett
16-10-2016, 01:05 PM

The key phrase there is "if he saw it". The ref was directly in line between the camera and the incident and had the same view the camera did, albeit from a lower angle

blackpoolhibs

Steve, i have been watching football for over 50 years, and if that is a sending off my erse is a doughnut. :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
righty, watched it 36 times....Barr will be getting a nomination for an Emmy

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4wRgsmQPDb8nkavUnZoJsJIIRqDbq-I-uuEBJI-lF3xJ5_LLq

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Never a red in a million years.....If you think it is, you can't be a very good referee

Onion
16-10-2016, 01:10 PM

First time I've seen this. WTF ????

Boyle89
16-10-2016, 01:15 PM
The ref blows the whistle straight away and had his hand in his pocket within a second. Looked as if he was always going to send of marv regardless of what happened. When was the last time we got a soft as sh@t red card go for us?!

Onion
16-10-2016, 01:19 PM
This surely has to get rescinded. Watched it several times and it's never a red card.

On appeal, expect the ref to claim that Bartley had a knife or that the proximity of the Hibs player to the opponent fell into the Sevco interpretation of "attack".

Liam978
16-10-2016, 01:20 PM

Ok Stevie, you saw it as a red but don't say if it was retaliatory, so please explain why we got the free kick,as obviously you were in the main stand so as your angle could be so different from mine and many others behind the goals.

Glory Lurker
16-10-2016, 01:21 PM
What did we get the free kick for?

3pm
16-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Never a red in a million years.....If you think it is, you can't be a very good referee

:hilarious

Hamish
16-10-2016, 01:23 PM
The ref blows the whistle straight away and had his hand in his pocket within a second. Looked as if he was always going to send of marv regardless of what happened. When was the last time we got a soft as sh@t red card go for us?!

He must have done the leg flick out on the blind side of the video, the Rovers player was having a benny.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Disgraceful decision.

Has to be appealed.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Watched the RR TV version a few times now and just couldn't see how the ref could it as a straight red. Now I've watched this a few times and its no more a straight red than I'm Lionel Messi ...... what a piece of nonsense.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 01:30 PM
You will get no abuse from me as to be fair you have experience of a different view on this from the rest of us. What I don't get from looking back at the clip is how the Ref was able to see from there what he has sent the player off for. From the other side maybe but not from there. To me the Ref has made an assumption and that isn't in the rules.

son of haggart
16-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Watched it a few times on the RR site where there is a good slo mo after the incident. I would be raging if that was against Hearts. Don't see enough leg contact though there is a hand to the neck as they go down.

The only thing that gave me pause for thought is that Barr has an aggressive tackle on Keatings directly before the incident and right in front of Bartley. So it could be the Ref thinks the hand or whatever kick he saw was a rush of blood to the head following that and deliberate. If it was just for the tackle no way.

hfc rd
16-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Wouldn't even say it's a foul, never mind a red. Has to be appealed as never a red in a million years!

An abysmal decision by the ref!

Lago
16-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Truly bizarre sending off, got to be rescinded.
I wouldn't bet on it, they will be desperate not to set a precedent in rescinding 2 red cards for the same player.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't bet on it, they will be desperate not to set a precedent in rescinding 2 red cards for the same player.

Unless there is other footage available of the incident then it should be rescinded.

I highly doubt we'll have two successful appeals for the same player inside a month though.

CraigHibee
16-10-2016, 01:53 PM
shocking red card, bartley falls into the guy, there was no malice in it

Killiehibbie
16-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Unless there is other footage available of the incident then it should be rescinded.

I highly doubt we'll have two successful appeals for the same player inside a month though.If the ref has said it was for a kick to the groin I think that would be enough to overturn the decision.

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Watched it on the Raith highlights today. Shows close up and slow motion. I was firmly in the never a red until I seen this. Great call from the ref.

Lago
16-10-2016, 01:59 PM

I highly doubt we'll have two successful appeals for the same player inside a month though.
The problem is that I think this will be a political decision, rather than a football one & if so they will reject the appeal.

greenginger
16-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Watched it on the Raith highlights today. Shows close up and slow motion. I was firmly in the never a red until I seen this. Great call from the ref.

Sorry Cat, not trying to being stupid here, but what do you see ?

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Sorry Cat, not trying to being stupid here, but what do you see ?

Bartley's left leg kicking the Raiths players right leg. Clear as day in the slow mo around 5 mins 20 sec I think.

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 02:02 PM

Haha nae bother Stevie boy, you and big Pierluigi Collina write the rule book aye? Your at it if you think that's a red, most ridiculous decision I've seen at a game in my puff and it looks like the vast majority of fans on this forum agree with me making my "stupid comment" a bit more informed than yours!

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Bartley's left leg kicking the Raiths players right leg. Clear as day in the slow mo around 5 mins 20 sec I think.

That's no more than momentum tho and if that's a red, games are gonna finish 5 a side

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Haha nae bother Stevie boy, you and big Pierluigi Collina write the rule book aye? Your at it if you think that's a red, most ridiculous decision I've seen at a game in my puff and it looks like the vast majority of fans on this forum agree with me making my "stupid comment" a bit more informed than yours!

He's spot on though.

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:06 PM
That's no more than momentum tho and if that's a red, games are gonna finish 5 a side

No chance, if that was against us I'd be screaming for it to be a red. He booted his standing leg so had to go! As I said I couldn't see anything wrong until I seen the replay and it slowed down.

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2016, 02:07 PM
No chance, if that was against us I'd be screaming for it to be a red. He booted his standing leg so had to go! As I said I couldn't see anything wrong until I seen the replay and it slowed down.

I can't disagree more tbh. If that was against us, I wouldn't even notice it. Just like I have no idea why it's a free kick to us.

joebakerforever
16-10-2016, 02:10 PM

One of the freeze frames of the video between 3 - 4 secs appears to show that Bartley's left boot studs are in contact with the lower right leg of Barr.

Finnie also seems to have a perfect view and is focusing on that area.

Overall it looked like MB's momentum had caused the incident, rather than intent, but I can understand why, from the ref's view, he gave a red card.

FWIW, on Open All Mics, Tam McManus (hardly anti-Hibs) reckoned it was for a kick, from his angle.

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 02:11 PM
He's spot on though.

Yous are off yer heads haha there is no way on this planet that's a red. You wouldn't have been screaming for that, you are saying it now because you want to appear like you know something everyone else doesn't. If that's a blatant red then why the massive reaction against it?

green day
16-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Why did you call it a red?

I've watched it back about 6 times and still can't see anything amiss??

As for the refs angle, it's broadly the same as the camera.

I assume we will appeal, and think we will win it.

greenginger
16-10-2016, 02:13 PM

Not the way I see it.

Bartley wins the ball and tries to clear the tackle by raising his left leg. The Raith players leg is raised and Barlely is brought down.

The Raith player does not even complain or rub his leg.

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Yous are off yer heads haha there is no way on this planet that's a red. You wouldn't have been screaming for that, you are saying it now because you want to appear like you know something everyone else doesn't. If that's a blatant red then why the massive reaction against it?

What you on about? I'm calling it because I've seen the replay and slow mo. If you don't think it's a red fine. I do and think he ref was correct on this one.

**** me, I'm sorry for expressing my opinion and reason!!! 😂

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Not the way I see it.

Bartley wins the ball and tries to clear the tackle by raising his left leg. The Raith players leg is raised and Barlely is brought down.

The Raith player does not even complain or rub his leg.

That's fair enough if you see it that way. I don't myself and feel Bartley knew what he was doing. If we appeal and win then I'll not be complaining that's for sure. I'll be surprised though!

greenlex
16-10-2016, 02:21 PM
He's spot on though.

I'm watching the same footage as you and I just dont see it Cat. It's no even a foul. Poor decision.

Thecat23
16-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm watching the same footage as you and I just dont see it Cat. It's no even a foul. Poor decision.

Have to agree to disagree on this one Lex. 👍🏼

greenlex
16-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Have to agree to disagree on this one Lex. 👍🏼

👍

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 02:28 PM
me thinks things shall be a lot clearer tomorrow, whether the club decides to appeal, or not

3pm
16-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Bobby Barr was calling Bartley a diver (according to MB). Indicates to me the boy never even thought he'd been fouled if that's his reaction?

3pm
16-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Is it 3 matches if there is no appeal / we lost the appeal?

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 02:48 PM

Won't be slagging you for expressing an opinion but I couldn't disagree more.

I didn't see it as a kick at all. I saw it as a natural movement following a clattering between him and Barr and Bartley stumbling forward as he attempts to stay on his feet.

There is nothing more to it than that.

I've watched it around 10 times now and still don't see any kick or any other sort of movement by Bartley, which would be worthy of a red card.

StevieT
16-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Ok Stevie, you saw it as a red but don't say if it was retaliatory, so please explain why we got the free kick,as obviously you were in the main stand so as your angle could be so different from mine and many others behind the goals.

Liam I was behind the goals but near the corner flag. This means I had a good view of what happened (Better than the referee IMO). We got the free kick because Bartley was fouled. As he was falling forward, IMO he flicked out at the Raith player with his left leg. There was no retaliation, just stupidity / frustration. I was surprised that the referee saw it from his angle, but I wasn't surprised to see that it was Bartley who got the red. I'm in no way saying the referee was good...in fact far from it. It was probably the most incompetent performances seen for a long time but I still think that he got this right....even if he gave it for a kick in the nuts (which it wasn't). If the referee says Bartley kicked the player in the nuts then Hibs should appeal and should win. If the referee says it was for a kick out at the Raith player then we should lose.

500miles
16-10-2016, 02:50 PM
There's a coming together after Bartley wins the ball and runs across the path of Barr, but it's a stramash in a busy area, nothing like a kick out, and another week of playing with a serious disadvantage.

gaz1875
16-10-2016, 02:50 PM
What you on about? I'm calling it because I've seen the replay and slow mo. If you don't think it's a red fine. I do and think he ref was correct on this one.

Hope to **** your no a referee :rolleyes:

500miles
16-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Liam I was behind the goals but near the corner flag. This means I had a good view of what happened (Better than the referee IMO). We got the free kick because Bartley was fouled. As he was falling forward, IMO he flicked out at the Raith player with his left leg. There was no retaliation, just stupidity / frustration. I was surprised that the referee saw it from his angle, but I wasn't surprised to see that it was Bartley who got the red. I'm in no way saying the referee was good...in fact far from it. It was probably the most incompetent performances seen for a long time but I still think that he got this right....even if he gave it for a kick in the nuts (which it wasn't). If the referee says Bartley kicked the player in the nuts then Hibs should appeal and should win. If the referee says it was for a kick out at the Raith player then we should lose.

I know the referees union looks after it's own, but you're kidding yourself on.

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Couldn't agree more if any contact just momentum and most importantly no way could the ref see it from his angle. Quite simply a joke.

Pete
16-10-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't care if you ref under fives or if you're Collina, if you think there is any kick out there you've lost it.

No, no and no again. Another ****ing disgraceful, suspect decision that will do us no good whatsoever once the cases is rescinded.

This is starting to happen far too often for it to be just bad luck IMO. Absolutely boiling watching that.

Highland_Hibee
16-10-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't care if you ref under fives or if you're Collina, if you think there is any kick out there you've lost it.

No, no and no again. Another ****ing disgraceful, suspect decision that will do us no good whatsoever once the cases is rescinded.

This is starting to happen far too often for it to be just bad luck IMO. Absolutely boiling watching that.

I feel you. I'm not one for losing my sh*t at the football but I was furious with the Bartley red card at ER. Looks like I would have been the same with this one too.

chasitup
16-10-2016, 03:59 PM
I have absolutely no idea what folk are seeing when they say it's a red card. There's absolutely nothing there and that's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and I've seen Charlie Richmond and Alan Freeland refereeing!

Bobo
16-10-2016, 04:07 PM

According to the radio the red card was given for a forearm to the face not a kick out?

lord bunberry
16-10-2016, 04:09 PM
According to the radio the red card was given for a forearm to the face not a kick out?

Lennon and Bartley have both confirmed it was for a kick.

calumhibee1
16-10-2016, 04:10 PM

One thing that's clear is that nobody knows because nothing worthy of a red happened.

bingo70
16-10-2016, 04:19 PM
I have absolutely no idea what folk are seeing when they say it's a red card. There's absolutely nothing there and that's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and I've seen Charlie Richmond and Alan Freeland refereeing!

Thinking the same thing.

I'm all for playing devils advocate and trying to be impartial but there's absolutely no part of that challenge is a red.

malcolm
16-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Just watched a Southampton player get a yellow for a late boot in this shins that was much worse than the coming together of bartley left boot on the RR player. Despite all the references on here to the heinous flick for which Bartley much have been sent off it just not clear that that particular coming together was deliberate rather than little more than the momentum involved in ....eh running when your progress has been impeded.

Also hilariously if he was sent of for a stamp to the groin then that incident was not what the ref has imagined he saw unless I've been practicing the act of procreation the wrong way for decades:wink:

BoomtownHibees
16-10-2016, 04:30 PM
I have no idea what folk are seeing on the video that says to me there should have been a red card.

And big Marv thinks the same going by his Twitter comments

StevieT
16-10-2016, 04:37 PM

I agree. I saw it at the game and thought red. The video evidence is poor particularly from this angle. Nothing to do with a 'referee union'. If we appeal and win then great but wouldn't be surprised if our appeal got thrown out.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-10-2016, 04:43 PM
I agree. I saw it at the game and thought red. The video evidence is poor particularly from this angle. Nothing to do with a 'referee union'. If we appeal and win then great but wouldn't be surprised if our appeal got thrown out.There are worse tackles in my wee man's training on a Monday night, and that's between his friends. Maybe Raith rovers could send their squad down to Livingston to train with the kids and toughen their squad up ffs!

bingo70
16-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I agree. I saw it at the game and thought red. The video evidence is poor particularly from this angle. Nothing to do with a 'referee union'. If we appeal and win then great but wouldn't be surprised if our appeal got thrown out.

I can only assume you and TC are referring to a bit contact that I clearly can't see. Assuming you're right and there is a bit contact though, it's still never a red for me.

I was going to say a yellow at a push but sorry, nope, I just can't see it. It's a contact sport, if you foul someone and there's a bit contact when the persons falling over that's still not a red.

Pete
16-10-2016, 04:49 PM

The reason the appeal wouldn't win would have nothing to do with the incident itself.

There is absolutely no "kick out" whatsoever.

...and I don't know what's poor about the video evidence. It shows host there was **** all in it in both real time AND slow motion.

ancient hibee
16-10-2016, 04:53 PM
I can only assume you and TC are referring to a bit contact that I clearly can't see. Assuming you're right and there is a bit contact though, it's still never a red for me.

I was going to say a yellow at a push but sorry, nope, I just can't see it. It's a contact sport, if you foul someone and there's a bit contact when the persons falling over that's still not a red.

Was the game not restarted with a free kick to Hibs?

1875STEVE
16-10-2016, 04:56 PM

That's never ever a red card.

That's a shocker of a decision.

And the following incident is a stonewall penalty to Hibs all day, the ref isn't even looking...

bingo70
16-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Was the game not restarted with a free kick to Hibs?

I wasn't there but i think so. Effectively he's been sent off for how he's gone down after being fouled.

pontius pilate
16-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Never a red a yellow at worse. For those who say it is a red why do you think it is?

HibsNutter
16-10-2016, 05:14 PM
****ing outrageous decision, the paranoia about a conspiracy is equally as outrageous.

In saying that, Bartley will surely have two red cards rescinded in the space of four league games. Don't think I've ever heard of that happening before.

StevieT
16-10-2016, 05:31 PM

That is the key bit Bingo. I believe there was contact (I thought so at the game but the video evidence is poor) and the referee has to decide whether or not the contact was deliberate. He thought it was and therefore a red. He certainly wasn't hanging about when getting the card out. I'm in no way sticking up for the referee as he was shocking. He slowed the game down, allowed Raith to commit fouls all over the park and how he missed the penalty claim is beyond me. Even the hand ball in the box he managed to give a free kick against us.

lapsedhibee
16-10-2016, 05:34 PM
This picking on Bartley, sending him off every few weeks, doesn't make any sense. He didn't even play in the cup final FFS!

bingo70
16-10-2016, 05:37 PM
That is the key bit Bingo. I believe there was contact (I thought so at the game but the video evidence is poor) and the referee has to decide whether or not the contact was deliberate. He thought it was and therefore a red. He certainly wasn't hanging about when getting the card out. I'm in no way sticking up for the referee as he was shocking. He slowed the game down, allowed Raith to commit fouls all over the park and how he missed the penalty claim is beyond me. Even the hand ball in the box he managed to give a free kick against us.

Even if there was contact of sorts it's still not a red.

It's a contact sport and the contact was caused by him being fouled.

emerald green
16-10-2016, 05:49 PM
This picking on Bartley, sending him off every few weeks, doesn't make any sense. He didn't even play in the cup final FFS!

Marvin Bartley looks like he could be, or become, a "marked man" with referees. It has happened to players in the past, and not just at Hibs.

But sticking to Hibs, for example take Alex Edwards. Opponents quite openly and blatantly went out to literally kick him all over the park. Alex McDonald of Rangers in particular (a dirty sneaky wee s****). Edwards got no protection whatsoever from referees, which I could never understand. He would eventually get sick of it and retaliate in some way, and they then couldn't wait to send him off. He was a "marked man".

Refereeing stank in those days, and it's still the same today.

Jim44
16-10-2016, 05:55 PM
I've just seen it and, although I was expecting to see some sort of offence, which nearly everyone on here said didn't happen, I didn't see a thing which merited any sort of caution. Ridiculous. Either highly corrupt or outrageously incompetent.

Argylehibby
16-10-2016, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=Argylehibby;4838419]If that was a red card offence then their guy that clattered Boyle when he was passing him on our left wing should be facing a 2 year stretch in Saughton

I may be wrong but I think the ref didnae book him or was that another foul in that area. Finnie was a joke and the penalty claim was ridiculous.

Never even spoke to the guy which was ridiculous as the ball was 5 yards away when he clattered into Boyle.

Big L
16-10-2016, 06:08 PM
I've watched it 6 times on Hibs TV and it's certainly not a sending off!! What pisses me off is the amount of chances we had, we should have been out of sight long before the sending off!

lapsedhibee
16-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Refereeing stank in those days, and it's still the same today.

Indeed. Those days included a time when Celtc were lucky to get a 2-2 draw against us in a League Cup semi-final. Ref sent Big John M off in the replay to help ensure that the right two teams reached the final.

Andy74
16-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Wasn't a red card live and still isn't. If you showed that close up clip to someone and asked them to tell you an offence and outcome I'd be amazed if anyone guessed a red for Bartley.

Lago
16-10-2016, 06:30 PM

Getting harder & harder to express an honest opinion on here these days:agree:

emerald green
16-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Indeed. Those days included a time when Celtc were lucky to get a 2-2 draw against us in a League Cup semi-final. Ref sent Big John M off in the replay to help ensure that the right two teams reached the final.

Yep that's right. I was at the 2-2 draw in the League Cup semi final, which was played at Ibrox on a Wednesday night. Huge crowd. Tommy Gemmell equalised for Celtic right at the end of the match.

Off topic I know, but that night we were standing quite near to the top of what would later become the tragic stairway 13. It gives me the creeps every time I think back to it. There's no doubt it was an accident just waiting to happen.

Pete
16-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Getting harder & harder to express an honest opinion on here these days:agree:

Disagree. It's easy to type the text in and submit reply.

Bingo. Opinion expressed.

Lago
16-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Disagree. It's easy to type the text in and submit reply.

Bingo. Opinion expressed.
Boy you are a smart guy, but you just confirm my thoughts.

jimmythefish
16-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Just watched the highlights again & what's even more baffling than the red is the 2 penalties, the 2nd one the handball by the big centre half he gave a free kick against holt were he didn't appear to touch the guy, think it's been said either a cheat or totally inept

LithgaeHibby
16-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Watched it several times and cannot see any foul or kick out. This is an outrageous decision by an incompetent referee. And then there's the penalty claims as well. That's 3 unjust / soft red cards over 4 games. No one can say we are an ill-disciplined side, especially when every week we have to watch other teams rack up a huge foul count against us. They say these things even out over a season - well I'm looking forward to a barrel load of decisions coming our way...

Pete
16-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Boy you are a smart guy, but you just confirm my thoughts.

Ach lighten up and stop feeling sorry for yourself. :thumbsup:

steviehibsleith
16-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I think the RR footage shows Bartley has a petulant kick with his left foot against Barrs right shin. This was never violent so is this not just a yellow card offence ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
16-10-2016, 06:56 PM

Clear as day yet no-one else see's it :rolleyes:

Decent wind up though TC, made the thread a lot more entertaining :agree:

HoboHarry
16-10-2016, 07:02 PM
No matter how many times I replay it there is no red card offence in there. Apart from the referee making absolute erse of himself I hope their player reflects on his conduct too in getting a fellow professional sent off. I doubt that he will though, I imagine he is quite pleased with himself even after seeing the replay.

Brooster
16-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Never a red but thats twice in 3 games Bartley has needlessly jumped in right in front of the ref. Im not sure what he actually brings to team, I would play Fyvie as CDM all week long. The fact that we played better without Bartley tells me a lot. Decent back up but never a starter.

fife hfc
16-10-2016, 07:07 PM
No matter how many times I replay it there is no red card offence in there. Apart from the referee making absolute erse of himself I hope their player reflects on his conduct too in getting a fellow professional sent off. I doubt that he will though, I imagine he is quite pleased with himself even after seeing the replay.

I watched him and he went to the halfway line and had a laugh with another Raith player. Then soon after made a gesture to the Hibs fans as the ball went out of play. Looking at his tweet he certainly enjoyed his part in the sending off.

Johnny_Leith
16-10-2016, 07:22 PM
That's never a red card, ridiculous.

Onion
16-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Never a red but thats twice in 3 games Bartley has needlessly jumped in right in front of the ref. Im not sure what he actually brings to team, I would play Fyvie as CDM all week long. The fact that we played better without Bartley tells me a lot. Decent back up but never a starter.

Bartley is on a hiding to nothing. He's as close as Hibs have got to a midfield "enforcer" without him actually being dirty/physical player, but gets worse treatment by the officials than the dirty little hun like Ian Black who openly assaulted opponents.

The referee IMO reacted indecently quickly in getting the red card out, as if Bartley had just committed a deliberate career ending leg-breaker on the Raith player. It was less than any "professional foul" that defenders make on strikers every weekend. Never in a Sevco fan's wet dream was that a red card, and I fully expect it to be downgraded to a yellow (at worst), yet again ! The SPFL / SFA should be embarrassed by this and save Hibs the trouble of appealing.

coldingham hibs
16-10-2016, 07:32 PM

Totally agree with this. We need creative, skilful players and not Bartley. backup to Fyvie is fair enough but never a starter.

Stevie Reid
16-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Just seen it. Even worse than I thought it would be after reading all the comments on here. Lost for words.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2016, 07:38 PM
I watched him and he went to the halfway line and had a laugh with another Raith player. Then soon after made a gesture to the Hibs fans as the ball went out of play. Looking at his tweet he certainly enjoyed his part in the sending off.
Ah well, maybe someone will connect properly with the wee hun crawler sometime soon so he gets to see what a real red card challenge feels like.

Sammy7nil
16-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Clear as day yet no-one else see's it :rolleyes:

Decent wind up though TC, made the thread a lot more entertaining :agree:

He defo has a wee kick

Broken Gnome
16-10-2016, 07:44 PM
He defo has a wee kick

He does. But come on, how often would that not end in a free kick to Hibs with both players getting spoken to??

I think we have our one case.

My_Wife_Camille
16-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but I saw that Bartley himself has confirmed on twitter that he was sent off for a supposed high foot to the groin area.

Nothing to do with a flick of the arm

Nothing to do with an elbow

nothing to do with a flick of the leg

as QMU-1874 said, people who are desperate to appear knowledgable are doing nothing more than speculating at what it could be and filling in the blanks

The fact is it was a supposed high foot. Anything else mentioned is nonsense.

green day
16-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but I saw that Bartley himself has confirmed on twitter that he was sent off for a supposed high foot to the groin area.

as QMU-1874 said, people who are desperate to appear knowledgable are doing nothing more than speculating at what it could be and filling in the blanks

Correct.

And if that's what is written up then the appeal will win.

Jonnyboy
16-10-2016, 08:08 PM

Slip of the typing finger there? :wink:

allezsauzee
16-10-2016, 08:11 PM
If Bartley has had a kick at the boy then it's the quickest his legs have ever moved while playing for Hibs. Ridiculous decision.

The Green Goblin
16-10-2016, 08:30 PM

:tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 08:49 PM
There is something sinister going on here in my opinion, both times he's been sent off the ref had his red card out practically before the player has even made the tackle.

Seems to me they are out to get us and have made up their mind before the game they will send one of our players off at the first chance they get.

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 08:58 PM

The camera angle is the same angle as the refs though. Atrocious made up decision.

Vini1875
16-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Clumsy challenge at most. Maybe a yellow, but then it would have been a free kick to RR as it was the free kick went to Hibs. Nothing in it and Hibs need to appeal.

Marco G
16-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes, but he gave us the free kick!? So how do you figure that out? My take was that he was sending off the Raith player and was gobsmacked. I remember last season John McGinn was sent off for diving in, when he had first been pushed by the (St Mirren?) Player. Red was rescinded. I think the same happened here. Bartley was fouled and caught the Raith player as he went down. We got the free kick and I think the ref just got it badly wrong about it being a deliberate kick out by Bartley. I think the red will be cancelled but again too late to change us going down to 10 men.

And by the way, from my seat behind the goals, I thought we put in a great second half and were very unlucky not to win.

QMU-1875
16-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Yes MWC has done this before, seems to have a strange obsession with the number...

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 09:22 PM
There is something sinister going on here in my opinion, both times he's been sent off the ref had his red card out practically before the player has even made the tackle.

Seems to me they are out to get us and have made up their mind before the game they will send one of our players off at the first chance they get.

Yep it has been proven the game is bent in this country and that includes a section of refs IMO. We get kicked up and down by cloggers in this league yet we have now had 3 absolute shocking non red cards in the last 3 games. A mix of an anti Lennon agenda or we annoyed people by winning the cup in May. We have had virtually no decisions in the last few years and have been on the wrong end of numerous shockers. Definite agenda.

northstandhibby
16-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Yep it has been proven the game is bent in this country and that includes a section of refs IMO. We get kicked up and down by cloggers in this league yet we have now had 3 absolute shocking non red cards in the last 3 games. A mix of an anti Lennon agenda or we annoyed people by winning the cup in May. We have had virtually no decisions in the last few years and have been on the wrong end of numerous shockers. Definite agenda.

:top marks

The only set of officials I have respect for are Referee Steven Mclean and his linesmen at the final who had a particularly honest game that wondrous day of when the Holy Grail returned to ER.

He had a very good game that beautiful day.

It was particularly satisfying we won it against the Huns who have plundered and cheated their way to many a league or cup.

Finnie resembles a neanderthal hun, check out his sfa profile.

www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11)

GGTTH

monktonharp
16-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Another bizarre sending off by a ref who was so determined to give us nothing he can only be a the the rangers man dishing out a bit of punishment for our temerity at winning the cup.

Wonder if the authorities will be able to bring themselves to overturn this one as well? Makes the refs look a bit stupid.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalkget the link to work, but my son told me that the ref is in someway involved with Broxburn Hearts? shilrley naw a reason to send one o' ours aff?

monktonharp
16-10-2016, 10:02 PM
meant cant get it to work

monktonharp
16-10-2016, 10:07 PM
You'd almost think we were being punished after the cup final.
Again, reffering to my son's comments. we won the cup so they are trying to punish us in anyway they can. I might be ..paranoid, but that disnae mean they are not out to get us.

Eyrie
16-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I can understand that it's an automatic red card for kicking out at a player but having viewed the incident several times I don't see any attempt at a kick, just a coming together as Bartley's momentum takes him into the player obstructing him.

Clear foul to Hibs, nothing else to give.

matty_f
16-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Have seen it a few times now, and not once did I think there was anything even remotely like a red card offence. Ludicrous decision by the referee and one that will surely be overturned.

The_Exile
16-10-2016, 10:26 PM
There's no leading with the elbow, there's no kick, there's no foul by either team, it's all very very strange.

monktonharp
16-10-2016, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=superfurryhibby;4838480]Having looked at better quality vid several times, Bartley's elbow was raised. Whether it connected deliberately or otherwise, I can't say. At the time of the first vid, when I commented it seemed that that was the basis for the sending off.

So, what was the agenda I had? Any chance of enlightening me?[/QUOTE Hang on, someone else mentions, his leg was out. you mention his elbow. what was it then? elbow, or leg? I was at the game and saw none of the above

monktonharp
16-10-2016, 10:42 PM
:top marks

The only set of officials I have respect for are Referee Steven Mclean and his linesmen at the final who had a particularly honest game that wondrous day of when the Holy Grail returned to ER.

He had a very good game that beautiful day.

It was particularly satisfying we won it against the Huns who have plundered and cheated their way to many a league or cup.

Finnie resembles a neanderthal hun, check out his sfa profile.

www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11)

GGTTH:not worth

HoboHarry
16-10-2016, 11:39 PM
If that is true then he is a moron.The trouble though with being a moron is that he wont know he is a moron.....

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2016, 03:44 AM
A green shirt and black skin is not the ideal colour combo for those flat earth masonic Hun bigots with with whistles we jokingly call referees in Scotland.

high bee
17-10-2016, 05:10 AM
All the talk of punishing us for winning the cup etc doesn't add up for me.

Raith were 5/1 before the game if I remember right and I'm sure Ayr would have been similar and with all the corruption in the game it is worrying that these decisions keep occurring now when there is less focus on the league and we are odds on every week now Sevco are gone.

There's no way this could occur against either of the ugly sisters as they would turn the media circus up to 11 about it but we quietly accept things in a league with little outside interest in a hugely corrupt sport. No way of knowing if there is something sinister at play here but it does trouble me given the full circumstances.

bingo70
17-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Those saying it was a red might want to read Bartleys tweet this morning.

"Today I will be practicing how to stop in midair and also how to 'boot' someone half my size and not spin 180 degrees and end up on my bum!"

Steve20
17-10-2016, 07:02 AM
I can't believe there's anyone that thinks it's a red card.

I'm pretty sure the ref didn't think it was one either, but as per usual couldn't wait to dish a red card to one of our players.

Bostonhibby
17-10-2016, 07:05 AM
I can't believe there's anyone that thinks it's a red card.

I'm pretty sure the ref didn't think it was one either, but as per usual couldn't wait to dish a red card to one of our players.
Probably had a bet on a red being issued in game and a nice priced draw[emoji6]

lucky
17-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Marvins tweeted this morning;

Today I will be practicing how to stop in midair and also how to 'boot' someone half my size and not spin 180 degrees and end up on my bum!

lucky
17-10-2016, 07:06 AM
Previously teeeted the ref said it was for a high foot

Hibrandenburg
17-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Previously teeeted the ref said it was for a high foot

Yepp, your feet tend to do that when you're rolling arse over tit!

Highland_Hibee
17-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Love Big Marv. Truly believe he isn't the type to go looking for trouble. Just a hard honest lad. His sendings off have been an absolute farce.

HibbySpurs
17-10-2016, 08:35 AM

FFS, it's a soft free kick never mind a red card.

dalkeith stu
17-10-2016, 09:08 AM
FFS, it's a soft free kick never mind a red card.

Didn't we get the free kick?? Wonder what we didn't see as the Raith boy was going tonto!!

andrew70
17-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Didn't we get the free kick?? Wonder what we didn't see as the Raith boy was going tonto!!

More likely because he is a complete welt. Horrible Hun f***

Carheenlea
17-10-2016, 09:12 AM

There was nothing to see - the Raith player has cheated the referee into sending off Marvin by his reaction.
Red card will be rescinded, and the Raith player suspended for two games for unsporting behaviour/bringing the game into disrepute/cheating.

Mr Grieves
17-10-2016, 09:23 AM

Bartley has confirmed that the Raith no.11 accused him of diving. We didn't see anything as there's nothing to see!

dalkeith stu
17-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Just wondered as I can't see anything and couldn't understand why the guy still had to be calmed down as Bartley was walking off. Strange reaction.

lord bunberry
17-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Just wondered as I can't see anything and couldn't understand why the guy still had to be calmed down as Bartley was walking off. Strange reaction.
It's very strange. A player has just allegedly received a boot to the groin and his reaction is to accuse the alleged perpetrator of diving.

Moulin Yarns
17-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Lennon revealed the big Englishman was “distraught” after being ordered off and confirmed he would appeal the red card, just a month after Bartley’s red card against Ayr United was rescinded.

“I am even more confident of getting this one rescinded than the last time. Marvin is the one who gets fouled and we were absolutely gobsmacked. And, again, our whole plan goes out the window.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/10/16/raith-rovers-draw-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-wants-justice-easter-road-outfit-questions-competence-referees/?platform=hootsuite

Bostonhibby
17-10-2016, 09:58 AM
There was nothing to see - the Raith player has cheated the referee into sending off Marvin by his reaction.
Red card will be rescinded, and the Raith player suspended for two games for unsporting behaviour/bringing the game into disrepute/cheating.
You'd like to think so but I think there's a better chance of Craig Thompson baking 15000 fairy cakes and personally serving them to hibs fans when he's next at Easter road.

CockneyRebel
17-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Bartley has confirmed that the Raith no.11 accused him of diving. We didn't see anything as there's nothing to see!

If the ref believed the Raith player then Bartley would have got a yellow for diving and not a red and Hibs would not have got the free kick so I'm totally lost.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2016, 10:09 AM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/10/16/raith-rovers-draw-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-wants-justice-easter-road-outfit-questions-competence-referees/?platform=hootsuite

hopefully the official site pick up on the appeal :greengrin

Carheenlea
17-10-2016, 11:15 AM

Good to see Neil stick up for his players and the club, and he is absolutely right to do so at this time. Will be interesting to see if the boardroom follows suit, or if the manager will be left to speak up just himself.
If nothing else, this whole sorry episode should galvanise the whole camp and spur us on to scoring enough goals so that these blunders will not have the same consequence on us going forward.

dalkeith stu
17-10-2016, 11:26 AM
If the ref believed the Raith player then Bartley would have got a yellow for diving and not a red and Hibs would not have got the free kick so I'm totally lost.

I'm with you!!

Jack Hackett
17-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Concensus is that he thought he was being shown the card and was having a go at Marv for diving.

Bishop Hibee
17-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Absolutely shocking decision. Compare it to Lewis Moult kicking Liam Henderson up in the air at the weekend for which he only received a yellow card. Refs haven't a clue.

Leithenhibby
17-10-2016, 12:21 PM
It's very strange. A player has just allegedly received a boot to the groin and his reaction is to accuse the alleged perpetrator of diving.

You make a very good point, in today's press he is quoted as saying "Bartley booted me" :rolleyes:

Jack Hackett
17-10-2016, 12:28 PM
You make a very good point, in today's press he is quoted as saying "Bartley booted me" :rolleyes:

He's making it up to fit with the refs reported statement to Lennon

greenginger
17-10-2016, 12:29 PM

The fouling Raith player makes no attempt to rub his booted leg or show the ref the damage caused to said booted leg.

But then again, what's new about a hun inventing stories about non-existent assaults.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Hibs confirmed they are appealing it

Hamish
17-10-2016, 02:02 PM
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/300066/raith-rovers-0-hibs-0-barr-says-red-right/

GreenLake
17-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I think the RR footage shows Bartley has a petulant kick with his left foot against Barrs right shin. This was never violent so is this not just a yellow card offence ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The video shows the RR player went into the space where Bartley's next step was going to land him. He just falls over the RR player unable to step anywhere else. Ref is an idiot and this should be rescinded.

J-C
17-10-2016, 02:47 PM
The video shows the RR player went into the space where Bartley's next step was going to land him. He just falls over the RR player unable to step anywhere else. Ref is an idiot and this should be rescinded.

To me it just looked like a tangle of legs and nothing more.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2016, 02:51 PM
I just flicked the V's at a prick who cut me up at a junction, fully expect 6 months for my indiscretion.

Bristolhibby
17-10-2016, 02:53 PM
What makes this even more crazy is we get the resulting free kick!

WTF was that for?

According to the ref our player fouls so bad to warrant a sending off, while at the same time being fouled?

Schrödinger's Foul.

J

GreenLake
17-10-2016, 03:00 PM
I just flicked the V's at a prick who cut me up at a junction, fully expect 6 months for my indiscretion.

Don't drive in LA or you will ruin your golf game with repetitive strain injury.

GreenLake
17-10-2016, 03:02 PM
What makes this even more crazy is we get the resulting free kick!

WTF was that for?

According to the ref our player fouls so bad to warrant a sending off, while at the same time being fouled?

Schrödinger's Foul.

J

With imaginary numbers of kicks to the groin.

emerald green
17-10-2016, 06:19 PM
I see Hibs are appealing against Bartley's red card.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-appeal-marvin-bartley-red-card-against-raith-1-4260678

Sir David Gray
17-10-2016, 06:23 PM
I see Hibs are appealing against Bartley's red card.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-appeal-marvin-bartley-red-card-against-raith-1-4260678

Quite right too.

I would be surprised if the appeal is successful though.

emerald green
17-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Quite right too.

I would be surprised if the appeal is successful though.

The club really had no choice other than to appeal. It will be very interesting to hear what the outcome is, and if the appeal is unsuccessful what reason is concocted.

Lago
17-10-2016, 06:38 PM
The club really had no choice other than to appeal. It will be very interesting to hear what the outcome is, and if the appeal is unsuccessful what reason is concocted.
Any rejection will be purley political, watch this space.

green day
17-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Do they need to give a reason? I thought they just need to tell us it's been unsuccessful.

greenginger
17-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Downgrade it to a yellow, easy way out.

That would be saying the ref was not totally wrong whilst satisfying Hibs and Bartley.