PDA

View Full Version : Starks Park crowd.

ANDY McGEECHAN
16-10-2016, 06:06 AM
First of all, well done to the 2000 Hibbys who attended today. Although this was more than half the total attendance, the first 45 mins seemed more like a kick about down the park than a Hibs away day. It was not until the 2nd half that we all got behind the team, and I really thought that made a difference to the performance. Yes there was a sense of injustice at the red card, but I feel we like the team did not turn up for the first half. Thoughts ?

scoopyboy
16-10-2016, 06:50 AM
I thought over the piece we done ok.

I sensed a resilience in the team and the fans in the second half and came away from the game feeling reasonably upbeat.

Ref ruined the game for me though, pathetic excuse of a man.

I thought the refs in the top division were poor but in this league it's even worse.

Green-Hibee-7
16-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Think the fans reaction at the end said it all really. As far as I was aware everyone applauded the players and Lennon. The effort was certainly there, the ref ruined it though. Any atmosphere that could have been created with a high tempo would have been killed with the amount of stoppages that clown was making.

I get what you mean though and it's something I have thought about. We've had class numbers at all away games this season but atmosphere Falkirk apart has been poor. I reckon (myself included) people are bored of playing these teams and it's painful watching us trying to breakdown teams set out to come away with a draw or as low a defeat as possible.

I'd love it if our away crowds were as good in terms of atmosphere like they are a Tynie and say Killie away in Scottish cup a few years ago. Probably unrealistic but agree would definitely help the boys.

frazeHFC
17-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Looking across at the Raith end (1.5 stands and nowhere near full) couldn't help think to myself how the hell we are still in a league with teams like that. Need to get back to where we belong.

Jonnyboy
17-10-2016, 09:44 AM
Looking across at the Raith end (1.5 stands and nowhere near full) couldn't help think to myself how the hell we are still in a league with teams like that. Need to get back to where we belong.

Yep and then we can do the same thing when we are away to Ross County, ICT etc 😉

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2016, 09:56 AM
quick mention, well done the hibs fans outnumbering the home fans :agree:

att:3,753

1799 home fans
1954 away fans

frazeHFC
17-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Yep and then we can do the same thing when we are away to Ross County, ICT etc 😉

That's a very good point. :tee hee: